Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | +1 every lair expansion
1 2 3
[quote name="GrimoireBlack" date="2019-05-17 14:41:42" ] [quote name="Lara8" date="2019-05-17 14:29:06" ] [quote name="@GrimoireBlack" date="2019-05-17 08:58:14" ] Even with the guides for it, I guess I'm just not smart enough or something because I do NOT understand how Glimmer and Gloom works. I've read and reread the guides but I still cannot fill the board out.[/quote] I made a [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2519467/2#post_35150607]simplified version[/url], you're welcome to give it a look and see if it helps. The game seemed impenetrable to me too until I found the method I've simplified there. [/quote] I'll check that out! It's not the guide writer's fault of course; I'm just really awful at recognizing and solving mathematical patterns for some reason and G&G seems to be a Geometry major's dream, ha! [/quote] Can confirm that the simplified version is amazing, I max out fairgrounds in 15 minutes and I don't even have to pay attention. Single puzzles take like 7 seconds, it's incredible.
GrimoireBlack wrote on 2019-05-17 14:41:42:
Lara8 wrote on 2019-05-17 14:29:06:
@GrimoireBlack wrote on 2019-05-17 08:58:14:
Even with the guides for it, I guess I'm just not smart enough or something because I do NOT understand how Glimmer and Gloom works. I've read and reread the guides but I still cannot fill the board out.

I made a simplified version, you're welcome to give it a look and see if it helps. The game seemed impenetrable to me too until I found the method I've simplified there.

I'll check that out! It's not the guide writer's fault of course; I'm just really awful at recognizing and solving mathematical patterns for some reason and G&G seems to be a Geometry major's dream, ha!

Can confirm that the simplified version is amazing, I max out fairgrounds in 15 minutes and I don't even have to pay attention. Single puzzles take like 7 seconds, it's incredible.
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
I unfortunately just can't seem to wrap my head around it. I wind up always having one un-turned tile on the far bottom corner that I can't ever flip no matter what I do.

Oh well. Hopefully someday there'll be a non-math based game that lets me earn that 75k lol. Till then, I'll just keep exalting!
I unfortunately just can't seem to wrap my head around it. I wind up always having one un-turned tile on the far bottom corner that I can't ever flip no matter what I do.

Oh well. Hopefully someday there'll be a non-math based game that lets me earn that 75k lol. Till then, I'll just keep exalting!
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
@GrimoireBlack

...except the simplified version literally tells you how to do every possible hard puzzle without any math and with 3 things to memorize? The strategy is "shift lights down and to the right, hit these three tiles if the remaining tiles match X-Y-or-Z, shift lights down and to the right again, profit." There's pictures at the link provided. It's life-changing!
@GrimoireBlack

...except the simplified version literally tells you how to do every possible hard puzzle without any math and with 3 things to memorize? The strategy is "shift lights down and to the right, hit these three tiles if the remaining tiles match X-Y-or-Z, shift lights down and to the right again, profit." There's pictures at the link provided. It's life-changing!
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
I have dyscalculia, which makes you terrible at even basic math and interferes with your ability to deal with complex patterns. My skills lie more in the tetris range of puzzle games, and though this may seem simple and easy for you, even when I think I have the hang of it I still fail and I can't figure out why. Patterns and numbers are just not permanent in my mind; I forget them in seconds, and when I'm trying to figure them out actively they confuse me often.

The solution to the puzzle is still a numerical pattern, which, although it is not math in the addition and subtraction sense, is enough to throw someone like me off. I can't even tell time on an analog clock, lol.

Since my original comments, I have actually been able to solve the Very Hard puzzles with the help of a video made by a programmer and my math wizard other half walking me through my first few, then let me try my own. It takes me like 13 minutes per puzzle but it's nice to have a little victory over my dumb brain.
I have dyscalculia, which makes you terrible at even basic math and interferes with your ability to deal with complex patterns. My skills lie more in the tetris range of puzzle games, and though this may seem simple and easy for you, even when I think I have the hang of it I still fail and I can't figure out why. Patterns and numbers are just not permanent in my mind; I forget them in seconds, and when I'm trying to figure them out actively they confuse me often.

The solution to the puzzle is still a numerical pattern, which, although it is not math in the addition and subtraction sense, is enough to throw someone like me off. I can't even tell time on an analog clock, lol.

Since my original comments, I have actually been able to solve the Very Hard puzzles with the help of a video made by a programmer and my math wizard other half walking me through my first few, then let me try my own. It takes me like 13 minutes per puzzle but it's nice to have a little victory over my dumb brain.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
1 2 3