Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Block Users Who Have Us Blocked
1 2 3 4
Support, especially with an option to make blocking the other user automatic. Serves them right for blocking you in the first place.
Support, especially with an option to make blocking the other user automatic. Serves them right for blocking you in the first place.
3P334Mh.gifur1aRQ7.gifXT6s1Yv.gif5hHSdlu.gifNyJQIV5.gif
Maybe a manual blocking system in the settings page where you can manually write in someone's username or ID number and block them. Other sites have this and I think it would solve this issue a bit? :)
Maybe a manual blocking system in the settings page where you can manually write in someone's username or ID number and block them. Other sites have this and I think it would solve this issue a bit? :)
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
If this were a toggle that didn't allow you to see who'd blocked you in a list, I'd support it. It would be all or nothing though. You 100% block those who block you or you don't, but you don't get to know who they are. I don't support getting a list of those who blocked you to decide if you want to block them back as this would open people up to off site abuse and bullying.
If this were a toggle that didn't allow you to see who'd blocked you in a list, I'd support it. It would be all or nothing though. You 100% block those who block you or you don't, but you don't get to know who they are. I don't support getting a list of those who blocked you to decide if you want to block them back as this would open people up to off site abuse and bullying.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
@Ygdrasill

Nobody said we would be getting a list or whatever? Most of these people know someone blocked them because they tried to visit that user's profile for whatever reason, and couldn't. If they didn't block the person, then the only logical reason is that they were blocked. It's not like that's impossible to find out of your own accord, but if you wanted to find every user who has you blocked that would be a lot of work, as opposed to happening upon it by accident, or as others have said, in cases of harassment. Basically, what we want is a better way to go about blocking people, because right now, if someone has us blocked, our hands our (officially) tied and we can't make it mutual, although there are workarounds. Nobody's asking for a list of who has us blocked.

I don't like the idea that it's all or nothing; as others have said, some people I don't care if they block me or not, while with others, I don't want to interact with them or allow them any chance to do so if they choose to unblock me in the future. All-or-nothing seems drastic, and I wonder how it would be handled if someone did unblock you at a later date - would they automatically be remove from my block list? If yes, what's even the point? I wanted to block them, not because they blocked me, but because I don't want to interact with them or their posts.
@Ygdrasill

Nobody said we would be getting a list or whatever? Most of these people know someone blocked them because they tried to visit that user's profile for whatever reason, and couldn't. If they didn't block the person, then the only logical reason is that they were blocked. It's not like that's impossible to find out of your own accord, but if you wanted to find every user who has you blocked that would be a lot of work, as opposed to happening upon it by accident, or as others have said, in cases of harassment. Basically, what we want is a better way to go about blocking people, because right now, if someone has us blocked, our hands our (officially) tied and we can't make it mutual, although there are workarounds. Nobody's asking for a list of who has us blocked.

I don't like the idea that it's all or nothing; as others have said, some people I don't care if they block me or not, while with others, I don't want to interact with them or allow them any chance to do so if they choose to unblock me in the future. All-or-nothing seems drastic, and I wonder how it would be handled if someone did unblock you at a later date - would they automatically be remove from my block list? If yes, what's even the point? I wanted to block them, not because they blocked me, but because I don't want to interact with them or their posts.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
@SeaCrest
I said I supported it as long as it didn't give you a list of who had you blocked. I agree if you have the name of somebody who blocked you already, you should be able to block them in return, I just don't support anything that would let you see that list.
@SeaCrest
I said I supported it as long as it didn't give you a list of who had you blocked. I agree if you have the name of somebody who blocked you already, you should be able to block them in return, I just don't support anything that would let you see that list.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
I would personally prefer if it DIDN'T rely on you manually typing in a username or ID number. I know people who have blocked me, but then remade and now use different accounts. Have they blocked me there? I don't know. I don't want them snooping around my stuff, though, and I'm not giving up my lore, dragons, and items just to get away from someone.

I'd rather have some sort of button that just blocks people that have blocked me. I understand if this person wants the privacy of me not knowing their new account; we had a bad falling out. Things happen. I don't need to stalk them and know where they are. I just want privacy for myself, too.

Support.
I would personally prefer if it DIDN'T rely on you manually typing in a username or ID number. I know people who have blocked me, but then remade and now use different accounts. Have they blocked me there? I don't know. I don't want them snooping around my stuff, though, and I'm not giving up my lore, dragons, and items just to get away from someone.

I'd rather have some sort of button that just blocks people that have blocked me. I understand if this person wants the privacy of me not knowing their new account; we had a bad falling out. Things happen. I don't need to stalk them and know where they are. I just want privacy for myself, too.

Support.
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
support. i once didnt remember this person blocked me, if i even knew at all, and was going to offer help for their dragons and even items they wanted. no one knew, but i went annoied and a little hurt. i dont remember this person, but i can promise you i blocked em back. i'd like to know if someone finds me annoying so i can block them. i dont care if its petty. id like not to do this again and feel angry and stupid over it.
support. i once didnt remember this person blocked me, if i even knew at all, and was going to offer help for their dragons and even items they wanted. no one knew, but i went annoied and a little hurt. i dont remember this person, but i can promise you i blocked em back. i'd like to know if someone finds me annoying so i can block them. i dont care if its petty. id like not to do this again and feel angry and stupid over it.
TBD
Enthusiastic support! It doesn't seem right that harassers can use the blocking system to protect themselves.
Enthusiastic support! It doesn't seem right that harassers can use the blocking system to protect themselves.
Please help me raise my Dragon Cave hatchlings and hatch my eggs by viewing and clicking on them. :D (A big thank you to everyone who has already helped!)
I strongly agree, you definitely should be able to block other users back. That way they can't just unblock you to harass you, send messages, etc... and then block you again

Also I suggest being unable to see and buy dragons on the auction house listed by someone you have blocked or has blocked you. Prevent any pettiness of users who might go out of their way to buy a dragon and exalt it just to be mean to a user
I strongly agree, you definitely should be able to block other users back. That way they can't just unblock you to harass you, send messages, etc... and then block you again

Also I suggest being unable to see and buy dragons on the auction house listed by someone you have blocked or has blocked you. Prevent any pettiness of users who might go out of their way to buy a dragon and exalt it just to be mean to a user
3nB4rFV.png
9PCHmr6.png.....hdED1pW.png
My wishlist
[quote name="@Vinnamah" date="2019-02-21 14:20:04" ] Also I suggest being unable to see and buy dragons on the auction house listed by someone you have blocked or has blocked you. Prevent any pettiness of users who might go out of their way to buy a dragon and exalt it just to be mean to a user [/quote] That's already the case. For example, I block people who list pages of starving fodder at the floor price during busy dom pushes because it hides them from the listing so I don't have to worry about accidentally buying them when things are moving fast.
@Vinnamah wrote on 2019-02-21 14:20:04:

That's already the case. For example, I block people who list pages of starving fodder at the floor price during busy dom pushes because it hides them from the listing so I don't have to worry about accidentally buying them when things are moving fast.
1 2 3 4