Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Naming upon hatching is required
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
[quote name="Valemora" date="2018-12-22 12:40:43" ] [quote name="Ekon" date="2018-12-22 12:28:06" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-12-22 12:24:57" ] [quote name="Valemora" date="2018-12-22 12:23:17" ] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=552848] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5529/552848_350.png[/img] [/url] Once again The Unnamed One asks to leave his family as is and suggests naming before selling. [/quote] Is it me, or does the Unnamed one get more malevolent looking the more he is posted to these types of threads.... (I don't remember him looking this scary) [/quote] So I'm not the only one seeing this. XD Interesting [/quote] He feeds on the anger of those supporting his plight. [/quote] He can feed on mine aplenty, these kinds of posts rile me up to no end. To address the post, I can take ages to name a dragon, and I like to have names that both mean something and fit the dragon if they are not already fandragons. I believe most people would be royally peeved if they had to spend ~10 minutes or more per hatchling looking up appropriate names on the spot in order to not have something idiotic that the random name generator spits out. And no, multiple people [b]CAN NOT[/b] own one dragon at any one given time. That dragon belongs [b]soley[/b] to the person who's lair it resides in, and no one else, until such a time as that dragon leaves the lair to join another. How would you react if I went about making posts about how I want the name Bob banned as a legitimate name on site, because such and such named a hatchling I sold [i]unnamed[/i] to Bob, and I find such a name unsightly on my offspring lists. Its completely ridiculous isnt it? All suggestions to basically ban unnamed are as equally ridiculous. Get over yourself and name your hatchlings before you sell them if it bothers you so much.
Valemora wrote on 2018-12-22 12:40:43:
Ekon wrote on 2018-12-22 12:28:06:
Jemadar wrote on 2018-12-22 12:24:57:
Valemora wrote on 2018-12-22 12:23:17:

552848_350.png

Once again The Unnamed One asks to leave his family as is and suggests naming before selling.
Is it me, or does the Unnamed one get more malevolent looking the more he is posted to these types of threads.... (I don't remember him looking this scary)

So I'm not the only one seeing this. XD Interesting
He feeds on the anger of those supporting his plight.
He can feed on mine aplenty, these kinds of posts rile me up to no end.
To address the post, I can take ages to name a dragon, and I like to have names that both mean something and fit the dragon if they are not already fandragons. I believe most people would be royally peeved if they had to spend ~10 minutes or more per hatchling looking up appropriate names on the spot in order to not have something idiotic that the random name generator spits out.
And no, multiple people CAN NOT own one dragon at any one given time. That dragon belongs soley to the person who's lair it resides in, and no one else, until such a time as that dragon leaves the lair to join another.
How would you react if I went about making posts about how I want the name Bob banned as a legitimate name on site, because such and such named a hatchling I sold unnamed to Bob, and I find such a name unsightly on my offspring lists.
Its completely ridiculous isnt it? All suggestions to basically ban unnamed are as equally ridiculous. Get over yourself and name your hatchlings before you sell them if it bothers you so much.
#UnnamedIsValid
Leaving dragons unnamed, whether it be as permas or to exalt, is a legitimate playstyle, stop treating us as enemies. There is nothing wrong with unnamed dragons!
I'm not going to name my dragons just because you don't want a imperfect list.
So no support.
I'm not going to name my dragons just because you don't want a imperfect list.
So no support.
These threads just make me laugh at this point from seeing them so much.

No support, name your own dragons.
These threads just make me laugh at this point from seeing them so much.

No support, name your own dragons.
Neurodivergent Nonbinary Adult
Any Pronouns, No Preference

I have a processing disorder and I'm notoriously awful at math so patience is highly appreciated.

Feel free to ping me; I appreciate serious and silly pings!

My Questboard and Wishlist!
No.

Why should it be our job to tend your offspring lists? Do you have any idea how rude it is to say our dragons are "temporary"? Honestly I hope you're trolling for reactions here and don't actually believe this.
The dragons are owned by whatever player has them. End of discussion. They are free to do WHATEVER they want with it within the rules of the site.

If I purchase an unnamed dragon off the AH, that tells me the hatcher didn't care enough to name them. If naming is so simple as you say, why don't you name your own dragons before you sell them?
No.

Why should it be our job to tend your offspring lists? Do you have any idea how rude it is to say our dragons are "temporary"? Honestly I hope you're trolling for reactions here and don't actually believe this.
The dragons are owned by whatever player has them. End of discussion. They are free to do WHATEVER they want with it within the rules of the site.

If I purchase an unnamed dragon off the AH, that tells me the hatcher didn't care enough to name them. If naming is so simple as you say, why don't you name your own dragons before you sell them?
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
Once it leaves your lair, it's not yours. Grow up and deal with it. Nobody owes it to you to do anything with their own dragons.
Once it leaves your lair, it's not yours. Grow up and deal with it. Nobody owes it to you to do anything with their own dragons.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
My goodness.... well this started even more fun than usual.

No support. Not now not ever. Not in a billion years. I can name my dragons whatever I want or not name them or some bizarre combination over its lifetime.

Don't like the way other names look that could be attached to your dragons? Easy! Only own gen 1's and never breed them. Poof there you go! You never ever again have to worry how some inconsiderate player may play the way they want instead of how you want them to.

There really is a part of me that is starting to wonder if these threads are meant to just troll people... this is like what the 4 millionth?

My goodness.... well this started even more fun than usual.

No support. Not now not ever. Not in a billion years. I can name my dragons whatever I want or not name them or some bizarre combination over its lifetime.

Don't like the way other names look that could be attached to your dragons? Easy! Only own gen 1's and never breed them. Poof there you go! You never ever again have to worry how some inconsiderate player may play the way they want instead of how you want them to.

There really is a part of me that is starting to wonder if these threads are meant to just troll people... this is like what the 4 millionth?

Stuff will one day go here.
Gosh the way the OP worded this horrid suggestion it's obvious it's a troll.
Don't even bother acknowledging them, and if they aren't well they can live in their entitled bubble.

seriously your 'dragons are temporary' ***
Gosh the way the OP worded this horrid suggestion it's obvious it's a troll.
Don't even bother acknowledging them, and if they aren't well they can live in their entitled bubble.

seriously your 'dragons are temporary' ***
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
No support. Usually I try to be more polite than this in my responses on the suggestions forums, even when I'm making a "no support" response, but:

If you'd bothered to check the forums you would have seen this issue has been brought up multiple times already ad nauseam and it whacks the hornet's nest every time, so why you're choosing to do that now just before the holidays and get a bunch of people riled up is beyond me. It is not my job to coddle other people's aesthetic little fee-fees re: offspring lists. If I buy a dragon from you and I never want to name it, that's my prerogative. If I buy a dragon from you and I want to name it JimBobPotato, that's my prerogative. The idea that the seller of a dragon's rights somehow trumps the buyer's is entitled and offensive, it's basically telling me something I bought isn't really mine.

Also as someone who has over 170 permanent dragons, many of whom I've owned for over a year, I really find "your dragons are just temporary" to be insulting.

PS "gender-corresponding" is just a little transphobic, if I have a male pose Ridgeback who's female-gendered in my lore that I name Mary, I shouldn't be forced to name her Bob.

Do not ping me in this thread, thanks.
No support. Usually I try to be more polite than this in my responses on the suggestions forums, even when I'm making a "no support" response, but:

If you'd bothered to check the forums you would have seen this issue has been brought up multiple times already ad nauseam and it whacks the hornet's nest every time, so why you're choosing to do that now just before the holidays and get a bunch of people riled up is beyond me. It is not my job to coddle other people's aesthetic little fee-fees re: offspring lists. If I buy a dragon from you and I never want to name it, that's my prerogative. If I buy a dragon from you and I want to name it JimBobPotato, that's my prerogative. The idea that the seller of a dragon's rights somehow trumps the buyer's is entitled and offensive, it's basically telling me something I bought isn't really mine.

Also as someone who has over 170 permanent dragons, many of whom I've owned for over a year, I really find "your dragons are just temporary" to be insulting.

PS "gender-corresponding" is just a little transphobic, if I have a male pose Ridgeback who's female-gendered in my lore that I name Mary, I shouldn't be forced to name her Bob.

Do not ping me in this thread, thanks.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="Ekon" date="2018-12-22 12:28:06" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-12-22 12:24:57" ] [quote name="Valemora" date="2018-12-22 12:23:17" ] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=552848] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5529/552848_350.png[/img] [/url] Once again The Unnamed One asks to leave his family as is and suggests naming before selling. [/quote] Is it me, or does the Unnamed one get more malevolent looking the more he is posted to these types of threads.... (I don't remember him looking this scary) [/quote] So I'm not the only one seeing this. XD Interesting [/quote] It's not just you. *dies* I <3 the Unnamed one.
Ekon wrote on 2018-12-22 12:28:06:
Jemadar wrote on 2018-12-22 12:24:57:
Valemora wrote on 2018-12-22 12:23:17:

552848_350.png

Once again The Unnamed One asks to leave his family as is and suggests naming before selling.
Is it me, or does the Unnamed one get more malevolent looking the more he is posted to these types of threads.... (I don't remember him looking this scary)

So I'm not the only one seeing this. XD Interesting

It's not just you. *dies*

I <3 the Unnamed one.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="Lagara" date="2018-12-22 12:21:47" ] I don't think I've ever seen "But your dragons are basically temporary. They aren't just yours" argument for this topic before. That's like saying my house is only temporarily mine. I'm not allowed to renovate it or change the outdoor landscaping because I'll eventually sell it one day and the buyer may not like my design choices. [/quote] This is what I thought too, when I saw the suggestion. The notion of 'no dragon is permanent and will eventually move on, so you should not have full control over what to do with them currently' bugs me to no end. Get yourself a G1-only lair and name everything before selling, it'll solve all your problems. Period. Full stop.
Lagara wrote on 2018-12-22 12:21:47:
I don't think I've ever seen "But your dragons are basically temporary. They aren't just yours" argument for this topic before. That's like saying my house is only temporarily mine. I'm not allowed to renovate it or change the outdoor landscaping because I'll eventually sell it one day and the buyer may not like my design choices.

This is what I thought too, when I saw the suggestion. The notion of 'no dragon is permanent and will eventually move on, so you should not have full control over what to do with them currently' bugs me to no end. Get yourself a G1-only lair and name everything before selling, it'll solve all your problems. Period. Full stop.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15