Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Concept] Anniversary Chest
Idea

Basically just thinking that it might be nice to have a small reward once a year on the anniversary date of when you signed up on FR. It wouldn't be anything extreme, but a chest with a few bonus items.

Possible Loot

1 Prismatic Coin
25(?) Roundsey Raffle Tickets
4 "Cupcakes" similar to the 1st Anniversary Cakes
1 Anniversary Vista
Misc. Standard Loot (Sackdolls, Deity Statues, etc.)
Marva Items(?)

Final

I'm not sure whether these chests should be automatically added to your account or if they should be collectible upon logging in on the appropriate date. There's pros and cons to both methods that are largely dependent on how profitable selling/opening the chests might be, and whether or not inactive users should be given equal opportunity as active users (I personally feel they should but that's neither here nor there). If anybody has any additional thoughts or ideas I'd be glad to hear them.
Idea

Basically just thinking that it might be nice to have a small reward once a year on the anniversary date of when you signed up on FR. It wouldn't be anything extreme, but a chest with a few bonus items.

Possible Loot

1 Prismatic Coin
25(?) Roundsey Raffle Tickets
4 "Cupcakes" similar to the 1st Anniversary Cakes
1 Anniversary Vista
Misc. Standard Loot (Sackdolls, Deity Statues, etc.)
Marva Items(?)

Final

I'm not sure whether these chests should be automatically added to your account or if they should be collectible upon logging in on the appropriate date. There's pros and cons to both methods that are largely dependent on how profitable selling/opening the chests might be, and whether or not inactive users should be given equal opportunity as active users (I personally feel they should but that's neither here nor there). If anybody has any additional thoughts or ideas I'd be glad to hear them.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
Support! This is a nice idea. I personally really love when sites do things like this.

I reccommend that the chest be accessible any time after the anniversary date has passed. It always just feels really special to have, at least for me.
Support! This is a nice idea. I personally really love when sites do things like this.

I reccommend that the chest be accessible any time after the anniversary date has passed. It always just feels really special to have, at least for me.
That would be so cute! Maybe have them account locked until opened? That way even inactive accounts can get the chest if they log in later and active people cant be upset it isnt fair.
That would be so cute! Maybe have them account locked until opened? That way even inactive accounts can get the chest if they log in later and active people cant be upset it isnt fair.
They/Them FR+2
This is such a sweet idea, honestly!

I love games who show appreciation for their players - and while I do know Staff do appreciate us all, going the extra way would mean a lot to many, I could imagine!
(Especially because it reminds us too that - surprise - it's personal anniversary time!)
This is such a sweet idea, honestly!

I love games who show appreciation for their players - and while I do know Staff do appreciate us all, going the extra way would mean a lot to many, I could imagine!
(Especially because it reminds us too that - surprise - it's personal anniversary time!)
fr_hatchery_button_small_by_naahva-dch05rf.png
[ Yoshi ]
[ +9h FR time ]
[ ger | eng | jpn ]
[ he / him ]
[ Language Learning Hub ]
naturef1.png
Thanks for the support, everybody! [quote name="Alaia" date="2018-08-01 15:41:38" ] That would be so cute! Maybe have them account locked until opened? That way even inactive accounts can get the chest if they log in later and active people cant be upset it isnt fair. [/quote] This sounds like a good compromise. The alternative probably would've been a chest that disappears after the event like the Strange Chests, but that would just result in lost items. Having the chests account-locked until they're opened though would definitely be preferable; people who want to sell the items in the chests can still turn a profit (especially if they wind up with doubles, such as with the Vista/Marva items), while those who just want to keep the chests for collection purposes or to open several years-worth of chests all at once aren't forced to open chests immediately at risk of losing their rewards.
Thanks for the support, everybody!

Alaia wrote on 2018-08-01 15:41:38:

This sounds like a good compromise. The alternative probably would've been a chest that disappears after the event like the Strange Chests, but that would just result in lost items. Having the chests account-locked until they're opened though would definitely be preferable; people who want to sell the items in the chests can still turn a profit (especially if they wind up with doubles, such as with the Vista/Marva items), while those who just want to keep the chests for collection purposes or to open several years-worth of chests all at once aren't forced to open chests immediately at risk of losing their rewards.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
I love this idea! I just realized that my fifth year anniversary was early last month and I completely missed it because I'm not keeping track. Having a chest show up (maybe with a note in my messages so I won't miss it?) would have reminded me to celebrate. :)
I love this idea! I just realized that my fifth year anniversary was early last month and I completely missed it because I'm not keeping track. Having a chest show up (maybe with a note in my messages so I won't miss it?) would have reminded me to celebrate. :)
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
I love the idea of being rewarded with Roundsey tickets :) it wouldn't be anything huge but it would be fun and give a sweet opportunity. Obviously it would have to be balanced based on how many tickets usually sell and whatnot since there are so many players who have anniversaries around the same time we'd not want to overbalance the people buying tickets, but it would be sweet~
I love the idea of being rewarded with Roundsey tickets :) it wouldn't be anything huge but it would be fun and give a sweet opportunity. Obviously it would have to be balanced based on how many tickets usually sell and whatnot since there are so many players who have anniversaries around the same time we'd not want to overbalance the people buying tickets, but it would be sweet~
cPW6H3E.png