Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Rename Cloud Chaser
1 2
the Cloud Chaser to "Glorious Porpoise."

Tool tip: "Caring for this familiar is not a burden; it is a privilege."

Cloud Chaser

I mean, come on. We have a Golden Porpoise. Why not a Glorious Porpoise as well?

Edited by @JCStitches as site rules prohibit "petitions."
the Cloud Chaser to "Glorious Porpoise."

Tool tip: "Caring for this familiar is not a burden; it is a privilege."

Cloud Chaser

I mean, come on. We have a Golden Porpoise. Why not a Glorious Porpoise as well?

Edited by @JCStitches as site rules prohibit "petitions."
jWAyGvS.jpg
Save Sornieth's Birds
rsz-612abf105149ce0d4a915a64bc527a9d.pngdNi7kr2.jpg 34e440a48f4368b81567270219f7e54142d18a63_128.gif
The Cloud Chaser is already a reference. I don't want another reference to replace it. Why not suggest a new dolphin instead?
The Cloud Chaser is already a reference. I don't want another reference to replace it. Why not suggest a new dolphin instead?
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
Yeah, I'm not sure renaming it is a great idea. I agree with Laluzi that suggesting a new dolphin familiar would be better.
Yeah, I'm not sure renaming it is a great idea. I agree with Laluzi that suggesting a new dolphin familiar would be better.
knhLXgs.png
How about an actual porpoise instead of a dolphin XP
How about an actual porpoise instead of a dolphin XP
I don't get this suggestion. Can someone explain a bit about what "Glorious Porpoise" and the tool tips suggestion is referring too?

As for the Cloud Chaser, it's a reference to Hitchhikers' guide to the Galaxy, as well as its tool tip. A lot of FR items are references to pop culture and I love how it is. I'm not sure why it would be good idea replacing a reference with another (I'm not familiar with the Glorious Porpoise reference though...). I don't mind adding another familiar with that reference but I do not support changing an existing one that isn't problematic.
I don't get this suggestion. Can someone explain a bit about what "Glorious Porpoise" and the tool tips suggestion is referring too?

As for the Cloud Chaser, it's a reference to Hitchhikers' guide to the Galaxy, as well as its tool tip. A lot of FR items are references to pop culture and I love how it is. I'm not sure why it would be good idea replacing a reference with another (I'm not familiar with the Glorious Porpoise reference though...). I don't mind adding another familiar with that reference but I do not support changing an existing one that isn't problematic.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
I hate the idea of renaming familiars in general. The only way to look at the bestiary is via alphabetical order, changing names would make it impossible for me to easily go in and go to the right letter and check what I want to check
I hate the idea of renaming familiars in general. The only way to look at the bestiary is via alphabetical order, changing names would make it impossible for me to easily go in and go to the right letter and check what I want to check
4qcj.png tumblr_inline_njucf1YnRj1r7wjf7.png ~They/Them
~+3 hours FR Time
~Shameless Fan Dragon Lair
~I Love Friend Requests
~Need cheap fodder? Pre-order a nest full! 1 gem down, 3 gems per egg
tumblr_inline_njucf2ZZft1r7wjf7.png tumblr_p6un9pL5QF1utez9io3_100.png
No support.

@primax

Same tbh. I feel like the only familiar that SHOULD be renamed is the Rainbow Sprite
No support.

@primax

Same tbh. I feel like the only familiar that SHOULD be renamed is the Rainbow Sprite
[quote name="@Sopheroo" date="2018-06-24 20:38:18" ] No support. primax Same tbh. I feel like the only familiar that SHOULD be renamed is the Rainbow Sprite [/quote] And truthfully, they could rename that without causing the issue with alphabetical order by keeping rainbow and renaming sprite.
@Sopheroo wrote on 2018-06-24 20:38:18:
No support.

primax

And truthfully, they could rename that without causing the issue with alphabetical order by keeping rainbow and renaming sprite.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support

The cloud chaser is one of my favorite references in the game and I'd be disappointed to see it removed
No support

The cloud chaser is one of my favorite references in the game and I'd be disappointed to see it removed
hatcherysig_by_darthyoda42-dclux4n.png
@hat17 - I think it's a reference to the Avengers movie, where the villain Loki says "I am burdened with glorious purpose".

I like the current reference more, though. :') I think the Glorious Porpoise would be better as a new familiar.
@hat17 - I think it's a reference to the Avengers movie, where the villain Loki says "I am burdened with glorious purpose".

I like the current reference more, though. :') I think the Glorious Porpoise would be better as a new familiar.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
1 2