Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Awakened familiars & bonding rewards.
1 2
Hi there!

So I was thinking about it a while ago. Haven't you ever tried to replace an awakened familiar for a new one and you accidentally selected another awakened one?
Imo, it would be great if awakened familiars had some kind of icon (like a star, crown, idk), indicative or label that marks them as awakened, so you can keep it in mind when choosing them.

On the other hand, it would be awesome if awakened familiars had a purpose and gave different rewards other than 50t, like radomly spawning chests, gems or any other items. That would make awakened familiars worth keeping and fun to bond with. Otherwise they will remain pretty much useless, abandoned and forgotten in the vault, resold or melted in the cauldron.

Thanks for reading.

Do not ping me, I'm subscribed.
Hi there!

So I was thinking about it a while ago. Haven't you ever tried to replace an awakened familiar for a new one and you accidentally selected another awakened one?
Imo, it would be great if awakened familiars had some kind of icon (like a star, crown, idk), indicative or label that marks them as awakened, so you can keep it in mind when choosing them.

On the other hand, it would be awesome if awakened familiars had a purpose and gave different rewards other than 50t, like radomly spawning chests, gems or any other items. That would make awakened familiars worth keeping and fun to bond with. Otherwise they will remain pretty much useless, abandoned and forgotten in the vault, resold or melted in the cauldron.

Thanks for reading.

Do not ping me, I'm subscribed.
CffXOU7.png6jgBlPi.jpegalPnWye.png
I totally agree and actually came to this board to make a thread on this, but was pleasantly surprised to find someone already addressing the issues. I've been religiously bonding with my familiars for the past few months, for the first time since I've been on this site. I have about 5 or 6 awakened familiars now, and I have to say... for ALL that time you put in to awakening them (I believe it's 3 months give or take) it actually feels less like a reward and more like a punishment to own awakened familiars.

Awakened familiars are essentially no longer profitable because they drop no chest and dropping a single gilded one doesn't make up for that. Which is unfortunate because I'm working on getting every one of my dragons an aesthetically matching familiar, which means some time down the road... bonding will be pointless for me because I can't simply replace their familiars. I agree with you, they should drop more than 50t at minimum. I say they could be like the Plundered pile kind of with being able to drop various quantities of gems, treasure, and chests with of course other gilded chests being very rare but possible. Being able to get something from your awakened familiars every day will definitely encourage people to actually use the bonding feature.

I totally agree and actually came to this board to make a thread on this, but was pleasantly surprised to find someone already addressing the issues. I've been religiously bonding with my familiars for the past few months, for the first time since I've been on this site. I have about 5 or 6 awakened familiars now, and I have to say... for ALL that time you put in to awakening them (I believe it's 3 months give or take) it actually feels less like a reward and more like a punishment to own awakened familiars.

Awakened familiars are essentially no longer profitable because they drop no chest and dropping a single gilded one doesn't make up for that. Which is unfortunate because I'm working on getting every one of my dragons an aesthetically matching familiar, which means some time down the road... bonding will be pointless for me because I can't simply replace their familiars. I agree with you, they should drop more than 50t at minimum. I say they could be like the Plundered pile kind of with being able to drop various quantities of gems, treasure, and chests with of course other gilded chests being very rare but possible. Being able to get something from your awakened familiars every day will definitely encourage people to actually use the bonding feature.

bann.png
I agree on both of these points, as well as ChaoticCalamity's comment! I don't have enough familiars yet to pair each of my dragons with one, but when I'll have more than that, I feel like I will have to remove even the most matching awakened ones because it's just not worth it to let them hog the space - nevermind the fact that bonding already feels like a chore to me, and I have to question if I should even bother with them for that 50T per!
I agree on both of these points, as well as ChaoticCalamity's comment! I don't have enough familiars yet to pair each of my dragons with one, but when I'll have more than that, I feel like I will have to remove even the most matching awakened ones because it's just not worth it to let them hog the space - nevermind the fact that bonding already feels like a chore to me, and I have to question if I should even bother with them for that 50T per!
3e94Gpa.png MXmMK3p.png
Ping me to get
my attention in the forums, please!
MXmMK3p.png 4oO1RBo.png
Mmmmm I like the thought of them having a CHANCE per day to give you something in addition to the 50t, and it might be something as nice as a gem or a treasure chest (rarely), but I don't like the idea of them becoming guaranteed generators for this stuff with each click. That'd be too much treasure and too many items into the economy once you have a sizable familiar farms.

Do agree right now the rewards for having an Awakened familiar are lackluster.
Mmmmm I like the thought of them having a CHANCE per day to give you something in addition to the 50t, and it might be something as nice as a gem or a treasure chest (rarely), but I don't like the idea of them becoming guaranteed generators for this stuff with each click. That'd be too much treasure and too many items into the economy once you have a sizable familiar farms.

Do agree right now the rewards for having an Awakened familiar are lackluster.

LTuUX3R.png

everything happens so much
nrPzdF6.png

I'M GONNA DRINK IT LIKE A PERSON
@Plagueheart

That's what I meant, having the chance of giving random rewards as bonus.
If it was granted they would be like a gold mine, probably ending up hurting the economy of the game.

I'm bad at explaining myself.
@Plagueheart

If it was granted they would be like a gold mine, probably ending up hurting the economy of the game.

CffXOU7.png6jgBlPi.jpegalPnWye.png
If the amount* given over time by awakened familiars was comparable to the daily mean of what is received on the way to awakened, then a player might get ≈400,000 treasure a day just bonding with 600 awakened familiars. Right now it's 50 tr per familiar pet day totaling 30,000 treasure when all awakened. If that was doubled and a half, with the current 600 count of familiars, a player could achieve the same amount of treasure as the Fairgrounds cap solely through bonding awakened familiars.

I think the amounts of reward from awakened familiar bonding that would be considered satisfactory to many players would be broken when multiplied by 600 (and more familiars every update).

The only avenue I see for enriching awakened familiar bonding is a specific awakened currency spent for some new set of items. This still runs into problems that anything like this will likely be designed so someone with 10-50 awakened familiars might be able to realistically get rewards soon, but there are players with 600 familiars who will click through their whole zoo.

*Using this guide, assuming 1200 tr per item, hoard sell all items, gems converted to treasure at 850 each
If the amount* given over time by awakened familiars was comparable to the daily mean of what is received on the way to awakened, then a player might get ≈400,000 treasure a day just bonding with 600 awakened familiars. Right now it's 50 tr per familiar pet day totaling 30,000 treasure when all awakened. If that was doubled and a half, with the current 600 count of familiars, a player could achieve the same amount of treasure as the Fairgrounds cap solely through bonding awakened familiars.

I think the amounts of reward from awakened familiar bonding that would be considered satisfactory to many players would be broken when multiplied by 600 (and more familiars every update).

The only avenue I see for enriching awakened familiar bonding is a specific awakened currency spent for some new set of items. This still runs into problems that anything like this will likely be designed so someone with 10-50 awakened familiars might be able to realistically get rewards soon, but there are players with 600 familiars who will click through their whole zoo.

*Using this guide, assuming 1200 tr per item, hoard sell all items, gems converted to treasure at 850 each
[quote name="MisSavage" date="2018-06-20 17:53:03" ] @Plagueheart That's what I meant, having the chance of giving random rewards as bonus. If it was granted they would be like a gold mine, probably ending up hurting the economy of the game. I'm bad at explaining myself. [/quote] That's totally fine then! It was unclear from your original post if it was a chance or like, they'd be dropping a guaranteed item every day. I think 50t, 50t+1g, 50t, 50t, 50t, 50t+a random gathering item, etc would be fine.
MisSavage wrote on 2018-06-20 17:53:03:
@Plagueheart

That's totally fine then! It was unclear from your original post if it was a chance or like, they'd be dropping a guaranteed item every day. I think 50t, 50t+1g, 50t, 50t, 50t, 50t+a random gathering item, etc would be fine.

LTuUX3R.png

everything happens so much
nrPzdF6.png

I'M GONNA DRINK IT LIKE A PERSON
It takes so long to bond familiars to awakened that I feel it wouldn't be too harmful to increase the profit significantly. But I agree randomized is probably better to stop players who DO get there from just being unfathomably rich. But I wouldn't say dropping ANY chest should be rare. Dropping rusted chests maybe a quarter of the time sounds fair.

30k is pretty pathetic a reward when you think about 600 familiars. People should aim to have awakened familiars, not just get them to awakened and then swap them out.
It takes so long to bond familiars to awakened that I feel it wouldn't be too harmful to increase the profit significantly. But I agree randomized is probably better to stop players who DO get there from just being unfathomably rich. But I wouldn't say dropping ANY chest should be rare. Dropping rusted chests maybe a quarter of the time sounds fair.

30k is pretty pathetic a reward when you think about 600 familiars. People should aim to have awakened familiars, not just get them to awakened and then swap them out.
bann.png
Total support for both points in the OP. Came here to make exactly that sort of suggestion. Anything to help inventory manage awakened familiars would be welcome (an autovault option in the inventory for awakened, a way to sort the familiars alphabetically like it is in the bestiary), but a small icon on the screen to equip a familiar would be invaluable.

Total support for both points in the OP. Came here to make exactly that sort of suggestion. Anything to help inventory manage awakened familiars would be welcome (an autovault option in the inventory for awakened, a way to sort the familiars alphabetically like it is in the bestiary), but a small icon on the screen to equip a familiar would be invaluable.

fgp70FI.png
A random reward seems somewhat unfitting for the bonding with a familiar to me. It takes about three month to get to the gilded chest, and most player bond only with the familiars that are with a dragon, the flipping the familiars to bond with all you own is reall tedious, so I would not see the problem for the economy when awakened familiars would continue to give a gilded chest all three month, or even a platinium chest after half a year, just something to work towards it.
A random reward seems somewhat unfitting for the bonding with a familiar to me. It takes about three month to get to the gilded chest, and most player bond only with the familiars that are with a dragon, the flipping the familiars to bond with all you own is reall tedious, so I would not see the problem for the economy when awakened familiars would continue to give a gilded chest all three month, or even a platinium chest after half a year, just something to work towards it.
Down to earth and digging...
1 2