Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Up the elim drop rates
1 2 3 4 5 6
Support!

It should at least be added to all venues and put back in Pinkerton's handouts. I remember getting, like, 5 Eliminates from him as a newbie... and hoard-selling them because I didn't use the Coliseum and figured they were as worthless as other stones. RIP.

If increasing where it drops doesn't help, then a slight boost in the drop rate is needed. There's no good reason for it to be as impossible to get as it is-- I've gotten more eggs and genes than Eliminates from the Coliseum in the last 9 months. (I don't know if I've gotten any Eliminates in the last 9 months, actually...)

(edited because I caught a case of the typos)
Support!

It should at least be added to all venues and put back in Pinkerton's handouts. I remember getting, like, 5 Eliminates from him as a newbie... and hoard-selling them because I didn't use the Coliseum and figured they were as worthless as other stones. RIP.

If increasing where it drops doesn't help, then a slight boost in the drop rate is needed. There's no good reason for it to be as impossible to get as it is-- I've gotten more eggs and genes than Eliminates from the Coliseum in the last 9 months. (I don't know if I've gotten any Eliminates in the last 9 months, actually...)

(edited because I caught a case of the typos)
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2018-06-20 15:09:24" ] You can fight with lower-levelled dragons in their proper venues, excluding the Scorched Forest (which is definitely overpowered for level 7-8s.) It just requires those dragons to have more even builds instead of glass cannon fragility, and it's far slower than anything a level 25 could do. And I find that once you get to maybe Forgotten Cave, fighting with those weaker teams - it feels like one of your dragons is meant to have eliminate. It won't 1hko opponents, even with Rally, but it's a far neater experience when you can hit something and then eliminate with the next dragon in line it as opposed to having to hit every opponent four or five times. The time to defeat an enemy jumps fast beyond Woodland Path, or maybe Sandswept Delta. [/quote] Honestly my favorite way to level up new "keeper" 25s is to take fresh teams of three through venue by venue--and yes, there's DEFINITELY that power shift as eliminate comes online that makes the whole experience smoother. That said you can jam through lower-level venues pretty quickly without eliminate and get some good farming done there, this much is true, and I do want to try out a Sedona dragon now that I'm aware of them to see how that feels. So there's options to work without eliminate. Buuut until someone with a lot of experience in game design can get into the Coliseum and rebalance it so eliminate isn't one of the best stones there is, the fix for the current pain point is probably a higher drop rate OR more places it drops.
Laluzi wrote on 2018-06-20 15:09:24:
You can fight with lower-levelled dragons in their proper venues, excluding the Scorched Forest (which is definitely overpowered for level 7-8s.) It just requires those dragons to have more even builds instead of glass cannon fragility, and it's far slower than anything a level 25 could do.

And I find that once you get to maybe Forgotten Cave, fighting with those weaker teams - it feels like one of your dragons is meant to have eliminate. It won't 1hko opponents, even with Rally, but it's a far neater experience when you can hit something and then eliminate with the next dragon in line it as opposed to having to hit every opponent four or five times. The time to defeat an enemy jumps fast beyond Woodland Path, or maybe Sandswept Delta.
Honestly my favorite way to level up new "keeper" 25s is to take fresh teams of three through venue by venue--and yes, there's DEFINITELY that power shift as eliminate comes online that makes the whole experience smoother.

That said you can jam through lower-level venues pretty quickly without eliminate and get some good farming done there, this much is true, and I do want to try out a Sedona dragon now that I'm aware of them to see how that feels. So there's options to work without eliminate.

Buuut until someone with a lot of experience in game design can get into the Coliseum and rebalance it so eliminate isn't one of the best stones there is, the fix for the current pain point is probably a higher drop rate OR more places it drops.

LTuUX3R.png

everything happens so much
nrPzdF6.png

I'M GONNA DRINK IT LIKE A PERSON
I think it needs to be said: I'm not asking them to become as common as Might stones or Hybrid Fragments. I'm asking them to become MORE common. Such as Berserks and you can argue that Ambushes should be as well.

It doesn't matter in the long run that we don't like how OP the Eliminate is. Or how unbalanced the Mages are. The Coli is the heart and soul of Dominance in this game. You are required basically from the start to have a coli team of some sort - to participate in dom, the festivals, make money, earn enough food to maintain a lair of more than 1 page.

When the game was young there was a limited number of players and so the drop rates and ratios where properly balanced. Now the game is 5 years old with open registration. There are new players coming in all the time. The first thing they're told is "Hey! Don't exalt your progens you'll regret it. Have some free dragons. You'll need some level 25s as quickly as possible so you can participate in this month's festival. Here's some helpful guides." We've gotten new venues to the coli to try and make it more interesting, people have come up with coli builds that mean you can fodder train in more locations -- including Golem Workshop. But they ALL require you to have Eliminate. Possibly Eliminate, Ralley and Sap. Also EQUALLY Hard to get. Rally though has a higher drop rate than Eliminate and you can buy Sap in the marketplace so they are ACCESSIBLE.

What i'm asking for is that they look at the drop rates of Eliminate so it is ACCESSIBLE to more people than those who either already have a coli team, have the money to purchase one, or have the time to grind like its a job. If that's done by putting them in EVERY Venue or by bringing their drop up a Percentage. Or putting them back in Pinkerton I'll be happy. Because I don't have the coli grinding time, the money, or the sheer luck to have been able to stone all my dragons. I've leveled mages - Farmers - Glass cannons - A rooster - A ghost buster is level 24. I have leveled dragons from 1 to 25 rolling through every venue. Even started (about a 3rd of the way through it) one of those 99 stack challenges...spent 3 weeks in woodland path due to the droprate of the item and time) and have no eliminates to speak of. So the Drop rate needs to be balanced.

And they're more likely to balance Eliminates drop rate than give us, new stones or rebalance entire elemental flights.
I think it needs to be said: I'm not asking them to become as common as Might stones or Hybrid Fragments. I'm asking them to become MORE common. Such as Berserks and you can argue that Ambushes should be as well.

It doesn't matter in the long run that we don't like how OP the Eliminate is. Or how unbalanced the Mages are. The Coli is the heart and soul of Dominance in this game. You are required basically from the start to have a coli team of some sort - to participate in dom, the festivals, make money, earn enough food to maintain a lair of more than 1 page.

When the game was young there was a limited number of players and so the drop rates and ratios where properly balanced. Now the game is 5 years old with open registration. There are new players coming in all the time. The first thing they're told is "Hey! Don't exalt your progens you'll regret it. Have some free dragons. You'll need some level 25s as quickly as possible so you can participate in this month's festival. Here's some helpful guides." We've gotten new venues to the coli to try and make it more interesting, people have come up with coli builds that mean you can fodder train in more locations -- including Golem Workshop. But they ALL require you to have Eliminate. Possibly Eliminate, Ralley and Sap. Also EQUALLY Hard to get. Rally though has a higher drop rate than Eliminate and you can buy Sap in the marketplace so they are ACCESSIBLE.

What i'm asking for is that they look at the drop rates of Eliminate so it is ACCESSIBLE to more people than those who either already have a coli team, have the money to purchase one, or have the time to grind like its a job. If that's done by putting them in EVERY Venue or by bringing their drop up a Percentage. Or putting them back in Pinkerton I'll be happy. Because I don't have the coli grinding time, the money, or the sheer luck to have been able to stone all my dragons. I've leveled mages - Farmers - Glass cannons - A rooster - A ghost buster is level 24. I have leveled dragons from 1 to 25 rolling through every venue. Even started (about a 3rd of the way through it) one of those 99 stack challenges...spent 3 weeks in woodland path due to the droprate of the item and time) and have no eliminates to speak of. So the Drop rate needs to be balanced.

And they're more likely to balance Eliminates drop rate than give us, new stones or rebalance entire elemental flights.
lumos_noxsig.png
Elim drop rate used to be super high in the arena, way back in 2014. They then diversified the enemies (thus lowering the drop rate there) and then adding new venues with lower drop rates than that arena baseline, including some that don't drop it. With it came raised prices. i'm serious about the prices. here's a quote from me, [i]a month after i joined[/i], in may 2014. granted, i tended to grind for hours at a time while watching anime then, but still. [quote]I have 31 spare eliminates. Willing to sell them for 2.5k apiece to any Arcane that asks.[/quote] I remember I had a stack of them before giving them away a couple years ago. From farming the arena. Please, at least change the drop rate to similar to that of 2014 arena.
Elim drop rate used to be super high in the arena, way back in 2014. They then diversified the enemies (thus lowering the drop rate there) and then adding new venues with lower drop rates than that arena baseline, including some that don't drop it.

With it came raised prices.

i'm serious about the prices. here's a quote from me, a month after i joined, in may 2014. granted, i tended to grind for hours at a time while watching anime then, but still.
Quote:
I have 31 spare eliminates. Willing to sell them for 2.5k apiece to any Arcane that asks.

I remember I had a stack of them before giving them away a couple years ago. From farming the arena. Please, at least change the drop rate to similar to that of 2014 arena.
Always and voiciferously support.

I do see point in noting rebalancing the coli system would likely be difficult, but then again I'm no programmer and plans for the future have not been revealed. If anything having the pinkerton, crystal pools, and mire drop should help somewhat. But an upping of the drop rate to drop down the prices to make it more accessible for everyone would be nice as well.
Always and voiciferously support.

I do see point in noting rebalancing the coli system would likely be difficult, but then again I'm no programmer and plans for the future have not been revealed. If anything having the pinkerton, crystal pools, and mire drop should help somewhat. But an upping of the drop rate to drop down the prices to make it more accessible for everyone would be nice as well.
SsDRJ6t.pngdbR6FAo.pngYohjRio.pngfL0umpy.png
Support
Support
?V8783=party.pngbB2Em.gifjsHaP.gif
Support. Sure, they should be valuable and uncommon, but the ridiculous rising prices are WAY too much.

Personally I have enough level 25 dragons and hoarded Eliminates that I'm only benefiting from this, but I don't like seeing how much new people have to struggle to get them.
Support. Sure, they should be valuable and uncommon, but the ridiculous rising prices are WAY too much.

Personally I have enough level 25 dragons and hoarded Eliminates that I'm only benefiting from this, but I don't like seeing how much new people have to struggle to get them.
Support. Eliminate is necessary for the fastest/most efficient Coli builds and while I don't think it should be super common, it also shouldn't cost more than a user-made skin (and prices are still rising).
Support. Eliminate is necessary for the fastest/most efficient Coli builds and while I don't think it should be super common, it also shouldn't cost more than a user-made skin (and prices are still rising).
Even after three years, the only eliminate I've ever gotten was from Pinkerton (I hadn't realized that you could no longer get them from him - and I've been trying RIP)

I mean, the price has just skyrocketed in the AH in the last two years and it's SO hard to get one now - you either save forever to buy overpriced in the AH or you pray and sacrifice goats and get lucky in the Coli (I guess I need some goats).

Another possible fix/aid (while I agree with the increased drop rates and pinkerton... and ALL VENUES, dangit) is have it occasionally stock in, like, the gem marketplace.
Even after three years, the only eliminate I've ever gotten was from Pinkerton (I hadn't realized that you could no longer get them from him - and I've been trying RIP)

I mean, the price has just skyrocketed in the AH in the last two years and it's SO hard to get one now - you either save forever to buy overpriced in the AH or you pray and sacrifice goats and get lucky in the Coli (I guess I need some goats).

Another possible fix/aid (while I agree with the increased drop rates and pinkerton... and ALL VENUES, dangit) is have it occasionally stock in, like, the gem marketplace.
[quote name="@Laluzi" date="2018-06-20 12:10:27" ] Okay, I suppose I conflated need with want, but it doesn't change that [b]the optimum grinding method from Scorched Forest to Rainsong Jungle is a triple-elim team[/b], and that all venues above that usually want at least two (with the exception of fodder flying builds.) [/quote] Personally, I disagree with that. I have more than a dozen Eliminate-capable dragons of various builds, and no matter the venue, I never put more than one of them on a team. If it's a dragon's turn and they don't have enough breath to use their Eliminate, it's a wasted turn and wasted time. I'd rather focus on keeping only [b]one[/b] dragon's breath up. The dragons I pair her with in Rainsong on down can absorb/heal damage if need be for boss fights, but since they're slower and don't have ambushes, in most ordinary battles, they don't get turns at all, which is how I like it. For KB/GW, it's a hitter, a mage, and a fodder. While I wouldn't mind if they raise the droprate or make it available in the Mire, I think it's more of a problem that most newbies don't realize: 1. You [b]do[/b] only need one Eliminate (plus Rally/etc)-capable dragon for the proven, most efficient moneymaking build. Once you've got that MF trainer, you can earn enough for as many more Elims and alternate builds as you want, 2. You can probably buy a fully stoned and trained dragon for the same as the Elim itself, if not less, and 3. In order to earn that treasure in the first place, not to mention get experience in the coli so you know what to do with your dragon once you have it, you need look no further than your flight's free lending programs. [b]These[/b] are the things we should be telling people, not 'Just grind with your Eliminate-less dragons until you get three to drop'.
@Laluzi wrote on 2018-06-20 12:10:27:
Okay, I suppose I conflated need with want, but it doesn't change that the optimum grinding method from Scorched Forest to Rainsong Jungle is a triple-elim team, and that all venues above that usually want at least two (with the exception of fodder flying builds.)
Personally, I disagree with that. I have more than a dozen Eliminate-capable dragons of various builds, and no matter the venue, I never put more than one of them on a team.

If it's a dragon's turn and they don't have enough breath to use their Eliminate, it's a wasted turn and wasted time. I'd rather focus on keeping only one dragon's breath up. The dragons I pair her with in Rainsong on down can absorb/heal damage if need be for boss fights, but since they're slower and don't have ambushes, in most ordinary battles, they don't get turns at all, which is how I like it.

For KB/GW, it's a hitter, a mage, and a fodder.

While I wouldn't mind if they raise the droprate or make it available in the Mire, I think it's more of a problem that most newbies don't realize:

1. You do only need one Eliminate (plus Rally/etc)-capable dragon for the proven, most efficient moneymaking build. Once you've got that ** trainer, you can earn enough for as many more Elims and alternate builds as you want,

2. You can probably buy a fully stoned and trained dragon for the same as the Elim itself, if not less, and

3. In order to earn that treasure in the first place, not to mention get experience in the coli so you know what to do with your dragon once you have it, you need look no further than your flight's free lending programs.

These are the things we should be telling people, not 'Just grind with your Eliminate-less dragons until you get three to drop'.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
1 2 3 4 5 6