Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 111 112
SUPPORT SO MUCH.

I brewed vials but never used any because the odds stunk. But this idea would make me consider adding new eye types to some of my dragons.
SUPPORT SO MUCH.

I brewed vials but never used any because the odds stunk. But this idea would make me consider adding new eye types to some of my dragons.
t88jSp8.png oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png FIND A DRAGON FORUM: If I make you an offer, please ping me either way! I would rather be told no than left hanging! Thank you! tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
@denryu
November........ that's okay tho, I'll keep it in mind!

And OOF, I can feel your pain. But hey, look at it on the bright side, you at least have breeding projects, imagine if you were trying to get a G1 or a 6-digit. adfgfgh good lucc with your projects, hope you get some good eyes and that the Staff implements something like this in the near future
@denryu
November........ that's okay tho, I'll keep it in mind!

And OOF, I can feel your pain. But hey, look at it on the bright side, you at least have breeding projects, imagine if you were trying to get a G1 or a 6-digit. adfgfgh good lucc with your projects, hope you get some good eyes and that the Staff implements something like this in the near future
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
OH RIGHT, changed the potential price and slightly lowered the level of Multi-Gaze as suggested
OH RIGHT, changed the potential price and slightly lowered the level of Multi-Gaze as suggested
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
I support this and I think it seems fair. The only issue would be people who did a lot of grinding and spent a LOT of scrolls to get their dragons to have the proper eyes, and now it being available relatively easier (even if still difficult to get). But personally, I think this is a pretty good idea and that would be the only problem I could see with it.
I support this and I think it seems fair. The only issue would be people who did a lot of grinding and spent a LOT of scrolls to get their dragons to have the proper eyes, and now it being available relatively easier (even if still difficult to get). But personally, I think this is a pretty good idea and that would be the only problem I could see with it.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
No support.

Thats what the scattersight vial is for. The staff insisted on retiring this item to keep those eye types semi rare and a percentage not a gauruntee. Making a vial for pretty much all of the eyes makes scattersights virtually useless.

I support revert to normal but not for the current eyes to all have their own vial.. seems stupid to me to make them a random chance eye then to have all easily obtained.
No support.

Thats what the scattersight vial is for. The staff insisted on retiring this item to keep those eye types semi rare and a percentage not a gauruntee. Making a vial for pretty much all of the eyes makes scattersights virtually useless.

I support revert to normal but not for the current eyes to all have their own vial.. seems stupid to me to make them a random chance eye then to have all easily obtained.
jfLmvwf.jpg
Support. I love this! I'd suggest a different item for the Swipp trade though, something slightly more obtainable. I've been on FR for four years and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen that many Mantises pop up in Gathering (and I do more Insect Catching than anything else) xD So something a little less obscenely rare, but a lot more of them, like 200? 500? Something like that. Seems more workable to me, anyways. Something that still has a potential of taking a lot of time and work, but not literal years and years. Gathering only, of course (though imagine if it took the 200+ rare food, a rare familiar, and a third rare item.). I almost wanted to suggest a boss familiar for the familiar instead but there aren't any insect boss familiars rip. Just the ones that drop flies.

But yeah, I still support either way. As someone with a maxed lair, who is not getting rid of any of my dragons at this point, parts of the event really disappointed me. Like... yeah, nice for it being breeding only after three days. Tell me, how the heck am I supposed to get them through breeding if I have absolutely no room? I shouldn't have to exalt dragons for that (it also would have been nice if we had gotten some more lair expansions with the update considering how it affects the site, or at least some news on space, oof. I'm not counting the storage, that isn't really new space, especially since the space in that might depend on the size of the lair itself.), and the odds were heavily weighed against us, which was also ridiculous. I'd love more ways to get them for my existing dragons, since it'd work so well for some of them, instead of having to rely on a game of heavily weighted chance, with an item limited in quantity.

Yes, I'm very miffed that they implemented it like this, excluding a lot of the userbase for an anniversary event (not to mention that they nearly didn't implement the vials smh. Way to go, glad they changed their minds on that.), so I'm hoping they'll change their minds slightly on that, seeing how many users dislike the change as a whole, and this is a well thought out idea!

I mean, I don't see the problem in it, letting older dragons also have their chances at it (even if it's lore-related it's not like they couldn't have written it to mention that older dragons eyes are changing out of nowhere. It would make sense, with all the elemental stuff happening.), especially since they don't pass down in breeding? They're always going to be rare and hard to get through breeding, regardless of the eyes the parent dragons have.
Support. I love this! I'd suggest a different item for the Swipp trade though, something slightly more obtainable. I've been on FR for four years and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen that many Mantises pop up in Gathering (and I do more Insect Catching than anything else) xD So something a little less obscenely rare, but a lot more of them, like 200? 500? Something like that. Seems more workable to me, anyways. Something that still has a potential of taking a lot of time and work, but not literal years and years. Gathering only, of course (though imagine if it took the 200+ rare food, a rare familiar, and a third rare item.). I almost wanted to suggest a boss familiar for the familiar instead but there aren't any insect boss familiars rip. Just the ones that drop flies.

But yeah, I still support either way. As someone with a maxed lair, who is not getting rid of any of my dragons at this point, parts of the event really disappointed me. Like... yeah, nice for it being breeding only after three days. Tell me, how the heck am I supposed to get them through breeding if I have absolutely no room? I shouldn't have to exalt dragons for that (it also would have been nice if we had gotten some more lair expansions with the update considering how it affects the site, or at least some news on space, oof. I'm not counting the storage, that isn't really new space, especially since the space in that might depend on the size of the lair itself.), and the odds were heavily weighed against us, which was also ridiculous. I'd love more ways to get them for my existing dragons, since it'd work so well for some of them, instead of having to rely on a game of heavily weighted chance, with an item limited in quantity.

Yes, I'm very miffed that they implemented it like this, excluding a lot of the userbase for an anniversary event (not to mention that they nearly didn't implement the vials smh. Way to go, glad they changed their minds on that.), so I'm hoping they'll change their minds slightly on that, seeing how many users dislike the change as a whole, and this is a well thought out idea!

I mean, I don't see the problem in it, letting older dragons also have their chances at it (even if it's lore-related it's not like they couldn't have written it to mention that older dragons eyes are changing out of nowhere. It would make sense, with all the elemental stuff happening.), especially since they don't pass down in breeding? They're always going to be rare and hard to get through breeding, regardless of the eyes the parent dragons have.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
@/veiledoverdose
AH YES, that's exactly what I was thinking about, those mantises are extremely hard to find so I think it would be better if it was something else not that insanely hard to obtain.
Believe me, you're completely right. Like 80% of the active userbase was heavily impacted by this update and is unhappy, a change like this would be fair in my opinion.

@/smoothy
And hmmmm, not really, Scattersight Vials would still have their purpose and obtaining them wouldn't be in vain because they would still be used for getting different eye types on existing dragons. As I already stated, Scattersight Vials would remain important in primarily changing the eyes of existing dragons to Uncommon/Unusual/Rare, but also having the chance to roll rarer eye types. However, it wasn't stated anywhere that those new various vials would be even near to being easily obtained. The requirements for these vials would be incredibly expensive and hard to obtain, and Primal drops would be extremely rare, not changing the worth of the Scattersight Vial and not becoming cheap in the AH. If anything, it would make the materials a lot more expensive, renting Baldwin brews would be more sought after and the entire economy would get a boost. The element, sex and colours (unless a scatterscroll is used) are not changable, which gives players a challenge already, especially if the dragon is a G1 or an oldie. It's only fair to give players at least some sort control over a major feature like this. Most importantly, Scatterscrolls were never retired, they can be bought any time, but scattersight vials were, so there's a huge difference between one and the other. We're not asking the Staff to hand us the scrolls, we're asking the Staff to give us some fair goal to work towards, it would still be a hard journey but it would be beneficial. Having a major RNG-based feature like this and the item allowing us to change it being limited in quantity and avaiable only for three days is what is "stupid" unfair.
@/veiledoverdose
AH YES, that's exactly what I was thinking about, those mantises are extremely hard to find so I think it would be better if it was something else not that insanely hard to obtain.
Believe me, you're completely right. Like 80% of the active userbase was heavily impacted by this update and is unhappy, a change like this would be fair in my opinion.

@/smoothy
And hmmmm, not really, Scattersight Vials would still have their purpose and obtaining them wouldn't be in vain because they would still be used for getting different eye types on existing dragons. As I already stated, Scattersight Vials would remain important in primarily changing the eyes of existing dragons to Uncommon/Unusual/Rare, but also having the chance to roll rarer eye types. However, it wasn't stated anywhere that those new various vials would be even near to being easily obtained. The requirements for these vials would be incredibly expensive and hard to obtain, and Primal drops would be extremely rare, not changing the worth of the Scattersight Vial and not becoming cheap in the AH. If anything, it would make the materials a lot more expensive, renting Baldwin brews would be more sought after and the entire economy would get a boost. The element, sex and colours (unless a scatterscroll is used) are not changable, which gives players a challenge already, especially if the dragon is a G1 or an oldie. It's only fair to give players at least some sort control over a major feature like this. Most importantly, Scatterscrolls were never retired, they can be bought any time, but scattersight vials were, so there's a huge difference between one and the other. We're not asking the Staff to hand us the scrolls, we're asking the Staff to give us some fair goal to work towards, it would still be a hard journey but it would be beneficial. Having a major RNG-based feature like this and the item allowing us to change it being limited in quantity and avaiable only for three days is what is "stupid" unfair.
ASDJGKDF @johan thank you so much you beautiful person ♥
And SAME. I maxed out my cauldron in less than a week after the highest level was released.
ASDJGKDF @johan thank you so much you beautiful person ♥
And SAME. I maxed out my cauldron in less than a week after the highest level was released.
I fully support this! The ideas are all very reasonable, and I don't see any problems in this.
I fully support this! The ideas are all very reasonable, and I don't see any problems in this.
opcExsG.png
hfVoK22.png
1YB0OjO.png
aGrPq.gif
zfV3rxA.png
a69iToJ.png
rUoKR6y.png
4cafd385-2845-11e7-a327-257e8bae1a33.gif apUeZZ4.png
FObX7rS.png
Yg0l6jE.png
zPVR9KS.png
Support to all of this! FR revolves around customization and making dragons you like, so I'm all for better customization abilities.

I really want to have a G1 with Fire Primal, but the odds with Scattersights are so horribly abysmal that it's not even worth trying. ;__; A guaranteed way to get the new eye types on a dragon would be awesome! It'd also take the stress off of people who want one of the new eyes on a breeding project dragon. Trying to get a Coatl with Primal eyes could be excruciating with that 0.5% chance + 35-day cooldown.

I also really like the suggestion for a "Classic" eye type! So many of my dragons just look wrong with the new eyes. Between the drastic changes to lineart and shading (all breeds except Coatls lost their iris and/or pupil lines, plus 90% of shading), the hue changes, and Tundras/PCs losing their white sclera, I'm incredibly distressed that I can't fix any of it. :(

Sure, there's a "chance for everyone to hatch something special", but... The new eyes are cool. People are gonna want them on their sentimental favorite dragons, G1s, or progens. You can't just "breed for a new one" when a dragon means a lot to you and/or is a G1/progen! :( And you can't hatch or scatter back to the old eyes, either.

I hope the admins will implement these suggestions someday!
Support to all of this! FR revolves around customization and making dragons you like, so I'm all for better customization abilities.

I really want to have a G1 with Fire Primal, but the odds with Scattersights are so horribly abysmal that it's not even worth trying. ;__; A guaranteed way to get the new eye types on a dragon would be awesome! It'd also take the stress off of people who want one of the new eyes on a breeding project dragon. Trying to get a Coatl with Primal eyes could be excruciating with that 0.5% chance + 35-day cooldown.

I also really like the suggestion for a "Classic" eye type! So many of my dragons just look wrong with the new eyes. Between the drastic changes to lineart and shading (all breeds except Coatls lost their iris and/or pupil lines, plus 90% of shading), the hue changes, and Tundras/PCs losing their white sclera, I'm incredibly distressed that I can't fix any of it. :(

Sure, there's a "chance for everyone to hatch something special", but... The new eyes are cool. People are gonna want them on their sentimental favorite dragons, G1s, or progens. You can't just "breed for a new one" when a dragon means a lot to you and/or is a G1/progen! :( And you can't hatch or scatter back to the old eyes, either.

I hope the admins will implement these suggestions someday!
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 111 112