Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Legacy eye type
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 57 58
Full support.
Light eyes just aren’t as magical anymore. :(
Full support.
Light eyes just aren’t as magical anymore. :(
Salt
I will note—

While "legacy eyes" are still not a priority for me in terms of eye options (if anything, I'd prefer a mass revert, rather than trying to make that distinction!), I have to admit that the sheer number of people who support this does force me to reevaluate my stance.

I mean, truth be told, I can't tell the difference, but even the staff's stated goal of homogenizing the eye colors doesn't seem to have succeeded, given that my plague coatl and plague noc have notably different shades of red eyes.
I will note—

While "legacy eyes" are still not a priority for me in terms of eye options (if anything, I'd prefer a mass revert, rather than trying to make that distinction!), I have to admit that the sheer number of people who support this does force me to reevaluate my stance.

I mean, truth be told, I can't tell the difference, but even the staff's stated goal of homogenizing the eye colors doesn't seem to have succeeded, given that my plague coatl and plague noc have notably different shades of red eyes.
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
@Tuberose - That's... a really big difference in Plague Common eyes, wow. I had no idea Plague Nocturnes' eyes were so bright compared to other breeds! Skimming my own lair, I've noticed some differences between my Plagues as well... My Pearlcatcher girl has very dark eyes, when they used to be more similar to my Guardian's bright eyes: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31389114] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/313892/31389114_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10487625] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/104877/10487625_350.png[/img] [/url] It's unusual that they would change the colours, shading, and lineart for the old eyes for "consistency" when the new Common eyes appear to be even less consistent.
@Tuberose - That's... a really big difference in Plague Common eyes, wow. I had no idea Plague Nocturnes' eyes were so bright compared to other breeds! Skimming my own lair, I've noticed some differences between my Plagues as well... My Pearlcatcher girl has very dark eyes, when they used to be more similar to my Guardian's bright eyes:

31389114_350.png

10487625_350.png

It's unusual that they would change the colours, shading, and lineart for the old eyes for "consistency" when the new Common eyes appear to be even less consistent.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Support!! This sounds reasonable. I think that 'non standardized coloration across breeds' can create problems (such as multi-gaze?) This is likely. and [quote name="Ningyo" date="2018-06-13 08:52:54" ] If an unlimited-use vial is unfeasible, maybe a 10k-15k Treasure vial in the Marketplace? Affordable and accessible, like the "Remove Gene" scrolls. I mean, I'd still buy a 100g/100kT "Legacy vial" item, but I would definitely not be happy about it, especially since nobody asked for or actively wanted the old eyes to change in the first place. :'/ edit: A low-level brew item would be fine as well! We could use more "interesting" low-level items at Baldwin's. [/quote] ...maybe this problem is solved by giving Legacy eye item as much as now you have dragons?
Support!!
This sounds reasonable.

I think that 'non standardized coloration across breeds' can create problems (such as multi-gaze?)
This is likely.

and
Ningyo wrote on 2018-06-13 08:52:54:
If an unlimited-use vial is unfeasible, maybe a 10k-15k Treasure vial in the Marketplace? Affordable and accessible, like the "Remove Gene" scrolls.

I mean, I'd still buy a 100g/100kT "Legacy vial" item, but I would definitely not be happy about it, especially since nobody asked for or actively wanted the old eyes to change in the first place. :'/

edit: A low-level brew item would be fine as well! We could use more "interesting" low-level items at Baldwin's.
...maybe this problem is solved by giving Legacy eye item as much as now you have dragons?
The problem with coli drops, low-level Baldwin brews, or direct giveaways would be, I think, that the admins would want to discourage use of these eyes. Despite how many of us disagree, they feel the new eyes are better, and want to see them on as many dragons as possible going forward.

Therefore, they really wouldn't want to bring them to the forefront of the minds of currently-uninterested players, and particularly not new players who join the site after the update.

While I still think it would be kind of them to allow use of legacy eyes for those of us that want them (my female Bogsneak would really like her pupils back, please), a method that requires us to jump through a few hoops might be a better compromise.
The problem with coli drops, low-level Baldwin brews, or direct giveaways would be, I think, that the admins would want to discourage use of these eyes. Despite how many of us disagree, they feel the new eyes are better, and want to see them on as many dragons as possible going forward.

Therefore, they really wouldn't want to bring them to the forefront of the minds of currently-uninterested players, and particularly not new players who join the site after the update.

While I still think it would be kind of them to allow use of legacy eyes for those of us that want them (my female Bogsneak would really like her pupils back, please), a method that requires us to jump through a few hoops might be a better compromise.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Yeah, I really doubt that we'd just get these eyes for free (or essentially free). :'0 Staff doesn't usually just hand stuff like that out anyway.

I think a Treasure MP item or a mid-level Baldwin item is the most likely, if we do get this item at all. At the very least, I hope they fix the shading, sclera, and lineart issues-- I'm unhappy with the colour updates, but I could probably live with it if my dragons kept their shading, irises/pupils, and white sclera.
Yeah, I really doubt that we'd just get these eyes for free (or essentially free). :'0 Staff doesn't usually just hand stuff like that out anyway.

I think a Treasure MP item or a mid-level Baldwin item is the most likely, if we do get this item at all. At the very least, I hope they fix the shading, sclera, and lineart issues-- I'm unhappy with the colour updates, but I could probably live with it if my dragons kept their shading, irises/pupils, and white sclera.
gem.png +4h FR time
The 'revert to common' item was recently released. Still hoping for a legacy eye vial... something, anything to get my dragons back to having pupils, scleras, and the hues I bred/bought them for =(
The 'revert to common' item was recently released. Still hoping for a legacy eye vial... something, anything to get my dragons back to having pupils, scleras, and the hues I bred/bought them for =(
ccDyspX.png
I just want them to get rid of these new ones altogether. They’re hideous.
If staff love them THAT much, they can add them in as another “natural” eye type, so at least people could get rid of them again with the common eye vial.

I have not seen a single person who has said ANYTHING positive about these changes. They need to realize that they’re going to start losing loyal players if they don’t switch it back, and fast.
I just got rid of a dragon that I had put a lot of money into because her new unfortunate eyes clashed horribly with her colours and apparel. I can’t stand even looking in my lair anymore.
I just want them to get rid of these new ones altogether. They’re hideous.
If staff love them THAT much, they can add them in as another “natural” eye type, so at least people could get rid of them again with the common eye vial.

I have not seen a single person who has said ANYTHING positive about these changes. They need to realize that they’re going to start losing loyal players if they don’t switch it back, and fast.
I just got rid of a dragon that I had put a lot of money into because her new unfortunate eyes clashed horribly with her colours and apparel. I can’t stand even looking in my lair anymore.
Salt
@Alight - I've seen... I think 2 or 3 people say they enjoy the new Common eyes? And a couple of people say "I like them on some of my dragons, but most of them look weird now", which isn't entirely positive feedback. Some people barely even notice the change at all, and consequently wouldn't care if the default eyes weren't updated.

That pales in comparison to the amount of people I've seen complaining about the changes, though. Changing the default eyes was such a ?????? decision. :'V
@Alight - I've seen... I think 2 or 3 people say they enjoy the new Common eyes? And a couple of people say "I like them on some of my dragons, but most of them look weird now", which isn't entirely positive feedback. Some people barely even notice the change at all, and consequently wouldn't care if the default eyes weren't updated.

That pales in comparison to the amount of people I've seen complaining about the changes, though. Changing the default eyes was such a ?????? decision. :'V
gem.png +4h FR time
[quote]Some people barely even notice the change at all, and consequently wouldn't care if the default eyes weren't updated.[/quote] I'm one of these people. I don't notice too great of changes on most of my dragons. And I haven't tried scrying my existing dragons with a variety of eyes because I don't want to fall in love with something and be at the mercy of the retired vials. So if common became legacy, I wouldn't cause drama. However, people probably would. That's why a legacy vial is the best solution. Allow players to get the eyes they want: new common, old legacy, and even re-cycle the vials so we can gamble to our hearts content for facet, primal and multi.
Quote:
Some people barely even notice the change at all, and consequently wouldn't care if the default eyes weren't updated.

I'm one of these people. I don't notice too great of changes on most of my dragons. And I haven't tried scrying my existing dragons with a variety of eyes because I don't want to fall in love with something and be at the mercy of the retired vials. So if common became legacy, I wouldn't cause drama.

However, people probably would. That's why a legacy vial is the best solution. Allow players to get the eyes they want: new common, old legacy, and even re-cycle the vials so we can gamble to our hearts content for facet, primal and multi.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 57 58