Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Legacy eye type
1 2 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 57 58
@OfDagon - The user @/idlewildly has a Google doc here that can take a Scrying Workshop URL and generate a scry URL with the original dragon eye artwork, so I think the old art is still in the system somewhere! Hopefully, anyway.
@OfDagon - The user @/idlewildly has a Google doc here that can take a Scrying Workshop URL and generate a scry URL with the original dragon eye artwork, so I think the old art is still in the system somewhere! Hopefully, anyway.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
It's true no one asked for eyes to be uniform. IMHO, they shouldn't be. Some dragons naturally have pupils of different shapes, some don't have pupils at all. Some have big eyes, some have little eyes. Some species have sclera and some don't. So it makes sense that elemental hues would be different too amid dragons depending on the biology of each species' eyes.

And while we're talking about things no one asked for, a minor deviation...I've noticed most breeds have a wide range of hues with iridescent and shimmer. Nocturnes have different colors than faes who are different from guardians who are different from pearlcatchers. And I love it that way! Don't change iridescent and shimmer to be "uniform" like you did with the eyes please.
It's true no one asked for eyes to be uniform. IMHO, they shouldn't be. Some dragons naturally have pupils of different shapes, some don't have pupils at all. Some have big eyes, some have little eyes. Some species have sclera and some don't. So it makes sense that elemental hues would be different too amid dragons depending on the biology of each species' eyes.

And while we're talking about things no one asked for, a minor deviation...I've noticed most breeds have a wide range of hues with iridescent and shimmer. Nocturnes have different colors than faes who are different from guardians who are different from pearlcatchers. And I love it that way! Don't change iridescent and shimmer to be "uniform" like you did with the eyes please.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[color=indigo] I like the intricacies of iridescent and shimmer as well. In particular, the old colours are a lot gentler than the new ones (compare Shadow to Blackberry). [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=12&bodygene=1&breed=4&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=25&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=12&auth=8c8dd709b94a763ec603ab168f9fe85a563dc6dc&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=127&bodygene=1&breed=4&element=7&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=24&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=127&auth=1ed534a5d6b5084831ed00d8780e0d31ead0b2b3&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [color=indigo] I like the old look better, as the new one is too shiny and similar to metallic/alloy for my tastes and I like the gentler effect. I would definitely be angry if this was standardized too and all the old colours were "corrected" to have the new style of iri/shim. This would ruin many years' worth of dragons for me. I feel the same way about the eyes, the little intricacies such as the spiral's gradient or pearlcatcher's white sclera helped make each breed feel unique. Standardizing them was unnecessary, in my opinion, but since the staff deemed it necessary for the new update, I just wish that we could have a way to get them back.
I like the intricacies of iridescent and shimmer as well. In particular, the old colours are a lot gentler than the new ones (compare Shadow to Blackberry).

dragon?age=1&body=12&bodygene=1&breed=4&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=25&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=12&auth=8c8dd709b94a763ec603ab168f9fe85a563dc6dc&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=127&bodygene=1&breed=4&element=7&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=24&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=127&auth=1ed534a5d6b5084831ed00d8780e0d31ead0b2b3&dummyext=prev.png

I like the old look better, as the new one is too shiny and similar to metallic/alloy for my tastes and I like the gentler effect. I would definitely be angry if this was standardized too and all the old colours were "corrected" to have the new style of iri/shim. This would ruin many years' worth of dragons for me.

I feel the same way about the eyes, the little intricacies such as the spiral's gradient or pearlcatcher's white sclera helped make each breed feel unique. Standardizing them was unnecessary, in my opinion, but since the staff deemed it necessary for the new update, I just wish that we could have a way to get them back.
jCVhFoZ.gif
@Zhukov - The super bright shininess of new-CWE Iri/Shim (like Blackberry) is actually a bug! They’re all supposed to have the “softer” shading, like the Shadow scry you posted, but the shading opacity is wrong on the new colours. Staff said they were aware of it and would fix it back in June 2016, but no updates yet. :’(

But back on the eyes: I don’t really understand why they needed to be standardized either. ;; I can see new tints needing a standard template so that they look the same on all breeds, sure, but why did the old Common have to get scrapped?

The standardization wouldn’t bother me nearly as much if we at least had a way to get the old eyes back. :c And since the old eye art still exists, it should be totally doable to put the original eyes back in as a vial option. I’m still hanging onto the possibility that they’ll be back again one day...
@Zhukov - The super bright shininess of new-CWE Iri/Shim (like Blackberry) is actually a bug! They’re all supposed to have the “softer” shading, like the Shadow scry you posted, but the shading opacity is wrong on the new colours. Staff said they were aware of it and would fix it back in June 2016, but no updates yet. :’(

But back on the eyes: I don’t really understand why they needed to be standardized either. ;; I can see new tints needing a standard template so that they look the same on all breeds, sure, but why did the old Common have to get scrapped?

The standardization wouldn’t bother me nearly as much if we at least had a way to get the old eyes back. :c And since the old eye art still exists, it should be totally doable to put the original eyes back in as a vial option. I’m still hanging onto the possibility that they’ll be back again one day...
gem.png +4h FR time
Maybe they'll be back for the anniversary. It would suck to have to wait a full year to get that fixed, but since it's only 3 months away now, we can wait for 3 months to get legacy eyes (and cycling scattervials). Please staff? We really do want to enjoy this update on all our existing dragons.
Maybe they'll be back for the anniversary. It would suck to have to wait a full year to get that fixed, but since it's only 3 months away now, we can wait for 3 months to get legacy eyes (and cycling scattervials). Please staff? We really do want to enjoy this update on all our existing dragons.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Yeah seriously, if we don't hear anything about any of the various disasters that the eyepocalypse caused before the next anniversary, I will be very disappointed.
Yeah seriously, if we don't hear anything about any of the various disasters that the eyepocalypse caused before the next anniversary, I will be very disappointed.
jCVhFoZ.gif
Plus this gives the staff time to prepare--even those this suggestion could be easily implemented. As far as I know, it would only need the item thumbnail's art.
Plus this gives the staff time to prepare--even those this suggestion could be easily implemented. As far as I know, it would only need the item thumbnail's art.
Pings are disabled.

I don’t mind if I have to wait until this year’s anniversary. If they need time to prepare and work out coding, that’s fine! Maybe it isn’t as simple as it seems.

I’ll wait as long as it takes; I just want my dragons to be able to go back to looking like how I bought, bred, and worked hard for them to look. :( I still can’t get over how weird PC eyes look now, the loss of white sclera on Tundras, the loss of Nocturne pupils, the flatness of Spiral eyes, and how Guardians’ eyes look like soulless beans.

The eye update could be so perfect with just a few little tweaks. I really, really hope that we get Legacy eyes this year.
I don’t mind if I have to wait until this year’s anniversary. If they need time to prepare and work out coding, that’s fine! Maybe it isn’t as simple as it seems.

I’ll wait as long as it takes; I just want my dragons to be able to go back to looking like how I bought, bred, and worked hard for them to look. :( I still can’t get over how weird PC eyes look now, the loss of white sclera on Tundras, the loss of Nocturne pupils, the flatness of Spiral eyes, and how Guardians’ eyes look like soulless beans.

The eye update could be so perfect with just a few little tweaks. I really, really hope that we get Legacy eyes this year.
gem.png +4h FR time
This is still important, especially with the anniversary coming up. A full year of complete silence on this issue isn't exactly encouraging in regards to the future of this site.
This is still important, especially with the anniversary coming up. A full year of complete silence on this issue isn't exactly encouraging in regards to the future of this site.
BEPjgXW.png
Seriously. If the staff doesn't want legacy eyes, they could just say no. That would end the conversation. Sure, it would definitely suck, but it beats not hearing anything at all for a year and feeling like we're being ignored. :/
Seriously. If the staff doesn't want legacy eyes, they could just say no. That would end the conversation. Sure, it would definitely suck, but it beats not hearing anything at all for a year and feeling like we're being ignored. :/
jCVhFoZ.gif
1 2 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 57 58