Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Halo apparel? Element themed?
1 2 3
We've got cherub and seraph gene, and different kinds of angelic looking skins and accents
but why do we not have halos?
Imagine the new lore that arises from the inspiration halos can bring! aa

I've seen some threads about this before, but they sorta died out so bringing it back .

I'm not just thinking about Light Halos, glorified little shining things, but how about halos designed to be different for every element?
Like a plague halo, maybe bloodied (but not crossing the gore rule ofc, but I mean, we have sandune rags it wouldn't be that different) or cracked at the edges? Just some plague characteristics.

Perhaps Shadow would have a thorned halo? And Arcane a little floating galaxy above their heads? Planets i dunno, something typical Arcane.
Wind could have everything from a swirling circle of clouds to a makeshift bamboo halo! Think of the possibilities!!

They'd be easy to add in with other kinds of apparel as well, since they'd be above a normal headpiece!

A solution for every clan prophet/oracle/priest out there who doesn't quite know how to signal with only their apparel that they're prophets *-*

I know the site isn't supposed to be politics nor religiously centered, but I mean, we do have cherub and seraph. I don't think halos are stepping over those boundaries tbh, or what do you think?

Any opinions on halos?

Edit:

!! As an added comment because this thread sort of just left the first page after a while
but holy
The elemental themed halos are actually happening!! ;a; I firmly believe that Light got a halo based on light eyes, also mean that any other holiday will have primal eye-matching halos as well
or at least I hope so!!

This brightshine is the best brightshine!!

We've got cherub and seraph gene, and different kinds of angelic looking skins and accents
but why do we not have halos?
Imagine the new lore that arises from the inspiration halos can bring! aa

I've seen some threads about this before, but they sorta died out so bringing it back .

I'm not just thinking about Light Halos, glorified little shining things, but how about halos designed to be different for every element?
Like a plague halo, maybe bloodied (but not crossing the gore rule ofc, but I mean, we have sandune rags it wouldn't be that different) or cracked at the edges? Just some plague characteristics.

Perhaps Shadow would have a thorned halo? And Arcane a little floating galaxy above their heads? Planets i dunno, something typical Arcane.
Wind could have everything from a swirling circle of clouds to a makeshift bamboo halo! Think of the possibilities!!

They'd be easy to add in with other kinds of apparel as well, since they'd be above a normal headpiece!

A solution for every clan prophet/oracle/priest out there who doesn't quite know how to signal with only their apparel that they're prophets *-*

I know the site isn't supposed to be politics nor religiously centered, but I mean, we do have cherub and seraph. I don't think halos are stepping over those boundaries tbh, or what do you think?

Any opinions on halos?

Edit:

!! As an added comment because this thread sort of just left the first page after a while
but holy
The elemental themed halos are actually happening!! ;a; I firmly believe that Light got a halo based on light eyes, also mean that any other holiday will have primal eye-matching halos as well
or at least I hope so!!

This brightshine is the best brightshine!!

P8PTesm.png
remembers that we could've had halos instead of the crowns

Support I could use some plague halos for a lot of my dragons lol
remembers that we could've had halos instead of the crowns

Support I could use some plague halos for a lot of my dragons lol
28932619_ol7.gif ...
tyrian | she/her | +3
tumblr | toyhouse | fandragons
I support this idea 110%! So far we've only had the possibility to give our dragons halos by the use of skins and accents, but those are of course placed on perhaps the wings, and are sometimes finicky to not cover up with apparel which you really want your dragon to have. Not to mention that it's not doable on every breed.
A detail that could be really cool for halo apparel to have, apart from Flight oriented, unique designs - maybe they could add a transparent light/glow effect on the part of the dragon which is closest to the halo? For example, the Plague halo could glow with a dark red light. I think this could make for some interesting outfit layering. On the other hand, a glow could also clash with other head apparel pieces, so it's not a necessary detail.

Anyhow, like I was saying. I really support this idea, and the possibilities for very unique looking, rad designs, are plentiful. Seeing this implemented in some way would be super cool. *-* I'm picturing a Lightning halo made out of thunder, and maybe a Light halo which is very shiny and pure.
I support this idea 110%! So far we've only had the possibility to give our dragons halos by the use of skins and accents, but those are of course placed on perhaps the wings, and are sometimes finicky to not cover up with apparel which you really want your dragon to have. Not to mention that it's not doable on every breed.
A detail that could be really cool for halo apparel to have, apart from Flight oriented, unique designs - maybe they could add a transparent light/glow effect on the part of the dragon which is closest to the halo? For example, the Plague halo could glow with a dark red light. I think this could make for some interesting outfit layering. On the other hand, a glow could also clash with other head apparel pieces, so it's not a necessary detail.

Anyhow, like I was saying. I really support this idea, and the possibilities for very unique looking, rad designs, are plentiful. Seeing this implemented in some way would be super cool. *-* I'm picturing a Lightning halo made out of thunder, and maybe a Light halo which is very shiny and pure.
P0QFcvZ.png
Yes pls, I support this idea! Like woah, that would be so awesome *heart eyes emoji* >.<
Yes pls, I support this idea! Like woah, that would be so awesome *heart eyes emoji* >.<
uycbjTY.png
@Vulpess

I agree aa, it's a bit difficult with the accents and skins, though they look great for some dragons.
The glow would be really rad Indeed! If it could be added to not just the head without apparel, but as part of the piece so it'd glow up whatever apparel was closest too. Let's say if the dragon also had another headpiece, it'd cast a faint glow on it! *-*
Yes thunder halo fits really well, and perhaps some molten lava for fire? There's a lot of possibilities for this!
@Vulpess

I agree aa, it's a bit difficult with the accents and skins, though they look great for some dragons.
The glow would be really rad Indeed! If it could be added to not just the head without apparel, but as part of the piece so it'd glow up whatever apparel was closest too. Let's say if the dragon also had another headpiece, it'd cast a faint glow on it! *-*
Yes thunder halo fits really well, and perhaps some molten lava for fire? There's a lot of possibilities for this!
P8PTesm.png
@Shoz

Yes - if that would be something they could pull off, I bet it would look super cool. *-*
@Shoz

Yes - if that would be something they could pull off, I bet it would look super cool. *-*
P0QFcvZ.png
Oo, I like the sound of that. 100% support here! x)
Oo, I like the sound of that. 100% support here! x)
i love this idea! i also really like the idea of there being multiple color options so it isnt just the typical golden halo. i think element-themed halos would be great, as long as they're available to people regardless of element (so arcane dragons aren't stuck with only being able to wear arcane-themed halos, etc).
i love this idea! i also really like the idea of there being multiple color options so it isnt just the typical golden halo. i think element-themed halos would be great, as long as they're available to people regardless of element (so arcane dragons aren't stuck with only being able to wear arcane-themed halos, etc).
bucky :: he/him :: +3 fr time :: fantasy john cena

PiPXAsD.png
@buckyybarnes

Of course! Themed but available to everyone! Just thought it'd be better to have the choice between a typical Light-looking halo and other alternatives, so the halos wouldn't be restricted tp bright shiny things. Not everyone is into that aesthetic after all
@buckyybarnes

Of course! Themed but available to everyone! Just thought it'd be better to have the choice between a typical Light-looking halo and other alternatives, so the halos wouldn't be restricted tp bright shiny things. Not everyone is into that aesthetic after all
P8PTesm.png
I'd love halos for possible angel dragons
I'd love halos for possible angel dragons
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
1 2 3