Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Option to "like" or comment on drag
1 2
I love looking through other people's dragons and finding unique ones with cool lore and wish I could give a like or kudos or something to them on the profile rather than commenting on the whole lair's profile.

I'd also like to be able to look back on the liked dragons to see if lore or genes have changed or even have an easy way to check up on certain hatchlings you've sold.

Just a thought because I see so many pretties that I wish there was a like button but I'm too shy to tell the person via comment and I just think it'd be nice to show lair owners how many people see and like their dragons.
I love looking through other people's dragons and finding unique ones with cool lore and wish I could give a like or kudos or something to them on the profile rather than commenting on the whole lair's profile.

I'd also like to be able to look back on the liked dragons to see if lore or genes have changed or even have an easy way to check up on certain hatchlings you've sold.

Just a thought because I see so many pretties that I wish there was a like button but I'm too shy to tell the person via comment and I just think it'd be nice to show lair owners how many people see and like their dragons.
LddyQeY.png
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png 2nNPLga.giftumblr_inline_nbe8e2NZyN1qg78ij.png
As long as a player can completely opt out of having their dragons liked or commented on I have nothing against this.
As long as a player can completely opt out of having their dragons liked or commented on I have nothing against this.
Yea i can understand that, i can understand not wanting dragons commented on. I didn't consider it for likes tho :0

Just out of curiosity any reason why for disabling a like function? (Sorry maybe im just not seeing others' pov's on this :,0
Yea i can understand that, i can understand not wanting dragons commented on. I didn't consider it for likes tho :0

Just out of curiosity any reason why for disabling a like function? (Sorry maybe im just not seeing others' pov's on this :,0
LddyQeY.png
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png 2nNPLga.giftumblr_inline_nbe8e2NZyN1qg78ij.png
@honeycombprince

Some people don't want to be bothered with notifications for likes, others would prefer to have a 'I like this dragon because' instead of a 'like' and others wouldn't want to get likes for things like fodder dragons etc.. I have also had people on facebook go through my pictures, after I friended them for a game, and like every single one. Imagine some players doing that for 200 dragons.

I personally feel that a like system, which I do support, would need restrictions:

1. Likes are only visible to the person who owns the dragon.

2. LIkes are wiped upon the dragon being traded/sold (or otherwise leaving the lair)

3. The ability to either opt the entire lair out of likes or individual dragons

There might be a couple of other things but I can't think of them now. I feel that these should be restrictions because I really don't want to see selling dragons come down to a popularity contest: Two people own identical brothers/sisters, but one has a huge following off/on site while the other has a much smaller group of friends. I don't think it would be really fair for the person who can get a huge number of people to 'like' a dragon, whether or not they personally like it, to be able to inflate the price, while the other who has a much more limited group can't.

I also don't want to see a ton of posts about 'like my dragons!' or 'My dragon is better than yours because it has more likes' (I have seen that sentiment on Facebook with their like system).

Edit: Also, I would prefer to not have individual dragon comments as that could clutter up the server. Each user can have up to 200 dragons, and that would then be 201 places for users to keep 'clean' if they want as well as mods to have to moderate.

Also, where would the comments go? Some players have extensive bios which would push comments WAY down the page, while putting it above the bio could push the bio way down the page.

I have thought that it might be nice to have a dragon comment page, where there is a button on the dragon's page that takes you to another page. You can then make the comment and it would be posted there with an image of the dragon you commented on, as well as your avatar and name. The user who owns the comment would have the usual options to delete/hide/report the comment.

There could also be a second 'page' to show users their own comments on other people's dragons.
@honeycombprince

Some people don't want to be bothered with notifications for likes, others would prefer to have a 'I like this dragon because' instead of a 'like' and others wouldn't want to get likes for things like fodder dragons etc.. I have also had people on facebook go through my pictures, after I friended them for a game, and like every single one. Imagine some players doing that for 200 dragons.

I personally feel that a like system, which I do support, would need restrictions:

1. Likes are only visible to the person who owns the dragon.

2. LIkes are wiped upon the dragon being traded/sold (or otherwise leaving the lair)

3. The ability to either opt the entire lair out of likes or individual dragons

There might be a couple of other things but I can't think of them now. I feel that these should be restrictions because I really don't want to see selling dragons come down to a popularity contest: Two people own identical brothers/sisters, but one has a huge following off/on site while the other has a much smaller group of friends. I don't think it would be really fair for the person who can get a huge number of people to 'like' a dragon, whether or not they personally like it, to be able to inflate the price, while the other who has a much more limited group can't.

I also don't want to see a ton of posts about 'like my dragons!' or 'My dragon is better than yours because it has more likes' (I have seen that sentiment on Facebook with their like system).

Edit: Also, I would prefer to not have individual dragon comments as that could clutter up the server. Each user can have up to 200 dragons, and that would then be 201 places for users to keep 'clean' if they want as well as mods to have to moderate.

Also, where would the comments go? Some players have extensive bios which would push comments WAY down the page, while putting it above the bio could push the bio way down the page.

I have thought that it might be nice to have a dragon comment page, where there is a button on the dragon's page that takes you to another page. You can then make the comment and it would be posted there with an image of the dragon you commented on, as well as your avatar and name. The user who owns the comment would have the usual options to delete/hide/report the comment.

There could also be a second 'page' to show users their own comments on other people's dragons.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
oooh ok, Didn't realize how much this could effect. Totally understandable! Thank you for your input!
oooh ok, Didn't realize how much this could effect. Totally understandable! Thank you for your input!
LddyQeY.png
I want some form of FR "like" system. http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1073073&p=mb

People say "just leave a comment or PM." But that is more of a hassle.
"Hey, I like your dragons...oh crap, forget their names, flip back to that tab. Oh, the first one is Unnamed--gee, half the dragons in this lair are Unnamed. Flip back to that dragon, copy and paste the ID number. And I like your other dragons...flip back to that tab, click through the lair again, find the next dragon's name...Oh yeah, but please don't reply to me or say "thank you" or send a random friend request because I'm not really looking to start a conversation here."

I'm sure for some people that don't mind, but for introverts or those with social anxiety, that aforementioned kind of PM is a turn-off. People honestly don't get how much of a hurdle PMing a compliment is to somehow who is shy or otherwise. I don't want to start chatting with random people just to compliment a dragon. As a result, if I like your dragon you will never know. However, if we had an on-site "like" feature, I would totally go through lairs and "like" away. As it is now, there's not a lot of motivation for me to browse other people's lairs.

Yes, there is a currently a Facebook "like" button and a Twitter "tweet" button, but not everyone uses these social media and many people who do don't want to connect their Facebook accounts to their FR accounts and vice versa. For example, they don't want people to find their IRL information by connecting FR to Facebook or they don't want to bog their Facebook page down with a hundred dragons.

I understand people's concerns about "likes" becoming a popularity contest and influencing sales. For that reason, I think "likes" should be reset upon sale or trade. Heck, I wouldn't even mind if FR didn't keep a running count of "likes" at all--for me, "likes" would just be passing on a compliment, and once that alert is read and deleted, if it isn't saved anywhere on site, it wouldn't bother me.

However, FR could also keep "likes" totally private. But it would be a nice feature if dragons you "liked" were kept on a list somewhere so you could go back to get gene ideas, clothing ideas, or just re-read a good biography. Again, this list would be private. It would be nice, but not necessary for the suggestion.

I also understand people's concerns about threads begging for likes. However, if FR kept no running count of likes, that would solve most of this problem. FR could also make "like begging" against the rules. Just because some people would abuse a feature is no reason to not include it--any feature has potential for abuse, after all.

Others have said they don't want people to like their dragons. I wouldn't mind if this feature were optional. In fact, I feel a lot of the communication on this site should be disable-able including pings, PMs, profile comments, Crossroad requests, and friend requests. But those are other suggestions.
I want some form of FR "like" system. http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1073073&p=mb

People say "just leave a comment or PM." But that is more of a hassle.
"Hey, I like your dragons...oh crap, forget their names, flip back to that tab. Oh, the first one is Unnamed--gee, half the dragons in this lair are Unnamed. Flip back to that dragon, copy and paste the ID number. And I like your other dragons...flip back to that tab, click through the lair again, find the next dragon's name...Oh yeah, but please don't reply to me or say "thank you" or send a random friend request because I'm not really looking to start a conversation here."

I'm sure for some people that don't mind, but for introverts or those with social anxiety, that aforementioned kind of PM is a turn-off. People honestly don't get how much of a hurdle PMing a compliment is to somehow who is shy or otherwise. I don't want to start chatting with random people just to compliment a dragon. As a result, if I like your dragon you will never know. However, if we had an on-site "like" feature, I would totally go through lairs and "like" away. As it is now, there's not a lot of motivation for me to browse other people's lairs.

Yes, there is a currently a Facebook "like" button and a Twitter "tweet" button, but not everyone uses these social media and many people who do don't want to connect their Facebook accounts to their FR accounts and vice versa. For example, they don't want people to find their IRL information by connecting FR to Facebook or they don't want to bog their Facebook page down with a hundred dragons.

I understand people's concerns about "likes" becoming a popularity contest and influencing sales. For that reason, I think "likes" should be reset upon sale or trade. Heck, I wouldn't even mind if FR didn't keep a running count of "likes" at all--for me, "likes" would just be passing on a compliment, and once that alert is read and deleted, if it isn't saved anywhere on site, it wouldn't bother me.

However, FR could also keep "likes" totally private. But it would be a nice feature if dragons you "liked" were kept on a list somewhere so you could go back to get gene ideas, clothing ideas, or just re-read a good biography. Again, this list would be private. It would be nice, but not necessary for the suggestion.

I also understand people's concerns about threads begging for likes. However, if FR kept no running count of likes, that would solve most of this problem. FR could also make "like begging" against the rules. Just because some people would abuse a feature is no reason to not include it--any feature has potential for abuse, after all.

Others have said they don't want people to like their dragons. I wouldn't mind if this feature were optional. In fact, I feel a lot of the communication on this site should be disable-able including pings, PMs, profile comments, Crossroad requests, and friend requests. But those are other suggestions.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
support! private dragon conversation more convinient
support! private dragon conversation more convinient
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
This sounds like it would be fun. I've considered putting people's compliments from forum threads into my dragons' bios, so having a way for people to directly write on my dragon pages would be even better.
This sounds like it would be fun. I've considered putting people's compliments from forum threads into my dragons' bios, so having a way for people to directly write on my dragon pages would be even better.
There kind of already is a way to comment. It's the lair comment section. I've had people do just that and done that a few times myself. I don't see a reason for an added comment section.

While I find the idea of 'likes' without comments to be kind of a waste of time, if it were implemented, I agree that it should be visible only to the owner of the dragon and clear itself if the dragon leaves that lair. Ambivilent support.
There kind of already is a way to comment. It's the lair comment section. I've had people do just that and done that a few times myself. I don't see a reason for an added comment section.

While I find the idea of 'likes' without comments to be kind of a waste of time, if it were implemented, I agree that it should be visible only to the owner of the dragon and clear itself if the dragon leaves that lair. Ambivilent support.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
I've been wishing for this since I joined, it bothers me that the only like option is through facebook(ugh its 2018 come on) and all the additions to the idea here are really good! Full support :D
I've been wishing for this since I joined, it bothers me that the only like option is through facebook(ugh its 2018 come on) and all the additions to the idea here are really good! Full support :D
PDNmiBP.png
RORY
PING ME TO GET MY ATTENTION

q9EEy5M.pngczjozDN.png
e7lpONG.pngTlmcw5e.png
4ogWlJU.pngKRcB6uC.png
EXGoTHI.png
1 2