Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | The Bear Crisis
1 2 3 4 5
Nah no support. Bears are elemental familiars that could be traded during festivals, and the recolor bears are recolors of the elemental bears just like the 1st year sprites and recolor sprites. They fits perfectly to the Joxar's stand. I don't see how adding them to the joxar's stand means "all future NOTN crap will be added as well", the staff never implied anything like that. This is a bear poll, not notn item poll. ------ BTW, I don't think it is made clear that the bears are going IN the skin/accent pool, or are they getting their own pool? [quote name="Undel" date=2017-11-20 21:00:11] If we do Joxar, all of the bears will go into the bonus-chance pool like a skin. [/quote]
Nah no support.
Bears are elemental familiars that could be traded during festivals, and the recolor bears are recolors of the elemental bears just like the 1st year sprites and recolor sprites. They fits perfectly to the Joxar's stand. I don't see how adding them to the joxar's stand means "all future NOTN crap will be added as well", the staff never implied anything like that. This is a bear poll, not notn item poll.

BTW, I don't think it is made clear that the bears are going IN the skin/accent pool, or are they getting their own pool?
Undel wrote on 2017-11-20:
If we do Joxar, all of the bears will go into the bonus-chance pool like a skin.
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
I also need to add that the cost of the bears atm is higher than that of goblins. They cost 20-200g, while goblins are as low as 10g. People were so zealous trying to get rid of them and melting them that there actually aren't any sundial imposters (and possibly some others) on the AH at all.
I also need to add that the cost of the bears atm is higher than that of goblins. They cost 20-200g, while goblins are as low as 10g. People were so zealous trying to get rid of them and melting them that there actually aren't any sundial imposters (and possibly some others) on the AH at all.
[quote name="Valemora" date=2017-11-21 07:45:48] I also need to add that the cost of the bears atm is higher than that of goblins. They cost 20-200g, while goblins are as low as 10g. People were so zealous trying to get rid of them and melting them that there actually aren't any sundial imposters (and possibly some others) on the AH at all. [/quote] This is exactly why I don't see the big deal with bears... With how notn AND the boxes work you are bound to get items you allready have (if you don't just started out) - and the longer you play and collect stuff the more ofthen you will get stuff you allready have and don't want anymore. Thing is they made it possible to get rid of items that cycle like that so that if you are on the oppinion that you have too many of a thing you can sell/gift or melt it away (besides skins which are only sell and giftable). They don't need to be super rare - I often see this claim for some reason. Are the emblems we get for every festival super rare? No there are exactly as many as there are users who want them - same with the bears and other items.
Valemora wrote on 2017-11-21:

This is exactly why I don't see the big deal with bears... With how notn AND the boxes work you are bound to get items you allready have (if you don't just started out) - and the longer you play and collect stuff the more ofthen you will get stuff you allready have and don't want anymore.

Thing is they made it possible to get rid of items that cycle like that so that if you are on the oppinion that you have too many of a thing you can sell/gift or melt it away (besides skins which are only sell and giftable).

They don't need to be super rare - I often see this claim for some reason. Are the emblems we get for every festival super rare? No there are exactly as many as there are users who want them - same with the bears and other items.
It's frustrating to see more cheap items added to the bonus pool, since bonus items are part of what you're buying with your 80K. It reduces the expected value of a box that is already not worth the treasure sink price.

What I don't get is why staff doesn't just wait a while to reintroduce the bears to Joxar, and periodically cycle items in and out of its pool like they do with rare Swipp familiars. "Every item will recycle" =/= "every item will always and predictably be available."
It's frustrating to see more cheap items added to the bonus pool, since bonus items are part of what you're buying with your 80K. It reduces the expected value of a box that is already not worth the treasure sink price.

What I don't get is why staff doesn't just wait a while to reintroduce the bears to Joxar, and periodically cycle items in and out of its pool like they do with rare Swipp familiars. "Every item will recycle" =/= "every item will always and predictably be available."
[quote name="Ismaiel" date=2017-11-21 07:51:09] This is exactly why I don't see the big deal with bears... With how notn AND the boxes work you are bound to get items you allready have (if you don't just started out) - and the longer you play and collect stuff the more ofthen you will get stuff you allready have and don't want anymore. [/quote] Yeah, exactly. Actually, funny enough I have more spare [i]sprites [/i] than bears XD Sure, some people still have pages of them, but they can be melted or given to newbies or sold, just like any other spare familiar. There are more players that have full set of goblins than those who have full set of bears, and tbh I don't open Joxar chests at all because I'm 100% sure I have all the items that are there. I don't get why people are ok with getting a spare goblin but would hate to get a spare bear when goblins are just as hard to sell and they can't even be transmuted.
Ismaiel wrote on 2017-11-21:
This is exactly why I don't see the big deal with bears... With how notn AND the boxes work you are bound to get items you allready have (if you don't just started out) - and the longer you play and collect stuff the more ofthen you will get stuff you allready have and don't want anymore.
Yeah, exactly. Actually, funny enough I have more spare sprites than bears XD Sure, some people still have pages of them, but they can be melted or given to newbies or sold, just like any other spare familiar. There are more players that have full set of goblins than those who have full set of bears, and tbh I don't open Joxar chests at all because I'm 100% sure I have all the items that are there. I don't get why people are ok with getting a spare goblin but would hate to get a spare bear when goblins are just as hard to sell and they can't even be transmuted.
[quote name="raydelblau" date=2017-11-21 08:05:02] What I don't get is why staff doesn't just wait a while to reintroduce the bears to Joxar, and periodically cycle items in and out of its pool like they do with rare Swipp familiars. "Every item will recycle" =/= "every item will always and predictably be available." [/quote] They do, though? It was said that they'll add them only in June 2018, which is more than half a year from now. So in June we'll have more than a dozen of reg windows' worth of people who never had a chance to get a bear from NoN or festival, while only a small handful won't have a Nature familiar from this cycle. Most of the fest skins are cheap, and skins are practically impossible to sell - I tried to sell my collection once, it was a total pain even though those were actually retired, not cycled. Not sure what is worse, get a familiar that I can turn into muck if it doesn't sell, or a skin that I could be selling for months without any bites and there's nothing else I could do with it.
raydelblau wrote on 2017-11-21:
They do, though? It was said that they'll add them only in June 2018, which is more than half a year from now. So in June we'll have more than a dozen of reg windows' worth of people who never had a chance to get a bear from NoN or festival, while only a small handful won't have a Nature familiar from this cycle.

Most of the fest skins are cheap, and skins are practically impossible to sell - I tried to sell my collection once, it was a total pain even though those were actually retired, not cycled. Not sure what is worse, get a familiar that I can turn into muck if it doesn't sell, or a skin that I could be selling for months without any bites and there's nothing else I could do with it.
[quote name="Valemora" date=2017-11-21 08:14:07] [quote name="raydelblau" date=2017-11-21 08:05:02] What I don't get is why staff doesn't just wait a while to reintroduce the bears to Joxar, and periodically cycle items in and out of its pool like they do with rare Swipp familiars. "Every item will recycle" =/= "every item will always and predictably be available." [/quote] They do, though? It was said that they'll add them only in June 2018, which is more than half a year from now. So in June we'll have more than a dozen of reg windows' worth of people who never had a chance to get a bear from NoN or festival, while only a small handful won't have a Nature familiar from this cycle. Most of the fest skins are cheap, and skins are practically impossible to sell - I tried to sell my collection once, it was a total pain even though those were actually retired, not cycled. Not sure what is worse, get a familiar that I can turn into muck if it doesn't sell, or a skin that I could be selling for months without any bites and there's nothing else I could do with it. [/quote] @Valemora The scale I had in mind was a year at minimum, not ~6 months, but point taken. They'll still be available on a regular basis thereafter, which, as evidenced in your post, isn't exactly helping the skins either. Easy solution: Permit these items to be melted or otherwise destroyed. Harder solution: Model Joxar's Box after Swipp's Swap, and cycle items through it in a variable-ratio schedule. Also, please ping me if you're going to quote me! Otherwise I may miss your reply.
Valemora wrote on 2017-11-21:
raydelblau wrote on 2017-11-21:
They do, though? It was said that they'll add them only in June 2018, which is more than half a year from now. So in June we'll have more than a dozen of reg windows' worth of people who never had a chance to get a bear from NoN or festival, while only a small handful won't have a Nature familiar from this cycle.

Most of the fest skins are cheap, and skins are practically impossible to sell - I tried to sell my collection once, it was a total pain even though those were actually retired, not cycled. Not sure what is worse, get a familiar that I can turn into muck if it doesn't sell, or a skin that I could be selling for months without any bites and there's nothing else I could do with it.
@Valemora
The scale I had in mind was a year at minimum, not ~6 months, but point taken. They'll still be available on a regular basis thereafter, which, as evidenced in your post, isn't exactly helping the skins either.

Easy solution: Permit these items to be melted or otherwise destroyed.
Harder solution: Model Joxar's Box after Swipp's Swap, and cycle items through it in a variable-ratio schedule.

Also, please ping me if you're going to quote me! Otherwise I may miss your reply.
@raydelblau

They are allready meltable though.
@raydelblau

They are allready meltable though.
@Ismaiel
I was referring to all festival items, not just the bears.
@Ismaiel
I was referring to all festival items, not just the bears.
@raydelblau

Um.. why? Do we have too many sprites? I could accent all cycling stuff. But all festival stuff seems kind of weird.
@raydelblau

Um.. why? Do we have too many sprites? I could accent all cycling stuff. But all festival stuff seems kind of weird.
1 2 3 4 5