Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Festival Games
It would be fun to have games to play during the festival that use festival currency. I feel that this might make festival currency more valuable, since more people will want to spend it, but it might give others more interest in the festivals themselves. I know a lot of people just grind/brew currency (I do too), but some may not want to do that or maybe they just have a surplus of currency that they'd like to use. [b]Games[/b] What game types can we have? This is a festival so they could be similar to carnival games. Other types of games could be added though, it is really up to the design team. [LIST] [*]A wheel to spin and get prizes [*]Dart throwing game (player pops balloons in a certain amount of time [*][url=https://media.salon.com/2013/06/shutterstock_10951271-1280x960.jpg]Skee ball[/url] [*]Slots (or something similar) [*]Dragon color guessing game (Scrying workshop, but the drop downs are for guessing. (I know stained would be a huge issue and the dragons would have to at least have one tert gene aside from basic or stained, but there are ways around it I’m sure) [/LIST]There can easily be more varied games, they don't have to be carnival related. Example: Players can spend 5 festival currency to spin the wheel for the chance to win a prize. The amount of times a player could spin the wheel could be limited. Staff would have to decide. Prize Examples: [LIST] [*]One Unhatched Egg (of the current flight festival. Meaning Flameforgers could only have Unhatched Fire Eggs) This would be a small chance, less than 5%? [*]Materials that are related to the current flight festival. Runestones, puppets, deity statues etc. [*]10k - 20k treasure [*]50 current festival currency [*]Current festival chests/skins [*]Small prizes like 5k treasure or a Rusted Treasure Chest [/LIST] As a small side not this doesn't even have to be a wheel it could be maybe a lever a dragon pulls and you get a random prize. [b]Unique prizes from games could be:[/b] [LIST] [*]Recolors of jester apparel (I know it was originally gem, but recolors don’t have to be?) [*]Apparel that is jester related. Maybe a jester staff. [*]Balloon Apparel! [*]Vistas [*]Familiars [*]Festival Crackers *Idea belongs to [b]arourallis[/b] [quote]A party cracker could be an interesting mini-chest, containing maybe 1-5 fest currency and a paper hat apparel item, all relative to the fest. There has been some vocal opinions about folks being tired of the vistas taking up the 'small apparel' slot for another year, and I'd have to say I agree. Alternatives (or additions) to the crowns could be party-bead necklaces or bracelets, something simple and easy to format for all the dragons. [/quote] [/LIST][b]Prizes would not retire[/b] and would be available during the next flight festival. Staff could also decide to cycle items out. [b]What about Joaxr's Spare Inventory Items?[/b] [center][item=Spare Inventory Crate][item=Prismatic Token][/center] These items should remain unique and should only be acquired through their original means. [LIST] [*]Spare Inventory Crates should [b]NOT[/b] be available from [b]ANY[/b] games. [*]Prismatic Tokens should [b]NOT[/b] be available from [b]ANY[/b] games. [*]Items from Joxar's Spare Inventory should [b]NOT[/b] be available from [b]ANY[/b] games [/LIST] [b]Would the Festival Games be available during NotN?[/b] No, since that isn't a regular festival. [b]-This is a work in progress -[/b]
It would be fun to have games to play during the festival that use festival currency.

I feel that this might make festival currency more valuable, since more people will want to spend it, but it might give others more interest in the festivals themselves. I know a lot of people just grind/brew currency (I do too), but some may not want to do that or maybe they just have a surplus of currency that they'd like to use.

Games
What game types can we have?
This is a festival so they could be similar to carnival games. Other types of games could be added though, it is really up to the design team.
  • A wheel to spin and get prizes
  • Dart throwing game (player pops balloons in a certain amount of time
  • Skee ball
  • Slots (or something similar)
  • Dragon color guessing game (Scrying workshop, but the drop downs are for guessing. (I know stained would be a huge issue and the dragons would have to at least have one tert gene aside from basic or stained, but there are ways around it I’m sure)
There can easily be more varied games, they don't have to be carnival related.

Example:
Players can spend 5 festival currency to spin the wheel for the chance to win a prize. The amount of times a player could spin the wheel could be limited. Staff would have to decide.
Prize Examples:
  • One Unhatched Egg (of the current flight festival. Meaning Flameforgers could only have Unhatched Fire Eggs) This would be a small chance, less than 5%?
  • Materials that are related to the current flight festival. Runestones, puppets, deity statues etc.
  • 10k - 20k treasure
  • 50 current festival currency
  • Current festival chests/skins
  • Small prizes like 5k treasure or a Rusted Treasure Chest
As a small side not this doesn't even have to be a wheel it could be maybe a lever a dragon pulls and you get a random prize.

Unique prizes from games could be:
  • Recolors of jester apparel (I know it was originally gem, but recolors don’t have to be?)
  • Apparel that is jester related. Maybe a jester staff.
  • Balloon Apparel!
  • Vistas
  • Familiars
  • Festival Crackers *Idea belongs to arourallis
    Quote:
    A party cracker could be an interesting mini-chest, containing maybe 1-5 fest currency and a paper hat apparel item, all relative to the fest. There has been some vocal opinions about folks being tired of the vistas taking up the 'small apparel' slot for another year, and I'd have to say I agree. Alternatives (or additions) to the crowns could be party-bead necklaces or bracelets, something simple and easy to format for all the dragons.
Prizes would not retire and would be available during the next flight festival. Staff could also decide to cycle items out.

What about Joaxr's Spare Inventory Items?
Spare Inventory Crate Prismatic Token
These items should remain unique and should only be acquired through their original means.
  • Spare Inventory Crates should NOT be available from ANY games.
  • Prismatic Tokens should NOT be available from ANY games.
  • Items from Joxar's Spare Inventory should NOT be available from ANY games

Would the Festival Games be available during NotN?
No, since that isn't a regular festival.

-This is a work in progress -
marina_small_by_wesleart_by_bombswan-db2x2ss.png
I think the spin-the-wheel idea is the easiest to implement, and wouldn't take much work to re-outfit for each fest. Now, a way to balance it a bit is have the "good" prizes be rare, and either allow only one spin a day, or make each successive spin more expensive (maybe with a daily reset?). This is a great way for people who don't have the time to grind in the Coli to still have a chance at chests, but there miiiiight be some hesitation about giving out eggs? I don't mind, especially if it's the same chance as it would be in the Coli. And maybe there could be an extra fest item, like a little paper crown that you get out of holiday crackers?
I think the spin-the-wheel idea is the easiest to implement, and wouldn't take much work to re-outfit for each fest. Now, a way to balance it a bit is have the "good" prizes be rare, and either allow only one spin a day, or make each successive spin more expensive (maybe with a daily reset?). This is a great way for people who don't have the time to grind in the Coli to still have a chance at chests, but there miiiiight be some hesitation about giving out eggs? I don't mind, especially if it's the same chance as it would be in the Coli. And maybe there could be an extra fest item, like a little paper crown that you get out of holiday crackers?
tumblr_inline_nl86qpmGJL1r9ywrd.png
I like the wheel spin idea, too! Like the person above mentioned, a cute little paper crown could be a nifty little prize. The color guessing might be hard to implement, but balloon popping and the wheel would be neat. I'm all about that balloon apparel, too. Who the heck doesn't like balloons?? I mean, besides that small population of people that have a balloon phobia, like my High School French teacher...but that is neither here nor there.

It was also smart to mention that Joxar's nonsense shouldn't be made available through these carnival games. Maybe add in the skins as prizes or something too, because lord knows I don't wanna spend the treasure to buy some of them sometimes lmao. That's my own problem, though.

Finding more uses for this festival currency is definitely a good idea. I usually end up having so much extra and besides buying a 10th piece of the month's apparel. It just sits in my hoard vault and collects dust until the next year. I have like 3 stacks of 99 of each! It would definitely give me somewhere else to sink that stuff.
I like the wheel spin idea, too! Like the person above mentioned, a cute little paper crown could be a nifty little prize. The color guessing might be hard to implement, but balloon popping and the wheel would be neat. I'm all about that balloon apparel, too. Who the heck doesn't like balloons?? I mean, besides that small population of people that have a balloon phobia, like my High School French teacher...but that is neither here nor there.

It was also smart to mention that Joxar's nonsense shouldn't be made available through these carnival games. Maybe add in the skins as prizes or something too, because lord knows I don't wanna spend the treasure to buy some of them sometimes lmao. That's my own problem, though.

Finding more uses for this festival currency is definitely a good idea. I usually end up having so much extra and besides buying a 10th piece of the month's apparel. It just sits in my hoard vault and collects dust until the next year. I have like 3 stacks of 99 of each! It would definitely give me somewhere else to sink that stuff.
qOYhgZ9.png
@arourallis
I can agree that an egg might be too much. I was thinking about it and seeing at something that would entice more people to play. It would have to be a tiny silver of a chance to get the thing though. I'll make sure to edit that point. The eggs don't have to be a part of it though, I mean a festival chest could potentially just be better since it's purely festival related.

Oh wow the holiday crackers could be fun! I really like that idea. Do you mind if I add that to the unique prizes? I'll make sure to credit you.

@IvoryMuffin
I have so much extra currency it hurts. Sure I can sell it, but I want to actually use it and have some fun with it. Plus this would get some of it out of the economy, but there would still be plenty coming in still so it's not like currency prices would skyrocket.
@arourallis
I can agree that an egg might be too much. I was thinking about it and seeing at something that would entice more people to play. It would have to be a tiny silver of a chance to get the thing though. I'll make sure to edit that point. The eggs don't have to be a part of it though, I mean a festival chest could potentially just be better since it's purely festival related.

Oh wow the holiday crackers could be fun! I really like that idea. Do you mind if I add that to the unique prizes? I'll make sure to credit you.

@IvoryMuffin
I have so much extra currency it hurts. Sure I can sell it, but I want to actually use it and have some fun with it. Plus this would get some of it out of the economy, but there would still be plenty coming in still so it's not like currency prices would skyrocket.
No problem! I know I lose interest in the Fest by the second or third day, once I have all the items I want. Having something with random rewards and limited use would keep people engaged and coming back every day to play. In theory at least.

But a party cracker could be an interesting mini-chest, containing maybe 1-5 fest currency and a paper hat apparel item, all relative to the fest. There has been some vocal opinions about folks being tired of the vistas taking up the 'small apparel' slot for another year, and I'd have to say I agree. Alternatives (or additions) to the crowns could be party-bead necklaces or bracelets, something simple and easy to format for all the dragons.
No problem! I know I lose interest in the Fest by the second or third day, once I have all the items I want. Having something with random rewards and limited use would keep people engaged and coming back every day to play. In theory at least.

But a party cracker could be an interesting mini-chest, containing maybe 1-5 fest currency and a paper hat apparel item, all relative to the fest. There has been some vocal opinions about folks being tired of the vistas taking up the 'small apparel' slot for another year, and I'd have to say I agree. Alternatives (or additions) to the crowns could be party-bead necklaces or bracelets, something simple and easy to format for all the dragons.
tumblr_inline_nl86qpmGJL1r9ywrd.png
Hopefully it is ok to add a small bump. Maybe more people would like to see this?
Hopefully it is ok to add a small bump. Maybe more people would like to see this?
I like the wheel spin idea! I also like the idea of a slot machine that takes currency (although that's super gambly so I understand if it couldn't be implemented.)

I also like the idea of having maybe, say, a small plot during every festival? (Kind of like what Neo used to do does!) With prizes for daily participation, but maybe like...a comic or encyclopedia entry accessible after the festival. Just to give a little more flavor to the site, and to let newer users enjoy past festivals even though they weren't able to participate!
I like the wheel spin idea! I also like the idea of a slot machine that takes currency (although that's super gambly so I understand if it couldn't be implemented.)

I also like the idea of having maybe, say, a small plot during every festival? (Kind of like what Neo used to do does!) With prizes for daily participation, but maybe like...a comic or encyclopedia entry accessible after the festival. Just to give a little more flavor to the site, and to let newer users enjoy past festivals even though they weren't able to participate!
tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o8_500.png
i57ulF2.png a
online, but afk
Cal
he/they
FR +0
hi!
Support! This actually gives me something to do with all my unused currency. I unually just hoard whatever the festival shop is selling so that I can sell it later when it's price goes up. But this sounds like a better way to spend my festival currency. And it actually gives more motivation to acquire them.

I think the wheel of fortune thing is the easiest to implement. I'm getting really excited abo this lmao
Support! This actually gives me something to do with all my unused currency. I unually just hoard whatever the festival shop is selling so that I can sell it later when it's price goes up. But this sounds like a better way to spend my festival currency. And it actually gives more motivation to acquire them.

I think the wheel of fortune thing is the easiest to implement. I'm getting really excited abo this lmao