Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Add a way to preview skins on hatchlings
Basically what the title says. Can the admins find a way to preview a skin/accent on the adult version of a hatchling that won't grow up for 5 or less days? This would help me advertise my hatchlings to people who are looking for dragons that fit certain accents. Sales like these can be time sensitive and the buyer may not be willing to wait and see if the adult version works.

This would also help me when I'm looking for dragons on the AH to fit accents but I can't preview the accent on them because they aren't adults yet. You can't always guarantee that the dragon will remain on the AH until they grow up so I'd either have to buy them as a gamble and wait to see if they fit or I wait and risk the dragon being bought or exalted.

I know you can search for a similar dragon through the search feature and possibly preview the accent on them but sometimes a dragon has unique or rare combos and that isn't an option.
Basically what the title says. Can the admins find a way to preview a skin/accent on the adult version of a hatchling that won't grow up for 5 or less days? This would help me advertise my hatchlings to people who are looking for dragons that fit certain accents. Sales like these can be time sensitive and the buyer may not be willing to wait and see if the adult version works.

This would also help me when I'm looking for dragons on the AH to fit accents but I can't preview the accent on them because they aren't adults yet. You can't always guarantee that the dragon will remain on the AH until they grow up so I'd either have to buy them as a gamble and wait to see if they fit or I wait and risk the dragon being bought or exalted.

I know you can search for a similar dragon through the search feature and possibly preview the accent on them but sometimes a dragon has unique or rare combos and that isn't an option.
XriSV9h.gif
@CrazyRedFire

There is a way to do what you described (fast and convenient as long as apparel isn't concerned):

1. You can access the accent/skin without any dragon underneath with this type of link: http://flightrising.com/images/cms/skins/art/NUMBER.png (replace NUMBER with the skin/accent number).
Save that image.

2. Scry the dragon you have in mind as an adult and save the image too.

3. Open the dragon image in an image editor and then slap the skin/accent image on top, and the result should be the look of that dragon with this skin/accent applied.

(4. The whole thing can also include apparel, in case you might find it useful:
Go to the Dressing Room, select an outfit you like and then place a Marva's Invisibility Cloak below everything - save or copy that image, and then paste it on top of the preview with the skin/accent, and you have a preview of whatever kind of dragon you want with everything on it. :D)

It's not a "no support" though - I definitely wouldn't be opposed to seeing more skin/accent preview options, I figured I'd just mention an already existing way that could be an alternative for now. =)
@CrazyRedFire

There is a way to do what you described (fast and convenient as long as apparel isn't concerned):

1. You can access the accent/skin without any dragon underneath with this type of link: http://flightrising.com/images/cms/skins/art/NUMBER.png (replace NUMBER with the skin/accent number).
Save that image.

2. Scry the dragon you have in mind as an adult and save the image too.

3. Open the dragon image in an image editor and then slap the skin/accent image on top, and the result should be the look of that dragon with this skin/accent applied.

(4. The whole thing can also include apparel, in case you might find it useful:
Go to the Dressing Room, select an outfit you like and then place a Marva's Invisibility Cloak below everything - save or copy that image, and then paste it on top of the preview with the skin/accent, and you have a preview of whatever kind of dragon you want with everything on it. :D)

It's not a "no support" though - I definitely wouldn't be opposed to seeing more skin/accent preview options, I figured I'd just mention an already existing way that could be an alternative for now. =)
This seems like a waste, simply ask the person to hold the dragon for you, most people will be willing to.
This seems like a waste, simply ask the person to hold the dragon for you, most people will be willing to.
BhWDcLm.png
There is away to be able to see skins on the adult dragons in the dressing room. It is at the bottom under all the apparel slots. I don't know if it works for accents... but I know it works for skins. You can import a skin that is already on a dragon or you can load the ID... (Now I just have to find out where I get this ID! :P)

EDIT: I found the ID. (If you knew where it was just ignore me...) It is at the top of a skin preview. :)
There is away to be able to see skins on the adult dragons in the dressing room. It is at the bottom under all the apparel slots. I don't know if it works for accents... but I know it works for skins. You can import a skin that is already on a dragon or you can load the ID... (Now I just have to find out where I get this ID! :P)

EDIT: I found the ID. (If you knew where it was just ignore me...) It is at the top of a skin preview. :)
8pUXRV3.pngEypKCgu.png5aTXnyW.pngE4TsE7N.png
tn0RSo5.pngMUYNhfy.png
(Sorry if y'all don't like being pinged in the suggestion forums)

@Typhoom That isn't a guarantee and some people would not be comfortable asking a random person to do that. I wouldn't have a problem with doing that but there are shier people than me on this site.

@SilverCentaur But it will only preview the accent/skin if the dragon is an adult. An error message will come up if you try to preview it on a hatchling.
(Sorry if y'all don't like being pinged in the suggestion forums)

@Typhoom That isn't a guarantee and some people would not be comfortable asking a random person to do that. I wouldn't have a problem with doing that but there are shier people than me on this site.

@SilverCentaur But it will only preview the accent/skin if the dragon is an adult. An error message will come up if you try to preview it on a hatchling.
XriSV9h.gif
[quote name="SilverCentaur" date=2017-06-11 13:44:56] There is away to be able to see skins on the[b] adult[/b] dragons in the dressing room. [/quote]
SilverCentaur wrote on 2017-06-11:
There is away to be able to see skins on the adult dragons in the dressing room.
tn0RSo5.pngMUYNhfy.png
[quote name="SilverCentaur" date=2017-06-12 16:03:54] [quote name="SilverCentaur" date=2017-06-11 13:44:56] There is away to be able to see skins on the[b] adult[/b] dragons in the dressing room. [/quote] [/quote] Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say with your quote but my suggestion is about being able to preview the accent on the [u]adult version[/u] of a [u]hatchling[/u] that has [u]not yet grown up[/u]. You can't do that in the dressing room. Literally an error message shows up that says "Dragon ID must be numeric and the dragon must be an adult." You have to wait for the hatchling to grow up which takes 6 days so I'm a little confused as to why you requoted yourself.
SilverCentaur wrote on 2017-06-12:
SilverCentaur wrote on 2017-06-11:
There is away to be able to see skins on the adult dragons in the dressing room.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say with your quote but my suggestion is about being able to preview the accent on the adult version of a hatchling that has not yet grown up. You can't do that in the dressing room. Literally an error message shows up that says "Dragon ID must be numeric and the dragon must be an adult." You have to wait for the hatchling to grow up which takes 6 days so I'm a little confused as to why you requoted yourself.
XriSV9h.gif
I'm sorry. I thought you hadn't noticed the skin preview for adult dragons and was just pointing it out. I also quoted myself to show that I had said to show I was talking about the adult dragons. I know it is not what you are currently suggesting but I was misreading some of the previous posts about putting the adult dragons into the dressing room to see them in the skin. As I had forgotten that it was talking about the baby dragons you just scryed.
I'm sorry. I thought you hadn't noticed the skin preview for adult dragons and was just pointing it out. I also quoted myself to show that I had said to show I was talking about the adult dragons. I know it is not what you are currently suggesting but I was misreading some of the previous posts about putting the adult dragons into the dressing room to see them in the skin. As I had forgotten that it was talking about the baby dragons you just scryed.
tn0RSo5.pngMUYNhfy.png