Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Idea for Familiar Bonding!
1 2 3
[quote name="DragonDraws" date=2017-05-22 19:42:16]Oh my goodness yes. Yes place. Sometimes in the middle of bonding I'll have to go away, and then I totally lose track of where I was and spend several minutes trying to find my place again. Even just having the familiar icon be a different colour would help. [/quote] @DragonDraws Or or or.... Maybe change the icon after it's bonded and shows a pink heart behind it? Like how the familiar icons in your hoard or vault have that pink heart~
DragonDraws wrote on 2017-05-22:
Oh my goodness yes. Yes place. Sometimes in the middle of bonding I'll have to go away, and then I totally lose track of where I was and spend several minutes trying to find my place again. Even just having the familiar icon be a different colour would help.
@DragonDraws

Or or or....

Maybe change the icon after it's bonded and shows a pink heart behind it? Like how the familiar icons in your hoard or vault have that pink heart~
Oh, I support all these ideas so far. The page not refreshing anymore would really help out those with bad internet. Those usually have a hard time opening multiple tabs to bond with the familiars so this could speed things up a bit. Not so sure about those with bad hands/wrists though. I think they would still be suffering.

Being able to see in your lair what familiar you bonded with or not would be so useful. Sometimes it doesn't work to open a tab or I accidently close a tab without bonding with the familiar. This would really help a scatterbrained person like me.
Oh, I support all these ideas so far. The page not refreshing anymore would really help out those with bad internet. Those usually have a hard time opening multiple tabs to bond with the familiars so this could speed things up a bit. Not so sure about those with bad hands/wrists though. I think they would still be suffering.

Being able to see in your lair what familiar you bonded with or not would be so useful. Sometimes it doesn't work to open a tab or I accidently close a tab without bonding with the familiar. This would really help a scatterbrained person like me.
407Ohsj.png
...Oh my god why were we arguing in the other suggestion threads when we have this lovely brilliance here?

Gods yes please, full support, less reload more speed pls and ty
...Oh my god why were we arguing in the other suggestion threads when we have this lovely brilliance here?

Gods yes please, full support, less reload more speed pls and ty
SsDRJ6t.pngdbR6FAo.pngYohjRio.pngfL0umpy.png
Support.

The hard-refresh inducing flavor box is always skipped over anyway by just opening multiple tabs from the lair page.

It's definitely a thing that needs to not happen. Then the only people bothering with opening all the tabs at once would be people with stronger computers and connection, instead of everyone having to do it in spite of whether or not their systems can handle it
Support.

The hard-refresh inducing flavor box is always skipped over anyway by just opening multiple tabs from the lair page.

It's definitely a thing that needs to not happen. Then the only people bothering with opening all the tabs at once would be people with stronger computers and connection, instead of everyone having to do it in spite of whether or not their systems can handle it
tumblr_pnm56aOHEm1r54jk5o2_250.pngtumblr_pnm56aOHEm1r54jk5o6_250.pngtumblr_pnm56aOHEm1r54jk5o5_250.pngtumblr_pnm56aOHEm1r54jk5o4_75sq.png
@Zhavea
An icon change is a brilliant idea, the lack of hard refresh not so much on a site that's mainly supported by ad revenue. It'd be kinder on peoples' internet, but that's a heck of a lot of views per person you're losing every single day and risks a major detrimental impact on FR itself.
@Zhavea
An icon change is a brilliant idea, the lack of hard refresh not so much on a site that's mainly supported by ad revenue. It'd be kinder on peoples' internet, but that's a heck of a lot of views per person you're losing every single day and risks a major detrimental impact on FR itself.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@vendrus I'm under the impression that most people already bypass the hard refresh, but I have a bias maybe

overall that's up for SW to determine but I think since everyone tries to get around it, it's a broken feature
@vendrus I'm under the impression that most people already bypass the hard refresh, but I have a bias maybe

overall that's up for SW to determine but I think since everyone tries to get around it, it's a broken feature
tumblr_pnm56aOHEm1r54jk5o2_250.pngtumblr_pnm56aOHEm1r54jk5o6_250.pngtumblr_pnm56aOHEm1r54jk5o5_250.pngtumblr_pnm56aOHEm1r54jk5o4_75sq.png
@Vaxl
There is a method that doesn't require the refresh afterwards, but it still requires every dragon page to be opened. This proposal would cut my daily page views associated with bonding from ~120 to 6!
@Vaxl
There is a method that doesn't require the refresh afterwards, but it still requires every dragon page to be opened. This proposal would cut my daily page views associated with bonding from ~120 to 6!
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Vendrus First off, no need to ping me going forward, but thank you anyways!

Secondly, the ads refresh without reloading the page anyways, so there's still views coming in that situation.

Also to be perfectly frank, I don't really care about the ads, since I have been redirected so many times to a spam URL from an ad auto loading when it shouldn't be, and staff can't help because the original add and link is lost forever, since the redirect changes the URLs every time, and by the time you return to FR"s page, the ad's disappeared entirely. But that's a whole other can of worms that I won't open or dig into too deeply here.

But on the other side of the coin there, you do make a very good point, so definitely a con worth mentioning~
@Vendrus First off, no need to ping me going forward, but thank you anyways!

Secondly, the ads refresh without reloading the page anyways, so there's still views coming in that situation.

Also to be perfectly frank, I don't really care about the ads, since I have been redirected so many times to a spam URL from an ad auto loading when it shouldn't be, and staff can't help because the original add and link is lost forever, since the redirect changes the URLs every time, and by the time you return to FR"s page, the ad's disappeared entirely. But that's a whole other can of worms that I won't open or dig into too deeply here.

But on the other side of the coin there, you do make a very good point, so definitely a con worth mentioning~
@Vendrus

No need to ping me either, if you respond to this :)

While you make a valid point, I would also like to mention a few other things that relate to ad revenue.

First is that it is quite possible that these companies are paying FR for the advertising. This is not so likely since, as Zhav mentioned, the ads do tend to refresh. So it's more likely that they use an ad service and just toss up some random code that will refresh/load random ads.
Second is that it is unlikely that the ads generate revenue for FR per view. It is more likely that the ads only make FR any income when people click them.

BUT! Let's pretend that they are per view. There tends to be at least 1500 people on at any given time. I've seen upwards of near 4000 before. Right now, we have a new gene release, so people are refreshing the marketplace like crazy. Let's assume that 1000 views makes $1. There are, let's say, 50 people stalking the MP at any given time. Each person refreshes 10 times every five minutes. That's 500 "ad views" every five minutes. In ten minutes, FR would make $1. I'm sure I'm greatly undermining the amount of MP refreshing lol. And that would be just on the MP! No forum hopping, no checking Baldwin, no AH surfing/listing... just MP.

Here's some more numbers! Let's assume 40,000 people load FR daily, and have 20 familiars to bond with. (These numbers are completely random obviously). That's 800,000 page views. Most people don't bond with their familiars anyway. It's long and arduous and no one enjoys it. There have even been extensions to speed the process up don't do it kids. If all 40,000 people bonded with their 20 familiars daily, because this new process sped it up, FR would make $800 a day, minimum. But let's also assume that currently, only 10% of the FR population bonds with their familiars daily atm because of how time consuming it is. So as of right now, FR is only making $80. Or $160 rather, since they have two page views per familiar atm.

While initially it looks as though FR would lose money, bonding would take a ton less time and more people would be inclined to bond with more familiars. I know I bond with my 21 familiars every other week lol. Or if I'm extremely bored. I have terrible internet and it takes me ten minutes to do 20 dragonsLast night, someone I was talking with bonded with half of all their familiars, even ones not attached to dragons. It took them at least an hour. And they missed out on our conversation about how to improve bonding (that conversation isthe one that brought this suggestion to life) They hadn't bonded with that many in ages and vowed not to do it for a long time.

Of course, these numbers are all speculation, but it would definitely be within FR's possible benefit to do the math with the numbers they actually have and use. We don't know how FR's ad revenue works. Per view, per click? We don't know how much they make per view/click either. And we don't know what actual percentage of the userbase takes their time to bond with their familiars. But it's definitely something to look into :)
@Vendrus

No need to ping me either, if you respond to this :)

While you make a valid point, I would also like to mention a few other things that relate to ad revenue.

First is that it is quite possible that these companies are paying FR for the advertising. This is not so likely since, as Zhav mentioned, the ads do tend to refresh. So it's more likely that they use an ad service and just toss up some random code that will refresh/load random ads.
Second is that it is unlikely that the ads generate revenue for FR per view. It is more likely that the ads only make FR any income when people click them.

BUT! Let's pretend that they are per view. There tends to be at least 1500 people on at any given time. I've seen upwards of near 4000 before. Right now, we have a new gene release, so people are refreshing the marketplace like crazy. Let's assume that 1000 views makes $1. There are, let's say, 50 people stalking the MP at any given time. Each person refreshes 10 times every five minutes. That's 500 "ad views" every five minutes. In ten minutes, FR would make $1. I'm sure I'm greatly undermining the amount of MP refreshing lol. And that would be just on the MP! No forum hopping, no checking Baldwin, no AH surfing/listing... just MP.

Here's some more numbers! Let's assume 40,000 people load FR daily, and have 20 familiars to bond with. (These numbers are completely random obviously). That's 800,000 page views. Most people don't bond with their familiars anyway. It's long and arduous and no one enjoys it. There have even been extensions to speed the process up don't do it kids. If all 40,000 people bonded with their 20 familiars daily, because this new process sped it up, FR would make $800 a day, minimum. But let's also assume that currently, only 10% of the FR population bonds with their familiars daily atm because of how time consuming it is. So as of right now, FR is only making $80. Or $160 rather, since they have two page views per familiar atm.

While initially it looks as though FR would lose money, bonding would take a ton less time and more people would be inclined to bond with more familiars. I know I bond with my 21 familiars every other week lol. Or if I'm extremely bored. I have terrible internet and it takes me ten minutes to do 20 dragonsLast night, someone I was talking with bonded with half of all their familiars, even ones not attached to dragons. It took them at least an hour. And they missed out on our conversation about how to improve bonding (that conversation isthe one that brought this suggestion to life) They hadn't bonded with that many in ages and vowed not to do it for a long time.

Of course, these numbers are all speculation, but it would definitely be within FR's possible benefit to do the math with the numbers they actually have and use. We don't know how FR's ad revenue works. Per view, per click? We don't know how much they make per view/click either. And we don't know what actual percentage of the userbase takes their time to bond with their familiars. But it's definitely something to look into :)
Xo3h1oI.png
^^

Exactly. If you make any portion of the game more accessible/easier to use, revenue from views or clicks? I guess, goes up as more people use more features frequently. Rather than refusing it outright due to the tedious or time consuming nature of it. Since, due to irl constraint, many people simply do not have.

I'd be very excited to see any improvement to the process, really!

**~~Accessibility is key!~~**

uvu
^^

Exactly. If you make any portion of the game more accessible/easier to use, revenue from views or clicks? I guess, goes up as more people use more features frequently. Rather than refusing it outright due to the tedious or time consuming nature of it. Since, due to irl constraint, many people simply do not have.

I'd be very excited to see any improvement to the process, really!

**~~Accessibility is key!~~**

uvu
SsDRJ6t.pngdbR6FAo.pngYohjRio.pngfL0umpy.png
1 2 3