Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Re-release Boolean [Discussion]
1 2 3 4 5
The boolean achievement is a zero value achievement, it doesn't make it impossible to get to 100% points in that catagory.
The boolean achievement is a zero value achievement, it doesn't make it impossible to get to 100% points in that catagory.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
It would be a slap in the face to beta testers, they actually had to do something to get this familiar, and now it's just being thrown out to whoever?

If FR needs more beta testers, they should get a different familiar.
It would be a slap in the face to beta testers, they actually had to do something to get this familiar, and now it's just being thrown out to whoever?

If FR needs more beta testers, they should get a different familiar.
BhWDcLm.png
Some interesting points being brought up!

Since this is a discussion on a hypothetical situation where the staff re-release something, would you also like to mention what you think would be the best thing to re-release? I've heard arguments for sprites but it usually boils down to 'un-retiring is bad' vs 'un-retiring is good' rather than what would be the best option if something is re-released.
Some interesting points being brought up!

Since this is a discussion on a hypothetical situation where the staff re-release something, would you also like to mention what you think would be the best thing to re-release? I've heard arguments for sprites but it usually boils down to 'un-retiring is bad' vs 'un-retiring is good' rather than what would be the best option if something is re-released.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
@MurkyDepths

I don't support un-retiring of any kind. The reason why it boils down to that is because, once a site starts un-retiring items, it's a slippery slope before they un-retire even more items. When I get something from a festival or elsewhere, I want to know that it will gain value if I let it sit in my hoard, not lose it.

I don't think it's right for a player to buy an item one day for 50kG and then the next day there's thousands of them for sale for cheap. It would cause people to be wary of holding onto expensive items (just look at what happened to the bear prices).
@MurkyDepths

I don't support un-retiring of any kind. The reason why it boils down to that is because, once a site starts un-retiring items, it's a slippery slope before they un-retire even more items. When I get something from a festival or elsewhere, I want to know that it will gain value if I let it sit in my hoard, not lose it.

I don't think it's right for a player to buy an item one day for 50kG and then the next day there's thousands of them for sale for cheap. It would cause people to be wary of holding onto expensive items (just look at what happened to the bear prices).
tumblr_inline_onquyeL3Xo1r2wn2b_500.giftumblr_inline_onquyjIGrV1r2wn2b_500.giftumblr_inline_onquyo3Xtq1r2wn2b_500.gif
@illuminator That's a fair enough opinion but I don't really want this thread to become un-retiring vs retiring. It's more what would be the best option to be un-retired.
@illuminator That's a fair enough opinion but I don't really want this thread to become un-retiring vs retiring. It's more what would be the best option to be un-retired.
@MurkyDepths
Okay, fair enough. :)

If I were to see an item unretired, it would be imperial scrolls. Imperial scrolls are rising in price due to their ability to be used, whereas booleans are usually just sitting in peoples' hoards. Imperial scrolls serve more of a purpose, and would balance the amount of gen1s of different breeds. I would still want to see a very small amount re-released, but it would be nice to see imperial G1s around again.
@MurkyDepths
Okay, fair enough. :)

If I were to see an item unretired, it would be imperial scrolls. Imperial scrolls are rising in price due to their ability to be used, whereas booleans are usually just sitting in peoples' hoards. Imperial scrolls serve more of a purpose, and would balance the amount of gen1s of different breeds. I would still want to see a very small amount re-released, but it would be nice to see imperial G1s around again.
tumblr_inline_onquyeL3Xo1r2wn2b_500.giftumblr_inline_onquyjIGrV1r2wn2b_500.giftumblr_inline_onquyo3Xtq1r2wn2b_500.gif
I can support the re-release of old event items, the users who originally got them didn't do anything special for the site, and didn't pay in real money. As for the users who payed 50kg for sunchaser jewelry/light sprite, when you buy an item you always have to keep in mind that prices change. Plus, I highly doubt if these items were re-released that there would be an extreme price drop.
I can support the re-release of old event items, the users who originally got them didn't do anything special for the site, and didn't pay in real money. As for the users who payed 50kg for sunchaser jewelry/light sprite, when you buy an item you always have to keep in mind that prices change. Plus, I highly doubt if these items were re-released that there would be an extreme price drop.
BhWDcLm.png
Personally, I think this would be worse than rereleasing the sprites.

I'm not in support of unretiring any items, but especially Boolean or KS items. Keep in mind that this game would be nonexistent without Beta Testers. I will never support taking away their reward for that. The same goes for KS backers, though that's a different argument.

I WOULD support hiding the bestiary entries unless you have it (Or at least having the choice too) and hiding the achievement. (As well as making it worth 0 points).

(EDIT: Also Boolean is not entirely extinct, my sister has a friend trying to get one. It's just really, really expensive and hard to get.)
Personally, I think this would be worse than rereleasing the sprites.

I'm not in support of unretiring any items, but especially Boolean or KS items. Keep in mind that this game would be nonexistent without Beta Testers. I will never support taking away their reward for that. The same goes for KS backers, though that's a different argument.

I WOULD support hiding the bestiary entries unless you have it (Or at least having the choice too) and hiding the achievement. (As well as making it worth 0 points).

(EDIT: Also Boolean is not entirely extinct, my sister has a friend trying to get one. It's just really, really expensive and hard to get.)
[quote name="Almedha" date=2017-04-21 13:03:29] I think that Kickstarter and Beta familiars shouldn't have bestiary entries associated with them (or, say, be in their own separate golden bestiary or something), and also should not give achievement points. The reward is the item, isn't it?[/quote] I'd like for all retired familiars to be included there, actually. As for the re-release... well, I see no real reason for it unless FR goes through another beta stage, as it was a reward for beta-testers and should stay so. Yes, they are extinct, but if the bestiary is fixed, then only a few people would care about it.
Almedha wrote on 2017-04-21:
I think that Kickstarter and Beta familiars shouldn't have bestiary entries associated with them (or, say, be in their own separate golden bestiary or something), and also should not give achievement points. The reward is the item, isn't it?
I'd like for all retired familiars to be included there, actually.

As for the re-release... well, I see no real reason for it unless FR goes through another beta stage, as it was a reward for beta-testers and should stay so. Yes, they are extinct, but if the bestiary is fixed, then only a few people would care about it.
@ToonKuriboh Does your friend has a seller lined up? Don't quote me on this but I've heard there were only 100 or so beta testers. Estimating a price for the boolean is so difficult because nobody's really willing to sell. I'd be interested to know a 'solid' price for them (other than trading other KS stuff like imperial scrolls)
@ToonKuriboh Does your friend has a seller lined up? Don't quote me on this but I've heard there were only 100 or so beta testers. Estimating a price for the boolean is so difficult because nobody's really willing to sell. I'd be interested to know a 'solid' price for them (other than trading other KS stuff like imperial scrolls)
1 2 3 4 5