Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Suggest New scroll to change dragon
I would like to suggest a new scroll be made to change the sex of the dragon to the opposite. Most times when looking for a mate it is almost impossible to find. A scroll that changes a male to female and a female to a male would really come in handy.
I would like to suggest a new scroll be made to change the sex of the dragon to the opposite. Most times when looking for a mate it is almost impossible to find. A scroll that changes a male to female and a female to a male would really come in handy.
6iv51x.png
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/591#post_22533409]Not going to happen in the near or further future.[/url] [quote]Are there any plans for a gender change scroll? I feel like that would be very useful for breeding projects![/quote] [quote=Aequorin]We don't have any plans to release an item like this right now. We feel would take the 'project' out of "breeding project", and would make narrowing down ranges much much easier for someone who purchases the scroll.[/quote]
Not going to happen in the near or further future.
Quote:
Are there any plans for a gender change scroll? I feel like that would be very useful for breeding projects!
Aequorin wrote:
We don't have any plans to release an item like this right now. We feel would take the 'project' out of "breeding project", and would make narrowing down ranges much much easier for someone who purchases the scroll.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
This has been brought up countless times and the answer is always no. It's really not that hard to find a somewhat similarly colored dragon.
This has been brought up countless times and the answer is always no. It's really not that hard to find a somewhat similarly colored dragon.
18880fa67fd73aab211edb30cbc19b73.gif
As handy as a scroll like that would be, it'd make breeding too easy.
As handy as a scroll like that would be, it'd make breeding too easy.
ZryO5nF.pngW38Mj4I.pngU15OJEU.pngywWF0OY.pngZryO5nF.png
No support.

This would disrupt the coding. They would have to take provisions on a few things, like not having to ability to be changed once they're bred (Which would also make bred dragons worth even less, and I don't really like that), they probably should make the cooldown restart, they would have to change the dragon's sizes, figure out a price, ect. That's a lot of coding for something not really needed in the game.

This also really wouldn't make much sense to add in, as this is a breeding game. You can already change the colors, gene and breed of a dragon. As this is a breeding game, it really doesn't even need to have that. The only two statistics you really can't change is the element/eye color and the gender. As those are the only two, you shouldn't take those away because some of the breeding prospect should remain. People would also begin to ask even more about element changing scrolls, as if they released gender-change scrolls, why not element-changing scrolls too?

It's also usually not all that hard to find a mate for your dragons. Sometimes it is, yes, but with the amount of dragons and how cheap the majority of them are, it's usually fairly easy to find dragons with similar color ranges to your own. I would support color-range searches on the AH to make this easier, but that's really the only way you could make this easier, especially since the scrolls would have to be fairly expensive and it'd probably be easier and cheaper to just find a mate on the AH.

If you like a certain pose better and you like your dragon that has the other pose due to their gender, and you don't want to replace them for whatever reason, than I would support a pose change scroll though! There's no harm in that.
No support.

This would disrupt the coding. They would have to take provisions on a few things, like not having to ability to be changed once they're bred (Which would also make bred dragons worth even less, and I don't really like that), they probably should make the cooldown restart, they would have to change the dragon's sizes, figure out a price, ect. That's a lot of coding for something not really needed in the game.

This also really wouldn't make much sense to add in, as this is a breeding game. You can already change the colors, gene and breed of a dragon. As this is a breeding game, it really doesn't even need to have that. The only two statistics you really can't change is the element/eye color and the gender. As those are the only two, you shouldn't take those away because some of the breeding prospect should remain. People would also begin to ask even more about element changing scrolls, as if they released gender-change scrolls, why not element-changing scrolls too?

It's also usually not all that hard to find a mate for your dragons. Sometimes it is, yes, but with the amount of dragons and how cheap the majority of them are, it's usually fairly easy to find dragons with similar color ranges to your own. I would support color-range searches on the AH to make this easier, but that's really the only way you could make this easier, especially since the scrolls would have to be fairly expensive and it'd probably be easier and cheaper to just find a mate on the AH.

If you like a certain pose better and you like your dragon that has the other pose due to their gender, and you don't want to replace them for whatever reason, than I would support a pose change scroll though! There's no harm in that.
[quote name="Catspaw" date=2016-09-27 13:34:49] I would like to suggest a new scroll be made to change the sex of the dragon to the opposite. Most times when looking for a mate it is almost impossible to find. A scroll that changes a male to female and a female to a male would really come in handy. [/quote] There are 70 000 dragons for sale right now, we're not lacking in potential mates.
Catspaw wrote on 2016-09-27:

There are 70 000 dragons for sale right now, we're not lacking in potential mates.
Sorry, no support. FR IS a breeding game at it's core, not to mention it's too late to add such a feature to the game, and then there's also the coding issues on top of everything else.

If you can't find a particular dragon, you'll have to find something with the closest ranges possible and breed for what you want.
Sorry, no support. FR IS a breeding game at it's core, not to mention it's too late to add such a feature to the game, and then there's also the coding issues on top of everything else.

If you can't find a particular dragon, you'll have to find something with the closest ranges possible and breed for what you want.
forumsig7_by_adder_snake_bite-d9p3buh.png