Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dyes and a Genderswap Potion?
1 2
So, what I'm basically saying is that I think there should be, like, dyes (to change the primary/secondary/tertiary color of a dragon) and a potion to change the gender of a dragon (can only be used if the dragon does not have any accents or skins on).

Dyes

Cold Dye

This dye is surprisingly cold. (Dyes a color shades of blue.)

Flaming Dye

Can probably start a fire if unattended. (Dyes a color reds, oranges and yellows.)

Natural Dye

Try as you might, you cannot grow a tree with this. (Dyes a color shades of green.)

Earthly Dye

The dragon who sold you this SAID this was good for your scales. (Dyes a color shades of brown.)

Poisoned Dye

Great for tea! (Dyes a color shades of purple.)

Shadowed Dye

Pour this all over yourself and you'll be a ninja. (Dyes a color dark greys and blacks.)

Heavenly Dye

The best thing on earth. (Dyes a color light greys, whites, pinks, and golds.)

The Genderswap Potion

Mysterious Potion

Changes one's gender. Cannot be used if a dragon is wearing a skin/accent. A dragon afflicted by this will still be eligible for sale and exaltation.

EDIT:

I'd like to touch up on some possible questions and/or concerns about the dyes.

Question 1:
Do the dyes randomize which color is placed on your dragon?

They are unintended to randomize the color, so no.

Question 2:
Do the dyes randomize their placement on your dragon (as in, the computer randomly determines whether they are placed on the primary/secondary/tertiary layer or not)?

Again, no.

Concern:
These will be bad for the FR economy (see Ismaiel's response for why).

To combat this, the dyes should be rare coliseum drops, with the Rainbow Dye only being able to be bought in the Gem Marketplace. Below are the dyes in order of probable rarity:

Earthly Dye, Shadowed Dye, Natural Dye, Poisoned Dye, Flaming Dye, Cold Dye, Heavenly Dye
So, what I'm basically saying is that I think there should be, like, dyes (to change the primary/secondary/tertiary color of a dragon) and a potion to change the gender of a dragon (can only be used if the dragon does not have any accents or skins on).

Dyes

Cold Dye

This dye is surprisingly cold. (Dyes a color shades of blue.)

Flaming Dye

Can probably start a fire if unattended. (Dyes a color reds, oranges and yellows.)

Natural Dye

Try as you might, you cannot grow a tree with this. (Dyes a color shades of green.)

Earthly Dye

The dragon who sold you this SAID this was good for your scales. (Dyes a color shades of brown.)

Poisoned Dye

Great for tea! (Dyes a color shades of purple.)

Shadowed Dye

Pour this all over yourself and you'll be a ninja. (Dyes a color dark greys and blacks.)

Heavenly Dye

The best thing on earth. (Dyes a color light greys, whites, pinks, and golds.)

The Genderswap Potion

Mysterious Potion

Changes one's gender. Cannot be used if a dragon is wearing a skin/accent. A dragon afflicted by this will still be eligible for sale and exaltation.

EDIT:

I'd like to touch up on some possible questions and/or concerns about the dyes.

Question 1:
Do the dyes randomize which color is placed on your dragon?

They are unintended to randomize the color, so no.

Question 2:
Do the dyes randomize their placement on your dragon (as in, the computer randomly determines whether they are placed on the primary/secondary/tertiary layer or not)?

Again, no.

Concern:
These will be bad for the FR economy (see Ismaiel's response for why).

To combat this, the dyes should be rare coliseum drops, with the Rainbow Dye only being able to be bought in the Gem Marketplace. Below are the dyes in order of probable rarity:

Earthly Dye, Shadowed Dye, Natural Dye, Poisoned Dye, Flaming Dye, Cold Dye, Heavenly Dye
BcRJQQl.png
Oh, I almost forgot the most expensive dye of them all:

Rainbow Dye

Ahhh! My eyes! (Can dye a color the whole color spectrum.)
Oh, I almost forgot the most expensive dye of them all:

Rainbow Dye

Ahhh! My eyes! (Can dye a color the whole color spectrum.)
BcRJQQl.png
Sorry, but I do not believe we need either of these potions.

1. Dye - we already have a triple scatter scroll that changes the color of a dragon (albeit randomly) and breeding for specific colors is pretty easy, so really the only use for these would be 'special' dragons such as Gen1s (which this could REALLY hurt the gen 1 market as it would be a lot easier to get matching Gen1s) or special ID dragons.

2. As for the Gender Swap, again, no need. This is potentially game breaking due to how lineage and male/female are coded and displayed, and this could also really hurt the dragon market (not so much fodder but the 'special' ones again such as matching colors or subspecies) as it could potentially be that much easier to 'switch' the sexes of the dragons and thus create breeding pairs where before there weren't any.

I would support a pose change scroll which changes only the pose of the dragon, but everything else, lineage, who it can breed with etc.. stays the same. (ie it would show the female line art for a male dragon and the male line art for a female dragon)
Sorry, but I do not believe we need either of these potions.

1. Dye - we already have a triple scatter scroll that changes the color of a dragon (albeit randomly) and breeding for specific colors is pretty easy, so really the only use for these would be 'special' dragons such as Gen1s (which this could REALLY hurt the gen 1 market as it would be a lot easier to get matching Gen1s) or special ID dragons.

2. As for the Gender Swap, again, no need. This is potentially game breaking due to how lineage and male/female are coded and displayed, and this could also really hurt the dragon market (not so much fodder but the 'special' ones again such as matching colors or subspecies) as it could potentially be that much easier to 'switch' the sexes of the dragons and thus create breeding pairs where before there weren't any.

I would support a pose change scroll which changes only the pose of the dragon, but everything else, lineage, who it can breed with etc.. stays the same. (ie it would show the female line art for a male dragon and the male line art for a female dragon)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar

I understand, what not with the genderswap potion breaking the game, but the dyes only change one color on a dragon. Excuse my poor wording on the initial post!
@Jemadar

I understand, what not with the genderswap potion breaking the game, but the dyes only change one color on a dragon. Excuse my poor wording on the initial post!
BcRJQQl.png
@RadioActivePup True, but I also don't support single color scatter scrolls, as I feel that the game is pretty easy as it is to get the desired dragon and I feel that they could have negative effects on the game. I am afraid that dyes would be even worse, because at least the single color scatter scrolls would still have the full 177 colors available. The Dyes would break that down so that you could be guaranteed to at least have it in a specific range. Here is an Example. I hatched this Gen1 on the Color Wheel Expansion day: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=0&breed=11&element=11&gender=1&tert=44&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=109&auth=25c508fcca05a6538c0db0e474915a2b27c0e5f9&dummyext=prev.png[/img] (not using linking as I sold her) She is Maize/Bubblegum/Ivory which looks pretty good as is. However, With your Dyes, unless they randomly picked which color they changed, I could get her secondary into the white range with no fear of a different color. Here is another example: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=104&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=3&gender=1&tert=175&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=41&auth=8d021bf1c98225f9626a985bc668c129458a65bd&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Again, I hatched this Gen1 on Color Wheel Expansion day and sold her. She looks nice doesn't she, Yellow/Goldenrod. Pretty nice colors, go well together. However, her Tert is Nightshade. Again, with the dyes, I could make give her a yellow tert, thus bringing her price up, and in effect, because other people could do the same with their close gen1s bringing all the prices for matching Gen1s down as there would simply be more on the market. I hope I explained my reasoning well. The ideas are inventive and if FR handled breeding differently, I would probably support the dyes as I am on sites where getting specific colors on offspring is VERY hard.
@RadioActivePup

True, but I also don't support single color scatter scrolls, as I feel that the game is pretty easy as it is to get the desired dragon and I feel that they could have negative effects on the game.

I am afraid that dyes would be even worse, because at least the single color scatter scrolls would still have the full 177 colors available. The Dyes would break that down so that you could be guaranteed to at least have it in a specific range.

Here is an Example.

I hatched this Gen1 on the Color Wheel Expansion day:

dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=0&breed=11&element=11&gender=1&tert=44&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=109&auth=25c508fcca05a6538c0db0e474915a2b27c0e5f9&dummyext=prev.png

(not using linking as I sold her)

She is Maize/Bubblegum/Ivory which looks pretty good as is. However, With your Dyes, unless they randomly picked which color they changed, I could get her secondary into the white range with no fear of a different color.

Here is another example:
dragon?age=1&body=104&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=3&gender=1&tert=175&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=41&auth=8d021bf1c98225f9626a985bc668c129458a65bd&dummyext=prev.png

Again, I hatched this Gen1 on Color Wheel Expansion day and sold her. She looks nice doesn't she, Yellow/Goldenrod. Pretty nice colors, go well together. However, her Tert is Nightshade. Again, with the dyes, I could make give her a yellow tert, thus bringing her price up, and in effect, because other people could do the same with their close gen1s bringing all the prices for matching Gen1s down as there would simply be more on the market.

I hope I explained my reasoning well. The ideas are inventive and if FR handled breeding differently, I would probably support the dyes as I am on sites where getting specific colors on offspring is VERY hard.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar

To answer your concern on whether or not the dyes randomize colors or not:

No, they do not. I pictured them as allowing to to pick a specific color in the color range that the dyes allow you to choose from - say for example, you could pick out Cornflower from the Cold Dye.
@Jemadar

To answer your concern on whether or not the dyes randomize colors or not:

No, they do not. I pictured them as allowing to to pick a specific color in the color range that the dyes allow you to choose from - say for example, you could pick out Cornflower from the Cold Dye.
BcRJQQl.png
@RadioactivePup

Which is exactly what makes it 'bad' for the sites economy. Being able to handpic colors is something special that you are only able to do once - with your progen. It should stay that way.
@RadioactivePup

Which is exactly what makes it 'bad' for the sites economy. Being able to handpic colors is something special that you are only able to do once - with your progen. It should stay that way.
no support.
staff said that they have no plans of ever releasing gender change scrolls. as for the dyes, just get a scatter scroll. they're relatively inexpensive for what they do.
no support.
staff said that they have no plans of ever releasing gender change scrolls. as for the dyes, just get a scatter scroll. they're relatively inexpensive for what they do.
HpBICfc.gif
» about me
» commissions
This is a rather divided topic within the suggestion forum. I personally do not want to see a sex change item that would allow you to change the sex and then be able to breed according to the newly assigned sex (IE You have two males, you change one of them to a female and then you would be able to breed the male to the female). I'd rather not see this for a couple of reasons:

First of all, it could probably involve having to recode a fair amount of the breeding/display system which I think could be better spent adding new features rather than recoding a system that works perfectly fine the way it is. The reason I say it could involve a fair amount of recoding is depending on how the lineage is stored in the database the system could have a fit over trying to figure out how to display the parents when one of them has been sex changed so they are now the same sex since there is no longer a male and a female parent to display first and second.

The second reason I don't like this is because it would remove some of the challenge involved in breeding since sex is the only thing you can't change and something should remain static. You can change color by using a scatter scroll and you can ensure the hatchlings are of a particular element by breeding it in the appropriate nest

I'd personally prefer to see a cosmetic change (changes the image to the opposite sex, so your male dragon displays a female dragon image, but he is still a male dragon so he still can only breed with females so the breeding pool for him doesn't change). Alternatively if there wouldn't be a coding issue like mentioned above (or there were additional restrictions like must never have been bred to avoid the entire potential coding issue) and it actually changes the sex then that individual becomes unbreedable.

As for the dyes I absolutely do not want to see anything like that in the game. I do not agree with adding single color scatter scrolls and the proposed dye would allow a person to pick a color which removes most of the challenge from the game when it comes to getting an ideal dragon. With your item you'd only need three of them and be able to completely customize your dragon with no risk. Heck the only dragon you can choose the colors for is your custom progen and even then you are limited to the old color wheel and only allowed to choose the primary and secondary which implies the admins do not want players to be able to completely customize dragons.

Even if you can't buy most of the dyes from the gem marketplace or craft them in Baldwin, these scrolls are still bad for the dragon economy. And since rainbow dye would allow you to choose ANY color and is for sale in the gem marketplace you don't even have to be lucky in what drops you get. The rainbow dye would be a P2W item. Currently color is king and it is about the only thing other than new genes/breeds that sell. Instead of breeding for three nice colors, if you were able to select a color you can start popping out hatchlings with those nice colors much quicker resulting in a drop in price of good color dragons due to oversaturation. And it would absolutely crash the gen one market as getting a good colored gen one would no longer be left to chance as you could merely get one of these scrolls and change the colors.
This is a rather divided topic within the suggestion forum. I personally do not want to see a sex change item that would allow you to change the sex and then be able to breed according to the newly assigned sex (IE You have two males, you change one of them to a female and then you would be able to breed the male to the female). I'd rather not see this for a couple of reasons:

First of all, it could probably involve having to recode a fair amount of the breeding/display system which I think could be better spent adding new features rather than recoding a system that works perfectly fine the way it is. The reason I say it could involve a fair amount of recoding is depending on how the lineage is stored in the database the system could have a fit over trying to figure out how to display the parents when one of them has been sex changed so they are now the same sex since there is no longer a male and a female parent to display first and second.

The second reason I don't like this is because it would remove some of the challenge involved in breeding since sex is the only thing you can't change and something should remain static. You can change color by using a scatter scroll and you can ensure the hatchlings are of a particular element by breeding it in the appropriate nest

I'd personally prefer to see a cosmetic change (changes the image to the opposite sex, so your male dragon displays a female dragon image, but he is still a male dragon so he still can only breed with females so the breeding pool for him doesn't change). Alternatively if there wouldn't be a coding issue like mentioned above (or there were additional restrictions like must never have been bred to avoid the entire potential coding issue) and it actually changes the sex then that individual becomes unbreedable.

As for the dyes I absolutely do not want to see anything like that in the game. I do not agree with adding single color scatter scrolls and the proposed dye would allow a person to pick a color which removes most of the challenge from the game when it comes to getting an ideal dragon. With your item you'd only need three of them and be able to completely customize your dragon with no risk. Heck the only dragon you can choose the colors for is your custom progen and even then you are limited to the old color wheel and only allowed to choose the primary and secondary which implies the admins do not want players to be able to completely customize dragons.

Even if you can't buy most of the dyes from the gem marketplace or craft them in Baldwin, these scrolls are still bad for the dragon economy. And since rainbow dye would allow you to choose ANY color and is for sale in the gem marketplace you don't even have to be lucky in what drops you get. The rainbow dye would be a P2W item. Currently color is king and it is about the only thing other than new genes/breeds that sell. Instead of breeding for three nice colors, if you were able to select a color you can start popping out hatchlings with those nice colors much quicker resulting in a drop in price of good color dragons due to oversaturation. And it would absolutely crash the gen one market as getting a good colored gen one would no longer be left to chance as you could merely get one of these scrolls and change the colors.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="RadioactivePup" date=2016-08-31 22:01:38] Jemadar I understand, what not with the genderswap potion breaking the game, but the dyes only change one color on a dragon. Excuse my poor wording on the initial post! [/quote] How is that not gamebreaking? The only dragon you should get to choose some colors on is your custom progen. Not every run of the mill dragon. That's not how breeding sims work.
RadioactivePup wrote on 2016-08-31:
Jemadar

How is that not gamebreaking?

The only dragon you should get to choose some colors on is your custom progen. Not every run of the mill dragon. That's not how breeding sims work.
1 2