Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gender Change Scroll?
Some players get an imbalance of genders in their lair and some of the dragon breeds are in better poses as one gender as opposed to the other.

So we have scrolls that can change the age of a dragon (Maturity and Eternal Youth), the colors of a dragon (genes and the scatter scroll), and even the breed of a dragon, so why shouldn't we change their gender?
Some players get an imbalance of genders in their lair and some of the dragon breeds are in better poses as one gender as opposed to the other.

So we have scrolls that can change the age of a dragon (Maturity and Eternal Youth), the colors of a dragon (genes and the scatter scroll), and even the breed of a dragon, so why shouldn't we change their gender?
Because we need some constant thing or otherwise breeding for certain things gets way too boring ;)

Plus the sex change scrolls would need a HUGE set of conditions to work which is hard to implement for so few things to gain. It is infinitely easier to just buy a new dragon with the fitting genes, colors and sex than to try and introduce an item that has a real possibility of breaking the sites code.
Because we need some constant thing or otherwise breeding for certain things gets way too boring ;)

Plus the sex change scrolls would need a HUGE set of conditions to work which is hard to implement for so few things to gain. It is infinitely easier to just buy a new dragon with the fitting genes, colors and sex than to try and introduce an item that has a real possibility of breaking the sites code.
We have a Pose change scroll suggestion that would be better suited.

1. If players get an imbalance of sexes in their lair, that is their problem, and can be quite easily solved by selling/buying dragons.

2. The pose change scroll would work much better than truly changing the sex of the dragons.

Also, the Scrolls of EY simply change the dragon to its hatchling image and makes it so it can't breed. It doesn't change anything else. The Scroll of Maturity reverses that process so the dragon is available to breed (once its cooldown runs down).

Genes and Breed Changes are the only way to get the majority of breeds and genes into the game, we don't need a sex change scroll to get new sexes into the game, we already have the two we can get through breeding.

Scatter scrolls are a gamble and don't reliably change the colors, they just randomly change them so you could get a good combo, you could get a horrid one.

This would require a lot of recoding to incorporate.

Plus, it would need heavy restrictions to mitigate the impact it would have:

It couldn't not be used on dragons that have offspring (as the coding of the site doesn't allow two males/females to be listed as parents or on nests), I feel it would have to make the dragon infertile so it can't worsen the dragon economy (by allowing two dragons that were previously ineligible to breed)

Plus, chances are, if you are looking for a specific color scheme in a specific sex, it is out there or will soon be out there. There are a LOT of dragons on site and more being added to it every second. Few combos are truly rare, and if there is interest many players would be willing to help you get the combo you want. So there really is no need to take one dragon and change the sex of it.

The ONLY dragons that are not really replaceable in the grand scheme of things are Gen 1s. Since those only come from unhatched eggs, there is no guarantee that you could find an Un-exalted Gen 1 of the right sex and colors. However, I don't think that the changes that would be required and the impact it would most likely have on the game is worth it to make getting gen 1s with the right color sex easier...
We have a Pose change scroll suggestion that would be better suited.

1. If players get an imbalance of sexes in their lair, that is their problem, and can be quite easily solved by selling/buying dragons.

2. The pose change scroll would work much better than truly changing the sex of the dragons.

Also, the Scrolls of EY simply change the dragon to its hatchling image and makes it so it can't breed. It doesn't change anything else. The Scroll of Maturity reverses that process so the dragon is available to breed (once its cooldown runs down).

Genes and Breed Changes are the only way to get the majority of breeds and genes into the game, we don't need a sex change scroll to get new sexes into the game, we already have the two we can get through breeding.

Scatter scrolls are a gamble and don't reliably change the colors, they just randomly change them so you could get a good combo, you could get a horrid one.

This would require a lot of recoding to incorporate.

Plus, it would need heavy restrictions to mitigate the impact it would have:

It couldn't not be used on dragons that have offspring (as the coding of the site doesn't allow two males/females to be listed as parents or on nests), I feel it would have to make the dragon infertile so it can't worsen the dragon economy (by allowing two dragons that were previously ineligible to breed)

Plus, chances are, if you are looking for a specific color scheme in a specific sex, it is out there or will soon be out there. There are a LOT of dragons on site and more being added to it every second. Few combos are truly rare, and if there is interest many players would be willing to help you get the combo you want. So there really is no need to take one dragon and change the sex of it.

The ONLY dragons that are not really replaceable in the grand scheme of things are Gen 1s. Since those only come from unhatched eggs, there is no guarantee that you could find an Un-exalted Gen 1 of the right sex and colors. However, I don't think that the changes that would be required and the impact it would most likely have on the game is worth it to make getting gen 1s with the right color sex easier...

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
You technically choose to have an imbalance of genders. It doesn't happen "randomly", as you have the freedom to go and choose to buy either a male, or a female dragon.
You technically choose to have an imbalance of genders. It doesn't happen "randomly", as you have the freedom to go and choose to buy either a male, or a female dragon.
If you want such an item for breeding purposes, find a matching dragon of the sex you need. The dragon market is saturated enough where you should be able to find one. If you want help finding one let me know.

If you want a sex change item for lore purposes you can state what gender your dragon is in its bio. I've done this with 3+ of my dragons

There are very very limited variables in dragons (element and sex) and I think they should remain unchangable. This is a breeding game after all, much like you want to breed your two same sex dragons for specific offspring, what would be the point of breeding dragons at all if you could just scroll them to your heart's content?
If you want such an item for breeding purposes, find a matching dragon of the sex you need. The dragon market is saturated enough where you should be able to find one. If you want help finding one let me know.

If you want a sex change item for lore purposes you can state what gender your dragon is in its bio. I've done this with 3+ of my dragons

There are very very limited variables in dragons (element and sex) and I think they should remain unchangable. This is a breeding game after all, much like you want to breed your two same sex dragons for specific offspring, what would be the point of breeding dragons at all if you could just scroll them to your heart's content?