Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Must Name Before Exalting
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
No.
No.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="chespin" date=2015-07-05 11:30:09] You're allowed to name your dragons before selling them and once they're not in your lair, they are no longer yours. You had an opportunity to make sure they weren't exalted unnamed and you did not take it. It's your responsibility, not the buyers [/quote] This.
chespin wrote on 2015-07-05:
You're allowed to name your dragons before selling them and once they're not in your lair, they are no longer yours. You had an opportunity to make sure they weren't exalted unnamed and you did not take it. It's your responsibility, not the buyers

This.
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
I agree on naming before selling....that's what I do. Most people don't mind the names in AH so long as they are decent and nothing stupid. :) But if they don't sell in the seven days I post all my hatchlings for, they are already grown up and I usually jut level them up myself in the coli and sell them once they get to a certain level.
I agree on naming before selling....that's what I do. Most people don't mind the names in AH so long as they are decent and nothing stupid. :) But if they don't sell in the seven days I post all my hatchlings for, they are already grown up and I usually jut level them up myself in the coli and sell them once they get to a certain level.
93158198.png Zeph (26)
They/Them
FR time +3
Support, all dragons exalted must be named. It's the highest honour of any dragon to be exalted and as such respect of this is required. If someone chooses to call there dragons unnamed / not named that's their choice but some thought and consideration must go into it.

I'd like when you hit exalt for a 'true' unnamed a message to come up explaining exalting and why it's respectful that all dragons are named.

The randomise button should still work but only suggest one syllable names such as white, snow, grass, black, luck etc etc all in lower case to suggest that a destiny was chosen for these lucky creatures from birth.
Support, all dragons exalted must be named. It's the highest honour of any dragon to be exalted and as such respect of this is required. If someone chooses to call there dragons unnamed / not named that's their choice but some thought and consideration must go into it.

I'd like when you hit exalt for a 'true' unnamed a message to come up explaining exalting and why it's respectful that all dragons are named.

The randomise button should still work but only suggest one syllable names such as white, snow, grass, black, luck etc etc all in lower case to suggest that a destiny was chosen for these lucky creatures from birth.
7ht7.jpg
[quote name="Infectionary" date=2015-07-05 14:05:41] [quote name="DragonSage" date=2015-07-05 11:42:47] No support. My biggest issue with suggestions that prevent unnamed dragon thing is that once a player sells a dragon, they have no say on what the purchaser does with the dragon. If a seller does not like unnamed dragons on their dragons' offspring list, they should name the hatchlings before they sell them and not expect the purchaser to do so or suggest the game be changed to force names upon dragons. Once a dragon is sold the seller has no say on what is done with that dragon; if unnamed dragons bother them, it is their responsibility to name the dragons before selling them. There have been several polls that have shown that most players aren't bothered by a pre-named dragon Players exalt dragons unnamed for a variety of reasons. --To differentiate exalted dragons from existing dragons on an offspring list. (IE they exalt their hatchlings unnamed; if they sell they generally get a name so its easy to tell at a glance who it is worth checking up on to see what that dragon has been up to) --Some exalters prefer to exalt unnamed to avoid 'potentially harassing names' (IE the Mulch mess) --Some exalters don't care if the dragon is named or not but don't want dragons automatically named when they exalt because it will slow them down (the system will have to update the name field and mark the dragon as exalted) when compared to pre-named dragons. ----If unnamed dragons were given a default name upon exalting (rather than a randomized name), it still wouldn't solve the issue for many of the players who have an issue with unnamed dragons (which generally is its 'ugly' or complaing about having multiple of the same name on the list); these players would likely feel the same about a 'default' name. --Some players exalt dragons for story reasons: ----Unnamed hatchlings may have been ones that died as a hatchling ----Unnamed dragons may not have earned a name ----Unnamed dragons essentially do not exist in their story/head canon for certain pairs perhaps because they are trying to breed certain offspring and any that are not to the right characteristics are exalted unnamed ----Unnamed can mean something completely different from Nameless. Unnamed suggests the dragon never got or earned a name while Nameless suggests they do not deserve a name/lost their name for some reason. Suggestions like this essentially state that the breeder is more important than the buyer (since the argument tends to be that the unnnamed exalted offspring appear on the parents' page) which is incorrect since when you buy a dragon; you buy all rights to that dragon including the name or lack there of. The breeder seller has already been compensated for the dragon as they got the sales price they asked for. The exalter may have reasons for exalting unnamed (for example the dragon they exalted unnamed may have been used for a breeding project where they wanted unnamed parents or the dragon exalted unnamed may be referenced in their active clan members' profiles) and it is their right to be able to leave the dragon they exalted unnamed because it is their dragon. Dragons that are exalted are still tied to the account that exalted them (if you move flights all the dragons you exalted move with you) thus technically the owner of the dragon is the player who exalted them since they are still tied to that account. The admins are working on a way to collapse exalted offspring so that they do not have to be visible if a player doesn't want to see them [/quote] [/quote] Still feel the same about this suggestion.
Infectionary wrote on 2015-07-05:
DragonSage wrote on 2015-07-05:
No support. My biggest issue with suggestions that prevent unnamed dragon thing is that once a player sells a dragon, they have no say on what the purchaser does with the dragon. If a seller does not like unnamed dragons on their dragons' offspring list, they should name the hatchlings before they sell them and not expect the purchaser to do so or suggest the game be changed to force names upon dragons. Once a dragon is sold the seller has no say on what is done with that dragon; if unnamed dragons bother them, it is their responsibility to name the dragons before selling them. There have been several polls that have shown that most players aren't bothered by a pre-named dragon

Players exalt dragons unnamed for a variety of reasons.
--To differentiate exalted dragons from existing dragons on an offspring list. (IE they exalt their hatchlings unnamed; if they sell they generally get a name so its easy to tell at a glance who it is worth checking up on to see what that dragon has been up to)
--Some exalters prefer to exalt unnamed to avoid 'potentially harassing names' (IE the Mulch mess)
--Some exalters don't care if the dragon is named or not but don't want dragons automatically named when they exalt because it will slow them down (the system will have to update the name field and mark the dragon as exalted) when compared to pre-named dragons.
----If unnamed dragons were given a default name upon exalting (rather than a randomized name), it still wouldn't solve the issue for many of the players who have an issue with unnamed dragons (which generally is its 'ugly' or complaing about having multiple of the same name on the list); these players would likely feel the same about a 'default' name.
--Some players exalt dragons for story reasons:
----Unnamed hatchlings may have been ones that died as a hatchling
----Unnamed dragons may not have earned a name
----Unnamed dragons essentially do not exist in their story/head canon for certain pairs perhaps because they are trying to breed certain offspring and any that are not to the right characteristics are exalted unnamed
----Unnamed can mean something completely different from Nameless. Unnamed suggests the dragon never got or earned a name while Nameless suggests they do not deserve a name/lost their name for some reason.

Suggestions like this essentially state that the breeder is more important than the buyer (since the argument tends to be that the unnnamed exalted offspring appear on the parents' page) which is incorrect since when you buy a dragon; you buy all rights to that dragon including the name or lack there of. The breeder seller has already been compensated for the dragon as they got the sales price they asked for. The exalter may have reasons for exalting unnamed (for example the dragon they exalted unnamed may have been used for a breeding project where they wanted unnamed parents or the dragon exalted unnamed may be referenced in their active clan members' profiles) and it is their right to be able to leave the dragon they exalted unnamed because it is their dragon.

Dragons that are exalted are still tied to the account that exalted them (if you move flights all the dragons you exalted move with you) thus technically the owner of the dragon is the player who exalted them since they are still tied to that account.

The admins are working on a way to collapse exalted offspring so that they do not have to be visible if a player doesn't want to see them

Still feel the same about this suggestion.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
@Stargazers

You cannot name a dragon unnamed.
@Stargazers

You cannot name a dragon unnamed.
Support. Actually, I support dragons being born named with one free name change; they are sentient beings and no human would let a baby go into the world unnamed. If someone wants a dragon unnamed for lore reasons, then they could name them noname or notnamed or suchlike with a rename scroll.

Since this isn't a thing, I usually name my dragons before selling them.
Support. Actually, I support dragons being born named with one free name change; they are sentient beings and no human would let a baby go into the world unnamed. If someone wants a dragon unnamed for lore reasons, then they could name them noname or notnamed or suchlike with a rename scroll.

Since this isn't a thing, I usually name my dragons before selling them.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
@Lightning

I'd actually support this if I could name them Unnamed afterwards. its a lot easier on the eyas then Not named. Since my dragons are Not 'Not named' but Unnamed.
@Lightning

I'd actually support this if I could name them Unnamed afterwards. its a lot easier on the eyas then Not named. Since my dragons are Not 'Not named' but Unnamed.
@Ismaiel

You know, if they were born named and renamed Unnamed, then I think it wouldn't bother me as much; I'd assume it was for lore reasons instead of carelessness. I'd support the ability to rename dragons Unnamed if they were born named.
@Ismaiel

You know, if they were born named and renamed Unnamed, then I think it wouldn't bother me as much; I'd assume it was for lore reasons instead of carelessness. I'd support the ability to rename dragons Unnamed if they were born named.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
Support!

Forcing people to name dragons before selling them to avoid Unnamed exalts is stupid. I love seeing what people choose to name my hatchlings and forcing everyone to pay an additional 6k to fix a provided name is ridiculous. If you need to have dragons unnamed for RP reasons just name it NoName or something b/c even that showing up on a offspring list is better than Unnamed. It shows that there is a legitimate reason for the dragon not to have a name rather than just laziness. Exalting a dragon as Unnamed always comes across as being negligent to me. There's even a random name generator. If you're in too much of a hurry to think of a name just press the button once and it'll do it for you. It literally DOESN'T HURT YOU AT ALL and it's basic courtesy on a site where looking up family trees and keeping track of progeny is the basic premise of the whole site.

If you're exalting Unnamed dragons it means you aren't even bothering to level them and it's just as easy for a breeder to do that themselves. Take half a second to thank them for providing your fodder by naming their dragons, it's not that hard.
Support!

Forcing people to name dragons before selling them to avoid Unnamed exalts is stupid. I love seeing what people choose to name my hatchlings and forcing everyone to pay an additional 6k to fix a provided name is ridiculous. If you need to have dragons unnamed for RP reasons just name it NoName or something b/c even that showing up on a offspring list is better than Unnamed. It shows that there is a legitimate reason for the dragon not to have a name rather than just laziness. Exalting a dragon as Unnamed always comes across as being negligent to me. There's even a random name generator. If you're in too much of a hurry to think of a name just press the button once and it'll do it for you. It literally DOESN'T HURT YOU AT ALL and it's basic courtesy on a site where looking up family trees and keeping track of progeny is the basic premise of the whole site.

If you're exalting Unnamed dragons it means you aren't even bothering to level them and it's just as easy for a breeder to do that themselves. Take half a second to thank them for providing your fodder by naming their dragons, it's not that hard.
15676646.pnggrimmjow_avatar_by_direncefe-d5yea2j.pngurl.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20