Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Breed] Foxwings (More Art)
1 2 3 4
So I came up with another breed idea :)
Sorry I'm not the best artist!
Female:
0_zpsxcblvf2y.jpg

Male:
01111_zpsuzialteq.jpg

Baby:
0111_zpsd97l0n2q.jpg

-Edit-
\With Moose antlers\
011_zps0ckfgdtq.jpg
My Attempt At Digital (HUGE FAIL):
Foxwing_zps9bjoawjd.png

Overview
Foxwings thrive, although in short numbers, in many regions. They are a scarce, but hardy breed.

Physical Attributes
Foxwings are slender, covered in luxurious fur and have a small pair of feathered wings jointed at the hips. They are flightless, but can glide great distances and are very agile and graceful. Foxwings have long antlers and triangular sparkling eyes. Foxwings coats are some of the softest fur known to dragon kind. They are a medium sized breed, but the males tend to be larger. Although they are small in number, they actually breed at a quicker rate than most dragons of their rarity and tend to live long lives.

Social
Foxwings are not at all social. They avoid contact with most other species and even interact with as most minimal contact with their own breed as possible. This excludes their mates, in fact, Foxwings build some of the strongest of relationships and are often very devoted to their partner. The rare exception where they will be more sociable with other dragons is during celebrations or gatherings; a strange behaviour for this mostly solitaire breed. It is rumored the Foxwings are secretly huge party animals. Foxwings have a very complex cultural view and believe in many different forms of entities and tales that most dragons have long forgotten.

Lairs
Foxwings dig elaborately large lairs due to their belief that this will confuse evil spirits and protect their nests. These tunnels consist of many different chambers, dead ends, bolt holes and exits. They also constantly change their lairs and relocate nests. Their lairs are very warm and secure places for their breed.

Tactics
These dragons are very flexible and swift. They have an advantage of being quick and able to evade attacks with ease.

Any thoughts?
So I came up with another breed idea :)
Sorry I'm not the best artist!
Female:
0_zpsxcblvf2y.jpg

Male:
01111_zpsuzialteq.jpg

Baby:
0111_zpsd97l0n2q.jpg

-Edit-
\With Moose antlers\
011_zps0ckfgdtq.jpg
My Attempt At Digital (HUGE FAIL):
Foxwing_zps9bjoawjd.png

Overview
Foxwings thrive, although in short numbers, in many regions. They are a scarce, but hardy breed.

Physical Attributes
Foxwings are slender, covered in luxurious fur and have a small pair of feathered wings jointed at the hips. They are flightless, but can glide great distances and are very agile and graceful. Foxwings have long antlers and triangular sparkling eyes. Foxwings coats are some of the softest fur known to dragon kind. They are a medium sized breed, but the males tend to be larger. Although they are small in number, they actually breed at a quicker rate than most dragons of their rarity and tend to live long lives.

Social
Foxwings are not at all social. They avoid contact with most other species and even interact with as most minimal contact with their own breed as possible. This excludes their mates, in fact, Foxwings build some of the strongest of relationships and are often very devoted to their partner. The rare exception where they will be more sociable with other dragons is during celebrations or gatherings; a strange behaviour for this mostly solitaire breed. It is rumored the Foxwings are secretly huge party animals. Foxwings have a very complex cultural view and believe in many different forms of entities and tales that most dragons have long forgotten.

Lairs
Foxwings dig elaborately large lairs due to their belief that this will confuse evil spirits and protect their nests. These tunnels consist of many different chambers, dead ends, bolt holes and exits. They also constantly change their lairs and relocate nests. Their lairs are very warm and secure places for their breed.

Tactics
These dragons are very flexible and swift. They have an advantage of being quick and able to evade attacks with ease.

Any thoughts?
GASP. Fuzzy dragons. Yes!!!

I feel their horns make them a bit too similar to imperials though.
GASP. Fuzzy dragons. Yes!!!

I feel their horns make them a bit too similar to imperials though.
Holy cow, these are flipping awesome! I would love the hecky out of these ;w; I support the need for more fuzzy dragons beside Tundras.

But I agree with Chespin, the horns can be changed to avoid looking like Imperials'.

Maybe make them like a moose or a gazelle? But otherwise, I like these a lot.
Holy cow, these are flipping awesome! I would love the hecky out of these ;w; I support the need for more fuzzy dragons beside Tundras.

But I agree with Chespin, the horns can be changed to avoid looking like Imperials'.

Maybe make them like a moose or a gazelle? But otherwise, I like these a lot.
Mm, face and horns do look a lot like imps, and the body kinda looks like a spiral (not too much, mind, but still) but it's a real nice concept
Mm, face and horns do look a lot like imps, and the body kinda looks like a spiral (not too much, mind, but still) but it's a real nice concept
tumblr_ojt1mcNhC71rc2695o1_400.pngbonsai_wip_tadabam_by_auricolor-dadxgzt.png
@chespin Yeah, I wanted horns, but just couldn't figure out what, maybe hooked or spiralled ones would make them a little more unique

@Teenwolf Thank you :) And good suggestions :)

@tambadabam Yeah, they sorta look like a hybrid of tundras, spirals and Imps, but they have their own originality too. I probably could have done a bit better, but I was happy with how they turned out. Thank you :)
@chespin Yeah, I wanted horns, but just couldn't figure out what, maybe hooked or spiralled ones would make them a little more unique

@Teenwolf Thank you :) And good suggestions :)

@tambadabam Yeah, they sorta look like a hybrid of tundras, spirals and Imps, but they have their own originality too. I probably could have done a bit better, but I was happy with how they turned out. Thank you :)
Note to self: Unicorn horns maybe?
Note to self: Unicorn horns maybe?
le gasp. give them ram horns >:D
le gasp. give them ram horns >:D
THESE BUT WITH RAM HORNS! Or moose. I am partial to moose
THESE BUT WITH RAM HORNS! Or moose. I am partial to moose
pancatcher.png bzzZrFR.jpg
As mentioned, very much like Imps.
Also, I can't help but notice the placement of the wings and am a bit confused as to how that would work out o.o
I would also make the wings look a bit more feathery, as even imp wings look similar (though imp wings are apparently leather)

Still cute though!
As mentioned, very much like Imps.
Also, I can't help but notice the placement of the wings and am a bit confused as to how that would work out o.o
I would also make the wings look a bit more feathery, as even imp wings look similar (though imp wings are apparently leather)

Still cute though!
TOW2n3q.png
@Kayle and @Aazhie Thanks for the feedback guys, suggestions are helpful :) The reason I would prefer moose over ram horns is because ram horns might interfere with the roundhorn apparel items, but Idk :P
@Kayle and @Aazhie Thanks for the feedback guys, suggestions are helpful :) The reason I would prefer moose over ram horns is because ram horns might interfere with the roundhorn apparel items, but Idk :P
1 2 3 4