Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bring back egg rot!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30
I think that it would be a good mechanic if a user wasn't online to hatch eggs for a very long period of time (say, one or two months). Yes, it would be a very long time to wait if you're trying to trash nests for your dragons'/lair's lore, but then it wouldn't be such a pressing matter for users who can't be online for extended periods of time.
I think that it would be a good mechanic if a user wasn't online to hatch eggs for a very long period of time (say, one or two months). Yes, it would be a very long time to wait if you're trying to trash nests for your dragons'/lair's lore, but then it wouldn't be such a pressing matter for users who can't be online for extended periods of time.
photofunky.gif
@Jacq The only problem I have is this: I have been hospilitized for days, even weeks at a time with no way of getting to my computer. What happens then? Do my dragons eggs rot because I was so sick I couldnt get online for a few seconds?
@Jacq The only problem I have is this: I have been hospilitized for days, even weeks at a time with no way of getting to my computer. What happens then? Do my dragons eggs rot because I was so sick I couldnt get online for a few seconds?
unknown.png
I did, but feel that the OP could use restructuring what you feel are "reasons". Right now much of the argument feels like is in the response section and not very clear. Bullet points at the top of the thread to make them stand out perhaps?

I don't know the reason for why it was taken down in the first place, but I didn't feel that the mechanic added to the site then either, both in programming and flavor. It doesn't cut down on the dragon population and most likely affect those perma leavers who never come back (which has no affect on the site) or those who go on vacation or have something come up in their lives (negative affect). Difference of opinion, I suppose.
I did, but feel that the OP could use restructuring what you feel are "reasons". Right now much of the argument feels like is in the response section and not very clear. Bullet points at the top of the thread to make them stand out perhaps?

I don't know the reason for why it was taken down in the first place, but I didn't feel that the mechanic added to the site then either, both in programming and flavor. It doesn't cut down on the dragon population and most likely affect those perma leavers who never come back (which has no affect on the site) or those who go on vacation or have something come up in their lives (negative affect). Difference of opinion, I suppose.
Or, you could make it an option that the user can activate themselves.

Have a button (with LOTS of warning windows before you can actually trash a nest) that lets you scrap an entire nest. The button would have to have a substantial cooldown period (more than a week, less than a month), and you'd have to trash the entire nest (no picking which eggs get trashed and which are saved). That way, if you have a nest that you can't hatch, or you want to trash a nest for lore purposes, you can do so.

It'd also put less stress on the server so it wouldn't have to remember the data for those dragons you trashed (every dragon ever exalted is still in the server's memory).

I'd suggest the button be put FAR AWAY from the Incubate button as well :b
Or, you could make it an option that the user can activate themselves.

Have a button (with LOTS of warning windows before you can actually trash a nest) that lets you scrap an entire nest. The button would have to have a substantial cooldown period (more than a week, less than a month), and you'd have to trash the entire nest (no picking which eggs get trashed and which are saved). That way, if you have a nest that you can't hatch, or you want to trash a nest for lore purposes, you can do so.

It'd also put less stress on the server so it wouldn't have to remember the data for those dragons you trashed (every dragon ever exalted is still in the server's memory).

I'd suggest the button be put FAR AWAY from the Incubate button as well :b
photofunky.gif
I could make a game out of how many people never bothered to read the entire post and just saw "Egg rot" so they ran to grab their pitchforks.

I support. I played when it was a thing and it's not even half as bad as people make it seem.
I could make a game out of how many people never bothered to read the entire post and just saw "Egg rot" so they ran to grab their pitchforks.

I support. I played when it was a thing and it's not even half as bad as people make it seem.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
Support, I want to be able to toss eggs if I accidently breed the wrong pair
Support, I want to be able to toss eggs if I accidently breed the wrong pair
No support. It was taken away for a reason. I did play when it was a thing too. I still have the mark of "2 Eggs Discarded" due to a bug, because hey, I never lost any eggs. I incubated things everyday even though the site was near unplayable. But because of a bug, now I have that on my account settings page forevermore. Slightly annoying.

So yeah. I would also like that removed from my account settings considering we don't have egg rot anymore.
No support. It was taken away for a reason. I did play when it was a thing too. I still have the mark of "2 Eggs Discarded" due to a bug, because hey, I never lost any eggs. I incubated things everyday even though the site was near unplayable. But because of a bug, now I have that on my account settings page forevermore. Slightly annoying.

So yeah. I would also like that removed from my account settings considering we don't have egg rot anymore.
0BrAWFT.png8sbZLoS.png
No support, I recently had to sit on a nest of a rather expensive breeding pair because my other babies weren't selling right away and I didn't want to exalt them. I also sometimes hold off hatching to hatch on specific days (i.e birthdays or holidays), so I'd like to steer clear of egg rot if possible.

EDIT:

However, I would support a button or item (similar to a boon, though not as pricey) that allows players to dump unwanted nests. Perhaps a toggleable option for egg rot, even, but only if the player has some say in whether they want egg rot on/off.
No support, I recently had to sit on a nest of a rather expensive breeding pair because my other babies weren't selling right away and I didn't want to exalt them. I also sometimes hold off hatching to hatch on specific days (i.e birthdays or holidays), so I'd like to steer clear of egg rot if possible.

EDIT:

However, I would support a button or item (similar to a boon, though not as pricey) that allows players to dump unwanted nests. Perhaps a toggleable option for egg rot, even, but only if the player has some say in whether they want egg rot on/off.
V8I0CBG.gif
Honestly, I think I support this. The reasons and methods laid out are all sound.
Honestly, I think I support this. The reasons and methods laid out are all sound.
"Each reality is but the dream of another, and each sleeper a god unknowing."
Hmm. There would have to be an option to keep nests protected even if you couldn't get there.

Maybe you could bank food or the nest would be protected until the dragons come off of breeding cooldown again.

Or maybe designating dragons to take care of nests, which keeps the nest safe, but keeps that or those dragons from breeding.
Hmm. There would have to be an option to keep nests protected even if you couldn't get there.

Maybe you could bank food or the nest would be protected until the dragons come off of breeding cooldown again.

Or maybe designating dragons to take care of nests, which keeps the nest safe, but keeps that or those dragons from breeding.
MagnusSignature_zps08f47bcd.jpg
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30