Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Specific Flight Change Scrolls
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="Sopheroo" date="2014-08-30 20:20:04"]No support.[/quote]
Sopheroo wrote on 2014-08-30 20:20:04:
No support.
@Daxillionyx [quote name="Daxillionyx" date="2014-08-30 21:31:35"]No support for some of the same reasons stated before me. First of all, it's the dragon's heritage, something that cannot, and should not be wiped away just because it looks good to do so. Second of all, there are nest rental services. Third of all, it's a breeding game. And I feel that just making a scroll to change eye color takes away an element of challenge from the game.[/quote] I never thought of the challenge part thanks for bringing that up:) I do agree with that part wholeheartedly However, I did state toward the end of my post (I underlined it just now just in case) to make it very rare and a [i]scroll[/i], so its a one time only use. However I really don't understand the heritage part at all. The eye color only reflects its nest, nothing else. Please clarify?
@Daxillionyx
Daxillionyx wrote on 2014-08-30 21:31:35:
No support for some of the same reasons stated before me.

First of all, it's the dragon's heritage, something that cannot, and should not be wiped away just because it looks good to do so.

Second of all, there are nest rental services.

Third of all, it's a breeding game. And I feel that just making a scroll to change eye color takes away an element of challenge from the game.

I never thought of the challenge part thanks for bringing that up:) I do agree with that part wholeheartedly
However, I did state toward the end of my post (I underlined it just now just in case) to make it very rare and a scroll, so its a one time only use.

However I really don't understand the heritage part at all. The eye color only reflects its nest, nothing else. Please clarify?
@Ryflier The eye color does indeed signify the type of nest the dragon was born in, you are correct. But that in itself is no small thing. One's heritage/roots are very important, even in the human world, and it has a lot to say about who you are. [center] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/6050/604935_350.png[/img] [/center] [u][b]Example: [/b][/u]See the fae in my Avatar? She's the matriarch of my clan, and the very first dragon I ever purchased. Can you tell, just by looking at her picture and nothing else, that she's got a mate from the Earth clan? That she's the mother of over 15 dragons? That she's one of the smallest clan members? Can you tell me ANYTHING that you are absolutely sure is correct to say about her? Yes, you can. Look at those beautiful pink eyes. You can confidently say that she was born in the Arcane realm, and that she can handle the arcane arts. That is correct. Do you have to read that anywhere to know that? No! All you have to do is look at her eyes. You can tell where she is from. You can tell what elements she is strong and weak against. You can tell that she won't fare well against a coli team of nature dragons, but can wreak havoc on a lightning team. You can tell all of that just from looking at her eyes. At her heritage. And that is why it's so important.
@Ryflier The eye color does indeed signify the type of nest the dragon was born in, you are correct. But that in itself is no small thing. One's heritage/roots are very important, even in the human world, and it has a lot to say about who you are.
604935_350.png

Example: See the fae in my Avatar? She's the matriarch of my clan, and the very first dragon I ever purchased.
Can you tell, just by looking at her picture and nothing else, that she's got a mate from the Earth clan? That she's the mother of over 15 dragons? That she's one of the smallest clan members?
Can you tell me ANYTHING that you are absolutely sure is correct to say about her?

Yes, you can. Look at those beautiful pink eyes. You can confidently say that she was born in the Arcane realm, and that she can handle the arcane arts. That is correct.
Do you have to read that anywhere to know that? No!

All you have to do is look at her eyes. You can tell where she is from. You can tell what elements she is strong and weak against. You can tell that she won't fare well against a coli team of nature dragons, but can wreak havoc on a lightning team.

You can tell all of that just from looking at her eyes. At her heritage.

And that is why it's so important.
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
support

I have the same problem.

This is just a game after all.
support

I have the same problem.

This is just a game after all.
Ridgeback King
No support.

The only suggested implementation of something like this that I've ever liked was contact lenses (apparel) for dragons, as a gem item. It would be far cheaper to breed for the dragon you want, but those who want to change the appearance of a certain dragon they already have would be able to buy it, supporting the site in the process and not mass-breeding (which is bad) just to get the dragon they want.
No support.

The only suggested implementation of something like this that I've ever liked was contact lenses (apparel) for dragons, as a gem item. It would be far cheaper to breed for the dragon you want, but those who want to change the appearance of a certain dragon they already have would be able to buy it, supporting the site in the process and not mass-breeding (which is bad) just to get the dragon they want.
Wow people talking about heritage in a game where you can change your dragon's race with a scroll.

Anyway, I support. I see no reason not to have the option. And the addition of more treasure sinks are always welcomed.
Wow people talking about heritage in a game where you can change your dragon's race with a scroll.

Anyway, I support. I see no reason not to have the option. And the addition of more treasure sinks are always welcomed.
No support. You can always breed for the right eyes, and it's a breeding game.

Also, there's been no hate. Everyone's been very polite. Just because people disagree, doesn't mean it's hate.
No support. You can always breed for the right eyes, and it's a breeding game.

Also, there's been no hate. Everyone's been very polite. Just because people disagree, doesn't mean it's hate.
No support.

I think in a breeding game, some things need to stay fixed or we might as well just create custom dragons (which takes away from the importance of the progen). We can already change breed and genes to whatever we desire. We can roll dice and get new colors for our dragons based on what they roll (Scatterscrolls). The only two things that cannot be changed are sex and Flight, and that provides an anchor point.
No support.

I think in a breeding game, some things need to stay fixed or we might as well just create custom dragons (which takes away from the importance of the progen). We can already change breed and genes to whatever we desire. We can roll dice and get new colors for our dragons based on what they roll (Scatterscrolls). The only two things that cannot be changed are sex and Flight, and that provides an anchor point.
[quote name="Guivre" date="2014-08-31 18:58:17"]Wow people talking about heritage in a game where you can change your dragon's race with a scroll. Anyway, I support. I see no reason not to have the option. And the addition of more treasure sinks are always welcomed.[/quote]
Guivre wrote on 2014-08-31 18:58:17:

@Daxillionyx This is a very interesting point I never thought about! However, I view dragons very differently than this. I'm never really close enough to see eye color unless i'm looking at their page when I view all of the details before judging. I do see your point, although I guess we just have different opinions about it which is totally understandable:) @Cytation Oh believe me there's been some interesting mail ahaha! @guivre [quote name="Guivre" date="2014-08-31 18:58:17"]Wow people talking about heritage in a game where you can change your dragon's race with a scroll. Anyway, I support. I see no reason not to have the option. And the addition of more treasure sinks are always welcomed.[/quote] My exact point thank you XD
@Daxillionyx

This is a very interesting point I never thought about! However, I view dragons very differently than this. I'm never really close enough to see eye color unless i'm looking at their page when I view all of the details before judging. I do see your point, although I guess we just have different opinions about it which is totally understandable:)

@Cytation

Oh believe me there's been some interesting mail ahaha!

@guivre
Guivre wrote on 2014-08-31 18:58:17:

My exact point thank you XD
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9