Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Project: Opaline [NEW Accent AGAIN!]
1 2 3 4 5
I would like to be on the ping list.
I would like to be on the ping list.
RK2q3qt.pnguCZgS26.png
oh whoa!! that's such a big project. best of luck for you! :D could I be added to the pinglist?
oh whoa!! that's such a big project. best of luck for you! :D could I be added to the pinglist?
@Wizjonerka
aaah, I know, but it'll be a lot of fun. I'm really looking forward to starting off with this project! :D
thank you for the wishes of luck! uvu
@Wizjonerka
aaah, I know, but it'll be a lot of fun. I'm really looking forward to starting off with this project! :D
thank you for the wishes of luck! uvu
It's extremely pretty even on dragons without opal. I'd buy one for the lone noc male I have at the moment.
It's extremely pretty even on dragons without opal. I'd buy one for the lone noc male I have at the moment.
n4tD6Di.png7J4XPYx.pnglUc1aX6.gifNktZ40v.png
@AlexiCyn
Thank you! I'm really looking forward to the pretty dragons you guys will dress up with these accents! c:
But I need some info on how much people would think is a fair price for these accents, as I haven't had any experience selling self-made accents before. So don't forget to fill out the poll *winks too obviously*
@AlexiCyn
Thank you! I'm really looking forward to the pretty dragons you guys will dress up with these accents! c:
But I need some info on how much people would think is a fair price for these accents, as I haven't had any experience selling self-made accents before. So don't forget to fill out the poll *winks too obviously*
@Starstream @Wizjonerka [center]coming soon! [img]https://i.postimg.cc/vmxbMvY9/20181204-120821.png[/img][/center]
@Starstream @Wizjonerka
coming soon!
20181204-120821.png
Hi, I filled out your poll and would like to share a bit more of my opinion on your project since you seem to be interested in feedback. This is of course only my point of view.
Also the following thoughts are based on my experiences as a skin seller. I have to mention I only draw accents/skins for less popular breeds (no SDs, Imps, Coatls, WCs), so that of course hinders the interest in my accents/skins which are probably not the prettiest accents anyway. But male nocturnes are afaik part of the less popular breeds accent-wise so I think my comparison could be interesting, even though your accent here is very pretty and matches the opal gene perfectly.

I believe it will be very difficult to print only 2 to 3* copies each, of which you'll even keep one. A blueprint for a two-copy package is 1400 g, so it's 700 g per accent which you have to charge at least so the users pay for the blueprint. Now that you are keeping one copy this means an accent has to be at least 1400 g, if you don't want to lose any gems.

*Since there is no three-copy package, printing three copies actually makes the situation even worse. Because an 1-copy package + a two-copy package cost 1000 g + 1400 g = 2400 g which leads to at least 2400 g / 3 = 800 g per accent. (Edit: It helps tho in the case if you want to have the customers pay the blueprint-costs completely, as they'd have to pay 2400 g / 2 = 1200 g each, which is less than the 1400 g in the 2-copy case.)

Most accents sell for around 500 g per copy and afaik many accent buyers are used to this price. So you're limiting the potential buyer group by excluding those who are only interested in accents which are sold for the regular price.

I usually manage to sell my 10-copy packages (for 450 g - 500 g per copy) of each accent I print. Or at least enough copies to make up for the blueprint-price. But it's extremely difficult for me to sell skincents, because they are so expensive (750 g - 800 g in my shop).
And personally I only buy 500 g accents. I pay a bit more if I reaally love the accent, but that's a rare case. (Also skincents I only buy if I really love them, because I don't want to spent > 700 g too often.)
So in your poll I answered with 500 g, even though that's a ridiculous price if there are only two copies available.

Then another problem you could run into: Some colors will be way more popular than others. Maybe you'd be able to sell > 10 copies of ice opaline, but no one is interested in swamp opaline. Though this is not that much of a problem at the beginning of your project, because you could ask others in a poll in which colors they'd be interested in and only create those first.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on this. I wish you good luck and much stamina with your project.
Hi, I filled out your poll and would like to share a bit more of my opinion on your project since you seem to be interested in feedback. This is of course only my point of view.
Also the following thoughts are based on my experiences as a skin seller. I have to mention I only draw accents/skins for less popular breeds (no SDs, Imps, Coatls, WCs), so that of course hinders the interest in my accents/skins which are probably not the prettiest accents anyway. But male nocturnes are afaik part of the less popular breeds accent-wise so I think my comparison could be interesting, even though your accent here is very pretty and matches the opal gene perfectly.

I believe it will be very difficult to print only 2 to 3* copies each, of which you'll even keep one. A blueprint for a two-copy package is 1400 g, so it's 700 g per accent which you have to charge at least so the users pay for the blueprint. Now that you are keeping one copy this means an accent has to be at least 1400 g, if you don't want to lose any gems.

*Since there is no three-copy package, printing three copies actually makes the situation even worse. Because an 1-copy package + a two-copy package cost 1000 g + 1400 g = 2400 g which leads to at least 2400 g / 3 = 800 g per accent. (Edit: It helps tho in the case if you want to have the customers pay the blueprint-costs completely, as they'd have to pay 2400 g / 2 = 1200 g each, which is less than the 1400 g in the 2-copy case.)

Most accents sell for around 500 g per copy and afaik many accent buyers are used to this price. So you're limiting the potential buyer group by excluding those who are only interested in accents which are sold for the regular price.

I usually manage to sell my 10-copy packages (for 450 g - 500 g per copy) of each accent I print. Or at least enough copies to make up for the blueprint-price. But it's extremely difficult for me to sell skincents, because they are so expensive (750 g - 800 g in my shop).
And personally I only buy 500 g accents. I pay a bit more if I reaally love the accent, but that's a rare case. (Also skincents I only buy if I really love them, because I don't want to spent > 700 g too often.)
So in your poll I answered with 500 g, even though that's a ridiculous price if there are only two copies available.

Then another problem you could run into: Some colors will be way more popular than others. Maybe you'd be able to sell > 10 copies of ice opaline, but no one is interested in swamp opaline. Though this is not that much of a problem at the beginning of your project, because you could ask others in a poll in which colors they'd be interested in and only create those first.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on this. I wish you good luck and much stamina with your project.
banner: Kalvin's Skins and Accents light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon

he/him
FR+9

light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon
nature banner floating in wind
@Kalvin

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! While I would really like this to stay a very limited thing, I still see your point in how costly it would be to keep a project running this way. I was originally planning on putting a bit of real money into this for buying gems, but that would be a little crazy. I will put up another poll on the topic of how to proceed! I will definitely make the accents in order of the colors on FR though, because I know I will lose track if I create them in a different order cx

Again, thank you for your feedback! uvu
@Kalvin

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! While I would really like this to stay a very limited thing, I still see your point in how costly it would be to keep a project running this way. I was originally planning on putting a bit of real money into this for buying gems, but that would be a little crazy. I will put up another poll on the topic of how to proceed! I will definitely make the accents in order of the colors on FR though, because I know I will lose track if I create them in a different order cx

Again, thank you for your feedback! uvu
the new poll is up!
you can decide what I will do with the project!

Thank you for your help! c:
the new poll is up!
you can decide what I will do with the project!

Thank you for your help! c:
@Noodless this is such a cool project! I filled out the poll, and please put me on your pinglist ^-^
@Noodless this is such a cool project! I filled out the poll, and please put me on your pinglist ^-^
1 2 3 4 5