Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | {D&D} Princes of the Apocalypse [OOC]
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14
@LoversMasque OK! Please let me know when you've made all your edits to your character sheet, and be sure to answer the questions in this post. (You don't have to edit the answers into your character sheet; you can just tell me.)
@LoversMasque OK! Please let me know when you've made all your edits to your character sheet, and be sure to answer the questions in this post. (You don't have to edit the answers into your character sheet; you can just tell me.)
@Lukra

I can't seem to find the time due to suddenly being in charge of DMing a game of my own... and it seems foreboding that I can't find time to do a sheet that I won't have time to do the campaign

However, I hope you all have a wonderful time playing and wish you the best!
@Lukra

I can't seem to find the time due to suddenly being in charge of DMing a game of my own... and it seems foreboding that I can't find time to do a sheet that I won't have time to do the campaign

However, I hope you all have a wonderful time playing and wish you the best!
cg9IgXW.png ......
the name's sage! | i promise i'm not scary
25 • he / him • neutral good
@Duste Ah, that's too bad, but thanks for letting me know and for the good wishes. Have fun DMing, too!
@Duste Ah, that's too bad, but thanks for letting me know and for the good wishes. Have fun DMing, too!
We will have one more player joining now that someone has dropped out, so I'm waiting for character sheets from them and @LoversMasque.
We will have one more player joining now that someone has dropped out, so I'm waiting for character sheets from them and @LoversMasque.
[b]Character name:[/b] Zadani "Reverence" Thetos [b]Race:[/b] Tiefling [b]Class:[/b] Rogue [b]Gender (pronouns):[/b] Female She/Her [b]Physical description:[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/dvIZIFL.jpg[/img] Reverence is fairly short, standing at only 5"1'. She does not take kindly to people commenting on her height, and has been known to take out her dagger on folks who have mocked her for it. Her skin is a pale pink hue, with her hair being only a few shades darker. She has a pear-shaped physic, but despite her size, is still physically fit. She tends to take extreme care of her horns, which look like a rams'. They will often be in perfect condition, not a single speck of dirt anywhere to be seen. [b]History:[/b] Reverence was raised in a family with 5 children, making the money situation tight. A combination of her parents being Tieflings and a lack of job opportunity, her family had to have everyone work, even her 11 year old brother. So she took to the streets, using her charming smile and quick fingers to con people out of their well-earned money. Since then, she's relied on her talents in the sleight of hand in order to make a living for herself. She was dragged into a small 'gang', if you will, but quickly discovered that they weren't who she thought they were - assassins, not thieves. An innocent woman went to the jailhouse for her crimes, and she promptly left her home city and cut any of the ties she had there. She's started over in a new city, with different routines and a fresh pool of heard-working victims. [b]Miscellaneous information:[/b][LIST] [*] Chaotic Good [*] Hellish Resistance (Resistant to fire damage) [*] Infernal Legacy (Knows Thaumaturgy cantrip) [*] Darkvision (60 ft) [*] Faction: The Zhentarim [/LIST] [b]Weapons and equipment:[/b] Rapier, Short-bow, Leather Armor, 2x Daggers [b]Special capabilities:[/b] [LIST] [*] Sneak Attack: Once per turn, she can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature she hits with an attack with a finesse or ranged weapon if she has advantage on the attack roll. [*] Thieves cant: She has learned thieves’ cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows her to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. [/LIST] [b]Skills:[/b] [LIST] [*]Sleight of Hand (Expertise) [*]Acrobatics [*]Stealth [/LIST] [b]Stat hierarchy:[/b] [LIST] [*] STR: 13 (+1) [*] DEX: 15 (+2) [*] CON: 12 (+1) [*] INT: 15 (+2) [*] WIS: 10 (0) [*] CHA: 10 (0) [/LIST]
Character name: Zadani "Reverence" Thetos

Race: Tiefling

Class: Rogue

Gender (pronouns): Female She/Her

Physical description:
dvIZIFL.jpg

Reverence is fairly short, standing at only 5"1'. She does not take kindly to people commenting on her height, and has been known to take out her dagger on folks who have mocked her for it. Her skin is a pale pink hue, with her hair being only a few shades darker. She has a pear-shaped physic, but despite her size, is still physically fit. She tends to take extreme care of her horns, which look like a rams'. They will often be in perfect condition, not a single speck of dirt anywhere to be seen.

History: Reverence was raised in a family with 5 children, making the money situation tight. A combination of her parents being Tieflings and a lack of job opportunity, her family had to have everyone work, even her 11 year old brother. So she took to the streets, using her charming smile and quick fingers to con people out of their well-earned money.

Since then, she's relied on her talents in the sleight of hand in order to make a living for herself. She was dragged into a small 'gang', if you will, but quickly discovered that they weren't who she thought they were - assassins, not thieves. An innocent woman went to the jailhouse for her crimes, and she promptly left her home city and cut any of the ties she had there. She's started over in a new city, with different routines and a fresh pool of heard-working victims.

Miscellaneous information:
  • Chaotic Good
  • Hellish Resistance (Resistant to fire damage)
  • Infernal Legacy (Knows Thaumaturgy cantrip)
  • Darkvision (60 ft)
  • Faction: The Zhentarim

Weapons and equipment: Rapier, Short-bow, Leather Armor, 2x Daggers

Special capabilities:
  • Sneak Attack: Once per turn, she can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature she hits with an attack with a finesse or ranged weapon if she has advantage on the attack roll.
  • Thieves cant: She has learned thieves’ cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows her to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation.

Skills:
  • Sleight of Hand (Expertise)
  • Acrobatics
  • Stealth

Stat hierarchy:
  • STR: 13 (+1)
  • DEX: 15 (+2)
  • CON: 12 (+1)
  • INT: 15 (+2)
  • WIS: 10 (0)
  • CHA: 10 (0)
tumblr_puqpj1KGx71ugssd3o3_500.png
@Justdevon

Thanks for completing your character sheet! A couple things:

Sneak attack: Combat's a bit simplified in this game so we probably won't have things like advantage on attack rolls and we definitely won't be rolling for damage. That said, you can definitely keep sneak attack on her character sheet; you'll just have to work it into the narrative rather than having it activate automatically as a mechanic. (I.e., rather than saying, "I have advantage on the attack roll, so my sneak attack bonus applies," you might write, "While the bandit is occupied with Fus' attack, Reverence strikes him from behind.")

Also, because of the simplified rules, we probably won't apply Expertise. (This game isn't very stat-focused, TBH.)

For stats, we'll go ahead and use her stats from your DNDBeyond sheet; they look perfectly fine to me so I don't see any reason to reroll. So that's:

Str: 13 (+1)
Dex: 15 (+2)
Con: 12 (+1)
Int: 15 (+2)
Wis: 10 (+0)
Cha: 10 (+0)

(Writing them here mostly so I can copy and paste them into the character roster more easily, TBH.)

Finally, adventure hooks! Given Reverence's background, I would recommend one of the following hooks for her.
- Dangerous Information: she overheard a group of bandits planning a raid and hopes to stop them.
- Strange Map: Reverence acquired (stole?) a map showing the location of a forgotten dwarven stronghold.
- Undercover: Reverence has to break up a smuggling and piracy ring (perhaps assigned by the Zhentarim?).
- Walked Away: some fire cultists tried to recruit Reverence, but she refused. Now she seeks to stop their nefarious activities. (I imagine this would tie in well to her being a tiefling.)
@Justdevon

Thanks for completing your character sheet! A couple things:

Sneak attack: Combat's a bit simplified in this game so we probably won't have things like advantage on attack rolls and we definitely won't be rolling for damage. That said, you can definitely keep sneak attack on her character sheet; you'll just have to work it into the narrative rather than having it activate automatically as a mechanic. (I.e., rather than saying, "I have advantage on the attack roll, so my sneak attack bonus applies," you might write, "While the bandit is occupied with Fus' attack, Reverence strikes him from behind.")

Also, because of the simplified rules, we probably won't apply Expertise. (This game isn't very stat-focused, TBH.)

For stats, we'll go ahead and use her stats from your DNDBeyond sheet; they look perfectly fine to me so I don't see any reason to reroll. So that's:

Str: 13 (+1)
Dex: 15 (+2)
Con: 12 (+1)
Int: 15 (+2)
Wis: 10 (+0)
Cha: 10 (+0)

(Writing them here mostly so I can copy and paste them into the character roster more easily, TBH.)

Finally, adventure hooks! Given Reverence's background, I would recommend one of the following hooks for her.
- Dangerous Information: she overheard a group of bandits planning a raid and hopes to stop them.
- Strange Map: Reverence acquired (stole?) a map showing the location of a forgotten dwarven stronghold.
- Undercover: Reverence has to break up a smuggling and piracy ring (perhaps assigned by the Zhentarim?).
- Walked Away: some fire cultists tried to recruit Reverence, but she refused. Now she seeks to stop their nefarious activities. (I imagine this would tie in well to her being a tiefling.)
@Lukra

Ah okay, I figured i'd just write done everything she could do as a Rogue, I'll make sure to change that. I'll just have to make sure I won't apply the expertise bonus to her rolls on accident xD

For the hook, I love the idea of the "Walked Away" plot-line! I'd love to see how it works itself into the campaign :D
@Lukra

Ah okay, I figured i'd just write done everything she could do as a Rogue, I'll make sure to change that. I'll just have to make sure I won't apply the expertise bonus to her rolls on accident xD

For the hook, I love the idea of the "Walked Away" plot-line! I'd love to see how it works itself into the campaign :D
tumblr_puqpj1KGx71ugssd3o3_500.png
@Justdevon You shouldn't have to worry about that as, for accountability's sake (and to make things easier for players), I'll actually be making all the rolls for this game.

Walked Away sounds good! (I was kind of hoping you'd pick that one, TBH.) I'll add Reverence to the character list, then.
@Justdevon You shouldn't have to worry about that as, for accountability's sake (and to make things easier for players), I'll actually be making all the rolls for this game.

Walked Away sounds good! (I was kind of hoping you'd pick that one, TBH.) I'll add Reverence to the character list, then.
@avespanthera @AbyssRanger @Zerohour @Boborc @Justdevon

We will be launching this campaign tomorrow! I look forward to adventuring with you all!

If at any time you need to drop out, please let me know; we will then write in that your character has either died or left the party.

@LoversMasque I'm afraid I can't continue to wait for you and ask other players who've completed their character sheets to wait for you. Please finish your character sheet by tomorrow if you want to join the campaign as it starts. If you complete your character sheet by the end of the day on Friday, you can still join the RP already in progress. If you need help completing your character sheet, please let me know. I know you've had some extenuating circumstances, but if you do not have time to complete your character sheet, you probably won't have time to participate in this roleplay, either.
@avespanthera @AbyssRanger @Zerohour @Boborc @Justdevon

We will be launching this campaign tomorrow! I look forward to adventuring with you all!

If at any time you need to drop out, please let me know; we will then write in that your character has either died or left the party.

@LoversMasque I'm afraid I can't continue to wait for you and ask other players who've completed their character sheets to wait for you. Please finish your character sheet by tomorrow if you want to join the campaign as it starts. If you complete your character sheet by the end of the day on Friday, you can still join the RP already in progress. If you need help completing your character sheet, please let me know. I know you've had some extenuating circumstances, but if you do not have time to complete your character sheet, you probably won't have time to participate in this roleplay, either.
Awesome! We have a great group of characters, I'm excited to see where things go!

I'd like to give a quick disclaimer that my activity might be spotty late next week due to family obligations for Thanksgiving, but that shouldn't last too long.
Awesome! We have a great group of characters, I'm excited to see where things go!

I'd like to give a quick disclaimer that my activity might be spotty late next week due to family obligations for Thanksgiving, but that shouldn't last too long.
2bfdd77017e6f0289016e6a68045ddb4832f47bf.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14