Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [lf] rp
what an underwhelming title ha hhaah

hello my name is ted, i'm 21, i like **** sapiens, and i like my 1x1's and possible small groups. i like fantasy, urban fantasy, modern, crime, etc. i'm not one for sci-fi. i tend to rp on google docs, but i'm open to accommodating for email, pm's, threads, and/or discord. i am really busy this month because of this 'bootcamp' thing that's going on at my school, but starting october i should be much more free. i'm patient and am perfectly fine with partners with busier schedules.

i've got some ocs, but i do enjoy some fandoms, though i think it'll take me a little long before i remember any aside from haikyuu (i like... the iwaxoiks and waka-boi).

i'm looking for shippy things because i feel unfulfilled............................. (let me play a needy sometimes crybaby man thx)

uhmmm, i hope we can exchange some conversation beforehand before we start (of course for plot and setting and whatnot) but in general i'd love to fall in love with my partner's character and for them to mutually enjoy mine so that we're both truly invested in interactions.
what an underwhelming title ha hhaah

hello my name is ted, i'm 21, i like **** sapiens, and i like my 1x1's and possible small groups. i like fantasy, urban fantasy, modern, crime, etc. i'm not one for sci-fi. i tend to rp on google docs, but i'm open to accommodating for email, pm's, threads, and/or discord. i am really busy this month because of this 'bootcamp' thing that's going on at my school, but starting october i should be much more free. i'm patient and am perfectly fine with partners with busier schedules.

i've got some ocs, but i do enjoy some fandoms, though i think it'll take me a little long before i remember any aside from haikyuu (i like... the iwaxoiks and waka-boi).

i'm looking for shippy things because i feel unfulfilled............................. (let me play a needy sometimes crybaby man thx)

uhmmm, i hope we can exchange some conversation beforehand before we start (of course for plot and setting and whatnot) but in general i'd love to fall in love with my partner's character and for them to mutually enjoy mine so that we're both truly invested in interactions.
Chibi Human Gijinkas/OCs || Art Instagram
YO LOL, I'm R. and boy howdy do I love doin' urban fantasy junk, my dude. Also if you're cruisin for engaging, descriptive character chemistry stuff and slice-of-life with sideplots I'd totally be down with that.

Also I will happily accommodate your needy sometimes crybaby man (lmao) and most of my mains are, like, nurturing renegade types and flamboyant criminals.

I'm pretty much OC-centric and do my own art so that's a thing? What kinda pairings/contrasts are you looking for?
YO LOL, I'm R. and boy howdy do I love doin' urban fantasy junk, my dude. Also if you're cruisin for engaging, descriptive character chemistry stuff and slice-of-life with sideplots I'd totally be down with that.

Also I will happily accommodate your needy sometimes crybaby man (lmao) and most of my mains are, like, nurturing renegade types and flamboyant criminals.

I'm pretty much OC-centric and do my own art so that's a thing? What kinda pairings/contrasts are you looking for?
guWJqa5.gif
@Eject
SDkjf, helloOooO!! I am very much down with that since I don't got any plots on hand at the moment a h ah. Mind if I ask you what your time zone is? I'm 0+ FR time, and I tend to go to sleep at like 9:30 pm like an old man. But also what's your platform o choice?

Ohoho? I got a grumpy mobster and a flamboyant gun-for-hire to interact with your flamboyant criminals, if you'd like. Though... Un f I wanna play my needy sometimes crybaby man. so bad.

yo yo yo, maybe we can exchange art one day of the characters. Hopin' we can get to that point, if this ends up well! As for pairings/contrasts, I do like my happy bois who have terrible tendencies with more serious individuals, as basic as that is >>;; (i've played the latter so much that i'm basically crying to play the former). I think in general I'm down for any pairing as long as it has banter. Lighter, fluffier and nice-nice things are pleasant, too, and I'm down to play them - but maybe a little bit after? since i'm zeroing in on something with a bit more OOMPH. Though, of course, they can always go in with the banter and the other thing. What about you's?
@Eject
SDkjf, helloOooO!! I am very much down with that since I don't got any plots on hand at the moment a h ah. Mind if I ask you what your time zone is? I'm 0+ FR time, and I tend to go to sleep at like 9:30 pm like an old man. But also what's your platform o choice?

Ohoho? I got a grumpy mobster and a flamboyant gun-for-hire to interact with your flamboyant criminals, if you'd like. Though... Un f I wanna play my needy sometimes crybaby man. so bad.

yo yo yo, maybe we can exchange art one day of the characters. Hopin' we can get to that point, if this ends up well! As for pairings/contrasts, I do like my happy bois who have terrible tendencies with more serious individuals, as basic as that is >>;; (i've played the latter so much that i'm basically crying to play the former). I think in general I'm down for any pairing as long as it has banter. Lighter, fluffier and nice-nice things are pleasant, too, and I'm down to play them - but maybe a little bit after? since i'm zeroing in on something with a bit more OOMPH. Though, of course, they can always go in with the banter and the other thing. What about you's?
WELL DAMN, we're on more or less the same timezone (I'm PT/PST) so FR time. Nice. I'm a total nightowl tho and work during the evening. UHHHH platform wise? let's see. I mean I can do GDocs just fine, or email or discord or whatever, it's all pretty much the same to me as far as convenience, so let's say dealer's choice.

I will totes state that in no way does my ridiculous heistmaster require mutual felon interaction lmao. The dude I've got in mind is just as pro-chemistry with civilians even tho he spends 1/3rd of his time robbing the rich ones, lol. NO PROB. I'll happily provide the serious side cuz I love facilitating! And I've got a number of alts that could work for all kinds of stuff (most aren't professional criminals at least), all super fleshed out n' longstanding.

Also heck yeah RP art-nonsense is my lifeblood. B)

The fantasy element can be a big fun twist on the modern urban genre, too. Love playing with it tbh. What do you like incorporating in that vein? Cuz I'm happy with anything from concealed parahumans & covert magic to like, out-in-the-open societal integration with said fantasy.

WELL DAMN, we're on more or less the same timezone (I'm PT/PST) so FR time. Nice. I'm a total nightowl tho and work during the evening. UHHHH platform wise? let's see. I mean I can do GDocs just fine, or email or discord or whatever, it's all pretty much the same to me as far as convenience, so let's say dealer's choice.

I will totes state that in no way does my ridiculous heistmaster require mutual felon interaction lmao. The dude I've got in mind is just as pro-chemistry with civilians even tho he spends 1/3rd of his time robbing the rich ones, lol. NO PROB. I'll happily provide the serious side cuz I love facilitating! And I've got a number of alts that could work for all kinds of stuff (most aren't professional criminals at least), all super fleshed out n' longstanding.

Also heck yeah RP art-nonsense is my lifeblood. B)

The fantasy element can be a big fun twist on the modern urban genre, too. Love playing with it tbh. What do you like incorporating in that vein? Cuz I'm happy with anything from concealed parahumans & covert magic to like, out-in-the-open societal integration with said fantasy.

guWJqa5.gif
@Eject
Neato! HmmMmm, let's go with e-mail? You lookin for 2 para's, 1 para's, or the convo back and forths? I like bouncing between whatever the rp calls for but i am down if you want to set like an actual expectation. Also: present tense or past?

Aw, nice! So many kids o' mine need fleshing out smh. [insert haughty laugh here] Willing to share any tips? but, yoo!! i'm very excited. thanks so much for hittin me up!!

I tend to go with the former since I haven't played with the out-in-the-open stuff at all (i mean i have a unsettling, dweeb of a faerie duke of sorts that lives in their own fae society but it's technically still hidden??), but I'm willing to go for it if you want. Outta curiosity, what are your thoughts on the post-apocalyptic genre? Not sure if you wanna incorporate fantasy elements into that either, but? Yea, post-apoco. Thoughts?

D'you have any specific ocs in mind that you'd like to play? I'm a little frazzled right now, so I'm not sure what I can provide off the top of my head, but I can go for dinky crybaby man right now since he's already been mentioned:

Boy's name is Nick. 5'11". Green eyes, red hair. Has a bit of fire magic and telekinesis. In his teen to early 20's, he was just the biggest instigator. Moving to the U.S. from Ireland, was homeless for awhile after some ****. Spent that time lifting pocket change from people and pushing out lies to scam some people out of money. Evens out later to work at a diner upon intervention from a sudden reunion with a childhood friend after one of his lies got someone's spine broken out of self defense and his left wrist shattered. Uses colloquialisms such as "Gosh" "Golly" etc. Uh, personality wise he's an instigator, impish, and petty, but otherwise a pretty ":D" sorta guy. He chills the heck out around his late 20s-early 30s. I can rp him while he's homeless or after he's settled down into a more healthy lifestyle. I tend to bring up the former for the sake that he introduces a potential plot point in his nonsense.

@Eject
Neato! HmmMmm, let's go with e-mail? You lookin for 2 para's, 1 para's, or the convo back and forths? I like bouncing between whatever the rp calls for but i am down if you want to set like an actual expectation. Also: present tense or past?

Aw, nice! So many kids o' mine need fleshing out smh. [insert haughty laugh here] Willing to share any tips? but, yoo!! i'm very excited. thanks so much for hittin me up!!

I tend to go with the former since I haven't played with the out-in-the-open stuff at all (i mean i have a unsettling, dweeb of a faerie duke of sorts that lives in their own fae society but it's technically still hidden??), but I'm willing to go for it if you want. Outta curiosity, what are your thoughts on the post-apocalyptic genre? Not sure if you wanna incorporate fantasy elements into that either, but? Yea, post-apoco. Thoughts?

D'you have any specific ocs in mind that you'd like to play? I'm a little frazzled right now, so I'm not sure what I can provide off the top of my head, but I can go for dinky crybaby man right now since he's already been mentioned:

Boy's name is Nick. 5'11". Green eyes, red hair. Has a bit of fire magic and telekinesis. In his teen to early 20's, he was just the biggest instigator. Moving to the U.S. from Ireland, was homeless for awhile after some ****. Spent that time lifting pocket change from people and pushing out lies to scam some people out of money. Evens out later to work at a diner upon intervention from a sudden reunion with a childhood friend after one of his lies got someone's spine broken out of self defense and his left wrist shattered. Uses colloquialisms such as "Gosh" "Golly" etc. Uh, personality wise he's an instigator, impish, and petty, but otherwise a pretty ":D" sorta guy. He chills the heck out around his late 20s-early 30s. I can rp him while he's homeless or after he's settled down into a more healthy lifestyle. I tend to bring up the former for the sake that he introduces a potential plot point in his nonsense.

WHOOPS, sorry a bout the wait! Had an unexpected disc call that went pretty late into the evening. OK, SO.

I'm more than comfy with anything from rapid-fire convo scenes to multi-para, and generally average anywhere from 2 to, uhh, 10+ paragraphs depending on how much description I'm obsessive-compulsively inspired to dish out, lol? I have zero expectations for lengthmatching because of that so don't even worry about it, mang. I have a hard time monitoring my tense switches so it might vary, depending on the narrative flow and how certain actions are presented? idk if that makes sense, OTL

LOOOOVE POST-APOC. Also, dystopian elements. Next to semi-futuristic urban scifi, I'd say those are my next most frequently played settings. So hell yes if you wanna go that route, I'm all for it!

Nick sounds like a total doll. And after mulling it over a bit I think I'm gonna adapt a main OC I've got named Relic. He's usually fantasy based, but I think since Nick has experience with fire magic, it might be an interesting combo!

I'll go with your description format to give you an idea of him, hope that's okay!

Relic is pretty much nonexistent as far as being around humans go, cuz he’s a mechanical construct and looks pretty weird. About 6’4”, early-30’s, gaunt, quiffed white hair, empty eyes cuz there’s literally nothing in there. He was designed in the early 18th century by an alchemist-mechanist who made a deal with a Djinn cartel to trade them precious gems/metals/art in exchange for like, arcane blueprints and a tiny bit of Djinn "fire" to fuel his creations. (Yes I know this sounds a bit pretentious and silly LOL but bear with me.)

The dude who designed Relic fueled him with Djinn fire, and used him to pay off his debts to the cartel by turning him into a hi-tech thief, which was a lot easier back then cuz there wasn’t tech like motion sensors and digital locking mechanisms. Anyway the dude died, Relic was hitched with the debt, and he’s spent the last century or so modding himself and adapting to new forms of security.

Personality wise he’s an on-the-spectrum sweetheart with complicated morals.
</end rambling>

Anyway I think this mishmash might be hilarious and fun and I apologize for the convolution. Wink
WHOOPS, sorry a bout the wait! Had an unexpected disc call that went pretty late into the evening. OK, SO.

I'm more than comfy with anything from rapid-fire convo scenes to multi-para, and generally average anywhere from 2 to, uhh, 10+ paragraphs depending on how much description I'm obsessive-compulsively inspired to dish out, lol? I have zero expectations for lengthmatching because of that so don't even worry about it, mang. I have a hard time monitoring my tense switches so it might vary, depending on the narrative flow and how certain actions are presented? idk if that makes sense, OTL

LOOOOVE POST-APOC. Also, dystopian elements. Next to semi-futuristic urban scifi, I'd say those are my next most frequently played settings. So hell yes if you wanna go that route, I'm all for it!

Nick sounds like a total doll. And after mulling it over a bit I think I'm gonna adapt a main OC I've got named Relic. He's usually fantasy based, but I think since Nick has experience with fire magic, it might be an interesting combo!

I'll go with your description format to give you an idea of him, hope that's okay!

Relic is pretty much nonexistent as far as being around humans go, cuz he’s a mechanical construct and looks pretty weird. About 6’4”, early-30’s, gaunt, quiffed white hair, empty eyes cuz there’s literally nothing in there. He was designed in the early 18th century by an alchemist-mechanist who made a deal with a Djinn cartel to trade them precious gems/metals/art in exchange for like, arcane blueprints and a tiny bit of Djinn "fire" to fuel his creations. (Yes I know this sounds a bit pretentious and silly LOL but bear with me.)

The dude who designed Relic fueled him with Djinn fire, and used him to pay off his debts to the cartel by turning him into a hi-tech thief, which was a lot easier back then cuz there wasn’t tech like motion sensors and digital locking mechanisms. Anyway the dude died, Relic was hitched with the debt, and he’s spent the last century or so modding himself and adapting to new forms of security.

Personality wise he’s an on-the-spectrum sweetheart with complicated morals.
</end rambling>

Anyway I think this mishmash might be hilarious and fun and I apologize for the convolution. Wink
guWJqa5.gif

Btw my discord tag is Gravity#2272 if you wanna chat there. B)

Btw my discord tag is Gravity#2272 if you wanna chat there. B)
guWJqa5.gif
@Eject
yooo, i gets it. Calls are always like gambles for me? never know how long they're gonna last, even when you plan on it bein short.

and, yeah! makes plenty sense. i'm more used to present tense, though i've been strongarmed into past tense with one of my partners lately, so my own tenses have been swapping around - though entirely for the reason of me struggling lmao.

love meself some post-apo-po. god, have no idea if we wanna go with that or something else? what the hell is genre? cos boy oh boy, i love em all hell yea.

oh wow!! that lore tho MMPH!!! so good!!

I'll send you a friend request real quick! Though, i'm always on 'appear offline' and i can't guarantee any speedy responses >w>;; Just got back from bootcamp, still gotta shower, and I'm not very good with organizing my time, no-no.
@Eject
yooo, i gets it. Calls are always like gambles for me? never know how long they're gonna last, even when you plan on it bein short.

and, yeah! makes plenty sense. i'm more used to present tense, though i've been strongarmed into past tense with one of my partners lately, so my own tenses have been swapping around - though entirely for the reason of me struggling lmao.

love meself some post-apo-po. god, have no idea if we wanna go with that or something else? what the hell is genre? cos boy oh boy, i love em all hell yea.

oh wow!! that lore tho MMPH!!! so good!!

I'll send you a friend request real quick! Though, i'm always on 'appear offline' and i can't guarantee any speedy responses >w>;; Just got back from bootcamp, still gotta shower, and I'm not very good with organizing my time, no-no.