Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Where The Waves Take Us [IC]
1 2
A pleasant breeze sweeps through the seaside town, bringing with it the tang of salt. Waves lap at the sand, and a large wooden ship stands tall in the harbor, its masts stretching upwards into the blue sky. Seagulls cry out from above. A forest surrounds the edge of the town, it's green leaves vibrant in the summer sun. People fill the cobblestone roads, hurrying off to who knows where. And then there's you, perhaps you are with them on the street, or maybe you're watching from your window, or sitting on the sand. Whatever the situation is you’re here, and whatever happens next is for you to decide.

The story is for us to create, it can be anything. Let the rp shape it self. Anyways, I'm hoping this will be kinda small, perhaps 5 people not including myself. Please don’t post your character here, put it on the OOC thread
Just some things to note, this'll be a pretty causal rp, so if you're busy one day don't worry about having to post anything. And when you do post don't feel pressured to write a full novel, a paragraph or two is fine. Once we get everyone we will start.
A pleasant breeze sweeps through the seaside town, bringing with it the tang of salt. Waves lap at the sand, and a large wooden ship stands tall in the harbor, its masts stretching upwards into the blue sky. Seagulls cry out from above. A forest surrounds the edge of the town, it's green leaves vibrant in the summer sun. People fill the cobblestone roads, hurrying off to who knows where. And then there's you, perhaps you are with them on the street, or maybe you're watching from your window, or sitting on the sand. Whatever the situation is you’re here, and whatever happens next is for you to decide.

The story is for us to create, it can be anything. Let the rp shape it self. Anyways, I'm hoping this will be kinda small, perhaps 5 people not including myself. Please don’t post your character here, put it on the OOC thread
Just some things to note, this'll be a pretty causal rp, so if you're busy one day don't worry about having to post anything. And when you do post don't feel pressured to write a full novel, a paragraph or two is fine. Once we get everyone we will start.
npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gif
Maro took a deep breath of salty air, the water going up to her ankles. It was a lovely day, the sun high and bright in the sky. The sand where everywhere, in her hair, her clothes, her skin, her feet. It stretched out from left to right, as far as the eye could see, beautiful tan grains. If one looked back they could see the town and trees, but she focused on the strange, restless creature in front of her.
The sea. What secrets it held, sunken wooden ships, sailors long gone, there clothes worn away by salt. Waves tumbled up and crashed back down, a never ending cycle. This vast expanse of grey and blue was why she had come. Today she had given herself a break, today's trip was sheerly for pleasure.
She pulled out her notebook from the small bag she was carrying and began to doodle without much thought. Swirling walls of water took shape, and beneath, darkness unknown.
Maro took a deep breath of salty air, the water going up to her ankles. It was a lovely day, the sun high and bright in the sky. The sand where everywhere, in her hair, her clothes, her skin, her feet. It stretched out from left to right, as far as the eye could see, beautiful tan grains. If one looked back they could see the town and trees, but she focused on the strange, restless creature in front of her.
The sea. What secrets it held, sunken wooden ships, sailors long gone, there clothes worn away by salt. Waves tumbled up and crashed back down, a never ending cycle. This vast expanse of grey and blue was why she had come. Today she had given herself a break, today's trip was sheerly for pleasure.
She pulled out her notebook from the small bag she was carrying and began to doodle without much thought. Swirling walls of water took shape, and beneath, darkness unknown.
Cloud bounced along the shore, the waves occasionally nipping playfully at her feet. Her short mint-green dress that complimented her eyes billowed in the wind and the long white silk ribbon tied around her neck danced and intertwined with the breeze.
She gazed at the sky and at the people, waving to everyone and continuing her skip along the shoreline. She grinned at the sun and twirled as cool water lapped over her feet.
She kneeled down and gently pat the ocean as if it were a purring fluffy friend and whispered, "I love you too!"
The water seemed to rise and curl around her feet in response and washed away again, leaving her on her journey and she continued down the twinkling sandy beach.
Cloud bounced along the shore, the waves occasionally nipping playfully at her feet. Her short mint-green dress that complimented her eyes billowed in the wind and the long white silk ribbon tied around her neck danced and intertwined with the breeze.
She gazed at the sky and at the people, waving to everyone and continuing her skip along the shoreline. She grinned at the sun and twirled as cool water lapped over her feet.
She kneeled down and gently pat the ocean as if it were a purring fluffy friend and whispered, "I love you too!"
The water seemed to rise and curl around her feet in response and washed away again, leaving her on her journey and she continued down the twinkling sandy beach.
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif || drearie
|| she/her
|| bi
|| worm king
|| anthem
Olive started her morning with her first task of today, she had to help the local post office with delivering the mail around the town. It seemed as one of the regulars was off sick and they had called her service up to help. She was more than happy to take anything that came her way but always within reason it was something she could do.
With a bundle of mail at her side, Olive set off down the sandy streets of the seaside town; occasionally stopping to appreciate the view of the seaside town with the gentle breeze playing with her hair, walking down the slope towards the seaside, her hair tickled her face. Mid-way down the slope Olive stopped to tuck the stray strands behind her ear and looked out towards the sea, she used the letters in her other hand to deflect the the morning suns rays and get a better peak at the glittering sea.

The salty breeze was refreshing and the moment of solitude as there was barely anyone around made Olive smile and break out into humming a tune that she heard ages ago and could not remember the words to.
Olive started her morning with her first task of today, she had to help the local post office with delivering the mail around the town. It seemed as one of the regulars was off sick and they had called her service up to help. She was more than happy to take anything that came her way but always within reason it was something she could do.
With a bundle of mail at her side, Olive set off down the sandy streets of the seaside town; occasionally stopping to appreciate the view of the seaside town with the gentle breeze playing with her hair, walking down the slope towards the seaside, her hair tickled her face. Mid-way down the slope Olive stopped to tuck the stray strands behind her ear and looked out towards the sea, she used the letters in her other hand to deflect the the morning suns rays and get a better peak at the glittering sea.

The salty breeze was refreshing and the moment of solitude as there was barely anyone around made Olive smile and break out into humming a tune that she heard ages ago and could not remember the words to.
8HRS Ahead of FR Time
Maro herd feet landing on the sand, a soft muted sound. She turned to see girl with utter bliss and happiness plastered on her face. She seemed strange, petting the ocean. Even though Mae would admit that she believed the sea had a mind of its own at times, she wouldn't try to speak to it, only mad people would do that.
"Oh," She greeted the girl nonetheless, in a quiet voice, "Hi,".
She had closed her notebook at this point, clutching it to her side.
Maro herd feet landing on the sand, a soft muted sound. She turned to see girl with utter bliss and happiness plastered on her face. She seemed strange, petting the ocean. Even though Mae would admit that she believed the sea had a mind of its own at times, she wouldn't try to speak to it, only mad people would do that.
"Oh," She greeted the girl nonetheless, in a quiet voice, "Hi,".
She had closed her notebook at this point, clutching it to her side.
Olive sighed and looked at the last couple of letters she had in her hand, one for the shoe maker 3 doors down from her and a couple for the butcher's down and around the corner. She glanced at the sea, noticing two girls enjoying the sand and the waves. How cute. She thought to herself, before turning and making her way to the local butchers.
It wasn't long before she arrived at the butcher's door, She knocked before entering. "Mail Service" she shouted, raising the letters for them in her hand.
Olive sighed and looked at the last couple of letters she had in her hand, one for the shoe maker 3 doors down from her and a couple for the butcher's down and around the corner. She glanced at the sea, noticing two girls enjoying the sand and the waves. How cute. She thought to herself, before turning and making her way to the local butchers.
It wasn't long before she arrived at the butcher's door, She knocked before entering. "Mail Service" she shouted, raising the letters for them in her hand.
8HRS Ahead of FR Time
Cooper woke up early in the morning for his first task of the day, fixing an old boat located in one of the on shore docks. Luckily for him, there wasn't too much to do on the ship, so he knew he could be done before noon. His hands were working fast and well as he was finishing to sand a wood planck in order to replace one that rot away due to the corrosive salty water.

He'd take breaks here and there to look around him, appreciating the sight of the sun, slowly raising in the sky, its rays touching the sea almost with tenderness. He smiled at it and was about to go back to work, right before noticing two girls in the distance, obviously enjoying some time outside. After some seconds, Cooper quickly realised he knew them already. Maro and Cloud casually speaking in the distance. He'd smile for himself, quite glad to see some youngsters still enjoying life as it should be, enjoying the beauty of the quite of the sea.

After a deep breath, Cooper shook himself up from his thought and looked behind him, facing the ship he was working on once again. It was a sailboat, one of those used by fishers. Despite its rather old look, it could easily carry seven to eight people. Everything was looking pretty nice from the mat to the mast to the hull. The railing was painted in a clear light blue. The only problem was at the bottom part of the bow.. the owner obviously didn't know much about the route he was taking and ended up into some reefs. After a stretch, Cooper went back to his work, his nose filled with the aroma of wood.

(Sorry for writing this that late, I didn't realise the story would be layed down on that thread ;n; )
Cooper woke up early in the morning for his first task of the day, fixing an old boat located in one of the on shore docks. Luckily for him, there wasn't too much to do on the ship, so he knew he could be done before noon. His hands were working fast and well as he was finishing to sand a wood planck in order to replace one that rot away due to the corrosive salty water.

He'd take breaks here and there to look around him, appreciating the sight of the sun, slowly raising in the sky, its rays touching the sea almost with tenderness. He smiled at it and was about to go back to work, right before noticing two girls in the distance, obviously enjoying some time outside. After some seconds, Cooper quickly realised he knew them already. Maro and Cloud casually speaking in the distance. He'd smile for himself, quite glad to see some youngsters still enjoying life as it should be, enjoying the beauty of the quite of the sea.

After a deep breath, Cooper shook himself up from his thought and looked behind him, facing the ship he was working on once again. It was a sailboat, one of those used by fishers. Despite its rather old look, it could easily carry seven to eight people. Everything was looking pretty nice from the mat to the mast to the hull. The railing was painted in a clear light blue. The only problem was at the bottom part of the bow.. the owner obviously didn't know much about the route he was taking and ended up into some reefs. After a stretch, Cooper went back to his work, his nose filled with the aroma of wood.

(Sorry for writing this that late, I didn't realise the story would be layed down on that thread ;n; )
A small voice suddenly sounded out and Cloud paused for a second, the smile on her face still bright and wide as she looked for the source. She glanced at a lightly tanned woman with her hair tangled from the sea breeze, peering at her with shy green eyes, even if she seemed about half a foot taller than Cloud.
“Hello!” She chirped at the lady and held out a hand. Every new place she traveled to introduced her to a new person, always so different in some way no matter where she went, and this nice lady right here seemed like a perfect new friend.
A small voice suddenly sounded out and Cloud paused for a second, the smile on her face still bright and wide as she looked for the source. She glanced at a lightly tanned woman with her hair tangled from the sea breeze, peering at her with shy green eyes, even if she seemed about half a foot taller than Cloud.
“Hello!” She chirped at the lady and held out a hand. Every new place she traveled to introduced her to a new person, always so different in some way no matter where she went, and this nice lady right here seemed like a perfect new friend.
|| she/her
|| bi
|| worm king
|| anthem
Maro awkwardly put the pencil in the spine of her notebook and took the woman’s hand. She shook it before letting her hand drop to her side. “Are you new here?” Mae asked, her voice still at a timid whisper.
She pushed some of her hair behind her ear, and began to fiddle with her necklace absentmindedly.
I don’t think I’ve seen, then again I spend most of my time in my boat or inside. Gosh, she’s probably been here for a whole year, how could I be so ignorant? Mother always said I should spend more time with people than trees. Perhaps I should listen to someone other than the wind! Her eyes betrayed the conflict inside of her, but her face remained almost masked, painted by her shy nature. Her green eyes was the only window in.
Maro awkwardly put the pencil in the spine of her notebook and took the woman’s hand. She shook it before letting her hand drop to her side. “Are you new here?” Mae asked, her voice still at a timid whisper.
She pushed some of her hair behind her ear, and began to fiddle with her necklace absentmindedly.
I don’t think I’ve seen, then again I spend most of my time in my boat or inside. Gosh, she’s probably been here for a whole year, how could I be so ignorant? Mother always said I should spend more time with people than trees. Perhaps I should listen to someone other than the wind! Her eyes betrayed the conflict inside of her, but her face remained almost masked, painted by her shy nature. Her green eyes was the only window in.
Cloud giggled sweetly as the breeze softly swept her hair to the side and kissed her rosy cheek, “Yes! I’m quite new here.” She looked out into the ocean with curiosity and childish wonder glistening in her gaze, “I just arrived not too long ago on a boat.”
She looked back at the shy lady when the necklace in her hands caught Cloud’s attention. “Hey what’s that?” The twine looked itchy, but the shimmering glass reflecting the sun and ocean mesmerized her.
Cloud giggled sweetly as the breeze softly swept her hair to the side and kissed her rosy cheek, “Yes! I’m quite new here.” She looked out into the ocean with curiosity and childish wonder glistening in her gaze, “I just arrived not too long ago on a boat.”
She looked back at the shy lady when the necklace in her hands caught Cloud’s attention. “Hey what’s that?” The twine looked itchy, but the shimmering glass reflecting the sun and ocean mesmerized her.
|| she/her
|| bi
|| worm king
|| anthem
1 2