Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Welcome to the Jungle [OOC|OPEN]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 46 47
Nickname: Emerald, Arwen, or just Emeraldwaters, anything really tbh
Name: Rory Thatcher
Age/Grade/Class: 17, Junior/11th grade
Appearance: A fairly handsome dude, for a regular old high school student. He's caucasian, has short, light brown hair, and striking hazel eyes. He's about average height, maybe a little on the shorter side, and wears basically a variation of the same shorts and t-shirt every day. Sometimes he gets crazy with his fashion choices and adds in a jacket when it's cold, or something.
Personality: Rory's very into video games and reading, a total geek, actually, even though he does play soccer. He's a pretty private person, except around Skye, who managed to gain his total trust somewhere between first grade and the time she "saved his life" by serving as a cushion when he fell from a tree on top of her. He is a very talented artist, but hardly ever shows his art to anyone
Special Stuff: In the jungle, Rory is a summoner. He can summon anything from nothing, limited only by his imagination- and his art skills. He can summon creatures from drawings or carvings, or bring sculptures and paper toys to life.
Not-So-Special Stuff: Everything he makes is linked back to the drawing, so it only lasts as long as the paper or other material does. It doesn't have to stay near the drawing itself, but if the material is torn, burnt, washed off, etc., the subject will be destroyed in the same way. If the subject is destroyed, though, the drawing just needs to be activated again by his magic to summon the creature again. He can only summon a drawing once, not make a clone army from a single drawing or something. Rory has complete control over these creations, and though they can be intelligent, they are not sentient. He has to make them entirely on his own, too, or else they will not work. The bigger the drawings get, especially if they are living things instead of non-living ones, the less reliable they get, and the biggest thing he's managed to make has been only about 3 feet high 4 feet long, and it took him nearly 7 hours to draw. Any attempts at something larger than that would, at his current skill level, end up not coming alive at all.

Other: His cousin is Skye Thatcher, and they are very close. He really likes FRUIT. And almost all sweet things.

Nickname: same as the last form
Name: Skye Thatcher
Age/Grade/Class: 14, Sophomore (just barely old enough to be in her year, she didn't skip a grade, she just started school early)
Appearance: A very tan girl of mixed heritage, with black hair and dark, warm eyes. She's tall for a girl, just taller than Rory, and she has a very pale birthmark on the left side of her forehead. She wears light, loose clothing most of the time, and jeans or shorts, depending on the weather.
Personality: Skye is a total klutz, and a rare example of a shy extrovert. She loves spending time with people, but like Rory, she is also a private person and though people feel like they know her well, they've often only just scratched the tip of the iceberg with her. She is quiet around anyone unfamiliar, but as soon as she gets to know you a little, she'll perk right up and act open towards you, even if she isn't actually sharing any real personal information with you. She's become an expert at dodging questions just from habit, without really realizing it.

Special Stuff: Skye is a Void spirit, a master of nothing and yet, everything. (not literally of course, that would be op ;) ). She can manipulate the existence of items, can move them instantly from place to place in space and time, and can dispel things into , or bring things out of nonexistence. Her appearance changed permanently with the appearance of her powers: her eyes turned a blank, pure white, and she appears slightly more animalistic, almost were-wolf like, but not quite. She has soft grey fur, ears that don't really resemble any animal in particular, a tufted tail, and a mane of white hair. She also has some short light blue horns, that glow just slightly, hardly enough to see past more than a foot if she were to try to use them as lighting.

Not-So-Special Stuff: She cannot transport or create, or manipulate any creatures including humans and herself, in any way involving her powers. Any transportation of objects will only work if it forms a stable time loop or jump, by which I mean she cannot change the past. She also can't time-travel, or send things to specific times: she can either bring an item to herself or send it to a random point, so it isn't as controlled as one might think. Also, in order to retrieve items from other points in time, she needs to either have a VERY clear picture in her mind of what exactly they are, or be able to see them in a picture or video, and if looking at a picture or video she can only take it from the time the photo/vid was taken.

For example, she can't make her favorite toy from her childhood appear by looking at a picture of it when it was first bought by her parents. If she did, which she couldn't if she tried, then suddenly that toy wouldn't have been there for her whole childhood, but she stilll would have the memories, and it essentially would form a paradox. If she tries something like this, then it results in absolutely nothing. This happens quite often, more often than one might expect, because she is limited by the fact that she can't take things from the past unless they already were taken, in the past, by her in the future in the past. yeah. She can create things by, essentially, taking away the fact that they don't exist, but this required an IMMENSE ammount of concentration and a VERY clear image in her head of her goal, so it'll be a while before she's even able to construct simple, generic items such as a block of wood, or a nail.

Other: She will PUNCH you if you ask if she and Rory are siblings. She loves him, sure, but there's no way she'd ever be that closely related to the dork. She's too cool to be his sibling. All of this according to her, of course.

I'll draw them probably eventually, hope I filled these out correctly, for now goodnight

also, I'm subbed already so no need to ping me
Nickname: Emerald, Arwen, or just Emeraldwaters, anything really tbh
Name: Rory Thatcher
Age/Grade/Class: 17, Junior/11th grade
Appearance: A fairly handsome dude, for a regular old high school student. He's caucasian, has short, light brown hair, and striking hazel eyes. He's about average height, maybe a little on the shorter side, and wears basically a variation of the same shorts and t-shirt every day. Sometimes he gets crazy with his fashion choices and adds in a jacket when it's cold, or something.
Personality: Rory's very into video games and reading, a total geek, actually, even though he does play soccer. He's a pretty private person, except around Skye, who managed to gain his total trust somewhere between first grade and the time she "saved his life" by serving as a cushion when he fell from a tree on top of her. He is a very talented artist, but hardly ever shows his art to anyone
Special Stuff: In the jungle, Rory is a summoner. He can summon anything from nothing, limited only by his imagination- and his art skills. He can summon creatures from drawings or carvings, or bring sculptures and paper toys to life.
Not-So-Special Stuff: Everything he makes is linked back to the drawing, so it only lasts as long as the paper or other material does. It doesn't have to stay near the drawing itself, but if the material is torn, burnt, washed off, etc., the subject will be destroyed in the same way. If the subject is destroyed, though, the drawing just needs to be activated again by his magic to summon the creature again. He can only summon a drawing once, not make a clone army from a single drawing or something. Rory has complete control over these creations, and though they can be intelligent, they are not sentient. He has to make them entirely on his own, too, or else they will not work. The bigger the drawings get, especially if they are living things instead of non-living ones, the less reliable they get, and the biggest thing he's managed to make has been only about 3 feet high 4 feet long, and it took him nearly 7 hours to draw. Any attempts at something larger than that would, at his current skill level, end up not coming alive at all.

Other: His cousin is Skye Thatcher, and they are very close. He really likes FRUIT. And almost all sweet things.

Nickname: same as the last form
Name: Skye Thatcher
Age/Grade/Class: 14, Sophomore (just barely old enough to be in her year, she didn't skip a grade, she just started school early)
Appearance: A very tan girl of mixed heritage, with black hair and dark, warm eyes. She's tall for a girl, just taller than Rory, and she has a very pale birthmark on the left side of her forehead. She wears light, loose clothing most of the time, and jeans or shorts, depending on the weather.
Personality: Skye is a total klutz, and a rare example of a shy extrovert. She loves spending time with people, but like Rory, she is also a private person and though people feel like they know her well, they've often only just scratched the tip of the iceberg with her. She is quiet around anyone unfamiliar, but as soon as she gets to know you a little, she'll perk right up and act open towards you, even if she isn't actually sharing any real personal information with you. She's become an expert at dodging questions just from habit, without really realizing it.

Special Stuff: Skye is a Void spirit, a master of nothing and yet, everything. (not literally of course, that would be op ;) ). She can manipulate the existence of items, can move them instantly from place to place in space and time, and can dispel things into , or bring things out of nonexistence. Her appearance changed permanently with the appearance of her powers: her eyes turned a blank, pure white, and she appears slightly more animalistic, almost were-wolf like, but not quite. She has soft grey fur, ears that don't really resemble any animal in particular, a tufted tail, and a mane of white hair. She also has some short light blue horns, that glow just slightly, hardly enough to see past more than a foot if she were to try to use them as lighting.

Not-So-Special Stuff: She cannot transport or create, or manipulate any creatures including humans and herself, in any way involving her powers. Any transportation of objects will only work if it forms a stable time loop or jump, by which I mean she cannot change the past. She also can't time-travel, or send things to specific times: she can either bring an item to herself or send it to a random point, so it isn't as controlled as one might think. Also, in order to retrieve items from other points in time, she needs to either have a VERY clear picture in her mind of what exactly they are, or be able to see them in a picture or video, and if looking at a picture or video she can only take it from the time the photo/vid was taken.

For example, she can't make her favorite toy from her childhood appear by looking at a picture of it when it was first bought by her parents. If she did, which she couldn't if she tried, then suddenly that toy wouldn't have been there for her whole childhood, but she stilll would have the memories, and it essentially would form a paradox. If she tries something like this, then it results in absolutely nothing. This happens quite often, more often than one might expect, because she is limited by the fact that she can't take things from the past unless they already were taken, in the past, by her in the future in the past. yeah. She can create things by, essentially, taking away the fact that they don't exist, but this required an IMMENSE ammount of concentration and a VERY clear image in her head of her goal, so it'll be a while before she's even able to construct simple, generic items such as a block of wood, or a nail.

Other: She will PUNCH you if you ask if she and Rory are siblings. She loves him, sure, but there's no way she'd ever be that closely related to the dork. She's too cool to be his sibling. All of this according to her, of course.

I'll draw them probably eventually, hope I filled these out correctly, for now goodnight

also, I'm subbed already so no need to ping me
Nope....
Nope....
37bVriD.png....
Lair of a Fox's madness
He/Him | FR+9
Bilingual English / Polish
Wishlist
cvLaV29.png
@EmeraldWaters could you please put a size limit on his drawings? Skye (wonder where that name came from, hmmmmmmm) is good.

@ImaTiger Um, at least half of the things in his weaknesses section are more powers. Could you please remove his control animals ability (golems are fine) and add more weaknesses? Control is essentially powerplaying. And he has practically no weaknesses.
@EmeraldWaters could you please put a size limit on his drawings? Skye (wonder where that name came from, hmmmmmmm) is good.

@ImaTiger Um, at least half of the things in his weaknesses section are more powers. Could you please remove his control animals ability (golems are fine) and add more weaknesses? Control is essentially powerplaying. And he has practically no weaknesses.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
@cynefin16 Accepted! Very minimalistic. Just make sure you put more effort into your posts than you do your apps.
@cynefin16 Accepted! Very minimalistic. Just make sure you put more effort into your posts than you do your apps.
sz13nwR.png
Aaah. Hello again C:

I’ll post a character soon. It always takes a while cause I write way too much
Aaah. Hello again C:

I’ll post a character soon. It always takes a while cause I write way too much
FucILoG.pngimage0.gifa3zmj4c.png
Added a size limit, is it alright now? @Relics
Added a size limit, is it alright now? @Relics
Nickname:
Just Arloy is fine.

Name:
Felix Bradley

Age/Grade/Class:
17 | Senior

Appearance:
Everything about his appearance makes your eyes want to weep blood. In another sense, oh god is this boy colorful. It’s like his hair is a different neon color every other week, but it’s currently fluorescent pink. He is basically human, except his ears are slightly pointed and look more like a bat’s ear than anything. No, he’s not a vampire, damnit, stop calling him that!
He’s a shortie- 5’6”, but he has Deception Heels in his shoes to make him look taller. ...Also to hold the roller skates, but that’s a Ted Talk for another time. He’s pretty lanky, as he doesn’t need to fight with brawn, but brain (sorta).

He always wears some sort of headphones.

Art soon, hopefully.

Personality:
It’s like he can go from happy, to mad, to sad in a millisecond. This guy has no control over his feelings and emotions. He‘s usually eccentric and hard to stop if he says he’s going to do something. He’s very bad at every subject except when it comes to musical arts. He’s that one guy that always asks for the homework and wait that project was due today? Even though he always basically crawls his way through each year, somehow he always comes out with B’s and C’s... though it’s usually because he panics the last semester and actually tries. He calls it the “last minute push” and has an accumulative of four hours of sleep a week at the end of the school year. Yikes.
He just wants to have fun 7 days a week 24/7.

Special Stuff:
He can manipulate sound waves. He basically has “music magic”, as he likes to call it. The louder the sound, the better.

He can summon an organ that’s attatched to his soul. The mood of the song played depends on the effect. Uh, will add more to this when I think of stuff.

Not-So-Special Stuff:
If it’s dead silent, he’s basically screwed. Yes, he can manipulate sound waves from talking, but it’s not powerful at all. It might feel like a tickle of he were to try and attack someone.

Other:
He will punch you into a FRUITy pulp if you ask, always dtf (down to fight).

He wears heelys to escape his feelies, but he can’t escape the gay thoughts.

“Call me Felix bRADley.”

He’s the spiritual embodiment of the Krispy Kreme guy.
Nickname:
Just Arloy is fine.

Name:
Felix Bradley

Age/Grade/Class:
17 | Senior

Appearance:
Everything about his appearance makes your eyes want to weep blood. In another sense, oh god is this boy colorful. It’s like his hair is a different neon color every other week, but it’s currently fluorescent pink. He is basically human, except his ears are slightly pointed and look more like a bat’s ear than anything. No, he’s not a vampire, damnit, stop calling him that!
He’s a shortie- 5’6”, but he has Deception Heels in his shoes to make him look taller. ...Also to hold the roller skates, but that’s a Ted Talk for another time. He’s pretty lanky, as he doesn’t need to fight with brawn, but brain (sorta).

He always wears some sort of headphones.

Art soon, hopefully.

Personality:
It’s like he can go from happy, to mad, to sad in a millisecond. This guy has no control over his feelings and emotions. He‘s usually eccentric and hard to stop if he says he’s going to do something. He’s very bad at every subject except when it comes to musical arts. He’s that one guy that always asks for the homework and wait that project was due today? Even though he always basically crawls his way through each year, somehow he always comes out with B’s and C’s... though it’s usually because he panics the last semester and actually tries. He calls it the “last minute push” and has an accumulative of four hours of sleep a week at the end of the school year. Yikes.
He just wants to have fun 7 days a week 24/7.

Special Stuff:
He can manipulate sound waves. He basically has “music magic”, as he likes to call it. The louder the sound, the better.

He can summon an organ that’s attatched to his soul. The mood of the song played depends on the effect. Uh, will add more to this when I think of stuff.

Not-So-Special Stuff:
If it’s dead silent, he’s basically screwed. Yes, he can manipulate sound waves from talking, but it’s not powerful at all. It might feel like a tickle of he were to try and attack someone.

Other:
He will punch you into a FRUITy pulp if you ask, always dtf (down to fight).

He wears heelys to escape his feelies, but he can’t escape the gay thoughts.

“Call me Felix bRADley.”

He’s the spiritual embodiment of the Krispy Kreme guy.
FucILoG.pngimage0.gifa3zmj4c.png
@EmeraldWaters Great!

@Arloy You’re good too! Glad to see you again.

When do you guys think I should start the IC?
@EmeraldWaters Great!

@Arloy You’re good too! Glad to see you again.

When do you guys think I should start the IC?
sz13nwR.png
Dunno, any day works for me though! Do we have enough characters to start already? (also I'm subbed)
Dunno, any day works for me though! Do we have enough characters to start already? (also I'm subbed)
[quote name="Relics" date="2018-08-13 18:56:50" ] All Characters Freshmen Relics’ Cecelia “Lia” Harper Sophomores Relics’ Katherine “Katie” Smith Fox’s Kodiak “Kodi” Evens Fox’s Holland “Holly” Evens Emerald’s Skye Thatcher Juniors Cyn’s Avery “AJ” Jones Emerald’s Rory Thatcher Seniors Arloy’s Felix Bradley Teachers Relics’ Oscar Brunswick - English Tig’s Lukas Yuko Shan - PE Junglearia Residents [/quote] This is our current roster. I’m asking if you guys think it’s enough.
Relics wrote on 2018-08-13 18:56:50:
All Characters

Freshmen

Relics’ Cecelia “Lia” Harper

Sophomores

Relics’ Katherine “Katie” Smith
Fox’s Kodiak “Kodi” Evens
Fox’s Holland “Holly” Evens
Emerald’s Skye Thatcher

Juniors

Cyn’s Avery “AJ” Jones
Emerald’s Rory Thatcher

Seniors

Arloy’s Felix Bradley

Teachers

Relics’ Oscar Brunswick - English
Tig’s Lukas Yuko Shan - PE

Junglearia Residents
This is our current roster. I’m asking if you guys think it’s enough.
sz13nwR.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 46 47