Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [CLOSED RP] In Search of an Heir
1 2
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23440719] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/234408/23440719_350.png[/img] [/url] Periphae had lost touch with many of the Water Flight clans she knew upon her decision to move her clan to Nature. It had not been an easy decision. The Sea of a Thousand Currents was her home, a place of love and a place of loss. Her sons and daughter had been born in the sand, and subsequent children had been born, only to take flight, from the sandy shores. Her legacy lay within the sea. So when quiet Wynephae, the latest in her long lineage, had not taken a cue from the others and found a mate of her own, Periphae decided she would take it upon herself to find her great-great granddaughter a suitable mate. She did not like to travel far from home. She felt lost traveling away from her clan. But, she had to return to the Sea...alone. And far down into the depths, she found...Clan Abyss. @StoryofAWhale

23440719_350.png

Periphae had lost touch with many of the Water Flight clans she knew upon her decision to move her clan to Nature.

It had not been an easy decision. The Sea of a Thousand Currents was her home, a place of love and a place of loss. Her sons and daughter had been born in the sand, and subsequent children had been born, only to take flight, from the sandy shores.

Her legacy lay within the sea. So when quiet Wynephae, the latest in her long lineage, had not taken a cue from the others and found a mate of her own, Periphae decided she would take it upon herself to find her great-great granddaughter a suitable mate.

She did not like to travel far from home. She felt lost traveling away from her clan. But, she had to return to the Sea...alone.

And far down into the depths, she found...Clan Abyss. @StoryofAWhale
5YBJwjR.png
@SirenMoons [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3007021][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/30071/3007021.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3007022][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/30071/3007022.png[/img][/url][/center] [left][font=Trebuchet MS]Visitors to the Leviathan Trench are rare. Navigating the dark depths of the Tidelord's domain is nearly impossible; only dragons born to the Sea would know such a terrain like the back of their claw. To say Tautou was astonished by their guest would be an understatement. He could not recall the last time he encountered a new face in the Trench. The Fae's blue eyes, a prominent trait of the Tidelord's children, was as clear as the surface waters. This dragon knew where she was, and she seems friendly enough. It was a good thing Entendu happened to be with Clan Abyss as well, at least for the time being. Tautou was always lost without her, and communication with any Fae would be nearly impossible if not for Entendu to be his words. Entendu didn't even need to glance at Tautou to figure his intentions- he gave a warm welcome to any dragon in the Sea. "I am Entendu, and this is Tautou," the fellow Fae introduced, "our small clan lives here in the Trench, as we wish to be close to the Tidelord. Who might you be?" Tautou hummed in approval.
@SirenMoons
3007021.png3007022.png
Visitors to the Leviathan Trench are rare. Navigating the dark depths of the Tidelord's domain is nearly impossible; only dragons born to the Sea would know such a terrain like the back of their claw.

To say Tautou was astonished by their guest would be an understatement. He could not recall the last time he encountered a new face in the Trench. The Fae's blue eyes, a prominent trait of the Tidelord's children, was as clear as the surface waters. This dragon knew where she was, and she seems friendly enough.

It was a good thing Entendu happened to be with Clan Abyss as well, at least for the time being. Tautou was always lost without her, and communication with any Fae would be nearly impossible if not for Entendu to be his words. Entendu didn't even need to glance at Tautou to figure his intentions- he gave a warm welcome to any dragon in the Sea.

"I am Entendu, and this is Tautou," the fellow Fae introduced, "our small clan lives here in the Trench, as we wish to be close to the Tidelord. Who might you be?"

Tautou hummed in approval.
- C l a n   A b y s s -

You left our lungs for canteens.
You left our ankles for anchors.

- -
@StoryofaWhale

((I'm subscribed, so no need to ping!))

Periphae inclined her head in a polite bow. "Greetings, Entendu and Tautou. I am Periphae, formerly of The Spiral Keep." She drew up gracefully, her crest rotating slightly. "A long time ago, my family lived in the Keep, and I am proud to be their descendant. We have been seers of the Tidelord for many generations, and that continues to live on in my children." Periphae looked over the two dragons. She was so unused to Coalts who could not speak common Draconic, though, she supposed, that species was slightly out of depth when it came to Fae. And, yes, here was the wandering Fae, who moved with the tides. This must be the figure from her dreams.
@StoryofaWhale

((I'm subscribed, so no need to ping!))

Periphae inclined her head in a polite bow. "Greetings, Entendu and Tautou. I am Periphae, formerly of The Spiral Keep." She drew up gracefully, her crest rotating slightly. "A long time ago, my family lived in the Keep, and I am proud to be their descendant. We have been seers of the Tidelord for many generations, and that continues to live on in my children." Periphae looked over the two dragons. She was so unused to Coalts who could not speak common Draconic, though, she supposed, that species was slightly out of depth when it came to Fae. And, yes, here was the wandering Fae, who moved with the tides. This must be the figure from her dreams.
5YBJwjR.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3007021][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/30071/3007021.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3007022][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/30071/3007022.png[/img][/url][/center] [left][font=Trebuchet MS]"The Spiral Keep!" Entendu bellowed, thoroughly excited with the prospect of the Tidelord's own abode. It had been a long time since she had last seen the sparkling walls of the enormous seafloor conch. She swam in a full circle on the spot and gazed at Periphae with awe before glancing at Tautou. It seems the Coatl was able to keep up with the conversation, albeit at a much slower pace. She doubted he even understood everything Periphae had just said. Before now, Entendu had been the only Fae he had ever known, so she was a little surprised Tautou was able to understand Periphae at all. The words [i]seers of the Tidelord[/i] seemed to ring a familiar sound to Tautou, because almost at once his posture stiffened and his wings curled. His eyes twinkled with respect and a little bit of wonder. This meeting with Periphae was no chance encounter, and the Fae next to him was no doubt thinking the same thing. "I assume your insight has brought you here for a reason, since it looks like you have traveled quite a bit," Entendu began, a little brashly but mostly just overenthusiastic, "what is it that our clan can help you with?"
3007021.png3007022.png
"The Spiral Keep!" Entendu bellowed, thoroughly excited with the prospect of the Tidelord's own abode. It had been a long time since she had last seen the sparkling walls of the enormous seafloor conch. She swam in a full circle on the spot and gazed at Periphae with awe before glancing at Tautou.

It seems the Coatl was able to keep up with the conversation, albeit at a much slower pace. She doubted he even understood everything Periphae had just said. Before now, Entendu had been the only Fae he had ever known, so she was a little surprised Tautou was able to understand Periphae at all. The words seers of the Tidelord seemed to ring a familiar sound to Tautou, because almost at once his posture stiffened and his wings curled. His eyes twinkled with respect and a little bit of wonder. This meeting with Periphae was no chance encounter, and the Fae next to him was no doubt thinking the same thing.

"I assume your insight has brought you here for a reason, since it looks like you have traveled quite a bit," Entendu began, a little brashly but mostly just overenthusiastic, "what is it that our clan can help you with?"
- C l a n   A b y s s -

- -
Periphae smiled kindly at Entendu when she swam around excitedly. Often, she forgot the energetic nature of her own species, since her family had been so regal and well-controlled, choosing to use their bursts of energy to concentrate on seeing the future, instead of physical exertion. She hoped that Tautou was able to keep up with the conversation, and did not feel left out. She did not want to alienate her hosts.

Careful to keep her tone calm and easy, for she found that often helped with Coalts who were unused to speaking to Faes, she replied, looking between the two dragons: "I have actually come to ask you for a favor, if I may. You are right that my insight has brought me here, back to the deep sea. I have seen your figures in my dreams. And I know that your children must be worthy of my purpose."

@StoryofaWhale
Periphae smiled kindly at Entendu when she swam around excitedly. Often, she forgot the energetic nature of her own species, since her family had been so regal and well-controlled, choosing to use their bursts of energy to concentrate on seeing the future, instead of physical exertion. She hoped that Tautou was able to keep up with the conversation, and did not feel left out. She did not want to alienate her hosts.

Careful to keep her tone calm and easy, for she found that often helped with Coalts who were unused to speaking to Faes, she replied, looking between the two dragons: "I have actually come to ask you for a favor, if I may. You are right that my insight has brought me here, back to the deep sea. I have seen your figures in my dreams. And I know that your children must be worthy of my purpose."

@StoryofaWhale
5YBJwjR.png
"Our children?" Entendu asked, sharing a worried glance with Tautou. She was more than a little confused as there was no children with them, no plural- there was only a single child... and it was a child that didn't even want to continue in her parents tracks, let alone be willing to help Periphae in any way. However, Entendu did not voice this concern, though it must have shown on her face.

Tautou himself could not grasp the full picture that Periphae was painting, but he understood the full possibilities that came with oracles and their future sight. He did not doubt this Fae in the slightest nor had any qualms about having any future children.. because if she saw any children, it was certainly a possibility.

"If you have seen us in your dreams," he began, holding the humming at bay, "then your foresight must be quite strong. What exactly might your purpose be in which our children could assist with?"
"Our children?" Entendu asked, sharing a worried glance with Tautou. She was more than a little confused as there was no children with them, no plural- there was only a single child... and it was a child that didn't even want to continue in her parents tracks, let alone be willing to help Periphae in any way. However, Entendu did not voice this concern, though it must have shown on her face.

Tautou himself could not grasp the full picture that Periphae was painting, but he understood the full possibilities that came with oracles and their future sight. He did not doubt this Fae in the slightest nor had any qualms about having any future children.. because if she saw any children, it was certainly a possibility.

"If you have seen us in your dreams," he began, holding the humming at bay, "then your foresight must be quite strong. What exactly might your purpose be in which our children could assist with?"
- C l a n   A b y s s -

- -
@StoryofaWhale

Periphae nodded, carefully adjusting the scarf sitting around her shoulders. The small beads attached swayed in the gentle waves of the undersea abode. She already felt so at home here, within the gentle waters of the Tidelord's domain.

"Yes, children." She turned to Tantou, who now seemed to speak in a very careful manner in order to make himself understood. She was touched; as a diplomat in her own right, she did not need the suppressing of the Coatl's natural accent, but she appreciated it nonetheless.

"I have a great-great granddaughter, Wynephae, who as of yet has kept her nose in her studies, without choosing a mate of her own, like so many of my lineage has done before her. I believe that her child will be the last of my lineage, at least for quite some time, but without a suitable mate, that child has no chance of existing." She paused, waiting for Tantou to catch up. She was aware that she was speaking a bit fast; she knew that their child would be--had to be--the one to mate with Wynephae, but she did not know how long it would take to convince them.

Dealing with other Water clans could be tricky in that way, especially when the visions of seers appeared to disagree.
@StoryofaWhale

Periphae nodded, carefully adjusting the scarf sitting around her shoulders. The small beads attached swayed in the gentle waves of the undersea abode. She already felt so at home here, within the gentle waters of the Tidelord's domain.

"Yes, children." She turned to Tantou, who now seemed to speak in a very careful manner in order to make himself understood. She was touched; as a diplomat in her own right, she did not need the suppressing of the Coatl's natural accent, but she appreciated it nonetheless.

"I have a great-great granddaughter, Wynephae, who as of yet has kept her nose in her studies, without choosing a mate of her own, like so many of my lineage has done before her. I believe that her child will be the last of my lineage, at least for quite some time, but without a suitable mate, that child has no chance of existing." She paused, waiting for Tantou to catch up. She was aware that she was speaking a bit fast; she knew that their child would be--had to be--the one to mate with Wynephae, but she did not know how long it would take to convince them.

Dealing with other Water clans could be tricky in that way, especially when the visions of seers appeared to disagree.
5YBJwjR.png
Tautou seemed to ponder this for a great deal, catching certain words but missing others. He was ever grateful for Entendu's tutoring in times like this. So, he put together Periphae's conversation piece by piece, interpreting bits here and there, despite the difficulty.

Entendu could not deny this honor that Periphae wanted to bestow on them. As a dragon from the Spiral Keep, she understood the regality that this Fae possessed. Such dragons very rarely left the Keep, but they were highly respected in every sense, no matter where they went.

It is often said that dragons from the deepest parts of the sea held the strongest prophecies, and the Spiral Keep was as deep as one could reach. Periphae's prophecy could very well considered the absolute truth, but Entendu could not help her own doubts. Not in Periphae's prophecy, but in her own relationship with Tautou. She could not fathom a future where more children would flourish.

But... perhaps she could try. Looking at Periphae now, Entendu knew that such a child would have a great purpose within this Fae's clan. A lineage of the most prominent. Entendu could wish nothing better on her own children, but she did wish that a prophecy would come to her on such a matter. She wanted to see the insight for herself.

It could still come to her, though, later down the line. Entendu just had to focus, and perhaps she could foresee something on the matter.. "I believe you, but I still have my doubts," she finally spoke, "however, I would not deny you of your prophecy."

"You saw us and recognized us. I know you have foreseen it," Tautou said confidently, "so we will do nothing to make your vision happen, but we will do nothing to stop it, either. Such an event must come to pass on its own. I do not want to destroy the chance of your prophecy ever happening at all by us trying to guide it into reality."

"Where can we find you?" Entendu asked curiously, "in the event that your visions come to pass."
Tautou seemed to ponder this for a great deal, catching certain words but missing others. He was ever grateful for Entendu's tutoring in times like this. So, he put together Periphae's conversation piece by piece, interpreting bits here and there, despite the difficulty.

Entendu could not deny this honor that Periphae wanted to bestow on them. As a dragon from the Spiral Keep, she understood the regality that this Fae possessed. Such dragons very rarely left the Keep, but they were highly respected in every sense, no matter where they went.

It is often said that dragons from the deepest parts of the sea held the strongest prophecies, and the Spiral Keep was as deep as one could reach. Periphae's prophecy could very well considered the absolute truth, but Entendu could not help her own doubts. Not in Periphae's prophecy, but in her own relationship with Tautou. She could not fathom a future where more children would flourish.

But... perhaps she could try. Looking at Periphae now, Entendu knew that such a child would have a great purpose within this Fae's clan. A lineage of the most prominent. Entendu could wish nothing better on her own children, but she did wish that a prophecy would come to her on such a matter. She wanted to see the insight for herself.

It could still come to her, though, later down the line. Entendu just had to focus, and perhaps she could foresee something on the matter.. "I believe you, but I still have my doubts," she finally spoke, "however, I would not deny you of your prophecy."

"You saw us and recognized us. I know you have foreseen it," Tautou said confidently, "so we will do nothing to make your vision happen, but we will do nothing to stop it, either. Such an event must come to pass on its own. I do not want to destroy the chance of your prophecy ever happening at all by us trying to guide it into reality."

"Where can we find you?" Entendu asked curiously, "in the event that your visions come to pass."
- C l a n   A b y s s -

- -
@StoryofaWhale

Periphae inclined her head elegantly. "Thank you for giving my prophecy a chance." It was a bit of a well-repeated phrase; she felt like a child again, under the tutelage of her parents. Time and isolation had not dulled her abilities with prophecy, though the same could not be said of her interpersonal skills.

She floated towards Entendu and put a claw gently on her shoulder. "I believe one day, you will receive the prophecies that escape you. It is hard to put energy into intuition when it is spent exploring instead, but I believe all dragons born of the Tidelord have the ability to see in some way. I would not despair yet." She removed her claw and turned to Tantou. "I can tell that you have faith in my prophecy, one that is as strong as the current here. I know also that you often feel alone, and that you would not wish such a fate on any child of yours. Do not despair. I know your child will be loved, however he may be when he hatches."

She then looked between them. "Should a child come from your union, you may send a missive to The Heart of the Grotto. I now have a clan far away from the Tidelord's mighty domain, but I fancy it has not dulled my senses." She smiled. "I should be getting back." She gently touched the pearl sitting on her necklace. "Beguiler will begin to wonder what has become of me otherwise."
@StoryofaWhale

Periphae inclined her head elegantly. "Thank you for giving my prophecy a chance." It was a bit of a well-repeated phrase; she felt like a child again, under the tutelage of her parents. Time and isolation had not dulled her abilities with prophecy, though the same could not be said of her interpersonal skills.

She floated towards Entendu and put a claw gently on her shoulder. "I believe one day, you will receive the prophecies that escape you. It is hard to put energy into intuition when it is spent exploring instead, but I believe all dragons born of the Tidelord have the ability to see in some way. I would not despair yet." She removed her claw and turned to Tantou. "I can tell that you have faith in my prophecy, one that is as strong as the current here. I know also that you often feel alone, and that you would not wish such a fate on any child of yours. Do not despair. I know your child will be loved, however he may be when he hatches."

She then looked between them. "Should a child come from your union, you may send a missive to The Heart of the Grotto. I now have a clan far away from the Tidelord's mighty domain, but I fancy it has not dulled my senses." She smiled. "I should be getting back." She gently touched the pearl sitting on her necklace. "Beguiler will begin to wonder what has become of me otherwise."
5YBJwjR.png
"We would not be very wise children of the Tidelord to throw your prophecy to the bubbles," Entendu said with a playful tail flick.

"I can only feel that good things can come from this," Tautou agreed with a hum.

Entendu was shocked as the show of affection from the small Fae, but she was glad for it nonetheless. The sadness in her swollen heart was slowly edging away in place of something else. "I can only hope so," she muttered mournfully, giving a nod in agreement with Periphae, although she did not feel it. She herself foresaw less and less prophecy the more she traveled... and it was no coincidence. Entendu could feel the connection growing weaker the longer she spent her energy in the physical realm, which was almost constantly nowadays. "Perhaps now I should spend more time with my own clan rather than my adventures and rekindle my relationship with these Waters."

Tautou bowed his head respectively. He was terrified to think that any dragon could see into his very heart, but could not deny the loneliness and despair that resided there. He accepted this honorably, the plumage along his head flapping slightly in the still water and creating a small swirl in its wake.

"The Heart of the Grotto," Entendu repeated softly, just for her own memory. She recognized the Nature territory, "luckily that is just across the Tangled Wood, where our clan currently has allies, so you would not be too far from us. However, no matter where we life, none of us could ever be too far away from our Tidelord, for he resides in all of us." Her eyes sparkled mischievously but was spoken with complete conviction.

"We wish you the safest of travels, and would gladly send you a missive with you now, should you want an escort back to the surface waters," Tautou hummed.
"We would not be very wise children of the Tidelord to throw your prophecy to the bubbles," Entendu said with a playful tail flick.

"I can only feel that good things can come from this," Tautou agreed with a hum.

Entendu was shocked as the show of affection from the small Fae, but she was glad for it nonetheless. The sadness in her swollen heart was slowly edging away in place of something else. "I can only hope so," she muttered mournfully, giving a nod in agreement with Periphae, although she did not feel it. She herself foresaw less and less prophecy the more she traveled... and it was no coincidence. Entendu could feel the connection growing weaker the longer she spent her energy in the physical realm, which was almost constantly nowadays. "Perhaps now I should spend more time with my own clan rather than my adventures and rekindle my relationship with these Waters."

Tautou bowed his head respectively. He was terrified to think that any dragon could see into his very heart, but could not deny the loneliness and despair that resided there. He accepted this honorably, the plumage along his head flapping slightly in the still water and creating a small swirl in its wake.

"The Heart of the Grotto," Entendu repeated softly, just for her own memory. She recognized the Nature territory, "luckily that is just across the Tangled Wood, where our clan currently has allies, so you would not be too far from us. However, no matter where we life, none of us could ever be too far away from our Tidelord, for he resides in all of us." Her eyes sparkled mischievously but was spoken with complete conviction.

"We wish you the safest of travels, and would gladly send you a missive with you now, should you want an escort back to the surface waters," Tautou hummed.
- C l a n   A b y s s -

- -
1 2