Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A dragon's war cry
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
She brightened, "that's great! Being out in the rain can make you sick anyway so you not getting stuck in it all night long means you're likely to be healthier." She laughed, "I'm sure my healing knowledge is exactly why you wanted to catch up. Where's Storm Surge? I thought the two of you were inseparable." She joked nudging him gently. "So what does this house of yours look like? If you'd like to show me that is, I don't want to pry."
She brightened, "that's great! Being out in the rain can make you sick anyway so you not getting stuck in it all night long means you're likely to be healthier." She laughed, "I'm sure my healing knowledge is exactly why you wanted to catch up. Where's Storm Surge? I thought the two of you were inseparable." She joked nudging him gently. "So what does this house of yours look like? If you'd like to show me that is, I don't want to pry."
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
“That and a few other things, but I’ll just let you figure out what those are.” A light smile then spread across his lips, knowing full well how his words could have been taken. Sometimes he just couldn’t keep what was in his mind from escaping, no matter the trouble he might fall into.

“As for Storm, she’s tends to not take an interest in what other dragons do during this season, so she’s probably sunbathing or back at the house. Either way, I was going to get some lunch, but I’d be happy to show it to you afterwards.” He honestly would’ve called his dragon to him, but that would bring a wide assortment of problems during this time of year, the least of which being a rather angry Skrill.

@residentlunatic
“That and a few other things, but I’ll just let you figure out what those are.” A light smile then spread across his lips, knowing full well how his words could have been taken. Sometimes he just couldn’t keep what was in his mind from escaping, no matter the trouble he might fall into.

“As for Storm, she’s tends to not take an interest in what other dragons do during this season, so she’s probably sunbathing or back at the house. Either way, I was going to get some lunch, but I’d be happy to show it to you afterwards.” He honestly would’ve called his dragon to him, but that would bring a wide assortment of problems during this time of year, the least of which being a rather angry Skrill.

@residentlunatic
Kit flushed a dark pink, and she ducked her head shyly. A bright smile gracing her lips, "so lunch then? I can introduce you to a few of the traders I sailed over with."
Kit flushed a dark pink, and she ducked her head shyly. A bright smile gracing her lips, "so lunch then? I can introduce you to a few of the traders I sailed over with."
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
@residentlunatic

Ryu knew that the other riders were probably going to pester him incessantly about eating a meal with Kit and with next to no supervision, but it was honestly worth it in the end. After all, friends did stuff like this all the time without their other friends. Granted, he didn’t know of any human female in particular that he would be doing the same thing with. Did that mean something?

With his mind coming back to the present, the teen moved to stand and simply nodded. If he had noticed Kit’s reaction to his words, he didn’t bring it up at that moment. “That sounds good to me. Lead the way.”
@residentlunatic

Ryu knew that the other riders were probably going to pester him incessantly about eating a meal with Kit and with next to no supervision, but it was honestly worth it in the end. After all, friends did stuff like this all the time without their other friends. Granted, he didn’t know of any human female in particular that he would be doing the same thing with. Did that mean something?

With his mind coming back to the present, the teen moved to stand and simply nodded. If he had noticed Kit’s reaction to his words, he didn’t bring it up at that moment. “That sounds good to me. Lead the way.”
She walked along side him to the main mess hall, but rather than sit and eat she took a bowl of the mushy grain cereal with yack's milk and honey, along with a shank of unidentified meat, also probably originating from a yack and headed back out to the main trading square. She bit into the meat with a hum of delight, "It's so nice to eat something that doesn't originate from the sea once in a while. Don't get me wrong fish stew with eel is delicious but red meat is actually non-existent on the outcast isles."

As she ate she pointed out her ship to him, explaining that it wasn't outcast built but a gift from another tribe they'd used to trade with. And how one day they suddenly stopped sending ships. After that the introduced him to a few different traders who sold wares as varied as they come. Ranging from jewelry made from polished stones, gems, and seashells, to fancy blades, to all sorts of strange exotic fish. Kit grinned mischievously and proclaimed that no one could out fish an Outcast since that's the only thing most of them ever did.
She walked along side him to the main mess hall, but rather than sit and eat she took a bowl of the mushy grain cereal with yack's milk and honey, along with a shank of unidentified meat, also probably originating from a yack and headed back out to the main trading square. She bit into the meat with a hum of delight, "It's so nice to eat something that doesn't originate from the sea once in a while. Don't get me wrong fish stew with eel is delicious but red meat is actually non-existent on the outcast isles."

As she ate she pointed out her ship to him, explaining that it wasn't outcast built but a gift from another tribe they'd used to trade with. And how one day they suddenly stopped sending ships. After that the introduced him to a few different traders who sold wares as varied as they come. Ranging from jewelry made from polished stones, gems, and seashells, to fancy blades, to all sorts of strange exotic fish. Kit grinned mischievously and proclaimed that no one could out fish an Outcast since that's the only thing most of them ever did.
foto_1.png
@residentlunatic

Thankfully, Ryu had managed to get a bit of food and drink before Kit had left the great hall, and he merely listened as she spoke. “Yeah, Storm won’t let me within ten feet of an eel, so I haven’t exactly had the pleasure of eating one.” That wasn’t even taking into account the few hundred or so other dragons that he was raised with, but that required bringing up a few painful memories. “Still, it’s good to have diversity in your diet.”

Of course, he was rather curious as to what Kit had to show him and was rather impressed by what he saw. He didn’t recognize the craftsmanship of the boat, so it probably didn’t come from a villiage he visited recently. Thankfully, he did remember to be polite to the traders and to at least look over some of their wares. The swords didn’t interest him, considering that he already had a fine pair back home, but maybe a bit of jewelry might come in handy later. Granted, he would probably have to come back later, without Kit, and somehow hide it from her. “Careful, mi’lady. You might upset a dragon or two.”
@residentlunatic

Thankfully, Ryu had managed to get a bit of food and drink before Kit had left the great hall, and he merely listened as she spoke. “Yeah, Storm won’t let me within ten feet of an eel, so I haven’t exactly had the pleasure of eating one.” That wasn’t even taking into account the few hundred or so other dragons that he was raised with, but that required bringing up a few painful memories. “Still, it’s good to have diversity in your diet.”

Of course, he was rather curious as to what Kit had to show him and was rather impressed by what he saw. He didn’t recognize the craftsmanship of the boat, so it probably didn’t come from a villiage he visited recently. Thankfully, he did remember to be polite to the traders and to at least look over some of their wares. The swords didn’t interest him, considering that he already had a fine pair back home, but maybe a bit of jewelry might come in handy later. Granted, he would probably have to come back later, without Kit, and somehow hide it from her. “Careful, mi’lady. You might upset a dragon or two.”
She laughed, "alright. No other human could out fish an Outcast." She finished off her meal and lead him over to a big gruff looking man. "This is Halvor, he brought me up after I washed ashore on outcast island." The man looked up and smoothed a hand over his greying beard, his face carved with scars from a dragon.

"Eh? An' who might this lady be Kit? Fin'ly catch 'rself a man?" He laughed heartily as the girl slapped at his blocking arm, also bearing scars though these looked man made. "Ah'm only joking! Cut it out lass." She landed one last sharp smack to his bicep and folded her arms. He held out the hand previously used for defence to Ryu, "good to meet you boy. Halvor, and you are?"
She laughed, "alright. No other human could out fish an Outcast." She finished off her meal and lead him over to a big gruff looking man. "This is Halvor, he brought me up after I washed ashore on outcast island." The man looked up and smoothed a hand over his greying beard, his face carved with scars from a dragon.

"Eh? An' who might this lady be Kit? Fin'ly catch 'rself a man?" He laughed heartily as the girl slapped at his blocking arm, also bearing scars though these looked man made. "Ah'm only joking! Cut it out lass." She landed one last sharp smack to his bicep and folded her arms. He held out the hand previously used for defence to Ryu, "good to meet you boy. Halvor, and you are?"
foto_1.png
(Well, he had to meet the parents at some point. Seems fair considering that his dragon is basically his mother.)

Ryu nodded slightly, though the last thing he expected to happen today was meeting the man that had raised Kit. By some miracle, though, he managed to keep his nerves in check at his first comment. “Ryu. It’s good to meet you as well, Halvor.” The young adult might have the same body type as Hiccup, but that didn’t mean he was any less dangerous than the vikings around him. “I’m honestly surprised that Kit hasn’t introduced us yet.”
(Well, he had to meet the parents at some point. Seems fair considering that his dragon is basically his mother.)

Ryu nodded slightly, though the last thing he expected to happen today was meeting the man that had raised Kit. By some miracle, though, he managed to keep his nerves in check at his first comment. “Ryu. It’s good to meet you as well, Halvor.” The young adult might have the same body type as Hiccup, but that didn’t mean he was any less dangerous than the vikings around him. “I’m honestly surprised that Kit hasn’t introduced us yet.”
He shook his head, "Been away for about two years now. An' I came home to this little Lassy running the family business as well as the village healing hut. To think the unruly beast I drug inside could'ha turned into this. I can't say I had anything's ta do with it but I'm proud!"

Kit smiled, "I was ten when I washed ashore, the only thing I had to identify me was this blade and a bone charm with my surname, and Loki's name carved into it. We always assumed my parents were traders and the ship must've over turned."
He shook his head, "Been away for about two years now. An' I came home to this little Lassy running the family business as well as the village healing hut. To think the unruly beast I drug inside could'ha turned into this. I can't say I had anything's ta do with it but I'm proud!"

Kit smiled, "I was ten when I washed ashore, the only thing I had to identify me was this blade and a bone charm with my surname, and Loki's name carved into it. We always assumed my parents were traders and the ship must've over turned."
foto_1.png
While Ryu found it odd that Halvor was gone for so long, the teen made no effort to comment on such a point. He probably ventured south towards Byzantium, though the trek itself had its own dangers. He had been there once or twice, and it was honestly one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen. “Time has a way of changing people. It’s just up to them on how.” He had Kit and Berk to thank for dragging him out of the darkness of his own mind, so those words could be applied to him as well.

He was a bit surprised when Kit revealed the bone charm, though. It might have been nothing, but there was something strange about the fact that it carried the name of the god of mischief. “I never really knew my parents either. A few dragons found me, took me in, and basically raised me.” Granted, Kit probably already knew this from one of their past encounters, but that was besides the point.
While Ryu found it odd that Halvor was gone for so long, the teen made no effort to comment on such a point. He probably ventured south towards Byzantium, though the trek itself had its own dangers. He had been there once or twice, and it was honestly one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen. “Time has a way of changing people. It’s just up to them on how.” He had Kit and Berk to thank for dragging him out of the darkness of his own mind, so those words could be applied to him as well.

He was a bit surprised when Kit revealed the bone charm, though. It might have been nothing, but there was something strange about the fact that it carried the name of the god of mischief. “I never really knew my parents either. A few dragons found me, took me in, and basically raised me.” Granted, Kit probably already knew this from one of their past encounters, but that was besides the point.
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16