Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Behind The Clouds (closed)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25
She looked at the owner with a frown as she grasped her gun, kissing it before speaking to it quietly.
"Ahh. . . Im'ma miss ya Babe." Avlyn's sigh rang out as she placed it on the table. Looking at the waitress with her blue, or was it green. . . Well, she looked at her with her eyes as she quickly took apart her gun in a flash.
"Please tell me I don't need to leave the parts outside. I can't bear think of leaving my baby alone out there to be stolen." The parts were in a small pile at the table, gears and all.

She cracked each finger individually, her body sore and tired from not eating enough and stressed that this place had no alcohol. She could tell by just looking around this place. Rubbing her oiled hands on her face, she looked up at the shop owner.
"Do you have any alcohol? Or anything that is cooked with alcohol? Or something with alcohol- please I'm going crazy." Realizing what she just said she whined as she shook her head. Groaning and rubbing her hands in her face from stress and tiredness, she looked up at her again. "I'm sorry. . . haven't eaten a decent meal that hasn't been burnt in days. . . What I am trying to say is, do you have anything that has alcohol? If not, do you at least server caffeinated tea or something with alcohol? If I leave, then I won't have enough time to wake up before I open up shop. So I need something to wake me up."

Playing with the pieces of her baby, she stared at it. Zachryius was it's name and only a dragon who knew how it was made, what pieces did what to fire raw power from the dragon could fire or ever wield it. Since she made it with her hands and heart, she could make it no problem. Watching her baby in pieces made her feel like she was pieces. Oh how she loved her baby, she would make sure no one would ever touch it's pieces. Whispering to the gun, she muttered in silence.
"Only Mama can see you like this. It's only going to be for a while. . . The Dragon's Keep is just right around a few alleys with some corners and then you'll be with all my other children. . . "
She looked at the owner with a frown as she grasped her gun, kissing it before speaking to it quietly.
"Ahh. . . Im'ma miss ya Babe." Avlyn's sigh rang out as she placed it on the table. Looking at the waitress with her blue, or was it green. . . Well, she looked at her with her eyes as she quickly took apart her gun in a flash.
"Please tell me I don't need to leave the parts outside. I can't bear think of leaving my baby alone out there to be stolen." The parts were in a small pile at the table, gears and all.

She cracked each finger individually, her body sore and tired from not eating enough and stressed that this place had no alcohol. She could tell by just looking around this place. Rubbing her oiled hands on her face, she looked up at the shop owner.
"Do you have any alcohol? Or anything that is cooked with alcohol? Or something with alcohol- please I'm going crazy." Realizing what she just said she whined as she shook her head. Groaning and rubbing her hands in her face from stress and tiredness, she looked up at her again. "I'm sorry. . . haven't eaten a decent meal that hasn't been burnt in days. . . What I am trying to say is, do you have anything that has alcohol? If not, do you at least server caffeinated tea or something with alcohol? If I leave, then I won't have enough time to wake up before I open up shop. So I need something to wake me up."

Playing with the pieces of her baby, she stared at it. Zachryius was it's name and only a dragon who knew how it was made, what pieces did what to fire raw power from the dragon could fire or ever wield it. Since she made it with her hands and heart, she could make it no problem. Watching her baby in pieces made her feel like she was pieces. Oh how she loved her baby, she would make sure no one would ever touch it's pieces. Whispering to the gun, she muttered in silence.
"Only Mama can see you like this. It's only going to be for a while. . . The Dragon's Keep is just right around a few alleys with some corners and then you'll be with all my other children. . . "
"The best I got is some bourbon chicken, so I suppose I could give you that, and we have the best brew in New York too if that interests ya." Kris said, writing down he order quietly as the woman cooed at her gun. Not the weirdest thing she had seen from people, but among the top twenty at least. So mabye she had seen her fair share of potheads blabbering, but a sober human was still a strange thing.
"If not, you can look at our menu, I have plenty of things that should peak your interest."
"The best I got is some bourbon chicken, so I suppose I could give you that, and we have the best brew in New York too if that interests ya." Kris said, writing down he order quietly as the woman cooed at her gun. Not the weirdest thing she had seen from people, but among the top twenty at least. So mabye she had seen her fair share of potheads blabbering, but a sober human was still a strange thing.
"If not, you can look at our menu, I have plenty of things that should peak your interest."
tumblr_p7kcvo0jw61qatlkdo1_500.gif
https://orig00.deviantart.net/cc25/f/2013/109/e/e/warframe_by_lozylo-d629oin.png
She looked around and sighed. “Sure, and can it be to go?”Lowering her voice as she spoke to the owner, as if trying to hide something. “ I'm usually not out of my shop for long periods of time, if the wrong person finds it. . .”
She groaned as she slumped on the bar’s table. Muttering again to her, she spoke again. “I'll just be asleep here, can you at least tell me when it's done. I need to go back soon.”

Moving her arms, she grabbed all the pieces of her gun and had it under her arms. The pocket watch ticked as she heard people. Yet there was something in her chest that made her feel even more sadder than before. The feeling was as if she wasn't just hurting or if her house was dying. It was as if the world around her was dying. Looking up quickly, a tear slipped down her cheeks as she then burrowed her face in her arms and pieces of her gun.
She looked around and sighed. “Sure, and can it be to go?”Lowering her voice as she spoke to the owner, as if trying to hide something. “ I'm usually not out of my shop for long periods of time, if the wrong person finds it. . .”
She groaned as she slumped on the bar’s table. Muttering again to her, she spoke again. “I'll just be asleep here, can you at least tell me when it's done. I need to go back soon.”

Moving her arms, she grabbed all the pieces of her gun and had it under her arms. The pocket watch ticked as she heard people. Yet there was something in her chest that made her feel even more sadder than before. The feeling was as if she wasn't just hurting or if her house was dying. It was as if the world around her was dying. Looking up quickly, a tear slipped down her cheeks as she then burrowed her face in her arms and pieces of her gun.
@Ragnaroc

Zarak stiffened as the boy actually flirted with him. Pausing in his mauling of the steak, he looked the boy over with an appraising eye. It all lasted for a second as one overwhelming factor turned Zarak off, the boy was simply too much of a boy. He wasn't one to acquire partners who could be seen as his own kid, he liked his men exactly as that; men.

Glancing at Engel -who for all her poking and pouting at her food, had still mamaged to wipe her plate clean- he nodded in satisfaction before grabbing his wallet and placing about thirty bucks on the table. Thinking that should be more than enough for both plates and a tip, he stood and got out of the booth.

Startling Engel, she looked up quickly as she noticed Zarak's bulk moving. "We're leaving?" A wistful time entered her voice as she looked over her shoulder at her almost friend. The boy was still seating there with those delicious looking tacos....

"Yes. We still need to find a place to sleep, and see if we can meet with the leader of the clan we want." Listing the things still needed to be done, Zarak didn't mention that the crowd around them was making him restless too.

Luckily Engel was use to Zarak's moods and unspoken words. Instinctively she knew that there was more to the pictures than what he was letting on. So instead of having a cow over the incident, she took his much larger hand and smiled up at him.

"I'm ready whenever you are Zar." She chirped out with a light squeeze from her hand. For once Zarak let a soft smile grace his lips, one that he reserved just for Engel.

"Alright kiddo, let's hit the road then." Leaving the restaurant without a backwards glance. Zarak took a deep breath once his boots hit the concrete outside. Small spaces with lots of people always put him on the edge. Maybe years of living in the underworld made him skittish of the large crowds, although he never sees the need to change that habit either.

Engel glanced up at Zarak and tugged his arm. "Let's go Zar! I want to see what this clan looks like!" Hearing her excitment in her voice, Zarak chuckled lightly before walking on.
@Ragnaroc

Zarak stiffened as the boy actually flirted with him. Pausing in his mauling of the steak, he looked the boy over with an appraising eye. It all lasted for a second as one overwhelming factor turned Zarak off, the boy was simply too much of a boy. He wasn't one to acquire partners who could be seen as his own kid, he liked his men exactly as that; men.

Glancing at Engel -who for all her poking and pouting at her food, had still mamaged to wipe her plate clean- he nodded in satisfaction before grabbing his wallet and placing about thirty bucks on the table. Thinking that should be more than enough for both plates and a tip, he stood and got out of the booth.

Startling Engel, she looked up quickly as she noticed Zarak's bulk moving. "We're leaving?" A wistful time entered her voice as she looked over her shoulder at her almost friend. The boy was still seating there with those delicious looking tacos....

"Yes. We still need to find a place to sleep, and see if we can meet with the leader of the clan we want." Listing the things still needed to be done, Zarak didn't mention that the crowd around them was making him restless too.

Luckily Engel was use to Zarak's moods and unspoken words. Instinctively she knew that there was more to the pictures than what he was letting on. So instead of having a cow over the incident, she took his much larger hand and smiled up at him.

"I'm ready whenever you are Zar." She chirped out with a light squeeze from her hand. For once Zarak let a soft smile grace his lips, one that he reserved just for Engel.

"Alright kiddo, let's hit the road then." Leaving the restaurant without a backwards glance. Zarak took a deep breath once his boots hit the concrete outside. Small spaces with lots of people always put him on the edge. Maybe years of living in the underworld made him skittish of the large crowds, although he never sees the need to change that habit either.

Engel glanced up at Zarak and tugged his arm. "Let's go Zar! I want to see what this clan looks like!" Hearing her excitment in her voice, Zarak chuckled lightly before walking on.
Rhett

The implications of this potentially being an attack made Rhett's stomach churn as he nearly doubled over, walking away from the wreckage.

"Considering the condition of that... poor *******, I don't think there's gonna be much to identify him with, unless he's wearing dog tags, but I didn't see any..." He did what he could to cover up his feelings about the matter, especially once Gronk actually managed to transform. He hadn't seen his pact partner's dragon form in what felt like ages now, it was almost enough to make him forget what had shaken him up so much in the first place.

"Not a mindless freak at all... Looking like the same hero I remember fighting beside so many times before," he said as he moved to climb onto the dragon, making sure he gripped him tightly once he was on board. He hadn't flown this way for a while now, he didn't want to risk falling off on account of his dragon-rider experience being a little rusty.

"Alright, let's get a move on then, ready when you are," Rhett said as energetically as he could muster, but he still felt unease about something. He couldn't help but worry this was the start of the undermining of all the peace everyone had struggled and suffered to achieve... It might've just seemed like a slightly mysterious wreck, but... something about it all really brought some worry to the old veteran. He could only pray it was unwarranted...

---

Atticus/Sawyer

"Wait... you're really saying we should just try sneakin' in there and hopin' your daddy doesn't find out? That's ah... pretty bold thinkin' there, Tiamat, I gotta say," Sawyer said in a rare form of astonishment.

"No kidding... If Tiemeth finds out I let two uninvited guests in, and one of them was human for that matter... even if Tiamat took responsibility I'd probably lose my job in an instant... Still..." Atticus seemed a bit uneasy, but he nonetheless looked to be putting forth the effort to speak his mind, no matter how risky the consequences seemed. "...If this is anything near as big as the incident that happened two years ago, it's worth taking a risk to at least figure out if anything's about to go down before it happens. Last time we were caught off guard we nearly lost everything. We just... well... we have to make sure you two aren't noticed. Sawyer, I know you've had experience hiding away from... certain authorities before, but... dragons tend to be a little more observant. You'll both have to be more careful than you've likely ever been in your freakin' life." He turned to Tiamat at that. "...and if they do get caught, I'm gonna make sure I take responsibility for it too. You shouldn't have to take all the blame for yourself."
Rhett

The implications of this potentially being an attack made Rhett's stomach churn as he nearly doubled over, walking away from the wreckage.

"Considering the condition of that... poor *******, I don't think there's gonna be much to identify him with, unless he's wearing dog tags, but I didn't see any..." He did what he could to cover up his feelings about the matter, especially once Gronk actually managed to transform. He hadn't seen his pact partner's dragon form in what felt like ages now, it was almost enough to make him forget what had shaken him up so much in the first place.

"Not a mindless freak at all... Looking like the same hero I remember fighting beside so many times before," he said as he moved to climb onto the dragon, making sure he gripped him tightly once he was on board. He hadn't flown this way for a while now, he didn't want to risk falling off on account of his dragon-rider experience being a little rusty.

"Alright, let's get a move on then, ready when you are," Rhett said as energetically as he could muster, but he still felt unease about something. He couldn't help but worry this was the start of the undermining of all the peace everyone had struggled and suffered to achieve... It might've just seemed like a slightly mysterious wreck, but... something about it all really brought some worry to the old veteran. He could only pray it was unwarranted...

---

Atticus/Sawyer

"Wait... you're really saying we should just try sneakin' in there and hopin' your daddy doesn't find out? That's ah... pretty bold thinkin' there, Tiamat, I gotta say," Sawyer said in a rare form of astonishment.

"No kidding... If Tiemeth finds out I let two uninvited guests in, and one of them was human for that matter... even if Tiamat took responsibility I'd probably lose my job in an instant... Still..." Atticus seemed a bit uneasy, but he nonetheless looked to be putting forth the effort to speak his mind, no matter how risky the consequences seemed. "...If this is anything near as big as the incident that happened two years ago, it's worth taking a risk to at least figure out if anything's about to go down before it happens. Last time we were caught off guard we nearly lost everything. We just... well... we have to make sure you two aren't noticed. Sawyer, I know you've had experience hiding away from... certain authorities before, but... dragons tend to be a little more observant. You'll both have to be more careful than you've likely ever been in your freakin' life." He turned to Tiamat at that. "...and if they do get caught, I'm gonna make sure I take responsibility for it too. You shouldn't have to take all the blame for yourself."
"Alright then." Kris said, taking a minute to grab the payment for the meal and clean the table with a soap-water mixture in a spray bottle, scrubbing the mess until the table shined.
She threw the dishes into a dishwasher, then grabbed two pans and began cooking the chicken, ignoring the woman who was now crying. Over a watch and gun. Top fifteen weirdest customers now, at least she wasn't rude.
They continued cooking, fragrant spices, meats, some vegetables, all making the air smell like the word delicious
"Bourbon chicken with vegetables, and a black coffee." Kris read out to the woman, pouring her a mug of the fresh brew.
"If you need cream, just ask" she said, walking back behind the counter to clean the pans she had just used.
"Alright then." Kris said, taking a minute to grab the payment for the meal and clean the table with a soap-water mixture in a spray bottle, scrubbing the mess until the table shined.
She threw the dishes into a dishwasher, then grabbed two pans and began cooking the chicken, ignoring the woman who was now crying. Over a watch and gun. Top fifteen weirdest customers now, at least she wasn't rude.
They continued cooking, fragrant spices, meats, some vegetables, all making the air smell like the word delicious
"Bourbon chicken with vegetables, and a black coffee." Kris read out to the woman, pouring her a mug of the fresh brew.
"If you need cream, just ask" she said, walking back behind the counter to clean the pans she had just used.
https://orig00.deviantart.net/cc25/f/2013/109/e/e/warframe_by_lozylo-d629oin.png
@Foxbrush
Her eyes widened as she immediately grabbed the chicken and started to eat it. Her eyes shown no trace of crying nor her face, as if she hadn't cried at all. Her watch was ticking on the table and as she peered at it, her eyes widened. In less than four minutes she would have to reveal her shop and open it and be working in her workshop.

Chewing quickly as she sadly couldn't enjoy her food, she placed down what seemed to be a few Pesos, a Euro, mixed with Fifteen American coins and dollars. There in the mix of the change and money, she accidentally left a business card- The Dragons Keep: Come in for your Daily Dragon Doo-dads and More! What seemed to be a city in Mexico under the location of the card, it faded into New York with a specific street that if one knew the location, it would be somewhere round an alleyway.

Quickly picking up the pieces of her gun and placing them together in a even more quicker version than before, she waved to the Kris as she placed her baby Zachryius in her knitted holster as she chugged her coffee straight. "Ahhh! Good food. Would of burnt myself if I haven’t done this before. Thanks Miss, but I really must be on my way."

Shrugging her brown worn jacket on her shoulders and throwing her hat to blend in, she ran out of the shop only to bump into a tall man with his. . . was that his sister? Looking up at him quickly and apologizing as she picked up her golden pocket-watch and struggled to attach it to her belt. Looking back and forth at the two, she handed the girl a business card with writing on it. Find me and I’ll help you. She smiled quick before darting into the crowd. She brushed her hands as she made it to her house with a grin and climbed in. Checking her little golden pocket watch, she noticed she had enough time to reveal her shop and home.

Closing her eyes, she thought words of the wind as they helped brighten her house and reveal it to the outside. Probably a head turned, since after all. . . Only dragons can see her home and come in to ask for help with their troubles. Rushing upstairs, she plopped down on her bench, waiting and hoping that they followed the signs.
@Foxbrush
Her eyes widened as she immediately grabbed the chicken and started to eat it. Her eyes shown no trace of crying nor her face, as if she hadn't cried at all. Her watch was ticking on the table and as she peered at it, her eyes widened. In less than four minutes she would have to reveal her shop and open it and be working in her workshop.

Chewing quickly as she sadly couldn't enjoy her food, she placed down what seemed to be a few Pesos, a Euro, mixed with Fifteen American coins and dollars. There in the mix of the change and money, she accidentally left a business card- The Dragons Keep: Come in for your Daily Dragon Doo-dads and More! What seemed to be a city in Mexico under the location of the card, it faded into New York with a specific street that if one knew the location, it would be somewhere round an alleyway.

Quickly picking up the pieces of her gun and placing them together in a even more quicker version than before, she waved to the Kris as she placed her baby Zachryius in her knitted holster as she chugged her coffee straight. "Ahhh! Good food. Would of burnt myself if I haven’t done this before. Thanks Miss, but I really must be on my way."

Shrugging her brown worn jacket on her shoulders and throwing her hat to blend in, she ran out of the shop only to bump into a tall man with his. . . was that his sister? Looking up at him quickly and apologizing as she picked up her golden pocket-watch and struggled to attach it to her belt. Looking back and forth at the two, she handed the girl a business card with writing on it. Find me and I’ll help you. She smiled quick before darting into the crowd. She brushed her hands as she made it to her house with a grin and climbed in. Checking her little golden pocket watch, she noticed she had enough time to reveal her shop and home.

Closing her eyes, she thought words of the wind as they helped brighten her house and reveal it to the outside. Probably a head turned, since after all. . . Only dragons can see her home and come in to ask for help with their troubles. Rushing upstairs, she plopped down on her bench, waiting and hoping that they followed the signs.
"Uh.. Thanks?" Kris said, obviously confused as the woman left her restaurant, though her payment was enough for her meal, tax and tip, if you converted the currency anyway. She could pay the exchanged stuff out of her pocket for now. Not a big deal.
There was also the card. She watched as the location changed as she looked at it, noting the new address for later, while trying to figure out what it was. She could be a transmogrification wizard, making sculptures, but she could also be a dragon, of course. . Either, way this lady was a dragon too or a magic user. This place was a magnet for these kinds of people today, not that she had any problems, of course, it was just strange.
While she waited for the two others to finish their meals and pay, she began working on other items, for later customers, mainly pre-chopping vegetables and washing dishes, but it was something to do.
"Uh.. Thanks?" Kris said, obviously confused as the woman left her restaurant, though her payment was enough for her meal, tax and tip, if you converted the currency anyway. She could pay the exchanged stuff out of her pocket for now. Not a big deal.
There was also the card. She watched as the location changed as she looked at it, noting the new address for later, while trying to figure out what it was. She could be a transmogrification wizard, making sculptures, but she could also be a dragon, of course. . Either, way this lady was a dragon too or a magic user. This place was a magnet for these kinds of people today, not that she had any problems, of course, it was just strange.
While she waited for the two others to finish their meals and pay, she began working on other items, for later customers, mainly pre-chopping vegetables and washing dishes, but it was something to do.
Draco and Volcom

Having never been around humans Draco and Volcom were rather unaware of all of the laws and customs of the outside world. Spreading their wings they took to flight using the heavy updrafts to give them enough lift to travel long distance. Draco had could easily go much farther given that her wing area was massive compared to most dragons. Volcom would have to take a small break for his flight as it would expel more energy for him to keep pace with Draco. They did not know where they were heading, all they knew was that they were bringing winter weather with them. As they traveled it would become obvious a storm was heading south on any number of weather and news stations.
Mira

Mira wandered down the streets of New York. There was no rhyme or reason for her wandering. Everything looked familiar to her but she couldn't recall any of it. as she wandered she came across several street performers. Each of them had the attention of other onlookers as they did different types of performances ranging from playing music to juggling or even acting like statues. 'Humans are very curious.' she thought to herself as she watched each of the performers. Those that acted like statues were by far the most impressive and entertaining to her.
Draco and Volcom

Having never been around humans Draco and Volcom were rather unaware of all of the laws and customs of the outside world. Spreading their wings they took to flight using the heavy updrafts to give them enough lift to travel long distance. Draco had could easily go much farther given that her wing area was massive compared to most dragons. Volcom would have to take a small break for his flight as it would expel more energy for him to keep pace with Draco. They did not know where they were heading, all they knew was that they were bringing winter weather with them. As they traveled it would become obvious a storm was heading south on any number of weather and news stations.
Mira

Mira wandered down the streets of New York. There was no rhyme or reason for her wandering. Everything looked familiar to her but she couldn't recall any of it. as she wandered she came across several street performers. Each of them had the attention of other onlookers as they did different types of performances ranging from playing music to juggling or even acting like statues. 'Humans are very curious.' she thought to herself as she watched each of the performers. Those that acted like statues were by far the most impressive and entertaining to her.
New York City, Senji

Watching people stand and walk by him as he leaned against a small tree. Listening to the people doing various things. Like some laughing at performances and dancing along to the beats. He couldn't help but smile and stare at the fun. Part of him wanted to join, but he didn't. He once was a dragon who was very carefree and enjoyed trying to make others feel better. The dragon would even pick fun at his enemies. These days the old fun and loving Senji is starting to slip away.

He works for John and is supposed to be keeping an eye on Havok. Whispering to himself the dragon put his mouth into his collar. "That dragon doesn't need me to be watching him. Besides he went into the Dokusei Tower I cannot get inside it. I have tried that place is well secured". Watching the people having a good time he then thought for a moment. Maybe he should try to make it seem like he was looking for Tiemeth's services. It would be lying and could be risky! Senji had to get in and make sure that black dragon was behaving.

He then walked a bit and stopped next to a woman. Not really looking at her, the dragon tried to blend with the other onlookers." Wow! That is so good! Wish I could do stuff like that!". He then clapped his hands playing his own act. Senji was still trying work his plan into his head. Was he really going to lie to the Dokusei just to keep tabs on Havok? That dragon was dangerous, John knows it and that is why he sent Senji. Funny does the president not fully trust his dragon?
New York City, Senji

Watching people stand and walk by him as he leaned against a small tree. Listening to the people doing various things. Like some laughing at performances and dancing along to the beats. He couldn't help but smile and stare at the fun. Part of him wanted to join, but he didn't. He once was a dragon who was very carefree and enjoyed trying to make others feel better. The dragon would even pick fun at his enemies. These days the old fun and loving Senji is starting to slip away.

He works for John and is supposed to be keeping an eye on Havok. Whispering to himself the dragon put his mouth into his collar. "That dragon doesn't need me to be watching him. Besides he went into the Dokusei Tower I cannot get inside it. I have tried that place is well secured". Watching the people having a good time he then thought for a moment. Maybe he should try to make it seem like he was looking for Tiemeth's services. It would be lying and could be risky! Senji had to get in and make sure that black dragon was behaving.

He then walked a bit and stopped next to a woman. Not really looking at her, the dragon tried to blend with the other onlookers." Wow! That is so good! Wish I could do stuff like that!". He then clapped his hands playing his own act. Senji was still trying work his plan into his head. Was he really going to lie to the Dokusei just to keep tabs on Havok? That dragon was dangerous, John knows it and that is why he sent Senji. Funny does the president not fully trust his dragon?
A frog in a well does not know the great sea.
Good things, many devils.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25