Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [LF] 1x1 RP Partner
1 2 3 4
Hoo boy okay. it's been a while, but I kind of want to try RPing again? I've been listening to a few dnd podcasts here n there, so it's got me itching to write. [b]About me and my habits:[/b] Nice to meet you! I'm [b]Nhu[/b]. I've been RPing on and off since probably middle school, so I can confidently say I've got [b]6 or 7 years of experience altogether[/b]. I tend to be longwinded, but at bare minimum, [b]I match length[/b]. Keep in mind: I'm an adult with a job that consumes at least 10-12 hours of my day every day. Some days I'll be too exhausted to respond, and I need a partner that can respect that. [b]I'm in this for a fun time and a good story, not to be saddled with an obligation to respond.[/b] Ultimately, I'd like to become friends - as such, I'd really prefer it if you were [b]older than 18[/b]. It's not bc I want an NSFW rp (because I really, really don't), but because I am an adult and I would rather interact with people who act like adults. If we hit it off, I've got [b]twitter, skype, discord n googledocs/email[/b] and we can chat on one of those platforms. I'm on [b]Pacific Time Zone[/b]. As far as things I enjoy as an individual - I don't have much time in the day these days, so unfortunately my hobbies are pretty limited. I enjoy food, cartoons, cats, and anime. If you want to get an idea for what kinds of things I like, out of this season's anime I enjoy Houseki no Kuni and Kino no Tabi the most. I also really love Golden Kamuy, which will be getting an anime soon! Overall, I like all kinds of stuff, but my favorite things involve interesting worldbuilding, genuine character friendships/relationships, and light-hearted plots. [b]Things I don't rp:[/b] [u]Big nope's include:[/u] [list] [*]NSFW (once hands go under clothes I gotta fade to black) [*]Guro/Gore/Torture/Mutilation (Action gore is fine) [*]Dragons/quads (sorry just not my thing) [*]High school [*]Anything that's got slaves/slavery in it, romanticized or not [*]Canon characters/fandoms* [/list] *however I'm willing to rp in a fandom universe [b]Things I love:[/b] [list] [*]Anything with really cool worldbuilding, or adventures [*]Demons, Werewolves, etc. Love me them monsters [*]Things with ghosts n mysteries - doesn't necessarily have to be horror [*]Superpowers/mutants/witches etc. [*]Ye olde tyme-inspired fantasie (especially if we're not talkin' pseudo-europe) [*]Mythology/fairy tale/folk-inspired [*]Urban/Modern fantasy [*]Organized Crime [*][s]Pacific rim[/s] TWO PEOPLE FIGHTING ALONGSIDE ONE ANOTHER AGAINST UNSTOPPABLE FORCES [s]IN GIANT MACHINES[/s] [*]Combinations of pretty much any of the above (+ anything you might be interested in?) [/list] I'm usually down for pretty much anything else. As far as romance goes, as the rp doesn't solely revolve around it I love it! As long as I see potential between the characters, I'm down. I've got a preference for queer/poly relationships, but I'm not picky at all :3
Hoo boy okay. it's been a while, but I kind of want to try RPing again? I've been listening to a few dnd podcasts here n there, so it's got me itching to write.

About me and my habits:
Nice to meet you! I'm Nhu. I've been RPing on and off since probably middle school, so I can confidently say I've got 6 or 7 years of experience altogether. I tend to be longwinded, but at bare minimum, I match length. Keep in mind: I'm an adult with a job that consumes at least 10-12 hours of my day every day. Some days I'll be too exhausted to respond, and I need a partner that can respect that. I'm in this for a fun time and a good story, not to be saddled with an obligation to respond. Ultimately, I'd like to become friends - as such, I'd really prefer it if you were older than 18. It's not bc I want an NSFW rp (because I really, really don't), but because I am an adult and I would rather interact with people who act like adults. If we hit it off, I've got twitter, skype, discord n googledocs/email and we can chat on one of those platforms. I'm on Pacific Time Zone.

As far as things I enjoy as an individual - I don't have much time in the day these days, so unfortunately my hobbies are pretty limited. I enjoy food, cartoons, cats, and anime. If you want to get an idea for what kinds of things I like, out of this season's anime I enjoy Houseki no Kuni and Kino no Tabi the most. I also really love Golden Kamuy, which will be getting an anime soon! Overall, I like all kinds of stuff, but my favorite things involve interesting worldbuilding, genuine character friendships/relationships, and light-hearted plots.

Things I don't rp:
Big nope's include:
  • NSFW (once hands go under clothes I gotta fade to black)
  • Guro/Gore/Torture/Mutilation (Action gore is fine)
  • Dragons/quads (sorry just not my thing)
  • High school
  • Anything that's got slaves/slavery in it, romanticized or not
  • Canon characters/fandoms*
*however I'm willing to rp in a fandom universe

Things I love:
  • Anything with really cool worldbuilding, or adventures
  • Demons, Werewolves, etc. Love me them monsters
  • Things with ghosts n mysteries - doesn't necessarily have to be horror
  • Superpowers/mutants/witches etc.
  • Ye olde tyme-inspired fantasie (especially if we're not talkin' pseudo-europe)
  • Mythology/fairy tale/folk-inspired
  • Urban/Modern fantasy
  • Organized Crime
  • Pacific rim TWO PEOPLE FIGHTING ALONGSIDE ONE ANOTHER AGAINST UNSTOPPABLE FORCES IN GIANT MACHINES
  • Combinations of pretty much any of the above (+ anything you might be interested in?)

I'm usually down for pretty much anything else. As far as romance goes, as the rp doesn't solely revolve around it I love it! As long as I see potential between the characters, I'm down. I've got a preference for queer/poly relationships, but I'm not picky at all :3
Boop
Boop
Boooooop
Boooooop
boopboop
boopboop
@Shamelesscooper

yo! are you still looking for an rp partner? i'd be willing to set something up with you!

i'm 22, so no worries there. i tend to write between 3 and 4 paragraphs, with room to go (much) longer, but also shorter too! i'm also on pacific time, and i have discord, though i prefer to rp on google docs or the forums.

i love worldbuilding! and building relationships! i also love fantasy of all kinds, and though i've never done an organized crime rp it sounds like a blast. i will also rp in any kind of apocalyptic setting because i just. love the apocalypse. it has been a literal eternity since i've watched pacific rim, but something along those lines would be a ok with me!

i'm also a sucker for romance, and i also prefer queer relationships! let me know if you're interested! c:
@Shamelesscooper

yo! are you still looking for an rp partner? i'd be willing to set something up with you!

i'm 22, so no worries there. i tend to write between 3 and 4 paragraphs, with room to go (much) longer, but also shorter too! i'm also on pacific time, and i have discord, though i prefer to rp on google docs or the forums.

i love worldbuilding! and building relationships! i also love fantasy of all kinds, and though i've never done an organized crime rp it sounds like a blast. i will also rp in any kind of apocalyptic setting because i just. love the apocalypse. it has been a literal eternity since i've watched pacific rim, but something along those lines would be a ok with me!

i'm also a sucker for romance, and i also prefer queer relationships! let me know if you're interested! c:
endure and survive.
@incalyscent
Yes I'm totally still looking for one!

I'll be happy to work with you on googledocs. Someone else was telling me the magic of googledocs and stuff so I'm totally happy to give it a shot.

Are you down for combining a couple of those ideas? It wouldn't be difficult at all to set upan organized crime in an apocalyptic/dystopian society. Fantasy's also doable - or I mean we can always do our own brand of fantasy (i.e., powers, mutations, what have you due to nuclear fallout in an apocalyptic society? idk just throwing out ideas.) Your thoughts?

If you're interested in romance we can definitely put something together! We might need to compare characters and see which ones might stick.
@incalyscent
Yes I'm totally still looking for one!

I'll be happy to work with you on googledocs. Someone else was telling me the magic of googledocs and stuff so I'm totally happy to give it a shot.

Are you down for combining a couple of those ideas? It wouldn't be difficult at all to set upan organized crime in an apocalyptic/dystopian society. Fantasy's also doable - or I mean we can always do our own brand of fantasy (i.e., powers, mutations, what have you due to nuclear fallout in an apocalyptic society? idk just throwing out ideas.) Your thoughts?

If you're interested in romance we can definitely put something together! We might need to compare characters and see which ones might stick.
@Shamelesscooper

cool! yeah google docs is great because there's no word limit and it has spellcheck, praise the lord

yeah we could do something like that! nuclear apocalypse causes some powers to crop up in humans? and then we could have an established thieving/assassination/raiders/whatever in that world. that'd be cool with me c:

that sounds good! romance is cool as long as it's not the main plot or whatever. i have a lot of characters, so i should be able to find something to mesh with whoever you'd like to play!
@Shamelesscooper

cool! yeah google docs is great because there's no word limit and it has spellcheck, praise the lord

yeah we could do something like that! nuclear apocalypse causes some powers to crop up in humans? and then we could have an established thieving/assassination/raiders/whatever in that world. that'd be cool with me c:

that sounds good! romance is cool as long as it's not the main plot or whatever. i have a lot of characters, so i should be able to find something to mesh with whoever you'd like to play!
endure and survive.
@incalyscent
TWO THINGS I AM VERY MUCH DEPENDENT ON SO!!! Im down for it.

We'd probably have to end up doing osme worldbuilding before we get into this just to make sure we're on the same page, but yeah!!! I'm excited!!!!!!

Do you have anywhere where you keep a list of your characters ready? cuz I totally don't 0 I've been spending the past hour drafting up a listof characters for another rp I'm setting up :P
@incalyscent
TWO THINGS I AM VERY MUCH DEPENDENT ON SO!!! Im down for it.

We'd probably have to end up doing osme worldbuilding before we get into this just to make sure we're on the same page, but yeah!!! I'm excited!!!!!!

Do you have anywhere where you keep a list of your characters ready? cuz I totally don't 0 I've been spending the past hour drafting up a listof characters for another rp I'm setting up :P
@Shamelesscooper

god, same

yes yes! we can do that over pm or discord or something if you like! i am also excited this will be rad

I DO not that most of them have bios or anything. they're all set up for original worlds and junk but they are usually pretty flexible! you can find them here and for a little more context, the (very unfinished) hireath weebly is here!
@Shamelesscooper

god, same

yes yes! we can do that over pm or discord or something if you like! i am also excited this will be rad

I DO not that most of them have bios or anything. they're all set up for original worlds and junk but they are usually pretty flexible! you can find them here and for a little more context, the (very unfinished) hireath weebly is here!
endure and survive.
@incalyscent
Real quick, are we going to be using the world of Hireath for our rp? I totally dont mind - just want to make sure, since you've got a set of different races and things that we can use as character fodder :3
@incalyscent
Real quick, are we going to be using the world of Hireath for our rp? I totally dont mind - just want to make sure, since you've got a set of different races and things that we can use as character fodder :3
1 2 3 4