Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Undying Light (CLOSED)
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 125 126
The man chuckled softly again and nodded.
He watched Mars go before he too returned to the camp; this time he picked up the fish he hadn't touched, the ones still with scales and bones and weren't cooked. He gathered them and headed back to the stream.
It was possible for him to eat in his human form, but he wasn't able to taste anything. His kelpie form wasn't much help either, but at least it got some flavor from the fish.

Hiding in the brush by the stream lest he scare everyone again with his appearance, the now horse-looking spirit laid down, long legs tucked underneath his bulk. He scooped some fish into his mouth, chewing away.
He left one ear perked up, alert for any sounds of someone approaching.
The man chuckled softly again and nodded.
He watched Mars go before he too returned to the camp; this time he picked up the fish he hadn't touched, the ones still with scales and bones and weren't cooked. He gathered them and headed back to the stream.
It was possible for him to eat in his human form, but he wasn't able to taste anything. His kelpie form wasn't much help either, but at least it got some flavor from the fish.

Hiding in the brush by the stream lest he scare everyone again with his appearance, the now horse-looking spirit laid down, long legs tucked underneath his bulk. He scooped some fish into his mouth, chewing away.
He left one ear perked up, alert for any sounds of someone approaching.
Hatchery
Art Shop
Lineage Hatchery
xxxxxx69100521.png
88337018.png
@sufferkat
({Can I snag that last Warlock space? Let me know if anything needs to be rewritten! I lost my previous entry, so I'm rushing to get the spot.})

Name: Lazar Bogomolov
Class: Warlock
Race: Vampire ({Yeah, yeah. I know. Suuuuper edgy right?})
Ethnicity: Russian
Sexuality: Asexual

Backstory: Lazar was born as a wealthy nobleman's son. Like any typical privileged child, Lazar became a troublemaker with no fear of consequence. One day, he and his entourage messed with the wrong basserby. As retribution, the creature attacked the group. The vampire decided that, as the leader and instigator, Lazar faced a crueler death than his comrades.
He awoke on the night of his own burial to screaming. His new found hunger was blinded by the sheer confusion and chaos the city was in. Lazar was stunned when he found the cause of the mayhem. The Undying. They swept through the town, leaving no living beings to tell the tale.
Lazar, now reborn from darkness and fueled by revenge, set off to find someone who could teach him how to defeat the creature. He met an old woman who taught him the ways of the warlock. After his training, Lazar began to search for leads to the whereabouts of The Undying.

Physical Description: Lazar was pale when he was alive, but now his skin is like porcelain. His eyes, once a warm brown, are a piercing red. Sharp fangs, slightly pointed ears, and somewhat long fingernails are more new additions since his death. He has a narrow face and lean body. Lazar's dull black hair is tidy and kept no longer than shoulder length.
To protect himself from sunlight, Lazar wears a long, black, hooded cloak. Underneath, he sports long, ratty, black robes decorated with raven feathers. Lazar has numerous small talismans, but his favourite is the large medallion on his chest. It looks like a dream catcher made of bones with an onyx gemstone at its core and raven feathers protruding from the sides.

Personality: For someone who lost his entire way of life and literally died, Lazar's a fairly chipper person. He's mellowed out since his death, yet his habit of trying to impress others is as strong as ever. He enjoys people's company and is always willing to lend an ear. Lazar considers himself a gentleman despite the career path he chose. His self control is his proudest achievement.

Weapons/Powers:
Lazar doesn't carry a staff like most Warlocks. He uses his bone medallion as his main power enhancer. Like all vampires, Lazar has enhanced strength and senses, however his vampiric abilities are weaker than other vampires.
  • Soul Bond: Lazar can summon restless spirits to fight for him. It takes intense focus to call on souls from the beyond, let alone force them to fight, so Lazar is rendered practically immobile while using this ability.
    Lazar can also bind his soul to spirit and send it after another being. This lets him essentially haunt the target from miles away. Like always, this ability renders him incapacitated, but to a lesser extent. He can move and interact with others, but not to a competent level. He sees everything the bonded spirit sees, but he can't make the spirit physically interact with the target.
This power has limitations. Lazar can only summon restless spirits. (Ghosts without a reason to stay, but still bound to the earth) Ghosts with purposes or unfinished business are unaffected by Lazar's power. Lazar may be undead, but he still gets exhausted. The longest time he was able to summon one spirit was 30 minutes. The bonus part of his ability can have devastating consequences. Linking a lost soul to Lazar's causes a piece of that spirit to linger within him. The more he uses it, the more his own soul becomes crowded.
@sufferkat
({Can I snag that last Warlock space? Let me know if anything needs to be rewritten! I lost my previous entry, so I'm rushing to get the spot.})

Name: Lazar Bogomolov
Class: Warlock
Race: Vampire ({Yeah, yeah. I know. Suuuuper edgy right?})
Ethnicity: Russian
Sexuality: Asexual

Backstory: Lazar was born as a wealthy nobleman's son. Like any typical privileged child, Lazar became a troublemaker with no fear of consequence. One day, he and his entourage messed with the wrong basserby. As retribution, the creature attacked the group. The vampire decided that, as the leader and instigator, Lazar faced a crueler death than his comrades.
He awoke on the night of his own burial to screaming. His new found hunger was blinded by the sheer confusion and chaos the city was in. Lazar was stunned when he found the cause of the mayhem. The Undying. They swept through the town, leaving no living beings to tell the tale.
Lazar, now reborn from darkness and fueled by revenge, set off to find someone who could teach him how to defeat the creature. He met an old woman who taught him the ways of the warlock. After his training, Lazar began to search for leads to the whereabouts of The Undying.

Physical Description: Lazar was pale when he was alive, but now his skin is like porcelain. His eyes, once a warm brown, are a piercing red. Sharp fangs, slightly pointed ears, and somewhat long fingernails are more new additions since his death. He has a narrow face and lean body. Lazar's dull black hair is tidy and kept no longer than shoulder length.
To protect himself from sunlight, Lazar wears a long, black, hooded cloak. Underneath, he sports long, ratty, black robes decorated with raven feathers. Lazar has numerous small talismans, but his favourite is the large medallion on his chest. It looks like a dream catcher made of bones with an onyx gemstone at its core and raven feathers protruding from the sides.

Personality: For someone who lost his entire way of life and literally died, Lazar's a fairly chipper person. He's mellowed out since his death, yet his habit of trying to impress others is as strong as ever. He enjoys people's company and is always willing to lend an ear. Lazar considers himself a gentleman despite the career path he chose. His self control is his proudest achievement.

Weapons/Powers:
Lazar doesn't carry a staff like most Warlocks. He uses his bone medallion as his main power enhancer. Like all vampires, Lazar has enhanced strength and senses, however his vampiric abilities are weaker than other vampires.
  • Soul Bond: Lazar can summon restless spirits to fight for him. It takes intense focus to call on souls from the beyond, let alone force them to fight, so Lazar is rendered practically immobile while using this ability.
    Lazar can also bind his soul to spirit and send it after another being. This lets him essentially haunt the target from miles away. Like always, this ability renders him incapacitated, but to a lesser extent. He can move and interact with others, but not to a competent level. He sees everything the bonded spirit sees, but he can't make the spirit physically interact with the target.
This power has limitations. Lazar can only summon restless spirits. (Ghosts without a reason to stay, but still bound to the earth) Ghosts with purposes or unfinished business are unaffected by Lazar's power. Lazar may be undead, but he still gets exhausted. The longest time he was able to summon one spirit was 30 minutes. The bonus part of his ability can have devastating consequences. Linking a lost soul to Lazar's causes a piece of that spirit to linger within him. The more he uses it, the more his own soul becomes crowded.
Just call me Cos! 24, Any/All.
HJLIYn4.png
Roleplayer |Artist | Feral Alien
+4h FR time
@CosmicSymbols As long as the spirit binding is used very rarely, I'll allow it. But it shouldn't be his main weapon, and he shouldn't be perfectly fine afterwards either. As long as there are limitations, almost anything goes. Accepted! He'll be added to the character list shortly.
@CosmicSymbols As long as the spirit binding is used very rarely, I'll allow it. But it shouldn't be his main weapon, and he shouldn't be perfectly fine afterwards either. As long as there are limitations, almost anything goes. Accepted! He'll be added to the character list shortly.
Wy0IOy1.png
[ is there an OOC thread or is this just it? ]
[ is there an OOC thread or is this just it? ]
Hatchery
Art Shop
Lineage Hatchery
xxxxxx69100521.png
88337018.png
((I can make an OOC thread if we need one, what do you all think?))
((I can make an OOC thread if we need one, what do you all think?))
Wy0IOy1.png
(I don't know if it will be used nearly as much as the roleplay thread, and people might lose notifcations for it when they get pinged a lot, but I still think it's a good idea!)

(no but seriously roleplay is really slowing down, wow)

(maybe we should speed it up a little and make it night, so the plot can keep moving forward the next day?)
(I don't know if it will be used nearly as much as the roleplay thread, and people might lose notifcations for it when they get pinged a lot, but I still think it's a good idea!)

(no but seriously roleplay is really slowing down, wow)

(maybe we should speed it up a little and make it night, so the plot can keep moving forward the next day?)
((I think that's a good idea, and I'll check with everyone else before making an OOC thread))
((I think that's a good idea, and I'll check with everyone else before making an OOC thread))
Wy0IOy1.png
((A OC thread is fine by me, it would help keep things more organized))
((A OC thread is fine by me, it would help keep things more organized))
DVynlKm.png cvLaV29.png ePOliyb.png +3 FR time, 19
((Alright, I'm making one now :3 The link will be posted in the front page soon))
((Alright, I'm making one now :3 The link will be posted in the front page soon))
Wy0IOy1.png
((is this paused right now or????))
((is this paused right now or????))

She/her/they/them
I'm
.shattered. .ugly. .breaking. .crashing. .stupid.
.depressed. .broken. .crying. .drowning. .falling apart.
.a demigirl. .not. O K A Y .a crybaby. .gone.
.asexual. .an idiot. .dumb. .too young. .a robot.
.dying. .pathetic. .empty. .fragile. .rejected. .crushed.
Isn't that what I'm supposed to say?

+3 FR time
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 125 126