Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Into the Depths (RP Thread)
1 2

INTO THE DEPTHS

OOC/Sign up Thread

Rules (Nobody likes them but let's keep this RP neat guys ^^)

-Sea Guardians must not be in a romantic relationship with each other, they are considered to be siblings.
-Every FR rules.
-We are LGBT+ friendly.
-No Godmoding (killing, taking over someone else's character without their permission). However the Sea Guardians can be overpowered, but nothing too much, it'll ruin the fun.
-No Mary/Gary Sues.
-At least write up to one paragraph, no one-liners, it'll leave something for people to work with!
-Have fun!

----

INTO THE DEPTHS

OOC/Sign up Thread

Rules (Nobody likes them but let's keep this RP neat guys ^^)

-Sea Guardians must not be in a romantic relationship with each other, they are considered to be siblings.
-Every FR rules.
-We are LGBT+ friendly.
-No Godmoding (killing, taking over someone else's character without their permission). However the Sea Guardians can be overpowered, but nothing too much, it'll ruin the fun.
-No Mary/Gary Sues.
-At least write up to one paragraph, no one-liners, it'll leave something for people to work with!
-Have fun!

----
It was a lively day for kingdoms everywhere across the five oceans. The sun was at its highest point, shone down beautifully on the kingdom, its light reflected on the walls of the castle, the birds were saying their songs and the creatures that inhabit on the Aspidochelone cracked their eyes open to welcome a new day. On the back of their Aspidochelones, children were playing on the street, people gathered around at the market for their trading and morning route, ships from everywhere began for docking or leaving the harbor, they've sent their prayers to the Sea Guardians for the catch today and for protection against the monsters that lurked below the surface. As well as the kingdom's business ships preparing to sail across the sea to another kingdom for important trading.

The ocean was a beautiful yet dangerous place, inhabit with monsters and many sea creatures, not to mention the notorious Raiders on their vessels dominate the surface, armed with deadliest weapons on board and their bottomless greed and thirst for the kill, and their flags raised high and waving with the winds, like a sign of dead was coming that no sailors ever wanted to come across. Below the surface, various type of fishes and sea creatures were just as lively as the people on land, they spread across the sea, swimming about and do their own thing, some hordes were getting ready to migrated to a different part of the ocean or become snacks for the sea monsters that lurking around to find anything that they can get their teeth on.

And for the Sea Guardians, some were up to patrol their borders and keep the monsters in line, protecting their people that sailed across the sea, some remained indifferent to what happen above the surface and continued with their eternal slumber on the bottom of the ocean, not to meddle in with the human's affairs.
It was a lively day for kingdoms everywhere across the five oceans. The sun was at its highest point, shone down beautifully on the kingdom, its light reflected on the walls of the castle, the birds were saying their songs and the creatures that inhabit on the Aspidochelone cracked their eyes open to welcome a new day. On the back of their Aspidochelones, children were playing on the street, people gathered around at the market for their trading and morning route, ships from everywhere began for docking or leaving the harbor, they've sent their prayers to the Sea Guardians for the catch today and for protection against the monsters that lurked below the surface. As well as the kingdom's business ships preparing to sail across the sea to another kingdom for important trading.

The ocean was a beautiful yet dangerous place, inhabit with monsters and many sea creatures, not to mention the notorious Raiders on their vessels dominate the surface, armed with deadliest weapons on board and their bottomless greed and thirst for the kill, and their flags raised high and waving with the winds, like a sign of dead was coming that no sailors ever wanted to come across. Below the surface, various type of fishes and sea creatures were just as lively as the people on land, they spread across the sea, swimming about and do their own thing, some hordes were getting ready to migrated to a different part of the ocean or become snacks for the sea monsters that lurking around to find anything that they can get their teeth on.

And for the Sea Guardians, some were up to patrol their borders and keep the monsters in line, protecting their people that sailed across the sea, some remained indifferent to what happen above the surface and continued with their eternal slumber on the bottom of the ocean, not to meddle in with the human's affairs.
((Open for interactions, Delta's just floating in the ocean doing her thing.))

Mayze Trevil | She / Her | Human Raider | The Eastern Shore of an Aspidochelone

Mayze leaned against the trunk of a giant tree, one leg hanging off of the branch she balanced on. She looked down at her right hand with half-closed eyes and a triumphant smirk as she ran her thumb over the seaglass necklace in her palm. Although most seaglass was inexpensive and commonplace, the variety that was embedded within the pendant was red and softly glowing, raising its value significantly. After she was done admiring the recently acquired prize, Mayze slipped the thin silver chain over her head and clasped it around her neck, letting it hang among a number of other treasures she'd collected in her travels.
Her beloved ship bobbed in the current, tethered to the same tree Mayze sat in. She hopped off of her branch, and untied the knot connecting her ship to the Aspidochelone. She strolled through the sand until she reached her ship, and then climbed the rope ladder leading to the deck. Once she was there, she began preparing the ship for departure. Rupert, meanwhile, originally perched on a different branch of the tree, flapped his wings and landed upon Mayze's head, nestling down and savoring the warmth.
((Open for interactions, Delta's just floating in the ocean doing her thing.))

Mayze leaned against the trunk of a giant tree, one leg hanging off of the branch she balanced on. She looked down at her right hand with half-closed eyes and a triumphant smirk as she ran her thumb over the seaglass necklace in her palm. Although most seaglass was inexpensive and commonplace, the variety that was embedded within the pendant was red and softly glowing, raising its value significantly. After she was done admiring the recently acquired prize, Mayze slipped the thin silver chain over her head and clasped it around her neck, letting it hang among a number of other treasures she'd collected in her travels.
Her beloved ship bobbed in the current, tethered to the same tree Mayze sat in. She hopped off of her branch, and untied the knot connecting her ship to the Aspidochelone. She strolled through the sand until she reached her ship, and then climbed the rope ladder leading to the deck. Once she was there, she began preparing the ship for departure. Rupert, meanwhile, originally perched on a different branch of the tree, flapped his wings and landed upon Mayze's head, nestling down and savoring the warmth.
tumblr_inline_nbax4xlrxv1qg78ij.pngbearded_vulture_by_tathym-daf3vqn.giftumblr_inline_nbax555ssE1qg78ij.png
((I'll be writing in 1st person for BOTH parts if that is okay.))
~Crystal, Sea Guardian, Patrolling her borders
I swam near the edge of my borders. My senses hightened as I went along I heard a large swishing sound coming from up ahead and swam faster to it. I sighed at the sight of a pod of returning Orcas. 'Nothing is wrong at the borders right now, maybe I'll go check up on the Aspidochelones.' I thought and started to swim in their direction.

~Drew, Prince, Palace on one of the Aspidochelones
I woke up as the sun glinted through my window. I threw on my armor and headed towards the dining hall. I sat down and the servants brought me breakfest. I ate slowly and looked out the nearby window. 'Maybe I will see the Guardian today' I thought as I stood up and walked over to the window.

((open for interactions for both.

((@Blurry Do you want Drew and August to be brothers or do you want to have them be part of sperate kingdoms? It's okay if not!))
((I'll be writing in 1st person for BOTH parts if that is okay.))
~Crystal, Sea Guardian, Patrolling her borders
I swam near the edge of my borders. My senses hightened as I went along I heard a large swishing sound coming from up ahead and swam faster to it. I sighed at the sight of a pod of returning Orcas. 'Nothing is wrong at the borders right now, maybe I'll go check up on the Aspidochelones.' I thought and started to swim in their direction.

~Drew, Prince, Palace on one of the Aspidochelones
I woke up as the sun glinted through my window. I threw on my armor and headed towards the dining hall. I sat down and the servants brought me breakfest. I ate slowly and looked out the nearby window. 'Maybe I will see the Guardian today' I thought as I stood up and walked over to the window.

((open for interactions for both.

((@Blurry Do you want Drew and August to be brothers or do you want to have them be part of sperate kingdoms? It's okay if not!))
((@Crystal13 That'd be great if they were adopted brothers!))

- August : Prince : Palace -

It was still odd, somedays, waking up in a palace even though he'd lived there most of his life. Sometimes August expected to wake up and find that everything had been a dream and he was still just a child. But it was no dream and, after a few moments of trying to ignore the sun by pulling the covers of the blankets over his eyes, the man slowly got out of bed. His joints cracked as he stretched and fussed about with his clothing. Deciding what to wear was always hard, no matter how many times he'd been coached in what was proper to wear when. There were just so many choices to make! But, eventually, August managed to throw together something to wear and made his way out of the room and down the hall.

When he arrived in the dining hall, August smiled softly at spotting Drew. "How are you today?" He asked as he walked over to the other man. "You look like you're thinking. Anything important going on in your head?" He paused. "Not, uh, to imply that your thoughts aren't important ever, but..." August waved one hand awkwardly before he quieted.
((@Crystal13 That'd be great if they were adopted brothers!))

- August : Prince : Palace -

It was still odd, somedays, waking up in a palace even though he'd lived there most of his life. Sometimes August expected to wake up and find that everything had been a dream and he was still just a child. But it was no dream and, after a few moments of trying to ignore the sun by pulling the covers of the blankets over his eyes, the man slowly got out of bed. His joints cracked as he stretched and fussed about with his clothing. Deciding what to wear was always hard, no matter how many times he'd been coached in what was proper to wear when. There were just so many choices to make! But, eventually, August managed to throw together something to wear and made his way out of the room and down the hall.

When he arrived in the dining hall, August smiled softly at spotting Drew. "How are you today?" He asked as he walked over to the other man. "You look like you're thinking. Anything important going on in your head?" He paused. "Not, uh, to imply that your thoughts aren't important ever, but..." August waved one hand awkwardly before he quieted.
they/them -- call me leon! -- i draw sometimes!
((@Blurry perfect! Also, no need to ping me, but if you want to you can {subbed}
(Crystal is still headin' over
~Drew: Prince: Palace
I smiled as August tried to correct himself and only made it worse. I laughed slightly and replied, "Calm down, August. There is no need to explain, we are brothers. I know what you meant and to answer it, no, not really. I was just wondering what I always do." I turned to him and saw that his collar on his shirt was up. I fixed it for him as I said, "I find it a bit funny how you are older than me and yet, most still call me the older brother because I grew up in the family. Anyways, I've just got word from one of the foreign palace's trade ships are arriving today with a gift from them to us. It'll dock at around 3 pm. They asked that we both be there."
((@Blurry perfect! Also, no need to ping me, but if you want to you can {subbed}
(Crystal is still headin' over
~Drew: Prince: Palace
I smiled as August tried to correct himself and only made it worse. I laughed slightly and replied, "Calm down, August. There is no need to explain, we are brothers. I know what you meant and to answer it, no, not really. I was just wondering what I always do." I turned to him and saw that his collar on his shirt was up. I fixed it for him as I said, "I find it a bit funny how you are older than me and yet, most still call me the older brother because I grew up in the family. Anyways, I've just got word from one of the foreign palace's trade ships are arriving today with a gift from them to us. It'll dock at around 3 pm. They asked that we both be there."
Not many sailed through her waters. Bolormaa had found that humans were sensitive to the cold, and thus tended to avoid sailing through her area. Her chilly climate never bothered her, so sometimes the fact that humans and low temperatures did not mix confused her. Of course, she would then remind herself that she was not human, and was able to handle a lot of things that they were not able to.

Except for whatever killed her brother.

Bolormaa would try to keep her mind off of that, but it was hard to do so since she most of her time alone. It was just herself and her thoughts, and sometimes her thoughts would pick the topic of her deceased brother to think about. It was very frightening at the time, and it was still scary today. She had never dreamed of anything like that happening, and now it had become something that haunted her. It made her realize that even though she was high above the humans and other creatures, one thing made her equal, and that was that her life could be taken away, too.

Like any other day, Bolormaa was exploring the floor of her ocean. While some of her siblings slept, Bolormaa would swim around in her sea monster form. She was not looking for anything in particular. She would just simply look for anything that caught her giant eyes, whether that be the bottom of a boat from the surface, a sunken artifact, or a sea monster trespassing in her waters. Nothing had been spotted so far, but that did not stop Bolormaa from continuing her search.
Not many sailed through her waters. Bolormaa had found that humans were sensitive to the cold, and thus tended to avoid sailing through her area. Her chilly climate never bothered her, so sometimes the fact that humans and low temperatures did not mix confused her. Of course, she would then remind herself that she was not human, and was able to handle a lot of things that they were not able to.

Except for whatever killed her brother.

Bolormaa would try to keep her mind off of that, but it was hard to do so since she most of her time alone. It was just herself and her thoughts, and sometimes her thoughts would pick the topic of her deceased brother to think about. It was very frightening at the time, and it was still scary today. She had never dreamed of anything like that happening, and now it had become something that haunted her. It made her realize that even though she was high above the humans and other creatures, one thing made her equal, and that was that her life could be taken away, too.

Like any other day, Bolormaa was exploring the floor of her ocean. While some of her siblings slept, Bolormaa would swim around in her sea monster form. She was not looking for anything in particular. She would just simply look for anything that caught her giant eyes, whether that be the bottom of a boat from the surface, a sunken artifact, or a sea monster trespassing in her waters. Nothing had been spotted so far, but that did not stop Bolormaa from continuing her search.
LHgN7Bv.png K • A • I • X • I • N
Hatchery_____Art Shop
Tumblr----_-_-Draw Your Lair
Clan Lore
((Sorry about taking so many days to write this, it's been a particularly busy week)

Narduka |Sheerwing | Off the coast of an Aspidochelone|

A flash of color and movement skirted the surface of the water, marking the passage of a sheerwing at hunt. Narduka let her wingtips brush the waves as she raced past them to reach more open ocean. Her eyes searched the depths she flew, searching for shadows beneath the surface that would indicate the presence of other animals. The water was always fertile around an Aspidochelone– the presence of land allowed for a more complex ecosystem, which in turn fed life to the water below. It was one of the many reasons she had come to live among humans.

One particular shadow caught her eye, triggering an almost instinctive response. The sheerwing beat her wings to pull herself a few meters highers above the water, then folded them inward and dove. The fish darted away, of course, but years of experience allowed her to compensate for their movement, using the force of her dive to come up behind one in a single, lightning-fast jerk. Jaws snapped close on one silvery set of scales, while dozens of others swam quickly out of her reach. Narduka waited for the waters to calm after the outburst, then resurfaced to swallow her catch. She could chase the others, but with their headway on her it’d be a painstaking process. She was fast, very fast, but fish could be fast too, and would change direction faster than she could.

When sheerwings gathered in groups they’d work together to herd schools into a condensed area- their wings would fan out to make living cage, within which younglings could practice their maneuvering without losing the catch for the rest of them. Narduka had seen it before way back when she was a sheerchick. It had been many years, though, since she had last tried to join the breeding congregation, and few other species made suitable partners to herd fish with. There were, of course, the humans. From her place among the waves Narduka could see the commotion at the docks, where fishing boats prepared to set sail. Their nets offered a natural barrier to scare fish towards, making the catch easier for both her and the sailors. The sheerwing hung low in the water, tail swirling in lazy circles to keep her afloat, fans raised in quiet anticipation.

@SteampunkGriffin
Kaliko |human raider| crewmate of Mayze| Eastern Shore of an Aspidochelone|

Do the Aspidochelones dream of us, sitting and living and running on their backs? Would they care if their people disappeared? Their birds flown on, their trees withered? Kaliko lay in her back, running her fingers through the grass below her. She loved the gentle sway of a ship, but it was nice, every now and then, to sit on solid ground and know that below her was something truly alive.

She heard a soft thump, drawing her attention downshore where her the ship had been tied. Kaliko rolled to her knees and snatched up her boots from where she’d kicked them off, pulling them hastily back on. From there she swung lightly to her feet and trotted back to shore. She was distinctly aware of her feet feeling larger and heavier now, when moments before she could feel cool grass sliding between her toes.

She reached the tree the ship had been tied on, and sure enough there was movement aboard to suggest they’d soon be taking off. Her hands fumbled for a braided cord of hemp in one pocket, then pulled her hair together in a knot to keep it from whipping her face when she returned to the endless wind and rolling waves of the sea.

“Do we have a heading, commander?” Kaliko called from where she stood in shore. It made little difference to her where they went, but Mayze had not been her captain for long and she was curious as to how she’d respond.
((Sorry about taking so many days to write this, it's been a particularly busy week)

Narduka |Sheerwing | Off the coast of an Aspidochelone|

A flash of color and movement skirted the surface of the water, marking the passage of a sheerwing at hunt. Narduka let her wingtips brush the waves as she raced past them to reach more open ocean. Her eyes searched the depths she flew, searching for shadows beneath the surface that would indicate the presence of other animals. The water was always fertile around an Aspidochelone– the presence of land allowed for a more complex ecosystem, which in turn fed life to the water below. It was one of the many reasons she had come to live among humans.

One particular shadow caught her eye, triggering an almost instinctive response. The sheerwing beat her wings to pull herself a few meters highers above the water, then folded them inward and dove. The fish darted away, of course, but years of experience allowed her to compensate for their movement, using the force of her dive to come up behind one in a single, lightning-fast jerk. Jaws snapped close on one silvery set of scales, while dozens of others swam quickly out of her reach. Narduka waited for the waters to calm after the outburst, then resurfaced to swallow her catch. She could chase the others, but with their headway on her it’d be a painstaking process. She was fast, very fast, but fish could be fast too, and would change direction faster than she could.

When sheerwings gathered in groups they’d work together to herd schools into a condensed area- their wings would fan out to make living cage, within which younglings could practice their maneuvering without losing the catch for the rest of them. Narduka had seen it before way back when she was a sheerchick. It had been many years, though, since she had last tried to join the breeding congregation, and few other species made suitable partners to herd fish with. There were, of course, the humans. From her place among the waves Narduka could see the commotion at the docks, where fishing boats prepared to set sail. Their nets offered a natural barrier to scare fish towards, making the catch easier for both her and the sailors. The sheerwing hung low in the water, tail swirling in lazy circles to keep her afloat, fans raised in quiet anticipation.

@SteampunkGriffin
Kaliko |human raider| crewmate of Mayze| Eastern Shore of an Aspidochelone|

Do the Aspidochelones dream of us, sitting and living and running on their backs? Would they care if their people disappeared? Their birds flown on, their trees withered? Kaliko lay in her back, running her fingers through the grass below her. She loved the gentle sway of a ship, but it was nice, every now and then, to sit on solid ground and know that below her was something truly alive.

She heard a soft thump, drawing her attention downshore where her the ship had been tied. Kaliko rolled to her knees and snatched up her boots from where she’d kicked them off, pulling them hastily back on. From there she swung lightly to her feet and trotted back to shore. She was distinctly aware of her feet feeling larger and heavier now, when moments before she could feel cool grass sliding between her toes.

She reached the tree the ship had been tied on, and sure enough there was movement aboard to suggest they’d soon be taking off. Her hands fumbled for a braided cord of hemp in one pocket, then pulled her hair together in a knot to keep it from whipping her face when she returned to the endless wind and rolling waves of the sea.

“Do we have a heading, commander?” Kaliko called from where she stood in shore. It made little difference to her where they went, but Mayze had not been her captain for long and she was curious as to how she’d respond.
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
@Thewarywatcher13

Mayze jumped at a voice that sounded from the shore, and Rubert responded with a sharp screeeeeeee. "Oh, hey Kali-ko-ko-kokonut! I forgot you existed for a second there!" Mayze called from the ship. She leaned over the edge and waved to her crewmate. "Rupert shush. Anyways, we're off to wherever the wind takes us. Adventure and all that pizzazz, ya' know? Hop on board or I'll leave without ya'."
Mayze turned around with her hands on her hips, gazing out into the wild blue yonder. Then a gust of wind came, blowing her hair majestically, ruffling Rupert's feathers, and hitting her in the face with a mouthful of sand. "Remind me never to do that again." she muttered to Kaliko, running to the side of the ship and spitting out the grainy rocks into the ocean. She then smoothed down her hair, and snuck over to the wheel of the ship. "Leaving in 10... 9... 8..." she announced, counting down and staring off into the cloudless horizon, blinking sand out of her eyes.
@Thewarywatcher13

Mayze jumped at a voice that sounded from the shore, and Rubert responded with a sharp screeeeeeee. "Oh, hey Kali-ko-ko-kokonut! I forgot you existed for a second there!" Mayze called from the ship. She leaned over the edge and waved to her crewmate. "Rupert shush. Anyways, we're off to wherever the wind takes us. Adventure and all that pizzazz, ya' know? Hop on board or I'll leave without ya'."
Mayze turned around with her hands on her hips, gazing out into the wild blue yonder. Then a gust of wind came, blowing her hair majestically, ruffling Rupert's feathers, and hitting her in the face with a mouthful of sand. "Remind me never to do that again." she muttered to Kaliko, running to the side of the ship and spitting out the grainy rocks into the ocean. She then smoothed down her hair, and snuck over to the wheel of the ship. "Leaving in 10... 9... 8..." she announced, counting down and staring off into the cloudless horizon, blinking sand out of her eyes.
tumblr_inline_nbax4xlrxv1qg78ij.pngbearded_vulture_by_tathym-daf3vqn.giftumblr_inline_nbax555ssE1qg78ij.png
((bump))
((bump))
1 2