Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Tribes (OPEN & NEED PPL) - Sign-ups
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@SillyWinter

Question about the witch role, what types of magic are they allowed to use? Does the magic a witch use only limited to seeing visions or can they use defensive magic, elemental magic, etc.?
@SillyWinter

Question about the witch role, what types of magic are they allowed to use? Does the magic a witch use only limited to seeing visions or can they use defensive magic, elemental magic, etc.?
CxEBf1c.png xx lark
he/him
+2 fr time
x
@Lavendetta

I feel like the magic most of the magical tribe members possess is connected to the earth, meaning it would be elemental, but mostly spiritual, which gives them the powers to receive prophecies, visions, etc.

Honestly, it depends on the tribe.

The Healer of the Tribe of the Burning Sun can receive visions from the stars and sun, and they can also read the good and bad fortune of the tribe.

The Herbalist in the Tribe of the Hunt receives prophesies about the future from the magic of the earth, since the Tribe of the Hunt is the tribe most connected to earth magic.

The Witch in the Kite Tribe can receive visions, although brief, from the blood of small animals that connect well with earth magic. The Witch can also predict and ward bad omens away.

The Seer in the Iron Mountain Tribe can also see visions, from the molten flow.
@Lavendetta

I feel like the magic most of the magical tribe members possess is connected to the earth, meaning it would be elemental, but mostly spiritual, which gives them the powers to receive prophecies, visions, etc.

Honestly, it depends on the tribe.

The Healer of the Tribe of the Burning Sun can receive visions from the stars and sun, and they can also read the good and bad fortune of the tribe.

The Herbalist in the Tribe of the Hunt receives prophesies about the future from the magic of the earth, since the Tribe of the Hunt is the tribe most connected to earth magic.

The Witch in the Kite Tribe can receive visions, although brief, from the blood of small animals that connect well with earth magic. The Witch can also predict and ward bad omens away.

The Seer in the Iron Mountain Tribe can also see visions, from the molten flow.
rPflwkH.png
@InsanityAbyss
@Lavendetta
@WaywardWendigo
@ChessieSmiles
@ScarletTheDragon
@CornixElecti
@WillowtheWisp

((Apologies for any double ping.

Alright guys, I just wanted to say, make as many characters as you want. This RP is slowly gaining people, but I don't want it to end because there's not enough characters. Don't feel pressured to make any! Your limit is your own choice. Don't feel shy in taking any big roles too. I know I said you can only have a few, but I'm just gonna set that aside for now.
@InsanityAbyss
@Lavendetta
@WaywardWendigo
@ChessieSmiles
@ScarletTheDragon
@CornixElecti
@WillowtheWisp

((Apologies for any double ping.

Alright guys, I just wanted to say, make as many characters as you want. This RP is slowly gaining people, but I don't want it to end because there's not enough characters. Don't feel pressured to make any! Your limit is your own choice. Don't feel shy in taking any big roles too. I know I said you can only have a few, but I'm just gonna set that aside for now.
rPflwkH.png
bump!
bump!
rPflwkH.png
@Sillywinter heyyoo @CornixElecti was right about me being interested in this Rp, i'll be making some characters shortly. I'd like to reserve the Alpha of Tribe of the Hunt and the Healer of the tribe of the sun if possible :D
@Sillywinter heyyoo @CornixElecti was right about me being interested in this Rp, i'll be making some characters shortly. I'd like to reserve the Alpha of Tribe of the Hunt and the Healer of the tribe of the sun if possible :D
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
@Sillywinter

Heeeey, can I reserve a spot for the Preside in the Tribe of the Sun please? :)
@Sillywinter

Heeeey, can I reserve a spot for the Preside in the Tribe of the Sun please? :)
bHeX9bv.png[/url][/center]

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
@Draconequis

Yep, I'll reserve both for you!

@WillowtheWisp

Sure thing!
@Draconequis

Yep, I'll reserve both for you!

@WillowtheWisp

Sure thing!
rPflwkH.png
@Sillywinter my finished apps _____ [center]Tribe of the Burning Sun[/center] [b]Name[/b]: Oleg [b]Age[/b]: 8 [b]Gender[/b]: Male [b]Species[/b]: Eurasian Lynx [b]Appearance[/b]: [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/63/Lynx_lynx2.jpg/220px-Lynx_lynx2.jpg[/img] [b]Personality[/b]: Oleg is blunt, and comes off as a little harsh at times, unafraid to give those around him a vicious tongue lashing. He can be a bit impatient at times, and feirce, and a bit harsh to those who don't know him well. He's the type to only want to treat in emergencies, and will complain rather loudly to the cat who approaches him on anything that is not life threatening. He takes his job very seriously and for the most part enjoys a life of solitude. [b]Tribe[/b]: Tribe of the burning sun. [b]Tribal Rank[/b]: Healer [b]Background[/b]: When he was a cub he was headstrong, impatient, and loud-mouthed, a trait which he still hasn't really grown out of. The former leader of the clan thought it best to try and tame his wild nature by allowing him to shadow the former healer of the clan, thinking helping cats in need would mellow him out. This was a successful ploy, however it also revealed Oleg's natural affinity for healing. He took to it faster than he had his other training and naturally fell into the job of 'assistant' healer for a few years. He even started having visions as a cub, which was something which had been unheard of until Oleg came around. The former healer of the clan passed away when Oleg was about 3 years old, leaving Oleg as the most qualified to take the position. Of course, as per his nature, Oleg complained about it, but he's secretly very happy to be in his position. [b]Extra Information[/b]: Oleg takes berries and crushes them with herbs to create a fur paint he uses to paint his face with intricate blue, red, and green designs. He's missing a claw on his left paw from a fight where it was torn out. He's not much of a fighter, so he prefers to enter battles with just his regular claws. _____ [b]Name[/b]: Crimson [b]Age[/b]: 4 years [b]Gender[/b]: Female [b]Species[/b]: Maned Wolf [b]Appearance[/b]: [img]http://www.ljplus.ru/img/c/r/crazy_zoologist/maned_wolf_1.jpg[/img] [b]Personality[/b]: Crimson is a slightly crazy, very intimidating, and ferocious type of wolf. She's rutheless and unforgiving, and will not tolerate any displays of weakness or uselessness in her tribe. She is constantly pushing her tribe and herself to their limits. She can be a bit edgy and wrathful if someone decides to get on her bad side. She's unafraid to show displays of dominance so no one forgets who is in charge. Not only are her jaws and teeth dangerous, but her words are as well, she could convince a mother wolf to dump their cub from a cliff if she wanted to, and have the mother thank her for the idea. Though she acts cold, aloof and overall a bit cruel, she does care for her tribe in her own twisted way. Her fellow alpha will have to deal with her feral, constantly changing nature, and probably some mental and physical abuse. [b]Tribe[/b]:Tribe of the Hunt [b]Tribal Rank[/b]: Alpha [b]Background[/b]: Crimson came from nothing, the runt of the litter of some wolf who slept with a wild wolf from outside the clan. Half clan half not, she spent her entire life fighting her way to the top with words and teeth. She quite literally forced her way out of the lowest rank and into the highest one and intends to stay there for the rest of her natural born life. [b]Extra Information[/b]: She is missing most of her left ear, and has a few scars across her face and sides from the amount of fights she's been in. She wears them with pride as a note of her accomplishments in the tribe. [s]Don't mess with her, or she will probably kill you.[/s] ____ [b]Name[/b]: Ra [b]Age[/b]: 2 years [b]Gender[/b]: Male [b]Species[/b]: Shoebill [b]Appearance[/b]: [img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/11/05/article-1225223-071422E0000005DC-170_634x374.jpg[/img] [b]Personality[/b]: Eerily quiet, and always thinking, calm, cool and patient. He stands still for hours, giving him this bizzare, almost statuesque quality. He doesn't seem to talk much, though when he does its important to listen. He spends most of his time watching others, surveying and taking in everything around him. That being said he's extremely observant and picks up on even the most subtle of hints and clues around him, meaning that he often knows something is amiss before others. Some people find his ability to read others creepy and his constant standing still weird and freaky... he really doesn't seem to care what others think of him. For the most part, he keeps to himself, though if he sees a bad fight between two of his tribe he will intervene with all of his strength. Above all he tries to protect those he cares about. [b]Tribe[/b]: Kite Tribe [b]Tribal Rank[/b]: Warrrior [b]Background[/b]: Ra is kind of an odd bird, his egg was found abandoned by his mother, and he was hatched into the clan. He has always been the silent, strong one, though he does his best to not hurt anyone in the clan. When he was young, his growth spurts caused trouble and he had to be removed from the hatchling den early because he was too big. He also unwittingly and very severely injured one of his nest mates while they were playing, which caused a lot of birds in his clan to be a little afraid of him. Only recently made into a warrior, he has a long way to go before he can prove himeself. [b]Extra Information[/b]: Since he is so large, Ra is not as fast as the smaller birds, he's more of a tank. He's very strong, and can even lift other birds and take them with him, provided they are small enough. He is an expert at getting other birds to land, and always aims for the wings first. Once they are on the ground, Ra shows his true strength with powerful kicks and bill strikes. Getting hit by him will probably hurt. Occasionally he mounts his long legs and beak with light metal with spikes, which accents his fighting ability and makes him into an even more dangerous weapon. ____ [b]Name[/b]: Desati [b]Age[/b]: 3 years [b]Gender[/b]: Female [b]Species[/b]: Jackson's Chameleon [b]Appearance[/b]: [img]https://www.aboutanimals.com/images/jacksons-chameleon-820x437.jpg?d8bc0c.png[/img] [b]Personality[/b]: A hightly energetic, friendly, and generally happy go lucky type of lizard. She's almost always humming or singing to herself some bizzare and jaunty tune and is constantly flashing an array of colors to reflect her mood, and just because she can. She has a very pure, personable quality about her, and cares what others think and how they feel. She is soft-hearted and will repeatedly ask about others in a genuine fashion because she cares that much. She will sometimes get lost in thought, and go off into her own world while muttering to herself and jotting things down on a small slate. She's a very bright individual and could talk someone's ear off about various subjects if they will allow her to do so. She seems to be relatively fearless, which is extremely odd given her size. [b]Tribe[/b]: Iron Mountain [b]Tribal Rank[/b]: Blacksmith [b]Background[/b]: Desati was not really cut out to be anything other than a Blacksmith. Too young and inexperienced to be a member of the council, not gifted with the sight, and she was too small and weak to be a miner. Actually at first, they weren't even certain she could be a blacksmith, considering her size. However, she proved them wrong by rapidly forging tools which fit her size, and picking out the tiniest flaws and breaks in her creations with her discerning eyes. [b]Extra Information[/b]: Desati often creates small inventions for others in the clan. She's very happy about her contributions. She can actually use her camoflague to completely vanish from prying eyes, and will do this when she wants to be alone to think. Interupting her during one of her camoflagued sessions will probably get you a sticky tongue to the eye. She prefers the all natural look because if she wore anything, it would inhibit her ability to blend into her surroundings. She's not really a fighter, relying on a series of traps to help her if she ever gets into trouble. Her tail is prehensile and she often uses it as a fifth hand, and her eyes move independantly of one another, making it pretty much impossible to sneak up on her. allll donnne also have like eighty billion other ideas beating around in my head, and I would be happy to grab a few more slots if we really need them filled to start. [s](For one, have an idea for the lizard leader. Somewhere between Iguana, Tegu, and Croc/Gator).[/s]
@Sillywinter

my finished apps

_____

Tribe of the Burning Sun

Name: Oleg
Species: Eurasian Lynx
Appearance:
220px-Lynx_lynx2.jpg
Personality: Oleg is blunt, and comes off as a little harsh at times, unafraid to give those around him a vicious tongue lashing. He can be a bit impatient at times, and feirce, and a bit harsh to those who don't know him well. He's the type to only want to treat in emergencies, and will complain rather loudly to the cat who approaches him on anything that is not life threatening. He takes his job very seriously and for the most part enjoys a life of solitude.
Tribe: Tribe of the burning sun.
Tribal Rank: Healer
Background: When he was a cub he was headstrong, impatient, and loud-mouthed, a trait which he still hasn't really grown out of. The former leader of the clan thought it best to try and tame his wild nature by allowing him to shadow the former healer of the clan, thinking helping cats in need would mellow him out. This was a successful ploy, however it also revealed Oleg's natural affinity for healing. He took to it faster than he had his other training and naturally fell into the job of 'assistant' healer for a few years. He even started having visions as a cub, which was something which had been unheard of until Oleg came around. The former healer of the clan passed away when Oleg was about 3 years old, leaving Oleg as the most qualified to take the position. Of course, as per his nature, Oleg complained about it, but he's secretly very happy to be in his position.
Extra Information: Oleg takes berries and crushes them with herbs to create a fur paint he uses to paint his face with intricate blue, red, and green designs. He's missing a claw on his left paw from a fight where it was torn out. He's not much of a fighter, so he prefers to enter battles with just his regular claws.
_____

Name: Crimson
Species: Maned Wolf
Appearance:
maned_wolf_1.jpg
Personality: Crimson is a slightly crazy, very intimidating, and ferocious type of wolf. She's rutheless and unforgiving, and will not tolerate any displays of weakness or uselessness in her tribe. She is constantly pushing her tribe and herself to their limits. She can be a bit edgy and wrathful if someone decides to get on her bad side. She's unafraid to show displays of dominance so no one forgets who is in charge. Not only are her jaws and teeth dangerous, but her words are as well, she could convince a mother wolf to dump their cub from a cliff if she wanted to, and have the mother thank her for the idea. Though she acts cold, aloof and overall a bit cruel, she does care for her tribe in her own twisted way. Her fellow alpha will have to deal with her feral, constantly changing nature, and probably some mental and physical abuse.
Tribe:Tribe of the Hunt
Tribal Rank: Alpha
Background: Crimson came from nothing, the runt of the litter of some wolf who slept with a wild wolf from outside the clan. Half clan half not, she spent her entire life fighting her way to the top with words and teeth. She quite literally forced her way out of the lowest rank and into the highest one and intends to stay there for the rest of her natural born life.
Extra Information: She is missing most of her left ear, and has a few scars across her face and sides from the amount of fights she's been in. She wears them with pride as a note of her accomplishments in the tribe. Don't mess with her, or she will probably kill you.

____

Name: Ra
Species: Shoebill
Appearance:
article-1225223-071422E0000005DC-170_634x374.jpg
Personality: Eerily quiet, and always thinking, calm, cool and patient. He stands still for hours, giving him this bizzare, almost statuesque quality. He doesn't seem to talk much, though when he does its important to listen. He spends most of his time watching others, surveying and taking in everything around him. That being said he's extremely observant and picks up on even the most subtle of hints and clues around him, meaning that he often knows something is amiss before others. Some people find his ability to read others creepy and his constant standing still weird and freaky... he really doesn't seem to care what others think of him. For the most part, he keeps to himself, though if he sees a bad fight between two of his tribe he will intervene with all of his strength. Above all he tries to protect those he cares about.
Tribe: Kite Tribe
Tribal Rank: Warrrior
Background: Ra is kind of an odd bird, his egg was found abandoned by his mother, and he was hatched into the clan. He has always been the silent, strong one, though he does his best to not hurt anyone in the clan. When he was young, his growth spurts caused trouble and he had to be removed from the hatchling den early because he was too big. He also unwittingly and very severely injured one of his nest mates while they were playing, which caused a lot of birds in his clan to be a little afraid of him. Only recently made into a warrior, he has a long way to go before he can prove himeself.
Extra Information: Since he is so large, Ra is not as fast as the smaller birds, he's more of a tank. He's very strong, and can even lift other birds and take them with him, provided they are small enough. He is an expert at getting other birds to land, and always aims for the wings first. Once they are on the ground, Ra shows his true strength with powerful kicks and bill strikes. Getting hit by him will probably hurt. Occasionally he mounts his long legs and beak with light metal with spikes, which accents his fighting ability and makes him into an even more dangerous weapon.

____

Name: Desati
Species: Jackson's Chameleon
Appearance:
jacksons-chameleon-820x437.jpg?d8bc0c.png
Personality: A hightly energetic, friendly, and generally happy go lucky type of lizard. She's almost always humming or singing to herself some bizzare and jaunty tune and is constantly flashing an array of colors to reflect her mood, and just because she can. She has a very pure, personable quality about her, and cares what others think and how they feel. She is soft-hearted and will repeatedly ask about others in a genuine fashion because she cares that much. She will sometimes get lost in thought, and go off into her own world while muttering to herself and jotting things down on a small slate. She's a very bright individual and could talk someone's ear off about various subjects if they will allow her to do so. She seems to be relatively fearless, which is extremely odd given her size.
Tribe: Iron Mountain
Tribal Rank: Blacksmith
Background: Desati was not really cut out to be anything other than a Blacksmith. Too young and inexperienced to be a member of the council, not gifted with the sight, and she was too small and weak to be a miner. Actually at first, they weren't even certain she could be a blacksmith, considering her size. However, she proved them wrong by rapidly forging tools which fit her size, and picking out the tiniest flaws and breaks in her creations with her discerning eyes.
Extra Information: Desati often creates small inventions for others in the clan. She's very happy about her contributions. She can actually use her camoflague to completely vanish from prying eyes, and will do this when she wants to be alone to think. Interupting her during one of her camoflagued sessions will probably get you a sticky tongue to the eye. She prefers the all natural look because if she wore anything, it would inhibit her ability to blend into her surroundings. She's not really a fighter, relying on a series of traps to help her if she ever gets into trouble. Her tail is prehensile and she often uses it as a fifth hand, and her eyes move independantly of one another, making it pretty much impossible to sneak up on her.

allll donnne

also have like eighty billion other ideas beating around in my head, and I would be happy to grab a few more slots if we really need them filled to start. (For one, have an idea for the lizard leader. Somewhere between Iguana, Tegu, and Croc/Gator).
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
@Draconequis

Awesome forms! Accepted :)
@Draconequis

Awesome forms! Accepted :)
rPflwkH.png
@TimeOblivion

Ah, was looking over the thread to see if I had missed anything. The Kite Tribe would probably call mothers just mothers, since they don't really care much about nests, just the way of their culture.
@TimeOblivion

Ah, was looking over the thread to see if I had missed anything. The Kite Tribe would probably call mothers just mothers, since they don't really care much about nests, just the way of their culture.
rPflwkH.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10