Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dustclan | RP Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Malignantt @TimeOblivion

"He... he..." Stormtail took a deep breath, seeming to calm a bit. "He crawled over here. He told me to leave his den, and then he fell over with his eyes closed. I thought he was unconscious, but..." The gray tabby took another deep breath. "He's still breathing. Still breathing." Stormtail forced himself to sit, keeping steady breaths. "I don't know... what to do. I panicked. I'm sorry."
@Malignantt @TimeOblivion

"He... he..." Stormtail took a deep breath, seeming to calm a bit. "He crawled over here. He told me to leave his den, and then he fell over with his eyes closed. I thought he was unconscious, but..." The gray tabby took another deep breath. "He's still breathing. Still breathing." Stormtail forced himself to sit, keeping steady breaths. "I don't know... what to do. I panicked. I'm sorry."
odcz8rb.gif paintra
she/her
art cred.
@TimeOblivion @shaunti

Sleekfoot nodded briskly.
"Thank you, Stormtail. Regain your composure, I'll go try and speak to Acornstem. You're no use to him cracking up."
On that note, she ducked into the rock den, standing at the entrance.
"Acornstem. Are you awake? It's Sleekfoot." She paused, listening for the sound of his breathing, and then continued in a low voice that echoed slightly in the small den.
"As you aren't an unintelligent cat, I'm sure you've realized you're badly injured." she commented dryly. "You aren't in shape to be exerting yourself. Tell us what to do."
From there, she waited for a response, hoping she wasn't wasting her effort by talking to someone unconscious.
@TimeOblivion @shaunti

Sleekfoot nodded briskly.
"Thank you, Stormtail. Regain your composure, I'll go try and speak to Acornstem. You're no use to him cracking up."
On that note, she ducked into the rock den, standing at the entrance.
"Acornstem. Are you awake? It's Sleekfoot." She paused, listening for the sound of his breathing, and then continued in a low voice that echoed slightly in the small den.
"As you aren't an unintelligent cat, I'm sure you've realized you're badly injured." she commented dryly. "You aren't in shape to be exerting yourself. Tell us what to do."
From there, she waited for a response, hoping she wasn't wasting her effort by talking to someone unconscious.
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
ds6mpZn.gif....FR time + 1
ds6mpZn.gif....hauntings#0781
ds6mpZn.gif....interesting things here
Acornstem | Medicine cat | Stormtail, Pumpkinroot, Sleekfoot
Interaction - Open

"He's still breathing. Still breathing. I don't know... what to do. I panicked. I'm sorry."

Thank you, Stormtail. Regain your composure, I'll go try and speak to Acornstem. You're no use to him cracking up."

Around the corner of the den came both voices responding back and forth. He peeked through his eyelids weakly, a shadow loomed nearby. That's gotta be her. "Acornstem. Are you awake? It's Sleekfoot,". The uniquely colored tom refused to respond, it would just cause more pain. "As you aren't an unintelligent cat, I'm sure you've realized you're badly injured. You aren't in shape to be exerting yourself. Tell us what to do." He sighed for a minute, readying himself for the feeling of his nerves. "Mouse brain of course I know I'm-- injured. Why do you think I came all the way back here? " he groaned with pain within the response.
"Hey, when we're done with this I'll tell you all about! I think you'll enjoy what I've been through to get here," the tom meowed sarcastically. "Hmm okay, for the start-- use the feverfew-- right over where I'm laying. Just saying, I haven't figured out what I have yet. I'm reassuring myself that it's a fever instead of-- something else. I would advise breaking down the herb first. That'll help it go down my esophagus easily. If you need to, force the herb down, please. For the other, poppy seeds. Only for helping me through the night and with the pain. You got-- all that?" his gaze turned to another shadow, not too far from Sleekfoot's. "Stormtail are you still there bud? Come over here I want to tell you something," Acornstem smiled evilly as he waited for a response. "It's something about the deputy's position. I know you'll be happy to hear the news on this. Well-- maybe not".

@Malignantt @shaunti
Acornstem | Medicine cat | Stormtail, Pumpkinroot, Sleekfoot
Interaction - Open

"He's still breathing. Still breathing. I don't know... what to do. I panicked. I'm sorry."

Thank you, Stormtail. Regain your composure, I'll go try and speak to Acornstem. You're no use to him cracking up."

Around the corner of the den came both voices responding back and forth. He peeked through his eyelids weakly, a shadow loomed nearby. That's gotta be her. "Acornstem. Are you awake? It's Sleekfoot,". The uniquely colored tom refused to respond, it would just cause more pain. "As you aren't an unintelligent cat, I'm sure you've realized you're badly injured. You aren't in shape to be exerting yourself. Tell us what to do." He sighed for a minute, readying himself for the feeling of his nerves. "Mouse brain of course I know I'm-- injured. Why do you think I came all the way back here? " he groaned with pain within the response.
"Hey, when we're done with this I'll tell you all about! I think you'll enjoy what I've been through to get here," the tom meowed sarcastically. "Hmm okay, for the start-- use the feverfew-- right over where I'm laying. Just saying, I haven't figured out what I have yet. I'm reassuring myself that it's a fever instead of-- something else. I would advise breaking down the herb first. That'll help it go down my esophagus easily. If you need to, force the herb down, please. For the other, poppy seeds. Only for helping me through the night and with the pain. You got-- all that?" his gaze turned to another shadow, not too far from Sleekfoot's. "Stormtail are you still there bud? Come over here I want to tell you something," Acornstem smiled evilly as he waited for a response. "It's something about the deputy's position. I know you'll be happy to hear the news on this. Well-- maybe not".

@Malignantt @shaunti
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
@TimeOblivion @shaunti

Despite the grim situation, Sleekfoot's whiskers twitched. Though she was glad to not have an excess of cats with Acornstem's attitude, it was occasionally refreshing to have someone who was straightforward with his thoughts- to put it lightly.
"Well, you must not be in that grave of a condition if you still have that smart mouth." the brown cat said with no inflection in her voice whatsoever. "Feverfew- the small white flowers? Just twitch your tail or something if I'm right." Upon receiving confirmation, she began to crush up the herb into a collection of small fragments with an extended claw.
"Try to swallow- okay." Though she was attempting to keep up her all-buisness demeanor, one could tell the Dustclan leader was completely out-of-place in the Medicine Den.
"And the poppy seeds are over in the left corner...three or so." At about that time, Acorntail called Stormtail into the den, causing her to look up curiously. The deputy's position? It was about time, given she had held the leadership position for more than a moon, but why would Stormtail need to be involved? Perhaps he had selected a candidate, and Stormtail was just needed to deliver a message to whichever cat had been chosen. Maybe Dustfoot, as they were siblings. Either way, it wasn't a huge problem. Important, but not something to fuss over.
She would think that, were it not for the out-of-place grin Acornstem was wearing.
@TimeOblivion @shaunti

Despite the grim situation, Sleekfoot's whiskers twitched. Though she was glad to not have an excess of cats with Acornstem's attitude, it was occasionally refreshing to have someone who was straightforward with his thoughts- to put it lightly.
"Well, you must not be in that grave of a condition if you still have that smart mouth." the brown cat said with no inflection in her voice whatsoever. "Feverfew- the small white flowers? Just twitch your tail or something if I'm right." Upon receiving confirmation, she began to crush up the herb into a collection of small fragments with an extended claw.
"Try to swallow- okay." Though she was attempting to keep up her all-buisness demeanor, one could tell the Dustclan leader was completely out-of-place in the Medicine Den.
"And the poppy seeds are over in the left corner...three or so." At about that time, Acorntail called Stormtail into the den, causing her to look up curiously. The deputy's position? It was about time, given she had held the leadership position for more than a moon, but why would Stormtail need to be involved? Perhaps he had selected a candidate, and Stormtail was just needed to deliver a message to whichever cat had been chosen. Maybe Dustfoot, as they were siblings. Either way, it wasn't a huge problem. Important, but not something to fuss over.
She would think that, were it not for the out-of-place grin Acornstem was wearing.
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
Acornstem & Pumpkinroot | Medicine cat | Sleekfoot, Stormtail, Acornstem/Pumpkinroot
Interaction - Open

And the poppy seeds are over in the left corner... three or so."

Upon hearing this "question" he put a mitt over his face. "Yes, yes Sleekfoot three poppy seeds. How idiotic can you be to not know this... simple fact," he retorted skimming his eyes and letting them meet his leader's brown pelt. Acornstem watched in confusion. She was definitely thinking about his smile from earlier. "You're wondering about the expression on my face, aren't you?" he asked, a chuckle coming out.
"Don't tell your little friend over there but... I'm promoting him as a candidate for the fight. I would love to see how it would go with clan's other choice. Imagine his sister if she gets picked. Out there, beating him up, lacking any mercy," the medicine cat imitated the two with his small mitts. "Dunefoot comes up, knocks the poor cat down and suddenly-- he's dead!" Acornstem chortled, not aware that Stormtail was listening in from the other room. "You don't think he heard me right? Never mind-- Pumpkinroot? I know I heard you in here. Would you be a sweetie and come over here? Oh, and tell Stormtail to stay there," ***
"He's awake-- again?" the guard mumbled suspiciously, his thoughts were interrupted by this call. Pumpkinroot stood up, glanced at Stormtail warily, and meowed. "I think you heard him. Says to stay here until... he calls you back over?" he bounded into the next corner, approaching the totoishell medicine cat.
"Anything you need sir?" his shoulders arched back in view with Acornstem. The tom admired the look of the guard carefully, slowly nodding his head in pleasure. "You've grown since the last time I saw you. What was that-- one day ago?" He joked cautiously. "If you allow me... I'd say you look incredibly handsome," purred Acornstem, holding back his compliments for the real news. "Um, as I was saying... I would like you to tell Stormtail that he will be involved in the battle for the position of deputy. Go on now, go tell that lunatic hunter what he expects from me," the medicine cat ushered.
"Y-yes sir," as his command was given, Pumpkinroot went back into the other room, trying not to look up from his paws. "Don't do anything disturbing whilst I tell you this," the cat cleared his throat. "Acornstem's promoted you to 'fight for the position of deputy'" Pumpkinroot announced, closing his eyes very tightly. "We're done with this part. Now, may I please have my herbs? If you don't want me to die-- then I might as well consume these items!"

Fawnpad | Keeper | Pebblespine
Interaction - Open

"Fawnpad?"

A rustle of pebbles falling from the nursery rock made Fawnpad realize that the clan's "psychiatrist" climbed in. She looked over at him, mitts fidgeting and twitching. "Pebblespine, did Pumpkinroot send you? Aghh, he doesn't always need to be there for me," she breathed out a gust of heavy wind. Her brother was the oldest out of all, there's was no reason why the oldest kin wouldn't look after the youngest one. "You're here to talk right? I'm having some-- issues with Acornstep's appearance and my kitting," she lightly mewed, gazing at the brown cat helplessly.
Her sore stomach sagged on the ground, it was obvious she was due any day now. "I-I'm expected to give birth to my kit's either tomorrow or another day. Acornstep's injured, so... how is he going to help me with my pregnancy? I can't do it myself-- you know," her voice broke, causing her to melt down. Tiny orbs formed in her eyes but it prohibited with rolling down. "My kits... I heard what happens to the runt, after they're born," Fawnpad wheezed dropping her head. "I can't deal with death Pebblespine, you know that! Coyotes are on the loose, they'll travel into Dustclan and rip everyone to shreds. My kits won't get to see the world with their own eyes,". Fawnpad sounding distressed and sad lifted her head back up.
"That's why I need you to help me with this,". She switched to a position on her side, fur puffing up from the pain she was experiencing. "Only one more day... hang in there!" the keeper mumbled to herself. She never got a right answer on the name for her kits. Would she have the rights to pick the names? Or would the clan do it for her just as they always did?

@shaunti @Malignantt
Acornstem & Pumpkinroot | Medicine cat | Sleekfoot, Stormtail, Acornstem/Pumpkinroot
Interaction - Open

And the poppy seeds are over in the left corner... three or so."

Upon hearing this "question" he put a mitt over his face. "Yes, yes Sleekfoot three poppy seeds. How idiotic can you be to not know this... simple fact," he retorted skimming his eyes and letting them meet his leader's brown pelt. Acornstem watched in confusion. She was definitely thinking about his smile from earlier. "You're wondering about the expression on my face, aren't you?" he asked, a chuckle coming out.
"Don't tell your little friend over there but... I'm promoting him as a candidate for the fight. I would love to see how it would go with clan's other choice. Imagine his sister if she gets picked. Out there, beating him up, lacking any mercy," the medicine cat imitated the two with his small mitts. "Dunefoot comes up, knocks the poor cat down and suddenly-- he's dead!" Acornstem chortled, not aware that Stormtail was listening in from the other room. "You don't think he heard me right? Never mind-- Pumpkinroot? I know I heard you in here. Would you be a sweetie and come over here? Oh, and tell Stormtail to stay there," ***
"He's awake-- again?" the guard mumbled suspiciously, his thoughts were interrupted by this call. Pumpkinroot stood up, glanced at Stormtail warily, and meowed. "I think you heard him. Says to stay here until... he calls you back over?" he bounded into the next corner, approaching the totoishell medicine cat.
"Anything you need sir?" his shoulders arched back in view with Acornstem. The tom admired the look of the guard carefully, slowly nodding his head in pleasure. "You've grown since the last time I saw you. What was that-- one day ago?" He joked cautiously. "If you allow me... I'd say you look incredibly handsome," purred Acornstem, holding back his compliments for the real news. "Um, as I was saying... I would like you to tell Stormtail that he will be involved in the battle for the position of deputy. Go on now, go tell that lunatic hunter what he expects from me," the medicine cat ushered.
"Y-yes sir," as his command was given, Pumpkinroot went back into the other room, trying not to look up from his paws. "Don't do anything disturbing whilst I tell you this," the cat cleared his throat. "Acornstem's promoted you to 'fight for the position of deputy'" Pumpkinroot announced, closing his eyes very tightly. "We're done with this part. Now, may I please have my herbs? If you don't want me to die-- then I might as well consume these items!"

Fawnpad | Keeper | Pebblespine
Interaction - Open

"Fawnpad?"

A rustle of pebbles falling from the nursery rock made Fawnpad realize that the clan's "psychiatrist" climbed in. She looked over at him, mitts fidgeting and twitching. "Pebblespine, did Pumpkinroot send you? Aghh, he doesn't always need to be there for me," she breathed out a gust of heavy wind. Her brother was the oldest out of all, there's was no reason why the oldest kin wouldn't look after the youngest one. "You're here to talk right? I'm having some-- issues with Acornstep's appearance and my kitting," she lightly mewed, gazing at the brown cat helplessly.
Her sore stomach sagged on the ground, it was obvious she was due any day now. "I-I'm expected to give birth to my kit's either tomorrow or another day. Acornstep's injured, so... how is he going to help me with my pregnancy? I can't do it myself-- you know," her voice broke, causing her to melt down. Tiny orbs formed in her eyes but it prohibited with rolling down. "My kits... I heard what happens to the runt, after they're born," Fawnpad wheezed dropping her head. "I can't deal with death Pebblespine, you know that! Coyotes are on the loose, they'll travel into Dustclan and rip everyone to shreds. My kits won't get to see the world with their own eyes,". Fawnpad sounding distressed and sad lifted her head back up.
"That's why I need you to help me with this,". She switched to a position on her side, fur puffing up from the pain she was experiencing. "Only one more day... hang in there!" the keeper mumbled to herself. She never got a right answer on the name for her kits. Would she have the rights to pick the names? Or would the clan do it for her just as they always did?

@shaunti @Malignantt
@TimeOblivion

Sleekfoot let out a barely audible sigh. Of course. Why had she expected a serious answer from this cat? Perhaps she had confused him with his mentor. She had at least been able to choose candidates for something other than their personal jollies. Twisted personal jollies at that. He was certainly a character, but...
(She may have been prejudiced because that very Medicine Cat had nominated her for deputy, but that was irrelevant.)
"I see that getting attacked has done nothing to soften your sense of humor." she said dully while nearly forcing the herbs into his mouth, listening to make sure he swallowed. "By the way, would you inform me what you got attacked by once you're finished with sleeping and writhing in pain? Not the clan, or you'll drive them into a panic."
It wasn't very customary of her to be so snarky when addressing a clanmate, as she was skilled at keeping up her brisk, formal speech. But then again, as the oddly-patterned Medicine Cat was constantly sassing about something or other, she couldn't exactly take that lying down. It was natural, right? Right.

Pebblespine merely nodded. Of course he was here to talk. It was one of the few things he was good for, after all. He quietly listened to Fawnstep's lament, waiting for her to get her concerns out.
They were valid worries, even if they were numerous. For such a nervous cat, the current atmosphere of tension couldn't be any good. But they'd gotten though worse- and Fawnpad would, too.
"I would have come anyways, if Pumpkinroot hadn't sent me. But it's natural for him to be concerned." A light murr escaped from his throat. "My sister would always do the same for me."
"It's natural for you to be concerned about kitting. Most of the she-cats that have been in here were all the same way- and plenty of them weren't keepers!"
He sighed, turning around to "look" at the brown queen. "Kitting is a natural process. Even if Acornstem is unwell, I've never heard of anything but a stick and raspberry leaves being used, and for that, we don't need a Medicine Cat- especially not one that would be mouthing off the whole time." he said lightly. He didn't like making a joke at the tortoiseshell's expense, but if it might help calm Fawnpad down... well, so be it.
"I've been listening. They're sending a patrol to deal with the Coyotes. Dustfoot, Robinheart, and Sandstream- all fine fighters from what I've heard. Your kits will be safe here, on the mountainside. Yes, all of them. It's been a harsh leaf-bare, and there aren't that many cats left. Killing kits is rarely used. I'm proof of that."
Worried he was carrying on too long, he merely dipped his head.
"However many kits you have, I'm sure they'll be wonderful- talented at whatever they set their heart on, and as friendly and helpful as you."

(I'm not used to writing a friendly character. xD. So his reassurances may come off as more condescending than helpful. Sorry!)
@TimeOblivion

Sleekfoot let out a barely audible sigh. Of course. Why had she expected a serious answer from this cat? Perhaps she had confused him with his mentor. She had at least been able to choose candidates for something other than their personal jollies. Twisted personal jollies at that. He was certainly a character, but...
(She may have been prejudiced because that very Medicine Cat had nominated her for deputy, but that was irrelevant.)
"I see that getting attacked has done nothing to soften your sense of humor." she said dully while nearly forcing the herbs into his mouth, listening to make sure he swallowed. "By the way, would you inform me what you got attacked by once you're finished with sleeping and writhing in pain? Not the clan, or you'll drive them into a panic."
It wasn't very customary of her to be so snarky when addressing a clanmate, as she was skilled at keeping up her brisk, formal speech. But then again, as the oddly-patterned Medicine Cat was constantly sassing about something or other, she couldn't exactly take that lying down. It was natural, right? Right.

Pebblespine merely nodded. Of course he was here to talk. It was one of the few things he was good for, after all. He quietly listened to Fawnstep's lament, waiting for her to get her concerns out.
They were valid worries, even if they were numerous. For such a nervous cat, the current atmosphere of tension couldn't be any good. But they'd gotten though worse- and Fawnpad would, too.
"I would have come anyways, if Pumpkinroot hadn't sent me. But it's natural for him to be concerned." A light murr escaped from his throat. "My sister would always do the same for me."
"It's natural for you to be concerned about kitting. Most of the she-cats that have been in here were all the same way- and plenty of them weren't keepers!"
He sighed, turning around to "look" at the brown queen. "Kitting is a natural process. Even if Acornstem is unwell, I've never heard of anything but a stick and raspberry leaves being used, and for that, we don't need a Medicine Cat- especially not one that would be mouthing off the whole time." he said lightly. He didn't like making a joke at the tortoiseshell's expense, but if it might help calm Fawnpad down... well, so be it.
"I've been listening. They're sending a patrol to deal with the Coyotes. Dustfoot, Robinheart, and Sandstream- all fine fighters from what I've heard. Your kits will be safe here, on the mountainside. Yes, all of them. It's been a harsh leaf-bare, and there aren't that many cats left. Killing kits is rarely used. I'm proof of that."
Worried he was carrying on too long, he merely dipped his head.
"However many kits you have, I'm sure they'll be wonderful- talented at whatever they set their heart on, and as friendly and helpful as you."

(I'm not used to writing a friendly character. xD. So his reassurances may come off as more condescending than helpful. Sorry!)
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
Stormtail, was, unsurprisingly, mortified by the news. "B-But... Why... Why can't my sister go!? She's stronger than me, and... I wouldn't be a good deputy, I don't think.." He looked down at his paws, tail flicking back and fourth. No. I'm stronger than I think, right? I'm not going to give up. He nodded solemnly, speaking to himself. "No. No. You know what? Maybe I would make a decent deputy! I stand a chance!"

He spoke to his sister for a brief moment, informing her that he would be going out for a bit. Stormtail had been taken up by some kind of pride. He had decided that he should maybe stop doubting himself. And he was determined to prove that to everyone in camp... Which was why he returned later, carrying the corpse of what couldn't be anything but a Burrowing Owl.

You know, the thought crossed his mind, Maybe that was a stupid idea. Whatever. I'm going to go sleep.

He promptly went to sleep in his den, exhausted from tracking and killing an owl. However stupid the idea was, he was proud of himself. And maybe that wouldn't secure anyone else's faith in him, but it certainly made him hold faith in himself.

Hopefully it would last long enough for him to battle the clan's candidate...
Stormtail, was, unsurprisingly, mortified by the news. "B-But... Why... Why can't my sister go!? She's stronger than me, and... I wouldn't be a good deputy, I don't think.." He looked down at his paws, tail flicking back and fourth. No. I'm stronger than I think, right? I'm not going to give up. He nodded solemnly, speaking to himself. "No. No. You know what? Maybe I would make a decent deputy! I stand a chance!"

He spoke to his sister for a brief moment, informing her that he would be going out for a bit. Stormtail had been taken up by some kind of pride. He had decided that he should maybe stop doubting himself. And he was determined to prove that to everyone in camp... Which was why he returned later, carrying the corpse of what couldn't be anything but a Burrowing Owl.

You know, the thought crossed his mind, Maybe that was a stupid idea. Whatever. I'm going to go sleep.

He promptly went to sleep in his den, exhausted from tracking and killing an owl. However stupid the idea was, he was proud of himself. And maybe that wouldn't secure anyone else's faith in him, but it certainly made him hold faith in himself.

Hopefully it would last long enough for him to battle the clan's candidate...
odcz8rb.gif paintra
she/her
art cred.
Acornstem & Pumpkinroot | Med cat & Guard | Pumpkinroot/Acornstep, Sleekfoot
Interaction - Open

"Pumpkinroot!" the tortoiseshell yowled. His legs were in a strange position on the ground while his arms covered his face. He groaned awfully loud, deciding to crawl close to the entrance. Acornstem knew the orange and gray cat was sleeping in his den. Waking him from a long distance would be fun to do.
Disturb the clan from their rest and see how his leader would react. "Pumpkinroot? Come here, dear! Papa needs something from you but he can't get up from his spot," his voice traveled across the clearing, entering the guard/hunter den. Pumpkinroot's ear flicked with regret. What was kept this time? Was it his destiny to aid Acornstem every time he needed something?
The guard's sore and tired legs lifted him up, carrying him into medicine den and collapsing. "What is it that papa needs so early?" he asked, eyes flickering to stay awake.
The medicine cat opened his mouth to speak, whiskers twitching from the cat's tone. "Well, what papa needs is for you to go fetch Sleekfoot for me. I've gotta announce something to her. It's very important," a smile formed across his lips. A tired guard was humorous to him, particularly this loyal and calm one.
"Can't you do I yourself? This den is right by hers but... I guess you're too lazy to do it yourself," he pointed out, grateful that he could call someone out. "That's the point, my dear. You don't want me to upset her too much where she stops ordering me around, right? What'll happen when I visit the clan again, all beat up like this? She won't give anything to help me again!" he tried to make a point but it didn't look to come out clearly. The ranks will be twisted into this weird phase where everyone is to care for themselves. No medicine cat around to tend to their wounds. Of course, that what it felt to be a helpless loner.
His eyes widened, did Acornstem assuredly care about someone other than himself? "Hmph fine, but-- you'll have to make a deal with me first. Once you recover from all this, then you have to promise not to drag me around the clan. I'm not one of your toys who 'fetches' everything you need. Understand?" his eyes could reflect seriousness, a good trait that he inherited from his father. "Fine, whatever you say, child! Oh and on your way out, could you grab me that owl Stormtail brought in? I heard someone talking about nearby," Acornstem asked, his body turned away. Mitt steps faded out of the den. Silence had returned to its usual state. "Not for long-- Fawnpad's painful labor will arrive,". "Sleekfoot-- are you awake yet? Acornstem caused me to travel over here, he needs you for something relating to important,"

@Malignantt
Acornstem & Pumpkinroot | Med cat & Guard | Pumpkinroot/Acornstep, Sleekfoot
Interaction - Open

"Pumpkinroot!" the tortoiseshell yowled. His legs were in a strange position on the ground while his arms covered his face. He groaned awfully loud, deciding to crawl close to the entrance. Acornstem knew the orange and gray cat was sleeping in his den. Waking him from a long distance would be fun to do.
Disturb the clan from their rest and see how his leader would react. "Pumpkinroot? Come here, dear! Papa needs something from you but he can't get up from his spot," his voice traveled across the clearing, entering the guard/hunter den. Pumpkinroot's ear flicked with regret. What was kept this time? Was it his destiny to aid Acornstem every time he needed something?
The guard's sore and tired legs lifted him up, carrying him into medicine den and collapsing. "What is it that papa needs so early?" he asked, eyes flickering to stay awake.
The medicine cat opened his mouth to speak, whiskers twitching from the cat's tone. "Well, what papa needs is for you to go fetch Sleekfoot for me. I've gotta announce something to her. It's very important," a smile formed across his lips. A tired guard was humorous to him, particularly this loyal and calm one.
"Can't you do I yourself? This den is right by hers but... I guess you're too lazy to do it yourself," he pointed out, grateful that he could call someone out. "That's the point, my dear. You don't want me to upset her too much where she stops ordering me around, right? What'll happen when I visit the clan again, all beat up like this? She won't give anything to help me again!" he tried to make a point but it didn't look to come out clearly. The ranks will be twisted into this weird phase where everyone is to care for themselves. No medicine cat around to tend to their wounds. Of course, that what it felt to be a helpless loner.
His eyes widened, did Acornstem assuredly care about someone other than himself? "Hmph fine, but-- you'll have to make a deal with me first. Once you recover from all this, then you have to promise not to drag me around the clan. I'm not one of your toys who 'fetches' everything you need. Understand?" his eyes could reflect seriousness, a good trait that he inherited from his father. "Fine, whatever you say, child! Oh and on your way out, could you grab me that owl Stormtail brought in? I heard someone talking about nearby," Acornstem asked, his body turned away. Mitt steps faded out of the den. Silence had returned to its usual state. "Not for long-- Fawnpad's painful labor will arrive,". "Sleekfoot-- are you awake yet? Acornstem caused me to travel over here, he needs you for something relating to important,"

@Malignantt
@TimeOblivion

Sleekfoot had woken up as soon as Acornstem had first yowled. She was an extremely light sleeper, which was as much a curse as it was a blessing- especially when there were kits in the nursery.
"What-at is it?" she said, already on the rock shelf leading to her den by the time Pumpkinroot had made it there, and trying and failing to surpress a yawn. It was still dark out- it must have been just before dawn. Her expression went from tired to mildly annoyed as Pumpkinroot explained what he was here for.
"I guess Acornstem's back to normal." she said mildly as she padded out of the den. "You can head back to sleep if you wish- you aren't on the Coyote patrol. Just make sure you're up in time to do your regular duties. If the patrol doesn't get back in time, you might have to train Riverpaw for today."
With that, she sprang down the rock shelf and began heading on the well-worn path to the medicine den at the bottom of the cliff, weighing in her mind the possibilities of this being something of mild importance versus something trivial, driven by laziness, or just stupid.
"What is this matter of such grave importance that you needed to go right to the leader to solve it?" she asked once she was at the entrance. "And likely wake up half the cats in camp?"
He was in an odd position, but the fact that he had moved significantly since she last saw him likely spoke to the fact that he was recovering.
@TimeOblivion

Sleekfoot had woken up as soon as Acornstem had first yowled. She was an extremely light sleeper, which was as much a curse as it was a blessing- especially when there were kits in the nursery.
"What-at is it?" she said, already on the rock shelf leading to her den by the time Pumpkinroot had made it there, and trying and failing to surpress a yawn. It was still dark out- it must have been just before dawn. Her expression went from tired to mildly annoyed as Pumpkinroot explained what he was here for.
"I guess Acornstem's back to normal." she said mildly as she padded out of the den. "You can head back to sleep if you wish- you aren't on the Coyote patrol. Just make sure you're up in time to do your regular duties. If the patrol doesn't get back in time, you might have to train Riverpaw for today."
With that, she sprang down the rock shelf and began heading on the well-worn path to the medicine den at the bottom of the cliff, weighing in her mind the possibilities of this being something of mild importance versus something trivial, driven by laziness, or just stupid.
"What is this matter of such grave importance that you needed to go right to the leader to solve it?" she asked once she was at the entrance. "And likely wake up half the cats in camp?"
He was in an odd position, but the fact that he had moved significantly since she last saw him likely spoke to the fact that he was recovering.
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
Robinheart started awake, her body jolting upwards. She brrathed in a few times, trying to calm herself. The strange thing is, she couldn't remember her dream. As hard as she tried, she just could not recall what ever had woken her up. Glancing around she saw that most cats were still asleep. So she padded out of the den as quietly as she could.

The morning air was crisp, and Robinheart sighed happily. The rust colored shecat loved the morning and was generally an early riser. She padded over to the fresh kill spot quite quickly. She grabbed a lizard and ate quietly, gaining strength for the day ahead.{I wonder what's going to happen today.}
Robinheart started awake, her body jolting upwards. She brrathed in a few times, trying to calm herself. The strange thing is, she couldn't remember her dream. As hard as she tried, she just could not recall what ever had woken her up. Glancing around she saw that most cats were still asleep. So she padded out of the den as quietly as she could.

The morning air was crisp, and Robinheart sighed happily. The rust colored shecat loved the morning and was generally an early riser. She padded over to the fresh kill spot quite quickly. She grabbed a lizard and ate quietly, gaining strength for the day ahead.{I wonder what's going to happen today.}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10