Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dustclan | RP Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@TimeOblivion @Dunno @shaunti @NickelDragons

"He'll be fine." Sleekfoot's voice was steady despite the circumstances. "I'm no Medicine Cat, but these wounds, thankfully, aren't too close to his neck or chest." She spread the marigold awkwardly onto his leg as Dunefoot bound his leg up with cobwebs.
"We need to stop the bleeding, correct? There are a few wounds on his face, but they're mostly superficial. Even so, we should try to prevent him from losing too much blood."
With that, she began pressing the spider-silk onto the gash on his forehead.
"We'll have to get someone to stay here overnight and make sure his condition doesn't worsen."

Cactuspaw jumped off the rock to stand near Kawapaw, legs shaking slightly. "At least he's alive... and Sleekfoot will tell us if he gets really bad. But what hurt him so badly? That's what scares me!" He glanced back and forth at the cats around him for... reassurance? Support? Stormtail's words, though, seemed to calm him down slightly. If someone as timid as him wasn't worried, why should Cactuspaw be?
"Yeah... we probably shouldn't get in the way. I don't think you guys know any more than me about herbs and stuff."

Pebblespine, who had just recently been woken up by the screams of his clanmates, slinked out of his small hiding-spot by the cave. He kept back from the commotion, the fear-scent and confusion of his clanmates hot on the roof of his mouth. There wasn't anything he could do to help here. Not with something this important. Instead, he slowly padded up to Pumpkinroot, having heard his yells over the mixed commotion.
"What's Fawnpad worried about?" He said, not unkindly, sightless amber eyes meeting Pumpkinroot's orangey ones.

Sandstream, miraculously, was sleeping in the back of the hunter-guards den, a yellow ball that stood out against the gloom of the cave. His faint exhalations were utterly drowned out by the commotion, and the warm scent of rest overwhelmed by blood and fear.
@TimeOblivion @Dunno @shaunti @NickelDragons

"He'll be fine." Sleekfoot's voice was steady despite the circumstances. "I'm no Medicine Cat, but these wounds, thankfully, aren't too close to his neck or chest." She spread the marigold awkwardly onto his leg as Dunefoot bound his leg up with cobwebs.
"We need to stop the bleeding, correct? There are a few wounds on his face, but they're mostly superficial. Even so, we should try to prevent him from losing too much blood."
With that, she began pressing the spider-silk onto the gash on his forehead.
"We'll have to get someone to stay here overnight and make sure his condition doesn't worsen."

Cactuspaw jumped off the rock to stand near Kawapaw, legs shaking slightly. "At least he's alive... and Sleekfoot will tell us if he gets really bad. But what hurt him so badly? That's what scares me!" He glanced back and forth at the cats around him for... reassurance? Support? Stormtail's words, though, seemed to calm him down slightly. If someone as timid as him wasn't worried, why should Cactuspaw be?
"Yeah... we probably shouldn't get in the way. I don't think you guys know any more than me about herbs and stuff."

Pebblespine, who had just recently been woken up by the screams of his clanmates, slinked out of his small hiding-spot by the cave. He kept back from the commotion, the fear-scent and confusion of his clanmates hot on the roof of his mouth. There wasn't anything he could do to help here. Not with something this important. Instead, he slowly padded up to Pumpkinroot, having heard his yells over the mixed commotion.
"What's Fawnpad worried about?" He said, not unkindly, sightless amber eyes meeting Pumpkinroot's orangey ones.

Sandstream, miraculously, was sleeping in the back of the hunter-guards den, a yellow ball that stood out against the gloom of the cave. His faint exhalations were utterly drowned out by the commotion, and the warm scent of rest overwhelmed by blood and fear.
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
ds6mpZn.gif....FR time + 1
ds6mpZn.gif....hauntings#0781
ds6mpZn.gif....interesting things here
@Malignantt

Dunefoot nodded. "What worries me though... is what he said about coyotes. I'm certain I chased those three to the border, so..." Her tail lashed. "I can track their scent tomorrow to see if I can find where they're hiding... If that's okay with you. I can't stand to have those mangy creatures being a danger to us." She dipped her head. "If you'd like, I can watch him until you find someone more suited to the job..."
@Malignantt

Dunefoot nodded. "What worries me though... is what he said about coyotes. I'm certain I chased those three to the border, so..." Her tail lashed. "I can track their scent tomorrow to see if I can find where they're hiding... If that's okay with you. I can't stand to have those mangy creatures being a danger to us." She dipped her head. "If you'd like, I can watch him until you find someone more suited to the job..."
odcz8rb.gif paintra
she/her
art cred.
@shaunti

Sleekfoot looked thoughtful as she absorbed Dunefoot's queries.
"If he was out searching for herbs, they could have been closer to the east side of the territory. If you send a patrol to investigate, bring one other guard..." A scowl appears on the leader's face.
"We can't have all of the guards go out, or the camp won't be protected. Bring another guard you think would be suited to the task, but leave one guard at camp. Possibly have a hunter as backup. Even though it's odd, they have stalking skills that mean one could stay in wait and possibly ambush the Coyote. They're taught enough fighting skills."
She looked up at the tan warrior- "Acceptable?" but then paused as she heard the next question. "Maybe not. If you'll be hunting Coyotes tomorrow, you can't afford to lose sleep. One of the Keepers could be able to do it- no, Pebblespine's blind and Fawnpad's close to kitting. Could your brother? He wouldn't be fighting, and he doesn't have an apprentice to mentor."

@shaunti

Sleekfoot looked thoughtful as she absorbed Dunefoot's queries.
"If he was out searching for herbs, they could have been closer to the east side of the territory. If you send a patrol to investigate, bring one other guard..." A scowl appears on the leader's face.
"We can't have all of the guards go out, or the camp won't be protected. Bring another guard you think would be suited to the task, but leave one guard at camp. Possibly have a hunter as backup. Even though it's odd, they have stalking skills that mean one could stay in wait and possibly ambush the Coyote. They're taught enough fighting skills."
She looked up at the tan warrior- "Acceptable?" but then paused as she heard the next question. "Maybe not. If you'll be hunting Coyotes tomorrow, you can't afford to lose sleep. One of the Keepers could be able to do it- no, Pebblespine's blind and Fawnpad's close to kitting. Could your brother? He wouldn't be fighting, and he doesn't have an apprentice to mentor."

GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
@Malignantt @TimeOblivion

Dunefoot nodded. "I'll go get him. I'll talk to Sandstream about coming, but I'm not sure which hunter would be able to come. Maybe Beandrop could spare a day and come?" Her ears twitched, and she trotted out, first approaching Beandrop, dipping her head. "Hi, Beandrop. I'm planning on going on a patrol to search for the coyotes on the east side of the territory, and Sleekfoot told me I should bring a hunter and another Guard. If it's possible, could you come? I'm planning on asking Sandstream to come, too." Noticing the look on Beandrop's face, she dipped her head. "You don't have to decide immediately. We could really use your tracking skills, though. I'll talk to Sandstream, and then I'll come back to ask you."

She padded off, stopping to tell Stormtail to go take care of Acornstem, who quickly went off to the medicine den. She then woke up Sandstream, shaking them lightly. "Sandstream," She meowed, stepping back once they got up, "I need to talk to you. Could you come with me?"

After explaining the situation with Acornstem, Dunefoot explained that she would be leading a patrol to go after the coyotes, and that Sleekfoot told her to bring a guard and a hunter, and that the two of them were her choices. Once she finished explaining her plan, she dipped her head. "So... Would the two of you be able to come?"

Stormtail entered the Medicine Cat's den meekly, looking back and fourth twice. He padded to Acornstem's side, proceeding to sit down beside him. "You said you wanted me to take care of him? I'll do my best, Sleekfoot."
@Malignantt @TimeOblivion

Dunefoot nodded. "I'll go get him. I'll talk to Sandstream about coming, but I'm not sure which hunter would be able to come. Maybe Beandrop could spare a day and come?" Her ears twitched, and she trotted out, first approaching Beandrop, dipping her head. "Hi, Beandrop. I'm planning on going on a patrol to search for the coyotes on the east side of the territory, and Sleekfoot told me I should bring a hunter and another Guard. If it's possible, could you come? I'm planning on asking Sandstream to come, too." Noticing the look on Beandrop's face, she dipped her head. "You don't have to decide immediately. We could really use your tracking skills, though. I'll talk to Sandstream, and then I'll come back to ask you."

She padded off, stopping to tell Stormtail to go take care of Acornstem, who quickly went off to the medicine den. She then woke up Sandstream, shaking them lightly. "Sandstream," She meowed, stepping back once they got up, "I need to talk to you. Could you come with me?"

After explaining the situation with Acornstem, Dunefoot explained that she would be leading a patrol to go after the coyotes, and that Sleekfoot told her to bring a guard and a hunter, and that the two of them were her choices. Once she finished explaining her plan, she dipped her head. "So... Would the two of you be able to come?"

Stormtail entered the Medicine Cat's den meekly, looking back and fourth twice. He padded to Acornstem's side, proceeding to sit down beside him. "You said you wanted me to take care of him? I'll do my best, Sleekfoot."
odcz8rb.gif paintra
she/her
art cred.
@shaunti @TimeOblivion

Sleekfoot looked up. "Glad to hear it. You only have to make sure his condition doesn't worsen. Ergo, he keeps breathing and doesn't develop a fever. You'll be able to sleep later as compensation." She politely dipped her head to the senior warrior before nimbly leaping out to stop the yammering of her clanmates in the clearing.

Sandstream woke up with a start. "Patrols already?" They quickly sobered up, though, upon seeing Dustfoot's tense expression.
"What happened?" they asked, following after their kinda-superior with a concerned look in their eyes. But it didn't take long for them to get their answer, seeing the blood in the clearing and the cats in small groups, talking to each other. The guard listened intently to Dustfoot's explanation, sending a confused glance at Beandrop, who's solemn face told them everything they'd missed while snoozing.
"I'm honored that I was your choice, and I'll be glad to come and tear the mangy crowfood-eaters to shreds." Sandstream said, with more venom in his voice than the easygoing tabby had displayed in the last few moons.
@shaunti @TimeOblivion

Sleekfoot looked up. "Glad to hear it. You only have to make sure his condition doesn't worsen. Ergo, he keeps breathing and doesn't develop a fever. You'll be able to sleep later as compensation." She politely dipped her head to the senior warrior before nimbly leaping out to stop the yammering of her clanmates in the clearing.

Sandstream woke up with a start. "Patrols already?" They quickly sobered up, though, upon seeing Dustfoot's tense expression.
"What happened?" they asked, following after their kinda-superior with a concerned look in their eyes. But it didn't take long for them to get their answer, seeing the blood in the clearing and the cats in small groups, talking to each other. The guard listened intently to Dustfoot's explanation, sending a confused glance at Beandrop, who's solemn face told them everything they'd missed while snoozing.
"I'm honored that I was your choice, and I'll be glad to come and tear the mangy crowfood-eaters to shreds." Sandstream said, with more venom in his voice than the easygoing tabby had displayed in the last few moons.
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
Pinging: @shaunti @Malignantt @dunno
Riverpaw nodded slightly, thanking stormtail for his kindness as he left. She stood there for a bit before she strode up to Cactuspaw and Kawapaw. Hearing "Yeah... we probably shouldn't get in the way. I don't think you guys know any more than me about herbs and stuff." Riverpaw made herself known and said "Yes lets head back to the den."

Robinheart scowled slightly as Acornstem was taken away.
"Mouse-brained crow-eaters." She murmured. Robinheart signed aa she considered the posibilities "A hunting party. A group of cats to go after them. Beandrop and I are mostlikely out cause we have apprentices." The rust colored shecat began walking towards the den of the clan, lost in her own thoughts

Pinging: @shaunti @Malignantt @dunno
Riverpaw nodded slightly, thanking stormtail for his kindness as he left. She stood there for a bit before she strode up to Cactuspaw and Kawapaw. Hearing "Yeah... we probably shouldn't get in the way. I don't think you guys know any more than me about herbs and stuff." Riverpaw made herself known and said "Yes lets head back to the den."

Robinheart scowled slightly as Acornstem was taken away.
"Mouse-brained crow-eaters." She murmured. Robinheart signed aa she considered the posibilities "A hunting party. A group of cats to go after them. Beandrop and I are mostlikely out cause we have apprentices." The rust colored shecat began walking towards the den of the clan, lost in her own thoughts

@Malignantt @NickelDragons

Kawapaw drooped, an aura of sadness suddenly envelopinghim. "Fine, I'll go back to the tick den." He muttered, before whipping around to head back to the den. "C'mon Cactuspaw, Riverpaw, let's go find something to do." He called aloud.

Kawapaw swooped by the freshkill pile, snatching a mouse before running straight towards the 'tick den' AKA the apprentice's den. "Ugh, we apprentices just check ticks and get moss." Kawapaw whined. "Maybe that lifestyle of killing all beings in my way was better." Kawapaw stood up straight. "No! I can't think like that! That's why I want to be a hunter!" Kawapaw cried aloud, before taking a glance around, then proceeding to trot into the den shaking his head.
@Malignantt @NickelDragons

Kawapaw drooped, an aura of sadness suddenly envelopinghim. "Fine, I'll go back to the tick den." He muttered, before whipping around to head back to the den. "C'mon Cactuspaw, Riverpaw, let's go find something to do." He called aloud.

Kawapaw swooped by the freshkill pile, snatching a mouse before running straight towards the 'tick den' AKA the apprentice's den. "Ugh, we apprentices just check ticks and get moss." Kawapaw whined. "Maybe that lifestyle of killing all beings in my way was better." Kawapaw stood up straight. "No! I can't think like that! That's why I want to be a hunter!" Kawapaw cried aloud, before taking a glance around, then proceeding to trot into the den shaking his head.
7iF4Ik8.png
q4vz4Sb.png
@NickelDragons @Dunno

Cactuspaw nodded gloomily before heading into the apprentice den, paying little mind to Kawapaw talking to himself. It wasn't something you questioned unless you wanted your ears shredded, and with how much Cactuspaw mumbled when daydreaming, he was in no position to judge.
He settled down on the den, mostly feathers and twigs due to the scarcity of moss in Dustclan Territory, and attempted to get some sleep.
It didn't work. He couldn't stop thinking about the coyotes, about Acorntail. He hoped that the tortoiseshell would be okay. Even though it was part of being strong and fierce, he just couldn't... ignore other cats dying, or move past it for the clan. He couldn't move past his sister, and he'd known her for two days.
"What do you think's gonna happen tomorrow?" he blurted out, just to get some conversation, anything.
@NickelDragons @Dunno

Cactuspaw nodded gloomily before heading into the apprentice den, paying little mind to Kawapaw talking to himself. It wasn't something you questioned unless you wanted your ears shredded, and with how much Cactuspaw mumbled when daydreaming, he was in no position to judge.
He settled down on the den, mostly feathers and twigs due to the scarcity of moss in Dustclan Territory, and attempted to get some sleep.
It didn't work. He couldn't stop thinking about the coyotes, about Acorntail. He hoped that the tortoiseshell would be okay. Even though it was part of being strong and fierce, he just couldn't... ignore other cats dying, or move past it for the clan. He couldn't move past his sister, and he'd known her for two days.
"What do you think's gonna happen tomorrow?" he blurted out, just to get some conversation, anything.
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
Pinging: @Malignantt @Dunno

Riverpaw nodded with a slight grimace as she walked with the kits. The three got there and settled down. Riverpaw had zoned out, nestling herself on her bed. Robinheart walked in and seemed to be as dazed as she was. Robinheart simply laid down on her bed, her energy seemed to be zapped. Hearing cactuspaw's question Riverpaw mewwed out "I dont think we will have training tomorrow, we seem to have some food, so I think sleekfoot will keep the cats here until our medicine cat gets better. What do you guys think?"
Pinging: @Malignantt @Dunno

Riverpaw nodded with a slight grimace as she walked with the kits. The three got there and settled down. Riverpaw had zoned out, nestling herself on her bed. Robinheart walked in and seemed to be as dazed as she was. Robinheart simply laid down on her bed, her energy seemed to be zapped. Hearing cactuspaw's question Riverpaw mewwed out "I dont think we will have training tomorrow, we seem to have some food, so I think sleekfoot will keep the cats here until our medicine cat gets better. What do you guys think?"
@TimeOblivion

As Sleekfoot left, Stormtail noticed that Acornstem was shaking. The hunter frowned, feeling his body. He wasn't running a fever, so... perhaps he was just cold? That certainly seemed like a possibility. The tom decided to push himself close to Acornstem to keep him warm. His mind raced with worry for the young Medicine Cat, but he knew this was all he could do for now. His sister would be chasing off the coyotes... and he, too, had his role to play. He would make sure that Acornstem made it through the night. He had to. For the sake of the entire clan.
@TimeOblivion

As Sleekfoot left, Stormtail noticed that Acornstem was shaking. The hunter frowned, feeling his body. He wasn't running a fever, so... perhaps he was just cold? That certainly seemed like a possibility. The tom decided to push himself close to Acornstem to keep him warm. His mind raced with worry for the young Medicine Cat, but he knew this was all he could do for now. His sister would be chasing off the coyotes... and he, too, had his role to play. He would make sure that Acornstem made it through the night. He had to. For the sake of the entire clan.
odcz8rb.gif paintra
she/her
art cred.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10