Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weapons of War [open]
1 2 3 4 5 6
The last thing Rhys remembered, was a doctor telling the guards to "take him to the arena". Then everything went black. This place, referred to as the arena, actually appeared to be an indoor pool, drained of all the water, with thick cage bars surrounding the sides and covering the top. Where the "events" could be observed by all working for BladeCore. Now the pristine white tiles that made up the arena were stained red with blood. A figure stood in the blood, hunched over. Claws like razors replaced the boy's hands and talons replaced his feet. Two wings were tucked protectively around him. Something underneath him resumed it's squirming. The boy was humming madly over the sound of the sloshing the other was making.

Rhys, or Azrael, as these people were calling him, stared down at the mess beneath him. The thing thrashing beneath his talons was a fellow mutant. However this poor soul was different. These guys... BladeCore, called them Rats; mutants who had their minds shattered by BladeCore's attempts to control them. This left them as feral husks of the people they once were.

Rhys' mind was on complete autopilot, absolute survival mode. He picked up the Rat by the throat. The rat let out a small yelp as Rhys drained it's remaining neuro-energy in one final spark. Rhys' pale wings quickly opened, and with inhuman strength he threw the rat at the cage bars, letting out a monstrous yell. Then he was on the move, sprinting in the direction of the body he threw. Rhys leaped, and grabbed onto the bars, using his wings to gain some extra height. He clambered up the bars, until he met eyes with a scientist. The human's eyes filled with fear as he tried to move away. He wasn't quick enough. Rhys reached through the bars and grabbed at the head, before slamming it against the bars. The mutant let out a screech as he slammed against the bars, staring at the head scientist; Devall.
The last thing Rhys remembered, was a doctor telling the guards to "take him to the arena". Then everything went black. This place, referred to as the arena, actually appeared to be an indoor pool, drained of all the water, with thick cage bars surrounding the sides and covering the top. Where the "events" could be observed by all working for BladeCore. Now the pristine white tiles that made up the arena were stained red with blood. A figure stood in the blood, hunched over. Claws like razors replaced the boy's hands and talons replaced his feet. Two wings were tucked protectively around him. Something underneath him resumed it's squirming. The boy was humming madly over the sound of the sloshing the other was making.

Rhys, or Azrael, as these people were calling him, stared down at the mess beneath him. The thing thrashing beneath his talons was a fellow mutant. However this poor soul was different. These guys... BladeCore, called them Rats; mutants who had their minds shattered by BladeCore's attempts to control them. This left them as feral husks of the people they once were.

Rhys' mind was on complete autopilot, absolute survival mode. He picked up the Rat by the throat. The rat let out a small yelp as Rhys drained it's remaining neuro-energy in one final spark. Rhys' pale wings quickly opened, and with inhuman strength he threw the rat at the cage bars, letting out a monstrous yell. Then he was on the move, sprinting in the direction of the body he threw. Rhys leaped, and grabbed onto the bars, using his wings to gain some extra height. He clambered up the bars, until he met eyes with a scientist. The human's eyes filled with fear as he tried to move away. He wasn't quick enough. Rhys reached through the bars and grabbed at the head, before slamming it against the bars. The mutant let out a screech as he slammed against the bars, staring at the head scientist; Devall.
YRqsZ7c.png
hael/dante | 23 | enkindle (#88808)

06xk8gV.pngJ7D1quC.pngMesq6uj.png
1vAtYxM.pngbMfSZRv.pngVDqpTLf.png
xXXQ8Kz.pngAQPJNOh.pngHxL61bT.png
a VgKHukX.png
Dosne stared coldly at the creature before him. Meeting the mutants gaze he started to giggle slighlty, " your not very scary at all are you, last time I checked your the one in the cage and I'm the one out here, now I would suggest you calm down" Dosne moved to grab an electric baton from a guards belt, " before you get hurt more than you need to". The baton hummed with electrical power. Dosne paced his way down to the ground floor of the arena and motioned for the guard to open the gate. With a nervous look the guard did as he was told. The smell of blood filled Dosne's nostrils almost instantly, Dosne gave a large grin and entered the arena
Dosne stared coldly at the creature before him. Meeting the mutants gaze he started to giggle slighlty, " your not very scary at all are you, last time I checked your the one in the cage and I'm the one out here, now I would suggest you calm down" Dosne moved to grab an electric baton from a guards belt, " before you get hurt more than you need to". The baton hummed with electrical power. Dosne paced his way down to the ground floor of the arena and motioned for the guard to open the gate. With a nervous look the guard did as he was told. The smell of blood filled Dosne's nostrils almost instantly, Dosne gave a large grin and entered the arena
PTKpu03.png
Jane sat and stared at the pristine white walls of the cell she was in. It seemed that she wasn't doing anything, not even blinking. She simply stared at a single spot on the wall, her pupils never once darting to another spot. The girl ignored the sounds of doors opening and closing, and the soft murmur of chatter outside.

Despite the fact that she seemed lifeless, her mind was racing. She was going over the memory of seeing the other mutants, and snippets of conversation she heard about their powers. Jane was thinking about how much effort it would take to control each of them and if she could control them all. Most of them, she could do just fine. The rest... She was still figuring that out.

There was the noise of screeching and the hiss of electricity that finally coaxed her to turn her head. Although she couldn't see anything, since there was a one-way-mirror that could only be seen through from the outside, she simply sat and listened.
Jane sat and stared at the pristine white walls of the cell she was in. It seemed that she wasn't doing anything, not even blinking. She simply stared at a single spot on the wall, her pupils never once darting to another spot. The girl ignored the sounds of doors opening and closing, and the soft murmur of chatter outside.

Despite the fact that she seemed lifeless, her mind was racing. She was going over the memory of seeing the other mutants, and snippets of conversation she heard about their powers. Jane was thinking about how much effort it would take to control each of them and if she could control them all. Most of them, she could do just fine. The rest... She was still figuring that out.

There was the noise of screeching and the hiss of electricity that finally coaxed her to turn her head. Although she couldn't see anything, since there was a one-way-mirror that could only be seen through from the outside, she simply sat and listened.
candle.gif
Neraida, FR +3
• Make sure to ping me, I don't subscribe to threads
• Feel free to PM me about anything
• On the lookout for Accent: Many Eyes Shadow

Naomi- or Cersei, or M-16, who even cared anymore- was startled from sleep by the sound of her cell opening. Several heavily-armed guards marched in, two grabbing her roughly by her shoulders.
"Take her to the arena." The one on her right told the other guards. They didn't talk to her directly, she wasn't even sure if they viewed her as human. Maybe looking at her as just an experiment made it easier for them, she didn't care. As they started the treck down the hall, Naomi wondered just what was happening. She didn't go to the arena. The last time she'd been to the arena was very early on in her imprisonment. The scars only recently faded from that. She was usually taken to other mutants' cells, or to labs where she used her powers to break the others. Curious, she nudged the mind of the guard behind her. 'Be curious' she ordered him 'ask why'. She couldn't get the guard to do something crazy like let her go (well maybe she could, but she wouldn't get far thanks to the rest) but she could at least get more information out of them.
The guard behind her tilted their head. "She doesn't look like much" he grumbled, "why's she going to the arena?"
The guard on her right turned sharply and glared. "She's not fighting." He snapped, obviously displeased that his orders were questioned. "The docs want her there in case the other one gets out of hand."
'Other one?' Naomi wondered, but didn't try to push further. No need to risk getting caught, she was nearing the arena anyhow. 'Interesting...'
Naomi- or Cersei, or M-16, who even cared anymore- was startled from sleep by the sound of her cell opening. Several heavily-armed guards marched in, two grabbing her roughly by her shoulders.
"Take her to the arena." The one on her right told the other guards. They didn't talk to her directly, she wasn't even sure if they viewed her as human. Maybe looking at her as just an experiment made it easier for them, she didn't care. As they started the treck down the hall, Naomi wondered just what was happening. She didn't go to the arena. The last time she'd been to the arena was very early on in her imprisonment. The scars only recently faded from that. She was usually taken to other mutants' cells, or to labs where she used her powers to break the others. Curious, she nudged the mind of the guard behind her. 'Be curious' she ordered him 'ask why'. She couldn't get the guard to do something crazy like let her go (well maybe she could, but she wouldn't get far thanks to the rest) but she could at least get more information out of them.
The guard behind her tilted their head. "She doesn't look like much" he grumbled, "why's she going to the arena?"
The guard on her right turned sharply and glared. "She's not fighting." He snapped, obviously displeased that his orders were questioned. "The docs want her there in case the other one gets out of hand."
'Other one?' Naomi wondered, but didn't try to push further. No need to risk getting caught, she was nearing the arena anyhow. 'Interesting...'
Rhys slowly dropped down from the bars before letting out a low growl. He stared at Devall for a moment before growling and screaming again, "What do you want from me?!" He snarled, the sound of his voice so inhuman it barely sounded like words. The boy was beginning to break, between the times they allowed him to feed off the Rats, to the long periods of starvation. But BladeCore made one vital mistake; this time they didn't keep track of how many Rats he fed on.

For a few mere seconds, sparks of neuro-energy danced around Rhys, leaving glimpses of the creature he was becoming. He leaped at Dosne with another snarl, attempting to bring his razor sharp canines down into the man's throat.
Rhys slowly dropped down from the bars before letting out a low growl. He stared at Devall for a moment before growling and screaming again, "What do you want from me?!" He snarled, the sound of his voice so inhuman it barely sounded like words. The boy was beginning to break, between the times they allowed him to feed off the Rats, to the long periods of starvation. But BladeCore made one vital mistake; this time they didn't keep track of how many Rats he fed on.

For a few mere seconds, sparks of neuro-energy danced around Rhys, leaving glimpses of the creature he was becoming. He leaped at Dosne with another snarl, attempting to bring his razor sharp canines down into the man's throat.
YRqsZ7c.png
hael/dante | 23 | enkindle (#88808)

06xk8gV.pngJ7D1quC.pngMesq6uj.png
1vAtYxM.pngbMfSZRv.pngVDqpTLf.png
xXXQ8Kz.pngAQPJNOh.pngHxL61bT.png
a VgKHukX.png
Bird started as he heard his cell slide open and footsteps of a guard. The next thing he knew there was a hand around his arm roughly yanking him to his feet. "Ahh, where too this time?" He let himself be dragged for the most part, moving just enough to avoid punishment.

"Arena." The guard muttered, and Bird felt another rough tank on his arms. Relenting, Bird picked up his pace. "You just need to be on standby and separate anything that needs to be. Act like the good little dog you are and all."

Bird but back a soft laugh and woofed softly instead, earning a hit on the back of his head. The noise of chaos grew louder and the the guard stopped dragging him. They must have reached the arena and the blood scent in the air confirmed the fact. He let his power fan out slightly to understand his surroundings without altering them. It really did seem like chaos. Sounded like a fight that wasn't exactly supposed to be happening.
Bird started as he heard his cell slide open and footsteps of a guard. The next thing he knew there was a hand around his arm roughly yanking him to his feet. "Ahh, where too this time?" He let himself be dragged for the most part, moving just enough to avoid punishment.

"Arena." The guard muttered, and Bird felt another rough tank on his arms. Relenting, Bird picked up his pace. "You just need to be on standby and separate anything that needs to be. Act like the good little dog you are and all."

Bird but back a soft laugh and woofed softly instead, earning a hit on the back of his head. The noise of chaos grew louder and the the guard stopped dragging him. They must have reached the arena and the blood scent in the air confirmed the fact. He let his power fan out slightly to understand his surroundings without altering them. It really did seem like chaos. Sounded like a fight that wasn't exactly supposed to be happening.
~Happy Light Flight Nerd Here~
More Active on Weekends
Aegis had been perfectly still, unmoving for hours with her face covered by her arms and her knees drawn up to her chest. She knew how this looked psychologically. Scared, insecure, childish.

The door opened to her cell. She watched the guards come in carelessly. "Get up." They demanded. Aegis sniffed softly. They smelled of nothing. Not fear, not yet.

Her hands balled into fists, still wrapped in linen, "Why? Where am I going?"

"Arena."

"Who am I fighting? Why?" Aegis asked again. The buzz of the electric rod was just enough to prompt a feral attack. In the small enclosed space the guards crashed into and shocked one another trying to guess where she would attack next.

Aegis struck at them thrice before realizing this was a mistake. They wore bullet proof armor. Without a good angle to bite she couldn't do much damage to them. She leapt back and crouched, "Why?"

Three guards, since one was now on the ground convulsing, summoned the electric rods up, "Move." They growled. Aegis let out a throaty growl of her own, "Not before I get an answer." When they began to move forward the rods went dead and her green eyes shined like a flame on an emerald. They scrambled out, dragging their college behind them.

Aegis put her ear to the door and listened. "Go get Dosne, we've got a wild one."

@TheGoldenParody (OOC: Is it okay if I refer to your character like this??)
Aegis had been perfectly still, unmoving for hours with her face covered by her arms and her knees drawn up to her chest. She knew how this looked psychologically. Scared, insecure, childish.

The door opened to her cell. She watched the guards come in carelessly. "Get up." They demanded. Aegis sniffed softly. They smelled of nothing. Not fear, not yet.

Her hands balled into fists, still wrapped in linen, "Why? Where am I going?"

"Arena."

"Who am I fighting? Why?" Aegis asked again. The buzz of the electric rod was just enough to prompt a feral attack. In the small enclosed space the guards crashed into and shocked one another trying to guess where she would attack next.

Aegis struck at them thrice before realizing this was a mistake. They wore bullet proof armor. Without a good angle to bite she couldn't do much damage to them. She leapt back and crouched, "Why?"

Three guards, since one was now on the ground convulsing, summoned the electric rods up, "Move." They growled. Aegis let out a throaty growl of her own, "Not before I get an answer." When they began to move forward the rods went dead and her green eyes shined like a flame on an emerald. They scrambled out, dragging their college behind them.

Aegis put her ear to the door and listened. "Go get Dosne, we've got a wild one."

@TheGoldenParody (OOC: Is it okay if I refer to your character like this??)
QFXpYkj.png
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo1_250.png
"You're making a mistake! I'm not a mutant! I swear!" She'd been tied to a chair and left in a bitterly cold room overnight. Now she was being questioned.

"No?"

"No! My name is Zachary Hille! I'm a new employee here! Look in my pocket is the card thing I was issued. Besides, if I was a mutant wouldn't I want to avoid Bladecore?" Zachary squirmed. The woman took the card from her pocket and frowned. "Maybe we've got a shape-shifter in cell 12," the guard agreed with a nod.

Cell 12, Zachary had heard about that one. The one that made the electric rods go black and acted like a part wild animal. The one she'd been mistaken for. Zachary chuckled amiably, "So, any chance I could get untied? I won't go anywhere, I just can't feel my fingers."

Zach was untied and just as she began to rub her wrists the lights went out. "Blackout-" Zach murmured. "We have emergency lights." The woman said. The red light flashed once and were gone. Zachary waited a long moment, "Aren't we supposed to be able to see?"

A crackling cry came over the radio, "Cell twelve is open and no mutant! We've got one on the loose!" Zachary felt eyes on her and flashlight blinded her. She put her hands up, "Not going anywhere."

"Find that thing, tranquilize it, and get the lights back on, now!" The woman barked. The Bladecore guard scrambled. "You come with me, it's time we get to the bottom of this." Zachary stumbled out with a hand full of her shirt in the woman's hand, "Where are we going?"

"We're going to figure it you're a mutant or not. I think you'd sooner use your powers then die, right?" Zachary struggled until the rod licked her once. "I'm not a mutant!"
"You're making a mistake! I'm not a mutant! I swear!" She'd been tied to a chair and left in a bitterly cold room overnight. Now she was being questioned.

"No?"

"No! My name is Zachary Hille! I'm a new employee here! Look in my pocket is the card thing I was issued. Besides, if I was a mutant wouldn't I want to avoid Bladecore?" Zachary squirmed. The woman took the card from her pocket and frowned. "Maybe we've got a shape-shifter in cell 12," the guard agreed with a nod.

Cell 12, Zachary had heard about that one. The one that made the electric rods go black and acted like a part wild animal. The one she'd been mistaken for. Zachary chuckled amiably, "So, any chance I could get untied? I won't go anywhere, I just can't feel my fingers."

Zach was untied and just as she began to rub her wrists the lights went out. "Blackout-" Zach murmured. "We have emergency lights." The woman said. The red light flashed once and were gone. Zachary waited a long moment, "Aren't we supposed to be able to see?"

A crackling cry came over the radio, "Cell twelve is open and no mutant! We've got one on the loose!" Zachary felt eyes on her and flashlight blinded her. She put her hands up, "Not going anywhere."

"Find that thing, tranquilize it, and get the lights back on, now!" The woman barked. The Bladecore guard scrambled. "You come with me, it's time we get to the bottom of this." Zachary stumbled out with a hand full of her shirt in the woman's hand, "Where are we going?"

"We're going to figure it you're a mutant or not. I think you'd sooner use your powers then die, right?" Zachary struggled until the rod licked her once. "I'm not a mutant!"
VGxuHXT.png
As soon as she entered the room, Naomi was assaulted by the scent of blood. She stiffened, taking in the scene. Another mutant was with her. He looked to be blindfolded for some reason and was guarded as heavily as she was. Another 'helper' she supposed.
She turned her focus to the blood spattered arena itself. A mutant, with white hair, was stalking around like a wild animal. His form flickered and if Naomi hadn't been so numb to wild mutant abilities, she'd think her eyes were playing tricks on her. The mutant's form kept changing to some sort of... creature. It was obvious he was on the verge of breaking.
Suddenly the mutant lunged for the person on the other side of the arena. Flicking her eyes over, Naomi gasped as her eyes widened in recognition. It was Dosne Devall, the head scientist. She'd been forced to work under him enough times to recognize him. The guard at Naomi's side jerked her arm roughly and she was startled out of her thoughts. As much as she wanted to let this mutant tear Devall apart, if he died she'd be punished worse than she'd ever been before. She took a deep breath and focused on the wild-looking mutant.
'Calm down' she thought gently, hoping her fear didn't bleed through into the mutant's thoughts. 'You don't want to hurt him'. Naomi just hoped the mutant was far gone enough to be easily controlled.
((Like I said in the character description for Naomi, you don't have to obey this if you don't want to. Do whatever you want for plot stuff))
As soon as she entered the room, Naomi was assaulted by the scent of blood. She stiffened, taking in the scene. Another mutant was with her. He looked to be blindfolded for some reason and was guarded as heavily as she was. Another 'helper' she supposed.
She turned her focus to the blood spattered arena itself. A mutant, with white hair, was stalking around like a wild animal. His form flickered and if Naomi hadn't been so numb to wild mutant abilities, she'd think her eyes were playing tricks on her. The mutant's form kept changing to some sort of... creature. It was obvious he was on the verge of breaking.
Suddenly the mutant lunged for the person on the other side of the arena. Flicking her eyes over, Naomi gasped as her eyes widened in recognition. It was Dosne Devall, the head scientist. She'd been forced to work under him enough times to recognize him. The guard at Naomi's side jerked her arm roughly and she was startled out of her thoughts. As much as she wanted to let this mutant tear Devall apart, if he died she'd be punished worse than she'd ever been before. She took a deep breath and focused on the wild-looking mutant.
'Calm down' she thought gently, hoping her fear didn't bleed through into the mutant's thoughts. 'You don't want to hurt him'. Naomi just hoped the mutant was far gone enough to be easily controlled.
((Like I said in the character description for Naomi, you don't have to obey this if you don't want to. Do whatever you want for plot stuff))
"LEAVE ME ALONE!" Irene screamed behind her as she bolted down the hallway. She had woken up in a cell with white walls and some kind of mirror on the wall that she couldn't see though at all. She had been shouting out for someone to help her for a while before a couple guards had come in, telling her to shut up. They also told her that they were going to take her to some place called the arena. Now, she knew what an arena was, and it didn't sound safe, so when she had the change, she ducked underneath one of the guards and started running for her life, not caring where she was going as long as she could get out... or as long as she could find her parents.

She refused to believe that her name was supposed to be Gadget S-21. That wasn't her name.

The guards were shouting at her to stop running or else, but she refused to listen to them. As she was running, she saw a couple other mutants, or whatever these strange people wanted to call them, being taken somewhere. She didn't focus on that for too long, but she should have, because she was running in the direction of the one place she didn't want to go to. The strange smell hit her first; was that blood? Then she wasn't paying attention to where she was going and ran into the head scientist's leg, tripping and falling down in front of him. Her breathing quickened as she pushed herself up and backed away from the head scientist just as another mutant had leapt towards him.

Irene jumped to the side to avoid being in the mutant's way; the guards who had been chasing her earlier weren't following her inside the arena, probably because of the mutant trying to attack the head scientist, but she knew that they would able to come in sooner or later. As she backed up, she was trembling so hard that her legs gave out and she fell to the ground. She began thinking about electrocuting this scientist... no, she was thinking about electrocuting all of these crazy people who thought they could get away with kidnapping her. She swore she could feel electricity flowing through her veins at that moment.

She saw a female mutant have her arm jerked roughly and fought the urge to attack the guard. She started wondering why there hadn't been more guards when they came to get her out of her cell...
"LEAVE ME ALONE!" Irene screamed behind her as she bolted down the hallway. She had woken up in a cell with white walls and some kind of mirror on the wall that she couldn't see though at all. She had been shouting out for someone to help her for a while before a couple guards had come in, telling her to shut up. They also told her that they were going to take her to some place called the arena. Now, she knew what an arena was, and it didn't sound safe, so when she had the change, she ducked underneath one of the guards and started running for her life, not caring where she was going as long as she could get out... or as long as she could find her parents.

She refused to believe that her name was supposed to be Gadget S-21. That wasn't her name.

The guards were shouting at her to stop running or else, but she refused to listen to them. As she was running, she saw a couple other mutants, or whatever these strange people wanted to call them, being taken somewhere. She didn't focus on that for too long, but she should have, because she was running in the direction of the one place she didn't want to go to. The strange smell hit her first; was that blood? Then she wasn't paying attention to where she was going and ran into the head scientist's leg, tripping and falling down in front of him. Her breathing quickened as she pushed herself up and backed away from the head scientist just as another mutant had leapt towards him.

Irene jumped to the side to avoid being in the mutant's way; the guards who had been chasing her earlier weren't following her inside the arena, probably because of the mutant trying to attack the head scientist, but she knew that they would able to come in sooner or later. As she backed up, she was trembling so hard that her legs gave out and she fell to the ground. She began thinking about electrocuting this scientist... no, she was thinking about electrocuting all of these crazy people who thought they could get away with kidnapping her. She swore she could feel electricity flowing through her veins at that moment.

She saw a female mutant have her arm jerked roughly and fought the urge to attack the guard. She started wondering why there hadn't been more guards when they came to get her out of her cell...
xk7ymDQ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6