Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Realm of Magic (Closed ATM)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23
Cat smiled at the shapeshifter in front of her. How could this guy know Dust's gender without seeing his human form? Whatever, she didn't care. She caught the sarcasm in the guys voice and chuckled. "I am only the most graceful being in the universe," she said with a sarcastic tone. This made Dust smile from where he was; a bird-like smile, if birds could smile. He gave a single flap of his wings and glided over to Cat, perching on her shoulder. Cat crossed her arms and smirked. "I don't think any biting will be necessary," she said. "Oh, and another thing. Dust here isn't my friend. He's my cousin." The wedge-tailed eagle nodded once and hopped off her shoulder, transforming to human form.

"Cat's right about that," he said. "Don't worry, she isn't usually this clumsy or invasive." Cat turned to look at her cousin. "How am I invading?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. "Did you need to crash in here like that?" he replied. "Who was the one who came over here in the first place?" she shot back, chuckling. Dust mumbled something under his breath and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Don't get used to winning," he whispered, which caused Cat to hold back a laugh. "Yeah, so I'm Cat, and this is Dust," Cat introduced. "And what's your name?" she asked. As soon as she asked this, Dust shot her a questioning look. It was obvious that he didn't approve of asking for either of these peoples' names.
Cat smiled at the shapeshifter in front of her. How could this guy know Dust's gender without seeing his human form? Whatever, she didn't care. She caught the sarcasm in the guys voice and chuckled. "I am only the most graceful being in the universe," she said with a sarcastic tone. This made Dust smile from where he was; a bird-like smile, if birds could smile. He gave a single flap of his wings and glided over to Cat, perching on her shoulder. Cat crossed her arms and smirked. "I don't think any biting will be necessary," she said. "Oh, and another thing. Dust here isn't my friend. He's my cousin." The wedge-tailed eagle nodded once and hopped off her shoulder, transforming to human form.

"Cat's right about that," he said. "Don't worry, she isn't usually this clumsy or invasive." Cat turned to look at her cousin. "How am I invading?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. "Did you need to crash in here like that?" he replied. "Who was the one who came over here in the first place?" she shot back, chuckling. Dust mumbled something under his breath and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Don't get used to winning," he whispered, which caused Cat to hold back a laugh. "Yeah, so I'm Cat, and this is Dust," Cat introduced. "And what's your name?" she asked. As soon as she asked this, Dust shot her a questioning look. It was obvious that he didn't approve of asking for either of these peoples' names.
xk7ymDQ.png
((Oh my, so much to catch up on. XD Sometimes it really sucks living +8 hours from FR time.))

Elric led the centaur woman out of Aflean, the elven capital city. ((Just for name sakes. XD)) The trees glittered in the sun and in the distance they could hear the callings of different types of animals.
"I will admit that Aflean was designed mainly for elven use.....with the races clashing in the past we figured it was much better to have a place of our own." he mused as they walked. He stretched out his arms, feeling at ease among the colorful flowers and plants. When she mentioned she was a herbalist he smiled a little.
"I might not be an expert on herbs but I know almost everything about this forest." he said then bowed when she introduced herself.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, My name is Elric Silverroot, son of the high elf Lysanthir." he added, introducing himself as well. For a centaur, she sure seemed well mannered which made Elric fill a bit more at ease speaking with her. He only had experience with the various Fae that lived along with them in the woods and sometimes they weren't so polite. He frowned slightly at his train of thought before pulling himself back to the conversation, his tail swaying lightly behind him.
"There might be a few places interested in poultices but most elves prefer elven made medicines....." he said down-heartedly. Being open minded himself, it shamed him to think that his race only sought to look after themselves.

Lyra eyed the mysterious man wearily as he spoke about himself being shady. She didn't need him to tell her for her to get the idea. He seemed like a dangerous kind of guy and it was something Lyra didn't want to get tangled up with. She opened her mouth to respond but stopped herself when a female fell from a tree. Startled, Lyra took a step back and ended up with her back against the tree. She watched as the two retorted back and forth, deciding to remain quiet. Maybe with them distracted she could slip away without being noticed. Things only seemed to get worse for her when another shapeshifter appeared before her. She could feel her brain begin to panic, not able to really follow the now increasing group. She was way out numbered now if things turned south. She was just about to turn around and make a break for it when the girl spoke up and introduced herself and the shifter next to her. She remained quiet still, a bit paralyzed. She didn't really want to reveal her name, especially since it was the only thing she could remember about herself. She felt like it was the only thing she had left.
((Oh my, so much to catch up on. XD Sometimes it really sucks living +8 hours from FR time.))

Elric led the centaur woman out of Aflean, the elven capital city. ((Just for name sakes. XD)) The trees glittered in the sun and in the distance they could hear the callings of different types of animals.
"I will admit that Aflean was designed mainly for elven use.....with the races clashing in the past we figured it was much better to have a place of our own." he mused as they walked. He stretched out his arms, feeling at ease among the colorful flowers and plants. When she mentioned she was a herbalist he smiled a little.
"I might not be an expert on herbs but I know almost everything about this forest." he said then bowed when she introduced herself.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, My name is Elric Silverroot, son of the high elf Lysanthir." he added, introducing himself as well. For a centaur, she sure seemed well mannered which made Elric fill a bit more at ease speaking with her. He only had experience with the various Fae that lived along with them in the woods and sometimes they weren't so polite. He frowned slightly at his train of thought before pulling himself back to the conversation, his tail swaying lightly behind him.
"There might be a few places interested in poultices but most elves prefer elven made medicines....." he said down-heartedly. Being open minded himself, it shamed him to think that his race only sought to look after themselves.

Lyra eyed the mysterious man wearily as he spoke about himself being shady. She didn't need him to tell her for her to get the idea. He seemed like a dangerous kind of guy and it was something Lyra didn't want to get tangled up with. She opened her mouth to respond but stopped herself when a female fell from a tree. Startled, Lyra took a step back and ended up with her back against the tree. She watched as the two retorted back and forth, deciding to remain quiet. Maybe with them distracted she could slip away without being noticed. Things only seemed to get worse for her when another shapeshifter appeared before her. She could feel her brain begin to panic, not able to really follow the now increasing group. She was way out numbered now if things turned south. She was just about to turn around and make a break for it when the girl spoke up and introduced herself and the shifter next to her. She remained quiet still, a bit paralyzed. She didn't really want to reveal her name, especially since it was the only thing she could remember about herself. She felt like it was the only thing she had left.
D9XjOpZ.jpg+8 FR
Verin slipped out the back, locking the back as she did, smirking as she glanced back at her handiwork.
The owner would certainly be in for a surprise.
As the fae turned down the alley, chuckling softly to herself, she blinked and stumbled to a halt- as much as one can stumble when you're half hovering across the ground.

Before stood a group of four people, one of whom had just shapeshifted from a bird to a human.
"Oh sorry," she said, raising one red eyebrow, blue eyes sharp as they roved over the scene unfolding in front of her.
"I didn't mean to interrupt," she added politely, and realized with a sudden, guilty jolt that her hands were still covered in sticky debris from the spiderwebs.
She hastily hid them behind her back, doing her best to have the semblance of calm and collected despite probably appearing like a child culprit caught stealing candy.
Wonderful.
Who hangs out in these alleys anyway? she thought furiously, flipping long red locks out of her face.
It was entirely ridiculous, and if they saw her hands as well as shopped in that store... They'd know who was responsible.
Unobtrusively, she slid her hands into her pockets and tried to wipe it off on the inside of them.
Her blue eyes widened.
Her hands...were STUCK?!?
A blush rose to her cheeks.
Shoot.
Verin slipped out the back, locking the back as she did, smirking as she glanced back at her handiwork.
The owner would certainly be in for a surprise.
As the fae turned down the alley, chuckling softly to herself, she blinked and stumbled to a halt- as much as one can stumble when you're half hovering across the ground.

Before stood a group of four people, one of whom had just shapeshifted from a bird to a human.
"Oh sorry," she said, raising one red eyebrow, blue eyes sharp as they roved over the scene unfolding in front of her.
"I didn't mean to interrupt," she added politely, and realized with a sudden, guilty jolt that her hands were still covered in sticky debris from the spiderwebs.
She hastily hid them behind her back, doing her best to have the semblance of calm and collected despite probably appearing like a child culprit caught stealing candy.
Wonderful.
Who hangs out in these alleys anyway? she thought furiously, flipping long red locks out of her face.
It was entirely ridiculous, and if they saw her hands as well as shopped in that store... They'd know who was responsible.
Unobtrusively, she slid her hands into her pockets and tried to wipe it off on the inside of them.
Her blue eyes widened.
Her hands...were STUCK?!?
A blush rose to her cheeks.
Shoot.
bHeX9bv.png[/url][/center]

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
Agrippa

"It doesn't surprise me that races could not get along with each other. We do have such clashing ideals sometimes." She shrugged. "It is good we have made peace, and I can only pray that it lasts longer this time."

She swished her tail back and forth as he said something about knowing the forest very well. An excited gleam appeared behind her eyes. "If you know this forest, I would love to know if it grows any lavender or clove."

Then Agrippa nodded to him as he introduced himself. Elvish names were odd in that they had two.. a first and last.. whereas her own kind only ever had one name. Oh well, culture would be culture she supposed.

"I can imagine." Agrippa laughed. "I wouldn't blame them.. but there are some different herbs I use considerng where I came from.. I had assumed perhaps they wouldn't mind comparing and we could mix our herbs together to create something even better." she shrugged. "Oh well, I guess you can't change everyone's minds.. You just have to roll with it."

_____

Jamie

Jamie could sense the fear radiating from the odd girl beside him, the one who he'd greeted first. She was stiff and staring at him and the girl with a great deal of fear in her eyes. She seemed a little lost, and very confused. He made sure to keep an eye on her.. if she made a break for it.... he would have to herd her out of the forest before she actually ran into someone who was less forgiving than himself.

Jame was amuzed by Cat's speach. She seemed to be capable of turning his words right back at him, which was something he enjoyed. A smile spread across his face, crooked and perhaps a little mischevious. "What, so you are saying that because 'dust' is your cousin, he's not your friend? What a sad life you live." and then he laughed, watching as the eagle transformed into a human.

"I'm Jamie." he stated as she introduced herself and Dust. "Forgot my last name when I got shot in the head." he shrugged casually as if something like getting shot in the head was completely normal. "Nice to see other shifters around. Its kind of been a while to be honest. I was pretty lonely without someone else who could be whatever they liked on a whim."

he gave both her and the sneering Dust a charismatic smile. "Never seen you around these woods before. Are you recruits, or just unlucky to be passing through?"

He looked up to see another person coming towards them.. these were certainly popular woods. Apparently she was stuck as well, which was amuzing.
Agrippa

"It doesn't surprise me that races could not get along with each other. We do have such clashing ideals sometimes." She shrugged. "It is good we have made peace, and I can only pray that it lasts longer this time."

She swished her tail back and forth as he said something about knowing the forest very well. An excited gleam appeared behind her eyes. "If you know this forest, I would love to know if it grows any lavender or clove."

Then Agrippa nodded to him as he introduced himself. Elvish names were odd in that they had two.. a first and last.. whereas her own kind only ever had one name. Oh well, culture would be culture she supposed.

"I can imagine." Agrippa laughed. "I wouldn't blame them.. but there are some different herbs I use considerng where I came from.. I had assumed perhaps they wouldn't mind comparing and we could mix our herbs together to create something even better." she shrugged. "Oh well, I guess you can't change everyone's minds.. You just have to roll with it."

_____

Jamie

Jamie could sense the fear radiating from the odd girl beside him, the one who he'd greeted first. She was stiff and staring at him and the girl with a great deal of fear in her eyes. She seemed a little lost, and very confused. He made sure to keep an eye on her.. if she made a break for it.... he would have to herd her out of the forest before she actually ran into someone who was less forgiving than himself.

Jame was amuzed by Cat's speach. She seemed to be capable of turning his words right back at him, which was something he enjoyed. A smile spread across his face, crooked and perhaps a little mischevious. "What, so you are saying that because 'dust' is your cousin, he's not your friend? What a sad life you live." and then he laughed, watching as the eagle transformed into a human.

"I'm Jamie." he stated as she introduced herself and Dust. "Forgot my last name when I got shot in the head." he shrugged casually as if something like getting shot in the head was completely normal. "Nice to see other shifters around. Its kind of been a while to be honest. I was pretty lonely without someone else who could be whatever they liked on a whim."

he gave both her and the sneering Dust a charismatic smile. "Never seen you around these woods before. Are you recruits, or just unlucky to be passing through?"

He looked up to see another person coming towards them.. these were certainly popular woods. Apparently she was stuck as well, which was amuzing.
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
Elric placed his finger on his chin as he though about her request.
"Lavender is pretty common but the clover might be a little more difficult. Not too long ago some humans came through the forest and decided to up root a lot of it looking for a four-leafed one......And though we were able to stop most of them it left our clovers in very poor condition." he said with a frown. He looked around the clearing before pointing in a direction to the east.
"Lavender should grow not too far from here if you need something." he offered. He wasn't sure what lavender was used for since he had never used it before, though he knew it made a very delicious tea.

Lyra was definitely not into this ever growing group. The more people, the more her instincts told her to run. With the appearance of this new person, from what she could tell a fae, she took this opportunity to pull her cloak close around her and walk swiftly away. She just didn't feel right being around a bunch of people. She was sure they wouldn't even notice her absence with all that was going on. She followed the shadows of the jungle edge, still unsure if she wanted to enter any more....it seemed like most of the people who had come out of it seemed crazy. She sighed, feeling the fatigue that the light always brought with it. Maybe if she could find a cave or something to live in.....where it was dark and quiet and secluded.

((Sleep deprivation makes for horrible posting motivation. XD Lol.))
Elric placed his finger on his chin as he though about her request.
"Lavender is pretty common but the clover might be a little more difficult. Not too long ago some humans came through the forest and decided to up root a lot of it looking for a four-leafed one......And though we were able to stop most of them it left our clovers in very poor condition." he said with a frown. He looked around the clearing before pointing in a direction to the east.
"Lavender should grow not too far from here if you need something." he offered. He wasn't sure what lavender was used for since he had never used it before, though he knew it made a very delicious tea.

Lyra was definitely not into this ever growing group. The more people, the more her instincts told her to run. With the appearance of this new person, from what she could tell a fae, she took this opportunity to pull her cloak close around her and walk swiftly away. She just didn't feel right being around a bunch of people. She was sure they wouldn't even notice her absence with all that was going on. She followed the shadows of the jungle edge, still unsure if she wanted to enter any more....it seemed like most of the people who had come out of it seemed crazy. She sighed, feeling the fatigue that the light always brought with it. Maybe if she could find a cave or something to live in.....where it was dark and quiet and secluded.

((Sleep deprivation makes for horrible posting motivation. XD Lol.))
D9XjOpZ.jpg+8 FR
@Loralei Could I join as a kelpie? A kelpie is a shape-changing aquatic spirit of Scottish legend. Its name may derive from the Scottish Gaelic words 'cailpeach' or 'colpach', meaning heifer or colt. Kelpies are said to haunt rivers and streams, usually in the shape of a horse. Source:Google [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ea/b0/6e/eab06ecc03dbc9e86db7697ec7963375.png[/img] [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/97/cb/7f/97cb7f1111f24b2f83125d9f7eee7b89.jpg[/img] [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/e0e1c5596e8f9cf21d499c178eda7536/tumblr_nrlo9wCrpy1rtjqnmo1_500.jpg[/img]
@Loralei
Could I join as a kelpie?

A kelpie is a shape-changing aquatic spirit of Scottish legend. Its name may derive from the Scottish Gaelic words 'cailpeach' or 'colpach', meaning heifer or colt. Kelpies are said to haunt rivers and streams, usually in the shape of a horse.
Source:Google

eab06ecc03dbc9e86db7697ec7963375.png

97cb7f1111f24b2f83125d9f7eee7b89.jpg

tumblr_nrlo9wCrpy1rtjqnmo1_500.jpg
(I gotta get in on that action ehehe)

Skoria battled against the waves of The Restless Tides. Multiple times, they were swept away and battered around like a ragdoll. After some time, they washed up on shore, face in the sand. They sat up, wiping sand off in disgust. After successfully getting rid of most of the sand, they looked around, hoping to spot someone.

Behind them, they saw a lush green forest. There was a soft murmur of conversation, indicating that whoever was speaking was too far away for Skoria to drag themself over to where it was. They noticed a nearby river, leading from the forest to the sea. It was close enough that they could throw themselves in. And they did.

Skoria swam in what they believed was the direction of the noises they heard before. They stayed near the bottom of the river, hoping to be unnoticed by any predators or otherwise. After a couple of minutes, they heard the talking again. It was a group of about five people, chatting to each other about something. They eavesdropped in a spot where they wouldn't be seen, but they could still hear in on their conversation.

They watched as the group talked, wondering how many valuables they had on them. They spotted a human slinking away from the group, trying to be stealthy. They followed them via the river, then, when the two were far enough, Skoria whisper-yelled "Hey!"
(I gotta get in on that action ehehe)

Skoria battled against the waves of The Restless Tides. Multiple times, they were swept away and battered around like a ragdoll. After some time, they washed up on shore, face in the sand. They sat up, wiping sand off in disgust. After successfully getting rid of most of the sand, they looked around, hoping to spot someone.

Behind them, they saw a lush green forest. There was a soft murmur of conversation, indicating that whoever was speaking was too far away for Skoria to drag themself over to where it was. They noticed a nearby river, leading from the forest to the sea. It was close enough that they could throw themselves in. And they did.

Skoria swam in what they believed was the direction of the noises they heard before. They stayed near the bottom of the river, hoping to be unnoticed by any predators or otherwise. After a couple of minutes, they heard the talking again. It was a group of about five people, chatting to each other about something. They eavesdropped in a spot where they wouldn't be seen, but they could still hear in on their conversation.

They watched as the group talked, wondering how many valuables they had on them. They spotted a human slinking away from the group, trying to be stealthy. They followed them via the river, then, when the two were far enough, Skoria whisper-yelled "Hey!"
candle.gif
Neraida, FR +3
• Make sure to ping me, I don't subscribe to threads
• Feel free to PM me about anything
• On the lookout for Accent: Many Eyes Shadow

((@Flamestar05 I suppose to you could a kelpie if you want. PM me your profile and I'll add it to the character list.))

Lyra was finally beginning to rest again when she heard another voice. More people? She groaned as she looked around to see where it was coming from. All she wanted to do was be alone but it seemed everyone else had other plans for her. She pulled her cloak tighter around herself, feeling even more uneasy since she couldn't see where the voice had come from. Maybe it was the dark voices in her head playing tricks on her again. She pushed those thoughts from her mind. The dark whispering only came at night, when the world is shrouded in inky darkness. Surely this must have a physical form attached to it. She didn't want to but she ended up speaking before realizing it.
"Who's there?" she asked quietly, not wanting to draw even more attention to herself.
((@Flamestar05 I suppose to you could a kelpie if you want. PM me your profile and I'll add it to the character list.))

Lyra was finally beginning to rest again when she heard another voice. More people? She groaned as she looked around to see where it was coming from. All she wanted to do was be alone but it seemed everyone else had other plans for her. She pulled her cloak tighter around herself, feeling even more uneasy since she couldn't see where the voice had come from. Maybe it was the dark voices in her head playing tricks on her again. She pushed those thoughts from her mind. The dark whispering only came at night, when the world is shrouded in inky darkness. Surely this must have a physical form attached to it. She didn't want to but she ended up speaking before realizing it.
"Who's there?" she asked quietly, not wanting to draw even more attention to herself.
D9XjOpZ.jpg+8 FR
As soon as Elric had mentioned the flowers, Agrippa was going towards them, her tail swishing excitedly as she moved through the grass with a delicate grace. Sure enough, there they were, standing up tall like sprigs of beautiful purple flowers.. the soothing scent filled her nose and she took a breath sighing in happiness.

"Oh.. not that kind of clover. Red clover.. sorry.. i should have been a bit more specific." She stated sheepishly as she knealt down in the grass. She reached behind her and picked up a small glass recepticle, setting it on the grass as she picked several bits of lavender, shucking the purple bulbs from the green stems. "Red clover is a flower, and it has lots of healing properties. Cleanses the blood, and it tastes delicious in tea." She let herself grab a flower between her teeth and chew on the fresh bulbs, enjoying the explosion of soothing flavor on her tongue.

"Tastes different than back at home.. but i guess you have different flowers out here, so that would make sense."
_____

(i'll respond with Jamie later)
As soon as Elric had mentioned the flowers, Agrippa was going towards them, her tail swishing excitedly as she moved through the grass with a delicate grace. Sure enough, there they were, standing up tall like sprigs of beautiful purple flowers.. the soothing scent filled her nose and she took a breath sighing in happiness.

"Oh.. not that kind of clover. Red clover.. sorry.. i should have been a bit more specific." She stated sheepishly as she knealt down in the grass. She reached behind her and picked up a small glass recepticle, setting it on the grass as she picked several bits of lavender, shucking the purple bulbs from the green stems. "Red clover is a flower, and it has lots of healing properties. Cleanses the blood, and it tastes delicious in tea." She let herself grab a flower between her teeth and chew on the fresh bulbs, enjoying the explosion of soothing flavor on her tongue.

"Tastes different than back at home.. but i guess you have different flowers out here, so that would make sense."
_____

(i'll respond with Jamie later)
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
"Down here!" Skoria chirped. "I am but a humble old traveler, hoping to get some support. Do you have money? I have... Real selkie skins." They giggled inwardly at their blatant lie. They stared at the other's face, searching for any sign of suspicion. Oh. This human doesn't trust me yet. Maybe I should've gotten a seal's skin instead of this whale skin... I guess it does look more like a selkie's skin. "So uh... You want it?"
"Down here!" Skoria chirped. "I am but a humble old traveler, hoping to get some support. Do you have money? I have... Real selkie skins." They giggled inwardly at their blatant lie. They stared at the other's face, searching for any sign of suspicion. Oh. This human doesn't trust me yet. Maybe I should've gotten a seal's skin instead of this whale skin... I guess it does look more like a selkie's skin. "So uh... You want it?"
candle.gif
Neraida, FR +3
• Make sure to ping me, I don't subscribe to threads
• Feel free to PM me about anything
• On the lookout for Accent: Many Eyes Shadow

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23