Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private RP [with meely]
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 64 65
"I should get my son into law," Ophelia chuckled to herself as Alysion mentioned the typo. She opened the door and hoped that this ran smoothly. "Um, hello. My name is Ophelia Watson... I'm here about the assistant job." She didn't know what else to say, so she stayed silent. Perhaps she was too weak-minded for this sort of thing, but she threw that thought away, knowing that she shouldn't try to throw herself off. Like she had thought, it was the golden-jacketed man. She was pretty sure the receptionist had called him Verum.
"I should get my son into law," Ophelia chuckled to herself as Alysion mentioned the typo. She opened the door and hoped that this ran smoothly. "Um, hello. My name is Ophelia Watson... I'm here about the assistant job." She didn't know what else to say, so she stayed silent. Perhaps she was too weak-minded for this sort of thing, but she threw that thought away, knowing that she shouldn't try to throw herself off. Like she had thought, it was the golden-jacketed man. She was pretty sure the receptionist had called him Verum.
"Hmm? Certainly quicker than I thought." The sitting individual noted, tapping his chin with the pen he was holding. He was indeed wearing a golden suit jacket, and since his back wasn't to them anymore, it was possible to make out the white dress shirt and metallic, marigold-colored tie he also wore. However, a relatively large, circular pin with an assortment of sharp-looking attachments was pinned to the tie, positioned so that it rested just below the neck. It seemed out of place, to say the least.

Frankly, he looked out of place amid the ordinary oak desk and cream-colored walls. It was as if he belonged somewhere else entirely. "Anyways. I take it you haven't filled out the paperwork, but I'll cut to the chase. I'd like to know any previous job experiences, how good you are at multitasking, knowledge on law and the related subjects."
"Hmm? Certainly quicker than I thought." The sitting individual noted, tapping his chin with the pen he was holding. He was indeed wearing a golden suit jacket, and since his back wasn't to them anymore, it was possible to make out the white dress shirt and metallic, marigold-colored tie he also wore. However, a relatively large, circular pin with an assortment of sharp-looking attachments was pinned to the tie, positioned so that it rested just below the neck. It seemed out of place, to say the least.

Frankly, he looked out of place amid the ordinary oak desk and cream-colored walls. It was as if he belonged somewhere else entirely. "Anyways. I take it you haven't filled out the paperwork, but I'll cut to the chase. I'd like to know any previous job experiences, how good you are at multitasking, knowledge on law and the related subjects."
XOxv5KE.png
"Oh, that's simple." Ophelia began to explain her experience, including her ability to multitask (she was single-handedly raising a child, after all), and anything else he wanted to know. Although she spoke with an air of confidence, it was clear that she was quite anxious about what was happening. Her eyes focused for a moment on his strange pin, wondering what it was and whether it did anything. However, she didn't glance for long, instead letting her mind wonder to why he even worked as a lawyer at all. He looked like a performer more than anything with his eccentric style. First Alysion and now this man... perhaps the style in town was no style at all, at least in Ophelia's opinion.
"Oh, that's simple." Ophelia began to explain her experience, including her ability to multitask (she was single-handedly raising a child, after all), and anything else he wanted to know. Although she spoke with an air of confidence, it was clear that she was quite anxious about what was happening. Her eyes focused for a moment on his strange pin, wondering what it was and whether it did anything. However, she didn't glance for long, instead letting her mind wonder to why he even worked as a lawyer at all. He looked like a performer more than anything with his eccentric style. First Alysion and now this man... perhaps the style in town was no style at all, at least in Ophelia's opinion.
Alysion seemed to share Ophelia's thoughts on the subject matter, judging by his glances, though he did a good job to not stare. And he was considered weird? At least he made a decent effort to appear normal, even though Iris tended to hamper his efforts more often than not, which was why he now had to lock the peacock up. But this person... Verum, he didn't care in the slightest.

"Hmm.." The sitting individual seemed to be running a mental checklist, as he wasn't writing much down. "Seems good. I'll have you, then. We can work out a schedule sometime soon, and I hope you're ready for a lot of calls. We have over sixty attorneys on a single side, this thing is going to run for months..." He seemed to be talking about whatever it was the receptionist mentioned earlier.
Alysion seemed to share Ophelia's thoughts on the subject matter, judging by his glances, though he did a good job to not stare. And he was considered weird? At least he made a decent effort to appear normal, even though Iris tended to hamper his efforts more often than not, which was why he now had to lock the peacock up. But this person... Verum, he didn't care in the slightest.

"Hmm.." The sitting individual seemed to be running a mental checklist, as he wasn't writing much down. "Seems good. I'll have you, then. We can work out a schedule sometime soon, and I hope you're ready for a lot of calls. We have over sixty attorneys on a single side, this thing is going to run for months..." He seemed to be talking about whatever it was the receptionist mentioned earlier.
XOxv5KE.png
"That's fine. Thank you," Ophelia replied, before turning bright red. The reason for her embarrassment was her phone had began to ring rather loudly. She pulled it out, before apologising. Turning it off, she hoped whatever Aaron was ringing her for wasn't particularly important. She needed the job, and his call wasn't exactly helping her make a good impression. Throwing bad news into the mix would not make her feel very happy at all.

Aaron sighed, watching his classmates as lunch came to a close. It was typical his mother would ignore him when he needed to tell her something so important.
"That's fine. Thank you," Ophelia replied, before turning bright red. The reason for her embarrassment was her phone had began to ring rather loudly. She pulled it out, before apologising. Turning it off, she hoped whatever Aaron was ringing her for wasn't particularly important. She needed the job, and his call wasn't exactly helping her make a good impression. Throwing bad news into the mix would not make her feel very happy at all.

Aaron sighed, watching his classmates as lunch came to a close. It was typical his mother would ignore him when he needed to tell her something so important.
Verum didn't even seem to notice the phone ringing, as if it weren't there. "Don't worry about that." He waved it off while scribbling something down on a sheet of paper. "If you want, we can talk scheduling right now. I'd like you to be around for the majority of the day, especially on Tuesdays and Thursdays when meetings are scheduled."

Alysion seemed to be thinking about something besides Ophelia, but he was completely silent. Something still felt... Sort of off.
Verum didn't even seem to notice the phone ringing, as if it weren't there. "Don't worry about that." He waved it off while scribbling something down on a sheet of paper. "If you want, we can talk scheduling right now. I'd like you to be around for the majority of the day, especially on Tuesdays and Thursdays when meetings are scheduled."

Alysion seemed to be thinking about something besides Ophelia, but he was completely silent. Something still felt... Sort of off.
XOxv5KE.png
"Okay," Ophelia nodded. Days weren't really an issue for her. She just needed the pay for the rent; the underground sent them a small sum of money every month. Ophelia didn't know where they obtained it from, but they never seemed to run out. She didn't mind. She pulled her small notebook out of her bag, noting down what Verum was saying and glad he didn't care about her mobile.

Aaron watched as the class began to settle back down, his eyes set on the classmate giving off the weird energy. He had a feeling that they got the same energy off of him. Got you, he thought, hoping that his mother would pick up her phone so that he could tell her what he had found.
"Okay," Ophelia nodded. Days weren't really an issue for her. She just needed the pay for the rent; the underground sent them a small sum of money every month. Ophelia didn't know where they obtained it from, but they never seemed to run out. She didn't mind. She pulled her small notebook out of her bag, noting down what Verum was saying and glad he didn't care about her mobile.

Aaron watched as the class began to settle back down, his eyes set on the classmate giving off the weird energy. He had a feeling that they got the same energy off of him. Got you, he thought, hoping that his mother would pick up her phone so that he could tell her what he had found.
"Seems good..." He noted and put whatever he was writing down. It seemed to be a form with lots of writing, but it seemed to be unreadable to anyone who didn't understand its terms. "And where are my manners?" The suited individual stood, pulling his jacket in line before offering his hand. "My name is Aurelius Verum, but Verum will do. Most people call me that already anyways."

"Seems good..." He noted and put whatever he was writing down. It seemed to be a form with lots of writing, but it seemed to be unreadable to anyone who didn't understand its terms. "And where are my manners?" The suited individual stood, pulling his jacket in line before offering his hand. "My name is Aurelius Verum, but Verum will do. Most people call me that already anyways."

XOxv5KE.png
"Pleased to meet you," Ophelia replied, not even bothering to nosy at the writings. She knew the chances were that she wouldn't understand it, and instead shook his hand. Since she'd already introduced herself, Ophelia didn't see it necessary to do so again.

Holding the phone to his ear again, Aaron attempted to recall his mother. He pursed his lips as it went straight to voicemail.
"Pleased to meet you," Ophelia replied, not even bothering to nosy at the writings. She knew the chances were that she wouldn't understand it, and instead shook his hand. Since she'd already introduced herself, Ophelia didn't see it necessary to do so again.

Holding the phone to his ear again, Aaron attempted to recall his mother. He pursed his lips as it went straight to voicemail.
The attorney nodded in response, shaking her hand before releasing his grip. "I'm assuming you wouldn't want to be here any longer." He noted, seeing that the firm wasn't exactly the nicest place, despite it being one of the more developed buildings in town. It was quite cramped, but that was probably due to the influx of activity recently, yet, it was not the posh, luxurious kind of place one would expect.

Alysion quickly got out of the room, stepping into the hallway to wait for Ophelia. There was something about that odd individual, and he needed to figure it out. Was magic too farfetched of a guess? If it was, he wouldn't have been able to detect it before, which made sense.
The attorney nodded in response, shaking her hand before releasing his grip. "I'm assuming you wouldn't want to be here any longer." He noted, seeing that the firm wasn't exactly the nicest place, despite it being one of the more developed buildings in town. It was quite cramped, but that was probably due to the influx of activity recently, yet, it was not the posh, luxurious kind of place one would expect.

Alysion quickly got out of the room, stepping into the hallway to wait for Ophelia. There was something about that odd individual, and he needed to figure it out. Was magic too farfetched of a guess? If it was, he wouldn't have been able to detect it before, which made sense.
XOxv5KE.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 64 65