Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private RP [with meely]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 64 65
Alysion reached his hand out in return, standing up from his previously sitting position. Why had he been searching for people like himself was quite the story, but that was something that could wait for another time. "Pleased to meet you." He greeted, making the scene look as if it were ordinary individuals interacting. "I'll explain further sometime soon, but this place is quite available to any eavesdroppers that might feel like stopping by."
Alysion reached his hand out in return, standing up from his previously sitting position. Why had he been searching for people like himself was quite the story, but that was something that could wait for another time. "Pleased to meet you." He greeted, making the scene look as if it were ordinary individuals interacting. "I'll explain further sometime soon, but this place is quite available to any eavesdroppers that might feel like stopping by."
XOxv5KE.png
Ophelia nodded understandably. "Of course." Aaron checked around for a moment; his dark blue eyes scanned the visible area. He couldn't see anyone, but he didn't mention this. "Well, we never expected this to happen here." She smiled. Part of her was sad that she had not obtained the normality, but then, she wasn't normal. She wondered how many others were in this town. Aaron watched the pair for a moment, wishing they'd hurry up already and explain to him what was going on, but Ophelia gave him a look that told him she'd explain later, and he seemed to understand. "Are you part of the... you know..." Aaron began to ask. He didn't want to say what it was, hoping Alysion would understand he meant the magical underground.
Ophelia nodded understandably. "Of course." Aaron checked around for a moment; his dark blue eyes scanned the visible area. He couldn't see anyone, but he didn't mention this. "Well, we never expected this to happen here." She smiled. Part of her was sad that she had not obtained the normality, but then, she wasn't normal. She wondered how many others were in this town. Aaron watched the pair for a moment, wishing they'd hurry up already and explain to him what was going on, but Ophelia gave him a look that told him she'd explain later, and he seemed to understand. "Are you part of the... you know..." Aaron began to ask. He didn't want to say what it was, hoping Alysion would understand he meant the magical underground.
"No." Alysion shook his head in response to the question, latching onto what she was implying. "This place is honestly too remote for any good contact with them, and this place has been devoid of magic users for quite some time." The seemingly-priest sighed, having felt the weight of being the only abnormality for quite some time. "...At least to my most recent knowledge, there aren't any more besides us three here."

His gaze was wary, but that wasn't because he mistrusted the two before him. But rather, he was searching the nearby area, just in case anyone had overheard something.
"No." Alysion shook his head in response to the question, latching onto what she was implying. "This place is honestly too remote for any good contact with them, and this place has been devoid of magic users for quite some time." The seemingly-priest sighed, having felt the weight of being the only abnormality for quite some time. "...At least to my most recent knowledge, there aren't any more besides us three here."

His gaze was wary, but that wasn't because he mistrusted the two before him. But rather, he was searching the nearby area, just in case anyone had overheard something.
XOxv5KE.png
Aaron heard about how devoid the area had been, filled with disappointment. He had had a gut feeling that this town was different, but clearly it wasn't. His instincts were usually good. "Right." He looked at Ophelia for a few moments, but she didn't notice. "Perhaps we just haven't found them yet," she suggested, hoping that perhaps there would be more. She was either having no others or plenty. There was strength in numbers, but also strength in isolation; you were harder to track. "Don't grasp at strings. It's highly unlikely," Aaron said, watching Alysion. "What should we do then?"
Aaron heard about how devoid the area had been, filled with disappointment. He had had a gut feeling that this town was different, but clearly it wasn't. His instincts were usually good. "Right." He looked at Ophelia for a few moments, but she didn't notice. "Perhaps we just haven't found them yet," she suggested, hoping that perhaps there would be more. She was either having no others or plenty. There was strength in numbers, but also strength in isolation; you were harder to track. "Don't grasp at strings. It's highly unlikely," Aaron said, watching Alysion. "What should we do then?"
In response to Aaron, the monochrome-haired individual stopped glancing about and relaxed slightly. "Well, there's only so much you can do with a few. Our next course of action could vary. We could try to contact the... Underground, as most of us might call it. Or we could simply carry on like this." He responded. Normally, he would have corrected Ophelia on her sentiment, since he had been around for years, and did not pick up on the unmistakable signature of any other magic users. "...But it's not my place to tell anyone else what they should do. After all, free will is restricted as is."
In response to Aaron, the monochrome-haired individual stopped glancing about and relaxed slightly. "Well, there's only so much you can do with a few. Our next course of action could vary. We could try to contact the... Underground, as most of us might call it. Or we could simply carry on like this." He responded. Normally, he would have corrected Ophelia on her sentiment, since he had been around for years, and did not pick up on the unmistakable signature of any other magic users. "...But it's not my place to tell anyone else what they should do. After all, free will is restricted as is."
XOxv5KE.png
"The Underground get too involved in everyone," Ophelia stated, quietly just in case someone was listening. "But they've been keeping people safe for years. It would be wise to try to contact them, in case a situation arises." Aaron didn't agree nor disagree, simply paying attention to what was left of the sunset. He noticed nobody seemed to stay outside when night fell. Perhaps they were going to stand out even more out here, but he didn't mention this. "I'm going to head back..." He murmured something about school, before excusing himself and disappearing. "Have you tried to contact them before?" Ophelia continued.
"The Underground get too involved in everyone," Ophelia stated, quietly just in case someone was listening. "But they've been keeping people safe for years. It would be wise to try to contact them, in case a situation arises." Aaron didn't agree nor disagree, simply paying attention to what was left of the sunset. He noticed nobody seemed to stay outside when night fell. Perhaps they were going to stand out even more out here, but he didn't mention this. "I'm going to head back..." He murmured something about school, before excusing himself and disappearing. "Have you tried to contact them before?" Ophelia continued.
"I... Have not, for an assortment of reasons." He responded while watching Aaron vanish. Now he was alone, with only Ophelia. "It's quite difficult to get ahold of them, even if you are one of them yourself. Understandable, since they must strive to keep themselves and their existence under wraps. I've also had no reason to, since this place is quite peaceful." He explained, having not witnessed anything particularly exciting or dangerous over his time stayed.
"I... Have not, for an assortment of reasons." He responded while watching Aaron vanish. Now he was alone, with only Ophelia. "It's quite difficult to get ahold of them, even if you are one of them yourself. Understandable, since they must strive to keep themselves and their existence under wraps. I've also had no reason to, since this place is quite peaceful." He explained, having not witnessed anything particularly exciting or dangerous over his time stayed.
XOxv5KE.png
"So, you aren't registered with them?" Ophelia couldn't imagine how insecure she'd feel if she wasn't registered with the Underground, though she remembered that that wasn't always safe. Even if you could register, your safety wasn't guaranteed in small towns, so it was understandable that he wouldn't have bothered contacting them. "It seems peaceful here." She couldn't possibly know this from the short time she had been here, but Ophelia got a good vibe. "Secluded though. I didn't expect to meet anyone like us here."

Aaron began walking down the street. A few straggled people were walking by, but nobody paid him much notice. He was almost back to their new home.
"So, you aren't registered with them?" Ophelia couldn't imagine how insecure she'd feel if she wasn't registered with the Underground, though she remembered that that wasn't always safe. Even if you could register, your safety wasn't guaranteed in small towns, so it was understandable that he wouldn't have bothered contacting them. "It seems peaceful here." She couldn't possibly know this from the short time she had been here, but Ophelia got a good vibe. "Secluded though. I didn't expect to meet anyone like us here."

Aaron began walking down the street. A few straggled people were walking by, but nobody paid him much notice. He was almost back to their new home.
"No.. I don't think they're aware of my existence, to be honest." Alysion shook his head as he unconsciously grasped onto the silver rosette he always had around his neck. "It is quite peaceful here. I've gone a long time with no disturbances." He confirmed her thoughts, as he hadn't been anywhere else during his time on the world. "While there are ups and downs to being registered, I decided that the pros did not outweigh the cons with my situation."
"No.. I don't think they're aware of my existence, to be honest." Alysion shook his head as he unconsciously grasped onto the silver rosette he always had around his neck. "It is quite peaceful here. I've gone a long time with no disturbances." He confirmed her thoughts, as he hadn't been anywhere else during his time on the world. "While there are ups and downs to being registered, I decided that the pros did not outweigh the cons with my situation."
XOxv5KE.png
Ophelia nodded, "I suppose that is true. It's much better to register if you live in a large city." Anyone who was listening in at this point could easily attach their conversation to an ordinary one about voting or something similar. She pulled out a small notebook and pen from her handbag, writing down a few notes. "Here is my address, in case you ever need it." She tore out the page and offered it to Alysion. She knew that having contacts with others provided some security, and so she had offered, especially since Alysion was alone.
Ophelia nodded, "I suppose that is true. It's much better to register if you live in a large city." Anyone who was listening in at this point could easily attach their conversation to an ordinary one about voting or something similar. She pulled out a small notebook and pen from her handbag, writing down a few notes. "Here is my address, in case you ever need it." She tore out the page and offered it to Alysion. She knew that having contacts with others provided some security, and so she had offered, especially since Alysion was alone.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 64 65