Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Now I'll Kindly Bid You Adieu (CLOSED)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
((@Pandacow Oh cool, :D Yeah, i just subbed :D And Nosferatu will probably be mean at first, perhaps a bit agressive, but.. if someone sticks around and gets used to his crankyness he might befriend them. He's likely not going to help them escape or stop them from escaping.. too lazy. XD (unless he likes that bird) He's kinda smilair to the peacock @Dogsblubblub has in that he has free reign of the compound. He uses the doggie door sometimes. XD))
((@Pandacow Oh cool, :D Yeah, i just subbed :D And Nosferatu will probably be mean at first, perhaps a bit agressive, but.. if someone sticks around and gets used to his crankyness he might befriend them. He's likely not going to help them escape or stop them from escaping.. too lazy. XD (unless he likes that bird) He's kinda smilair to the peacock @Dogsblubblub has in that he has free reign of the compound. He uses the doggie door sometimes. XD))
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
@ColorfulLava Oh yes, you're accepted! Sorry for the lateness! Your owl looks so done with life, oh my gosh, lol XD (the picture, not her personality, lol)

@Draconequis Accepted! Lol, that Potoo though XD All your characters look interesting!

Please subscribe!

@ColorfulLava Oh yes, you're accepted! Sorry for the lateness! Your owl looks so done with life, oh my gosh, lol XD (the picture, not her personality, lol)

@Draconequis Accepted! Lol, that Potoo though XD All your characters look interesting!

Please subscribe!

bHeX9bv.png[/url][/center]

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
Oops, nope, never mind, for those of you who read my previous post. I forgot TimeOblivion hasn't drawn up a bio, so we need to wait just a little longer! I'm also considering making a male character... Eh, maybe. Lol. We'll start soon!
Oops, nope, never mind, for those of you who read my previous post. I forgot TimeOblivion hasn't drawn up a bio, so we need to wait just a little longer! I'm also considering making a male character... Eh, maybe. Lol. We'll start soon!

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
@ Willowthewisp

already subbed and yaaay *throws confetti*
@ Willowthewisp

already subbed and yaaay *throws confetti*
@Willowthewisp So sorry for holding this up! School and all, but you're totally welcome to start without me.
@Willowthewisp So sorry for holding this up! School and all, but you're totally welcome to start without me.
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
(I am up real late in my time, so if my character is a little loopy, that's what it is XD We're gonna start!
Also ATTENTION! Giving this whole lab thing a bit more development, I think it would be interesting if they were experimenting with genetics on the birds, plants, etc. So, the scientists are genetically modifying the birds to have better sight, speed, endurance, whatever- but not necessarily all on one bird. Hey, lol, sorry for my hectic managing. XD I'm trying! :P)

Pip fluttered about in what could possibly be called a cage, if you were a pessimist. It could also be called a big 'ol forest, which was surrounded by looming glass that looked upon white hallways where people in labcoats took notes and looked all important and intimidating.
No no, Pip, that still sounds pretty pessimistic.
Okay, well, on the bright side, there's...probably food around here somewhere... Right? Totally.

The hummingbird halted, landing on a nearby tree- wait, WAS this even a tree? Its bark was a dull, russet color, with a slimy texture to its trunk.
She yelped softly as she tried to pull away and found her claws trapped in the ooze.
Nasty tree. Not gonna keep ME here.
She suddenly noticed the scientists grouped around the huge room were focused on her, and her small heart suddenly beat faster.
Well, if they wanted a show, she'd given them one.
The iridescent orange bird bent and used her small, needle-like beak to pry off some bark from a slime-free patch of the wood, sliding the scraps underneath her claws and using them as leverage to push her small feet upwards.
How'd ya like THAT, No-wings? she asked them mentally, and quite smugly.
In this manner, the small bird managed to free herself, and away she flew.

Fortunately for her, there weren't many of those trees around.
She decided to call them the Stickers, for lack of a better name. It seemed fitting, anyway, and she really didn't have much time to waste on what was called what.
Hey, was that a creek down below? She could use a drink. And hopefully get the remnants of the sticky- sap?- off her feet.
So she landed by the edge, wading into the shallower part, and took a few sips, keeping an eye on the water.
However, it was cool and clear, and smelled perfectly normal.
Well, at least she knew she had uncontaminated water.
She kept a wary eye on the people above her; she didn't trust them as far as she could hop.
The tiny bird cast her dark eyes around the exotic jungle she had found herself in this morning, searching for a place to roost, food to eat, and especially other signs of life.
Whether they were friendly or hostile, she'd have to just wait and see.

(I didn't whether to make it long or medium or what, sooooo here! XD)
(I am up real late in my time, so if my character is a little loopy, that's what it is XD We're gonna start!
Also ATTENTION! Giving this whole lab thing a bit more development, I think it would be interesting if they were experimenting with genetics on the birds, plants, etc. So, the scientists are genetically modifying the birds to have better sight, speed, endurance, whatever- but not necessarily all on one bird. Hey, lol, sorry for my hectic managing. XD I'm trying! :P)

Pip fluttered about in what could possibly be called a cage, if you were a pessimist. It could also be called a big 'ol forest, which was surrounded by looming glass that looked upon white hallways where people in labcoats took notes and looked all important and intimidating.
No no, Pip, that still sounds pretty pessimistic.
Okay, well, on the bright side, there's...probably food around here somewhere... Right? Totally.

The hummingbird halted, landing on a nearby tree- wait, WAS this even a tree? Its bark was a dull, russet color, with a slimy texture to its trunk.
She yelped softly as she tried to pull away and found her claws trapped in the ooze.
Nasty tree. Not gonna keep ME here.
She suddenly noticed the scientists grouped around the huge room were focused on her, and her small heart suddenly beat faster.
Well, if they wanted a show, she'd given them one.
The iridescent orange bird bent and used her small, needle-like beak to pry off some bark from a slime-free patch of the wood, sliding the scraps underneath her claws and using them as leverage to push her small feet upwards.
How'd ya like THAT, No-wings? she asked them mentally, and quite smugly.
In this manner, the small bird managed to free herself, and away she flew.

Fortunately for her, there weren't many of those trees around.
She decided to call them the Stickers, for lack of a better name. It seemed fitting, anyway, and she really didn't have much time to waste on what was called what.
Hey, was that a creek down below? She could use a drink. And hopefully get the remnants of the sticky- sap?- off her feet.
So she landed by the edge, wading into the shallower part, and took a few sips, keeping an eye on the water.
However, it was cool and clear, and smelled perfectly normal.
Well, at least she knew she had uncontaminated water.
She kept a wary eye on the people above her; she didn't trust them as far as she could hop.
The tiny bird cast her dark eyes around the exotic jungle she had found herself in this morning, searching for a place to roost, food to eat, and especially other signs of life.
Whether they were friendly or hostile, she'd have to just wait and see.

(I didn't whether to make it long or medium or what, sooooo here! XD)

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
((Sorry if you mind me skipping the part of Marble and friends going to the lab. @BelladonnaBloom if you have any problem with it let me know!))

Marble woke up slowly, yawning widely as she did so, showing all her teeth. As soon as she did so, several scents invaded her nose. The scent of home, the scent of her bed, the delicious smells wafting in from out of the room. Getting up from her doggy bed, she groggily stumbled out of the room, searching for her owner (and the source of the smells) as she did so, so she could go to the lab. She didn't know if Puna was still awake at this time, so she just stumbled on, searching for a way to get to the lab. Of course, she would still have to eat, drink, relieve herself, and go on a walk, but it pumped her up, at least.

Finally reaching the source of the odors, the kitchen, she immediately made herself known by whining, jumping around the floor for a few minutes before she looked back at her human with an expectant gaze. With a sigh, the owner finished what they were doing before clipping a leash onto Marble's collar, and setting off.

Soon after the walk ended, they were going to the lab. Letting her face rest out on the open car window and letting in everything, Marble watched the blur of the landscape with an excited grin, waiting for the moment where the lab came slowly into sight, where she could watch birds and be with that peacock and that scary... shoebill thing as well.

((Sorry if you mind me skipping the part of Marble and friends going to the lab. @BelladonnaBloom if you have any problem with it let me know!))

Marble woke up slowly, yawning widely as she did so, showing all her teeth. As soon as she did so, several scents invaded her nose. The scent of home, the scent of her bed, the delicious smells wafting in from out of the room. Getting up from her doggy bed, she groggily stumbled out of the room, searching for her owner (and the source of the smells) as she did so, so she could go to the lab. She didn't know if Puna was still awake at this time, so she just stumbled on, searching for a way to get to the lab. Of course, she would still have to eat, drink, relieve herself, and go on a walk, but it pumped her up, at least.

Finally reaching the source of the odors, the kitchen, she immediately made herself known by whining, jumping around the floor for a few minutes before she looked back at her human with an expectant gaze. With a sigh, the owner finished what they were doing before clipping a leash onto Marble's collar, and setting off.

Soon after the walk ended, they were going to the lab. Letting her face rest out on the open car window and letting in everything, Marble watched the blur of the landscape with an excited grin, waiting for the moment where the lab came slowly into sight, where she could watch birds and be with that peacock and that scary... shoebill thing as well.

James sat out in the courtyard of the lab, picking apart a large snake for breakfast. Tearing off bits if tendon, muscle, and fat, he noticed the snake had a large pouch near its stomach. Cutting it open with his beak, he discovered several soft snake eggs, ready to eat. With a victory chortle, he began to break apart the eggs, swallowing the little snake babies and the yellowish goop inside. Yummy.. what a nice breakfast I'm having here, he thought to himself, before dragging the remains to a hidden corner, near the lab. He would leave that for the dog to eat when they came.

(( sorry this is so short! Kinda in a rush rn and on mobile, soooo :/ ))
James sat out in the courtyard of the lab, picking apart a large snake for breakfast. Tearing off bits if tendon, muscle, and fat, he noticed the snake had a large pouch near its stomach. Cutting it open with his beak, he discovered several soft snake eggs, ready to eat. With a victory chortle, he began to break apart the eggs, swallowing the little snake babies and the yellowish goop inside. Yummy.. what a nice breakfast I'm having here, he thought to himself, before dragging the remains to a hidden corner, near the lab. He would leave that for the dog to eat when they came.

(( sorry this is so short! Kinda in a rush rn and on mobile, soooo :/ ))
Hello! I am 2 hours ahead of FR time.
cockatiel_icon_by_ceavit-d63tcsi.gif
mnem
She/Her
((No worries @Pandacow :) sorry it's short class is about to start))

Marble was back! Puna zipped over to her canine friend.
"Marble! There's a hummingbird! It got stuck on a trap tree then it unstuck itself! It was so cool to watch! The scientists thought it was rather interesting."
Puna paused to clean a feather.
"So how was your walk?"

((I wrote a long thing on watching Pip and then my internet crashed when I tried to submit it ;-;))
((No worries @Pandacow :) sorry it's short class is about to start))

Marble was back! Puna zipped over to her canine friend.
"Marble! There's a hummingbird! It got stuck on a trap tree then it unstuck itself! It was so cool to watch! The scientists thought it was rather interesting."
Puna paused to clean a feather.
"So how was your walk?"

((I wrote a long thing on watching Pip and then my internet crashed when I tried to submit it ;-;))

I have a great weakness for plants, good stories, and dragons.
Chained. She was annoyed, bored, and chained. She'd been left inside the main room with the dog, peacock, and shoebill after her last escape attempt. All three of the animals made her uneasy. She could still mess with them, considering her capacity to call their names in human tongue.. something she was quite proud of. She wished she'd not been so keen on trying to escape the other cage.. it had been much bigger in there.. and there were more things and animals to play with. Now she was alone.. and had to play with whatever she could reach with the length of her chain and as far as she could get with her clipped wings. Though some of the featherless creatures who'd kidnapped her had given her a few other things to play with as of recently. Mainly to make her keep her mouth shut when she started screeching, screaming, or calling the dog.

She picked up a small toy car and threw it with a satisfying bang against the cage bars. Burbling to herself, she reached her head outside the cage and unlatched the latch like she'd seen the humans do a thousand times before. Then she climbed up the outside of the cage and to the top where she spread her wings and half-flew, half-glided to the nearest desk. Here she started chewing at whatever papers had been left out. Shredding the papers made her feel satisfied.. as if she was taking apart the 'human' operation. Not that this was true or anything.. it just.. it was nice to pretend.
____

Nosferatu had watched cooly as the dog had been taken out this morning. It was a shame the beast was so docile.. she was wasting so much potential. He stood from his nest, a large circular 'bed' as the humans called it. All he knew was that it was comfortable, soft, and malleable. he could shift around whatever was inside by prodding it with his beak.

Striding to his bowl he gave a demanding screech, waiting exactly three seconds before screeching again. He continued this until food was dumped into his bowl. He snapped at the fingers who had delivered it, a bit peeved they'd been so late. Nosferatu was too hungry to really be mad though. He dug into the food, chunks of meat and a bit of fruit and vegetables. He finished eating quickly, wiping his dirty beak on the first pair of legs which came by and earning an exaspirated yell from the human. He found it amuzing.

Nosferatu toddled towards the surveying area where the birds were kept. Right now only a hummingbird, which was amuzing. He just watched her struggle from the observation point with an amuzed expression on his face. "Tch." he finally managed before striding back into the other room, where the African Grey was on a desk, at the limit of her chain and shredding papers.

He gave her an amuzed snort before pushing through the doggie door to let himself out into the courtyard. Here he saw the peacock, looking rather suspicious. He strode over with a swagger and self importance, feathers poofing up to make him look even bigger than he already was. "well well.. if it isn't James." he drawled.
___

Ur in the meantime was outside of the compound, hiding in plain sight by molding his body to look like a branch. This position was easy to keep up, and he could do it for hours while he waited for breakfast. His buggy eyes focused on his target, a fat beetle as it lazily soared through the air. Straightening out his body, Ur took off and caught the beatle with a satisfying crunch, landing on a branch a bit of a ways away from where he had been before. It would take a few more passes for him to be full, but he had nothing better to do today then that.

Well.. he could go try and figure out where all the other birds went.. but he also wasn't stupid and wasn't keen on being taken himself. it was only by natural camoflauge, luck, and his weird appearance that he'd not been found already. And the one time they had found him, the human who had caught him had just stared at him for a while and then let him go. He didn't understand why they had done this.. but he was fine with whatever the reasoning. His instinct was telling him that going with the humans was a bad idea.

Preening his disheveled feathers, Ur continued to watch the skies from his new perch.
Chained. She was annoyed, bored, and chained. She'd been left inside the main room with the dog, peacock, and shoebill after her last escape attempt. All three of the animals made her uneasy. She could still mess with them, considering her capacity to call their names in human tongue.. something she was quite proud of. She wished she'd not been so keen on trying to escape the other cage.. it had been much bigger in there.. and there were more things and animals to play with. Now she was alone.. and had to play with whatever she could reach with the length of her chain and as far as she could get with her clipped wings. Though some of the featherless creatures who'd kidnapped her had given her a few other things to play with as of recently. Mainly to make her keep her mouth shut when she started screeching, screaming, or calling the dog.

She picked up a small toy car and threw it with a satisfying bang against the cage bars. Burbling to herself, she reached her head outside the cage and unlatched the latch like she'd seen the humans do a thousand times before. Then she climbed up the outside of the cage and to the top where she spread her wings and half-flew, half-glided to the nearest desk. Here she started chewing at whatever papers had been left out. Shredding the papers made her feel satisfied.. as if she was taking apart the 'human' operation. Not that this was true or anything.. it just.. it was nice to pretend.
____

Nosferatu had watched cooly as the dog had been taken out this morning. It was a shame the beast was so docile.. she was wasting so much potential. He stood from his nest, a large circular 'bed' as the humans called it. All he knew was that it was comfortable, soft, and malleable. he could shift around whatever was inside by prodding it with his beak.

Striding to his bowl he gave a demanding screech, waiting exactly three seconds before screeching again. He continued this until food was dumped into his bowl. He snapped at the fingers who had delivered it, a bit peeved they'd been so late. Nosferatu was too hungry to really be mad though. He dug into the food, chunks of meat and a bit of fruit and vegetables. He finished eating quickly, wiping his dirty beak on the first pair of legs which came by and earning an exaspirated yell from the human. He found it amuzing.

Nosferatu toddled towards the surveying area where the birds were kept. Right now only a hummingbird, which was amuzing. He just watched her struggle from the observation point with an amuzed expression on his face. "Tch." he finally managed before striding back into the other room, where the African Grey was on a desk, at the limit of her chain and shredding papers.

He gave her an amuzed snort before pushing through the doggie door to let himself out into the courtyard. Here he saw the peacock, looking rather suspicious. He strode over with a swagger and self importance, feathers poofing up to make him look even bigger than he already was. "well well.. if it isn't James." he drawled.
___

Ur in the meantime was outside of the compound, hiding in plain sight by molding his body to look like a branch. This position was easy to keep up, and he could do it for hours while he waited for breakfast. His buggy eyes focused on his target, a fat beetle as it lazily soared through the air. Straightening out his body, Ur took off and caught the beatle with a satisfying crunch, landing on a branch a bit of a ways away from where he had been before. It would take a few more passes for him to be full, but he had nothing better to do today then that.

Well.. he could go try and figure out where all the other birds went.. but he also wasn't stupid and wasn't keen on being taken himself. it was only by natural camoflauge, luck, and his weird appearance that he'd not been found already. And the one time they had found him, the human who had caught him had just stared at him for a while and then let him go. He didn't understand why they had done this.. but he was fine with whatever the reasoning. His instinct was telling him that going with the humans was a bad idea.

Preening his disheveled feathers, Ur continued to watch the skies from his new perch.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9