Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Pirates, Merfolk, and Politics
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 45 46
Sirensong snarled. "You still don't get how it works on a pirate ship!" she exclaimed. "I got this ship by mutinying against the original captain. Then I repainted her, named her, and made her my own." She looked at him with deadly, serious eyes. "Pirate ships are dangerous places. Every one I've been on has been the same. If you can't accept that, then leave."
(I think we should say Malphias helped Siren with her original mutiny if that's okay.)

Azaran nodded silently. "You will always have my support and respect, your highness," he promised.

(I haven't had time to make my other merfolk yet.)
Sirensong snarled. "You still don't get how it works on a pirate ship!" she exclaimed. "I got this ship by mutinying against the original captain. Then I repainted her, named her, and made her my own." She looked at him with deadly, serious eyes. "Pirate ships are dangerous places. Every one I've been on has been the same. If you can't accept that, then leave."
(I think we should say Malphias helped Siren with her original mutiny if that's okay.)

Azaran nodded silently. "You will always have my support and respect, your highness," he promised.

(I haven't had time to make my other merfolk yet.)
Need someone to RP with? Look no further. PM me if you’d like me to join your RP!
Rothgar rolled his eyes. "Yeah, good for you. That is all things you have done in the time where I have not been here. All you have done since I have known you is run around and attack ships repeatedly. Pirate ships aren't all the same, and they aren't all as dangerous as you say, provided the captain knows what they are doing." he shook his head, eyes glinting with something else inside them. "The ship I used to be on.. the captain I used to be with... we didn't just fight the navy.. or try and go make peace with the merpeople who have killed our kin time and again. On my old ship we explored, found places we had never seen, pillaged, plundered and did what we could to survive. Forgive me for saying this Captain, but we have only fought Navy ships and tried to befriend Merpeople here. I will not leave, for I have nowhere to go.. and you know that well, but I will also not respect you until you have earned my respect." he glared right back at her. "Unless you think your crewmembers are not allowed to have opinions. in which case, I would think you would not be a fit captain."
Rothgar rolled his eyes. "Yeah, good for you. That is all things you have done in the time where I have not been here. All you have done since I have known you is run around and attack ships repeatedly. Pirate ships aren't all the same, and they aren't all as dangerous as you say, provided the captain knows what they are doing." he shook his head, eyes glinting with something else inside them. "The ship I used to be on.. the captain I used to be with... we didn't just fight the navy.. or try and go make peace with the merpeople who have killed our kin time and again. On my old ship we explored, found places we had never seen, pillaged, plundered and did what we could to survive. Forgive me for saying this Captain, but we have only fought Navy ships and tried to befriend Merpeople here. I will not leave, for I have nowhere to go.. and you know that well, but I will also not respect you until you have earned my respect." he glared right back at her. "Unless you think your crewmembers are not allowed to have opinions. in which case, I would think you would not be a fit captain."
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
Sirensong let out a long, low growl. "Malphias," she said in a low voice. "I order you back to the ship." Her voice brooked no argument.
"I never said you may not have an opinion," she said to Rothgar. "But pirates aren't so glamorous as you make them out to be." She let out a bitter laugh. "Your old ship sounds like a fairy tale. We fight the navy because they'll fight us on sight anyway. We don't explore because I'm not willing to put my crew in uncharted lands we don't know well. Do not assume that I don't know what I'm doing- I do. I just value my crew enough not to put them in that much danger. Except you. Because you don't give me any respect, or do much of anything at all."
She gave him a look of contempt. "If you want to risk the crew chasing wild geese, be my guest. But do it on your own ship. Oh wait. You don't have one!"
(Just imagine her accent, it's too much effort to type.)
Sirensong let out a long, low growl. "Malphias," she said in a low voice. "I order you back to the ship." Her voice brooked no argument.
"I never said you may not have an opinion," she said to Rothgar. "But pirates aren't so glamorous as you make them out to be." She let out a bitter laugh. "Your old ship sounds like a fairy tale. We fight the navy because they'll fight us on sight anyway. We don't explore because I'm not willing to put my crew in uncharted lands we don't know well. Do not assume that I don't know what I'm doing- I do. I just value my crew enough not to put them in that much danger. Except you. Because you don't give me any respect, or do much of anything at all."
She gave him a look of contempt. "If you want to risk the crew chasing wild geese, be my guest. But do it on your own ship. Oh wait. You don't have one!"
(Just imagine her accent, it's too much effort to type.)
Need someone to RP with? Look no further. PM me if you’d like me to join your RP!
Rothgar rolled his eyes. "Not everything ship is the same, I should think you would understand that above all else." he folded his arms. "I understand your choices, but you have to understand mine." he paused. "You can't expect me to respect you yet, if you haven't proven yourself to me. Respect is a two way street. You give me your respect and I will give it back to you in return. I did not mean that we needed to be like my other crew.. our lifestyle is why we capsized. I just meant that respect is something that is earned over time. And just because you are captain doesn't mean I will automatically respect you. Same as I don't expect you to respect me until I have proven myself."
Rothgar rolled his eyes. "Not everything ship is the same, I should think you would understand that above all else." he folded his arms. "I understand your choices, but you have to understand mine." he paused. "You can't expect me to respect you yet, if you haven't proven yourself to me. Respect is a two way street. You give me your respect and I will give it back to you in return. I did not mean that we needed to be like my other crew.. our lifestyle is why we capsized. I just meant that respect is something that is earned over time. And just because you are captain doesn't mean I will automatically respect you. Same as I don't expect you to respect me until I have proven myself."
Sirensong tilted her head, thinking. Then, she holstered her pistol. She held out a hand to shake. "Sounds good, Quartermaster." She gave a small, pretty smile. "I like that philosophy."

"Elder brother," Selena said, swimming to his side. "What is going on here?" She held a spear in her left hand. "I just got off guard duty and I find you bothering the princess." She gave him a smack on the head.
Sirensong tilted her head, thinking. Then, she holstered her pistol. She held out a hand to shake. "Sounds good, Quartermaster." She gave a small, pretty smile. "I like that philosophy."

"Elder brother," Selena said, swimming to his side. "What is going on here?" She held a spear in her left hand. "I just got off guard duty and I find you bothering the princess." She gave him a smack on the head.
Rothgar smirked back at Siren, putting out his hand and shaking her's in return. Maybe this would be the start of something new. They hadn't taked like this since she'd picked him up after his boat had capsized. A genuine smile crossed his face. "This might work after all then." he stated with a nod.

_______

Titania recoiled at the sudden hit of Selena on Azaran. She glanced at Selena, one eyebrow raised. "He is not bothering me. No need to be so violent." She stated. "Actually I came out here, so If anything, i would be the one bothering everyone."
Rothgar smirked back at Siren, putting out his hand and shaking her's in return. Maybe this would be the start of something new. They hadn't taked like this since she'd picked him up after his boat had capsized. A genuine smile crossed his face. "This might work after all then." he stated with a nod.

_______

Titania recoiled at the sudden hit of Selena on Azaran. She glanced at Selena, one eyebrow raised. "He is not bothering me. No need to be so violent." She stated. "Actually I came out here, so If anything, i would be the one bothering everyone."
Siren threw a hand in the air. "Now let's go shopping!" She looked askance at Rothgar, before, pretending to be generous, saying, "you can carry my bags." She let out a laugh. "And then we'll go drinking."

Azaran laughed. "That's normal for siblings, Princess," he told her. "She did worse when we were children. I often wonder why she's the younger one... she's much more responsible."

Selena rolled her eyes teasingly. "You can say that again," she said, putting her brother in a chokehold and giving him a noogie.

Azaran laughed painfully. "Selena, that actually hurts!" he said, pushing her off him before ruffling her hair. "How was guard duty?"
Siren threw a hand in the air. "Now let's go shopping!" She looked askance at Rothgar, before, pretending to be generous, saying, "you can carry my bags." She let out a laugh. "And then we'll go drinking."

Azaran laughed. "That's normal for siblings, Princess," he told her. "She did worse when we were children. I often wonder why she's the younger one... she's much more responsible."

Selena rolled her eyes teasingly. "You can say that again," she said, putting her brother in a chokehold and giving him a noogie.

Azaran laughed painfully. "Selena, that actually hurts!" he said, pushing her off him before ruffling her hair. "How was guard duty?"
(Where is everyone else...?)
(Where is everyone else...?)
(Sorry, school was kinda busy today and I just got back from my orchestra concert. Typing as fast as I can... which isn't actually that fast unfortunately -_- )

His eyes had widened at the sight of the captain and quartermaster fighting and though fights were his speciality, he hated seeing it between ship mates. Azriel had been about to run over and break it up when Malphias had beat him to it. He clenched his jaw, hoping nothing would actually happen, and walked over, standing off to the side and watched nervously, a hand clenched around a handle of his blade. A few other sailors turned curious eyes towards the pair though turned away when nothing interesting happened. He could understand both sides of the fight: a captain needed respect from her crew, but sometimes it was hard to maintain that bravado they needed to do so. Everybody needed a break every once in awhile. Respect shouldn't be something that you have for some one right upon meeting them, it is indeed something that develops. And not taking her crew into uncharted waters, where unknown creatures and people could lurk... well, that had also been something that Azriel had admired about Siren. She cared more about the safety of her crew than the fame and glory they could reap from such explorations.

Amarantha rubbed her arms nervously, suddenly scared to be in such a large group. No one was paying her much attention, so it wasn't awful, but crowds had always made her nervous, even before her special... abilities came into existence. She allowed herself to drift backwards a little bit, knowing that she wasn't being of much help with the current argument. She barely knew of the merpeople anyways, and of what she did know, it wasn't something that would be useful at the moment. An awkward smile lay across her lips, eyes darting back and forth nervously, wondering what she should do. She glanced at the merman who'd invited her over, Azaran if she remembered correctly. He was a healer, one who was quite skilled in his field. She'd always admired those with the capability to heal, something she herself would never be able to do. Tonics were good and all, but they could only do so much. And blood magic... useless when trying to stop someone from bleeding out. Or maybe it was just because Azaran was a healer that she admired them... shaking er head slightly, she tuned back into the conversation, a faint pinkish tinge on her cheeks.

(Idea thing: Snowleaf, when you make your other merpeople, could you have one of them be a close friend to Amarantha? That way she actually has someone she'll talk to and feel comfortable around XD )
(Sorry, school was kinda busy today and I just got back from my orchestra concert. Typing as fast as I can... which isn't actually that fast unfortunately -_- )

His eyes had widened at the sight of the captain and quartermaster fighting and though fights were his speciality, he hated seeing it between ship mates. Azriel had been about to run over and break it up when Malphias had beat him to it. He clenched his jaw, hoping nothing would actually happen, and walked over, standing off to the side and watched nervously, a hand clenched around a handle of his blade. A few other sailors turned curious eyes towards the pair though turned away when nothing interesting happened. He could understand both sides of the fight: a captain needed respect from her crew, but sometimes it was hard to maintain that bravado they needed to do so. Everybody needed a break every once in awhile. Respect shouldn't be something that you have for some one right upon meeting them, it is indeed something that develops. And not taking her crew into uncharted waters, where unknown creatures and people could lurk... well, that had also been something that Azriel had admired about Siren. She cared more about the safety of her crew than the fame and glory they could reap from such explorations.

Amarantha rubbed her arms nervously, suddenly scared to be in such a large group. No one was paying her much attention, so it wasn't awful, but crowds had always made her nervous, even before her special... abilities came into existence. She allowed herself to drift backwards a little bit, knowing that she wasn't being of much help with the current argument. She barely knew of the merpeople anyways, and of what she did know, it wasn't something that would be useful at the moment. An awkward smile lay across her lips, eyes darting back and forth nervously, wondering what she should do. She glanced at the merman who'd invited her over, Azaran if she remembered correctly. He was a healer, one who was quite skilled in his field. She'd always admired those with the capability to heal, something she herself would never be able to do. Tonics were good and all, but they could only do so much. And blood magic... useless when trying to stop someone from bleeding out. Or maybe it was just because Azaran was a healer that she admired them... shaking er head slightly, she tuned back into the conversation, a faint pinkish tinge on her cheeks.

(Idea thing: Snowleaf, when you make your other merpeople, could you have one of them be a close friend to Amarantha? That way she actually has someone she'll talk to and feel comfortable around XD )
fWEfcS7.gifzgwzOxw.gifMKMP7Ba.png6D1E8Ta.png
(Sure, I can have Selena be her friend.)

Selena quit roughhousing with her elder brother and swam over to Amarantha, gently placing her arm around the other girl's shoulders. Her deep blue highlights danced in her blonde hair.
"Don't be nervous, Ama," she said in a soothing voice, her cerulean eyes the exact same shade as those of her elder brother's.
(Sure, I can have Selena be her friend.)

Selena quit roughhousing with her elder brother and swam over to Amarantha, gently placing her arm around the other girl's shoulders. Her deep blue highlights danced in her blonde hair.
"Don't be nervous, Ama," she said in a soothing voice, her cerulean eyes the exact same shade as those of her elder brother's.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 45 46