Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The First Clutch Royal Ball - [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@Thaaftwe

"I look forward to that conversation, Your Royal Majesty," he said, giving a small bow as the Queen turned to greet more of her guests.

Upon going back up to his full height, he took another look around the crowd. He saw many others mingling, enjoying the night. His eyes drifted to Taanyth, while he wasn't sure who she was with it was most likely to assume to it was of the many suitors. From her, he trailed back to the other princesses, struck in conversation as well. Behind them though, just a few paces off. was their father. Elessar took a minute to think about him particularly, he wasn't entirely sure if he'd seen someone engage with him yet, which seemed odd to say the least.

With his mind made up, Elessar made his way over to the Pearlcatcher. "Lord Alanis," he said, giving a bow when the other turned, "I'm Elessar, a councilman of In'shun. I couldn't help but notice that you've seemed rather quiet tonight, I hope all is well, yes?"
@Thaaftwe

"I look forward to that conversation, Your Royal Majesty," he said, giving a small bow as the Queen turned to greet more of her guests.

Upon going back up to his full height, he took another look around the crowd. He saw many others mingling, enjoying the night. His eyes drifted to Taanyth, while he wasn't sure who she was with it was most likely to assume to it was of the many suitors. From her, he trailed back to the other princesses, struck in conversation as well. Behind them though, just a few paces off. was their father. Elessar took a minute to think about him particularly, he wasn't entirely sure if he'd seen someone engage with him yet, which seemed odd to say the least.

With his mind made up, Elessar made his way over to the Pearlcatcher. "Lord Alanis," he said, giving a bow when the other turned, "I'm Elessar, a councilman of In'shun. I couldn't help but notice that you've seemed rather quiet tonight, I hope all is well, yes?"
earthvs1.png *********************
Olive | Truffula

He | FR+2

************************ lightvs1.png
@Pokemon18780
((No, it's not too late to join! The ball is still in it's first "day," so it would not be awkward for your delegation to be introduced!))

@Nanobot87
Nimué shook her head in response to Emlyn's questions. She had never been one for hobbies, mainly because her life had been so thoroughly dictated by the matriarch that the skydancer never had the time to figure out what she might be interested in. She was struck by Emlyn's idea that the merchants might consider her family. She was always so isolated from them, even while joining in on their trade route. But then again, Haramios always tried to make her feel included, inviting her to their group evening meals and the like.

"A willow sounds like a wonderful shrine," Nimué commented as Emlyn seemed to drift off into thought about it. She'd always thought that their clan's shrine was unique, but perhaps all groups had their own versions with a similar purpose. "I have not had the chance to interact on a large extent with any of the clans the Caravan visits. I mostly travel with them in order to enjoy the sensation of it all. It is not healthy for a wind dragon to be restricted to one place for so long..." Her voice trailed off as she thought of how it had been before, watching the Caravan depart with wistful longing. And now that she was actually able to join them, she felt better, more complete. She shook her head, clearing her thoughts.

"The Caravan travels all over; they make a circuit starting in the wind territories and moving up to the east in fire, lightning, and so on. The circuit completes with a short journey back into wind once they have visited the other arcane clans. The entry point to the island that is used leads up into wind, so that is where the route begins and ends. The only territory that is not visited is ice, for the Caravan's wagons are not suited to ocean travel."

@Truffula
Alanis had been minding his daughters, watching the suitors speaking with them to ensure there was no unwanted attention to be had between parties. And yet, he had somehow missed Taanyth making her way off into the crowd with the Aeolian heir. By the time he realized her absence, she had all but disappeared. And he had been about to make his way after her when he saw the queen send word to Haramios to follow after the eldest princess. As Nahein walked back over to regain his position beside the matriarch, he noticed the pearlcatcher's distress and held up a hand briefly to let him know that the situation was handled. It had been the first time all night that the dark skydancer had acknowledged him.

At the sound of his name, Alanis blinked and slipped back into his air of nonchalance and ease. It had been a while since he'd been so ruffled, and it was uncouth to put his unease on display for the visiting nobles. So when Elessar approached him, the pearlcatcher was ready with a wide, warm smile, and a slight bow, one hand tucked up against his chest as he did so.

"A pleasure to meet you, Councilman," he said, voice smooth and welcoming, a tone he had mastered years ago. "But please, I am hardly a lord. I am merely a courtesan to the queen; there is little true power to be held by one in my stance. Although, I do suppose there is some meaning to be given to me now that I have my daughters." He quickly surveyed the imperial, still smiling. A strapping man, to say the least. He would be a good fit for any of the girls, if based on principle alone. However, there was likely more to be seen about him.

"I appreciate your concern, but I am perfectly well. It is just that my role here is to mind my daughters, not to go perusing the crowd for conversation. Although, I am glad to finally have someone to chat with. Tell me, what is it like in In'shun? Which element does your clan hail from?"
@Pokemon18780
((No, it's not too late to join! The ball is still in it's first "day," so it would not be awkward for your delegation to be introduced!))

@Nanobot87
Nimué shook her head in response to Emlyn's questions. She had never been one for hobbies, mainly because her life had been so thoroughly dictated by the matriarch that the skydancer never had the time to figure out what she might be interested in. She was struck by Emlyn's idea that the merchants might consider her family. She was always so isolated from them, even while joining in on their trade route. But then again, Haramios always tried to make her feel included, inviting her to their group evening meals and the like.

"A willow sounds like a wonderful shrine," Nimué commented as Emlyn seemed to drift off into thought about it. She'd always thought that their clan's shrine was unique, but perhaps all groups had their own versions with a similar purpose. "I have not had the chance to interact on a large extent with any of the clans the Caravan visits. I mostly travel with them in order to enjoy the sensation of it all. It is not healthy for a wind dragon to be restricted to one place for so long..." Her voice trailed off as she thought of how it had been before, watching the Caravan depart with wistful longing. And now that she was actually able to join them, she felt better, more complete. She shook her head, clearing her thoughts.

"The Caravan travels all over; they make a circuit starting in the wind territories and moving up to the east in fire, lightning, and so on. The circuit completes with a short journey back into wind once they have visited the other arcane clans. The entry point to the island that is used leads up into wind, so that is where the route begins and ends. The only territory that is not visited is ice, for the Caravan's wagons are not suited to ocean travel."

@Truffula
Alanis had been minding his daughters, watching the suitors speaking with them to ensure there was no unwanted attention to be had between parties. And yet, he had somehow missed Taanyth making her way off into the crowd with the Aeolian heir. By the time he realized her absence, she had all but disappeared. And he had been about to make his way after her when he saw the queen send word to Haramios to follow after the eldest princess. As Nahein walked back over to regain his position beside the matriarch, he noticed the pearlcatcher's distress and held up a hand briefly to let him know that the situation was handled. It had been the first time all night that the dark skydancer had acknowledged him.

At the sound of his name, Alanis blinked and slipped back into his air of nonchalance and ease. It had been a while since he'd been so ruffled, and it was uncouth to put his unease on display for the visiting nobles. So when Elessar approached him, the pearlcatcher was ready with a wide, warm smile, and a slight bow, one hand tucked up against his chest as he did so.

"A pleasure to meet you, Councilman," he said, voice smooth and welcoming, a tone he had mastered years ago. "But please, I am hardly a lord. I am merely a courtesan to the queen; there is little true power to be held by one in my stance. Although, I do suppose there is some meaning to be given to me now that I have my daughters." He quickly surveyed the imperial, still smiling. A strapping man, to say the least. He would be a good fit for any of the girls, if based on principle alone. However, there was likely more to be seen about him.

"I appreciate your concern, but I am perfectly well. It is just that my role here is to mind my daughters, not to go perusing the crowd for conversation. Although, I am glad to finally have someone to chat with. Tell me, what is it like in In'shun? Which element does your clan hail from?"
@Thaaftwe

A grin spread on her face. "My mother is from wind! Though, everyone who knew her before says that she's never really been normal. She likes to hunker down in one place and help the clan grow. Apparently, we used to travel a lot but something happened that made us prefer hiding out." She stated while fiddling with her cloak.
"I've tried to find what happened in our archives, but that whole time frame seems to be missing." She shrugged a bit, her carefree attitude showing when most would consider it serious. It wasn't strange for things to be missing, Gimar had gone through a lot.
"No loss for me, it was simple curiosity. If it's better left forgotten, who am I to argue?"

Her gaze shifted to the crowd, her eyes quickly spotting one of the Princesses walking with a suitor. A mischievous smirk appeared on her face. "So," she asked nonchalantly. "What do you think of this party? Do ya think any of the suitors might catch their eye? My brother is one of them, but I doubt he'll be able to woo one of them; he's pretty quiet." She gestured with her hands about how tall he was, mimicked his scowl, and failed at copying his baritone, her high voice not able to reach very low.

"Grr stop talking to me Emlyn. No drinking. I hate fun and everything fun. I scare everyone away with my stupid 'talll, dark and brooding' look that I don't even realize I have. Stop poking my face, that isn't going to make me smile." She laughed, her fake scowl being replaced with a wide grin.

"If only he smiled! Then he might actually find someone! People give him a wide berth back in Gimar 'cause he's so spooky. So!" She crossed her arms behind her head, completely throwing the etiquette she learned as a pup out the window. "I don't have my hopes up about a marriage between the clans. It'd be a miracle in and of itself if he even spoke to one of the Princesses."

((OOC: K'var isn't very social, and Emlyn pounces on every opportunity to make her brother uncomfortable. XD))
@Thaaftwe

A grin spread on her face. "My mother is from wind! Though, everyone who knew her before says that she's never really been normal. She likes to hunker down in one place and help the clan grow. Apparently, we used to travel a lot but something happened that made us prefer hiding out." She stated while fiddling with her cloak.
"I've tried to find what happened in our archives, but that whole time frame seems to be missing." She shrugged a bit, her carefree attitude showing when most would consider it serious. It wasn't strange for things to be missing, Gimar had gone through a lot.
"No loss for me, it was simple curiosity. If it's better left forgotten, who am I to argue?"

Her gaze shifted to the crowd, her eyes quickly spotting one of the Princesses walking with a suitor. A mischievous smirk appeared on her face. "So," she asked nonchalantly. "What do you think of this party? Do ya think any of the suitors might catch their eye? My brother is one of them, but I doubt he'll be able to woo one of them; he's pretty quiet." She gestured with her hands about how tall he was, mimicked his scowl, and failed at copying his baritone, her high voice not able to reach very low.

"Grr stop talking to me Emlyn. No drinking. I hate fun and everything fun. I scare everyone away with my stupid 'talll, dark and brooding' look that I don't even realize I have. Stop poking my face, that isn't going to make me smile." She laughed, her fake scowl being replaced with a wide grin.

"If only he smiled! Then he might actually find someone! People give him a wide berth back in Gimar 'cause he's so spooky. So!" She crossed her arms behind her head, completely throwing the etiquette she learned as a pup out the window. "I don't have my hopes up about a marriage between the clans. It'd be a miracle in and of itself if he even spoke to one of the Princesses."

((OOC: K'var isn't very social, and Emlyn pounces on every opportunity to make her brother uncomfortable. XD))
keidrJW.gifyredHSU.pngLwicdQN.pngiK7Ohoa.pngow5IsSc.png4ppxMP9.pngc0zcpSx.gif
Hex0gCq.png
@Thaaftwe

The imperial wore a light, yet pleasing, smile across his face as he continued talking with the pearlcatcher. "I suppose that would change things a bit, though seeing as you're one of our gracious hosts it would seem only right to greet you with respect as I would anyone else. I must say I can understand how you feel, if only a little bit, it's been sometime since so formally addressed up until tonight."

He paused for a moment, thinking for just a brief second before continuing, "It seems it wouldn't hurt for the two of us to drop the honorifics between the two of us, no? Even if only for the night, I feel it would leave more room for actual conversation."

"Though I must say I'm glad to hear you're well at the very least," at the inquiries about his home, Elessar gave a small chuckle, "In'shun is a unique place, there's five cities in total and one of which I reside in and look after things, my fellow councilmen do the same with the other cities. It's hard to pinpoint what exactly In'shun is like, seeing as each city is vastly different from the other, but in a simple way you could say it's a place with anything you could want. As of right now, we reside in Earth's territory, though there has been talk among us about moving into the Lightweaver's domain one day."

"I must say that nothing in In'shun is quite like what you all have here. It's quite refreshing, actually, I certainly look forward to getting to see more of this place while I'm here. It seems that you're all rather close here, too, though of course I may be wrong in that regard, but it feels as if you're all very trusting of each other at the least."
@Thaaftwe

The imperial wore a light, yet pleasing, smile across his face as he continued talking with the pearlcatcher. "I suppose that would change things a bit, though seeing as you're one of our gracious hosts it would seem only right to greet you with respect as I would anyone else. I must say I can understand how you feel, if only a little bit, it's been sometime since so formally addressed up until tonight."

He paused for a moment, thinking for just a brief second before continuing, "It seems it wouldn't hurt for the two of us to drop the honorifics between the two of us, no? Even if only for the night, I feel it would leave more room for actual conversation."

"Though I must say I'm glad to hear you're well at the very least," at the inquiries about his home, Elessar gave a small chuckle, "In'shun is a unique place, there's five cities in total and one of which I reside in and look after things, my fellow councilmen do the same with the other cities. It's hard to pinpoint what exactly In'shun is like, seeing as each city is vastly different from the other, but in a simple way you could say it's a place with anything you could want. As of right now, we reside in Earth's territory, though there has been talk among us about moving into the Lightweaver's domain one day."

"I must say that nothing in In'shun is quite like what you all have here. It's quite refreshing, actually, I certainly look forward to getting to see more of this place while I'm here. It seems that you're all rather close here, too, though of course I may be wrong in that regard, but it feels as if you're all very trusting of each other at the least."
Olive | Truffula

He | FR+2

@Nanobot87

The Empress nodded, her eyes not leaving his. "I see..." She raised an eyebrow in curiosity. "If that is the case, perhaps we can make some trade between our two dignified clans?' She asked, her tone kind yet curious. Her servant shifted closer to her, his eyes not leaving K'var. Rightly so, considering he had to protect his dear Empress.
"No doubt it will be rather beneficial to us both, Prince K'var." Ridashippu smiled kindly.

((Sorry for the wait))
@Nanobot87

The Empress nodded, her eyes not leaving his. "I see..." She raised an eyebrow in curiosity. "If that is the case, perhaps we can make some trade between our two dignified clans?' She asked, her tone kind yet curious. Her servant shifted closer to her, his eyes not leaving K'var. Rightly so, considering he had to protect his dear Empress.
"No doubt it will be rather beneficial to us both, Prince K'var." Ridashippu smiled kindly.

((Sorry for the wait))
mmmmm dragon
@Nanobot87
Nimué gently dragged her teeth on the inside of her lower lip in thought as she also surveyed the crowd. What did she think of the party? She wasn't sure. It certainly was...a party. The clan had never had an event on this scale before. Or many visitors at all, she realized. The only time she had been exposed to outsiders was on the road with the merchants or when someone new arrived stating they wished to live on the island. It had been some time since anyone had come to join the clan.

"I have not met any of the suitors yet," she told Emlyn. "So I cannot say for sure if there are any that stand out. Besides, it is the matriarch who will decide which suitors win the princesses' hands, so I doubt she will ask after my opinion." She looked to Emlyn as the other skydancer began to speak of her brother and imitate him, tapping the glass in her hands absentmindedly as she watched the impersonation. Afterwards, she furrowed her brow ever so slightly and tilted her head.

"Does he truly hate fun? That seems like an odd thing for him to say," she said plainly. Emlyn's brother was surely a very odd person. "What does your brother look like? Can you see him from here?" She looked out at the crowd, scanning for someone who looked like the skydancer in front of her.

@Truffula
Alanis grinned widely, nodding at the proposal to drop the honorifics. He listened intently as his companion described the city, or rather cities, that he hailed from. It was always exciting to hear of other clans; it had been some time since he left the island, but he hardly minded that fact. There was plenty to be aware of here. And if he were to travel, he would be expected to work in some degree. If he didn't mind it, he would have begun traveling with the merchants long ago.

"That would be quite a leap, packing so many cities and people and simply moving from one territory to another. And not to mention, the road from Dragonhome to the Ruins leads through the Tangled Wood, and it is best to avoid those pesky shadow dragons," Alanis said. The last part was spoken louder than the rest, the pearlcatcher leaning to the side slightly to try and catch the eye of the queen's stoic guard. Nahein rolled his shoulders and then glanced behind him, sending Alanis an unamused glare before he turned back around. Alanis laughed lightly under his breath.

"But I digress," he told Elessar, gesturing a hand to the room around them. "This is about the most spectacular building here on the island, and it was only built recently. Though I do believe the small village of quest quarters that were also built for this occasion are also quite lovely; I haven't had the chance to visit them myself. I doubt, even with this finery, we can hold a candle to your great cities.

"Although, while you are here you must visit the Gilded Basin," he continued, putting up a finger as if stopping himself from forgetting to mention the establishment. "It is the only inn on the island and it houses a magnificent bathhouse as well. I am a frequent customer of theirs; they have quite the selection of delicious teas at the inn. Of course, there is also the orchard to the north, although it is rather bare now due to the season."
@Nanobot87
Nimué gently dragged her teeth on the inside of her lower lip in thought as she also surveyed the crowd. What did she think of the party? She wasn't sure. It certainly was...a party. The clan had never had an event on this scale before. Or many visitors at all, she realized. The only time she had been exposed to outsiders was on the road with the merchants or when someone new arrived stating they wished to live on the island. It had been some time since anyone had come to join the clan.

"I have not met any of the suitors yet," she told Emlyn. "So I cannot say for sure if there are any that stand out. Besides, it is the matriarch who will decide which suitors win the princesses' hands, so I doubt she will ask after my opinion." She looked to Emlyn as the other skydancer began to speak of her brother and imitate him, tapping the glass in her hands absentmindedly as she watched the impersonation. Afterwards, she furrowed her brow ever so slightly and tilted her head.

"Does he truly hate fun? That seems like an odd thing for him to say," she said plainly. Emlyn's brother was surely a very odd person. "What does your brother look like? Can you see him from here?" She looked out at the crowd, scanning for someone who looked like the skydancer in front of her.

@Truffula
Alanis grinned widely, nodding at the proposal to drop the honorifics. He listened intently as his companion described the city, or rather cities, that he hailed from. It was always exciting to hear of other clans; it had been some time since he left the island, but he hardly minded that fact. There was plenty to be aware of here. And if he were to travel, he would be expected to work in some degree. If he didn't mind it, he would have begun traveling with the merchants long ago.

"That would be quite a leap, packing so many cities and people and simply moving from one territory to another. And not to mention, the road from Dragonhome to the Ruins leads through the Tangled Wood, and it is best to avoid those pesky shadow dragons," Alanis said. The last part was spoken louder than the rest, the pearlcatcher leaning to the side slightly to try and catch the eye of the queen's stoic guard. Nahein rolled his shoulders and then glanced behind him, sending Alanis an unamused glare before he turned back around. Alanis laughed lightly under his breath.

"But I digress," he told Elessar, gesturing a hand to the room around them. "This is about the most spectacular building here on the island, and it was only built recently. Though I do believe the small village of quest quarters that were also built for this occasion are also quite lovely; I haven't had the chance to visit them myself. I doubt, even with this finery, we can hold a candle to your great cities.

"Although, while you are here you must visit the Gilded Basin," he continued, putting up a finger as if stopping himself from forgetting to mention the establishment. "It is the only inn on the island and it houses a magnificent bathhouse as well. I am a frequent customer of theirs; they have quite the selection of delicious teas at the inn. Of course, there is also the orchard to the north, although it is rather bare now due to the season."
((Okay then!!)) [center][u][b]Flames Embrace Clan[/b][/u][/center] [center]A clan that has started living in peace with the beast clans and seek to further peaceful negotiations and cohabitation. The clan itself has an ambassador for the beast clans that speaks so that peace can be kept and understanding can be reached. The clan itself is made up of misfits who didn't fit in or were thrown out of their previous clans. The Flames Embrace itself doesn't truly have a hierarchy as the only ones who have a true rank are the leaders and the heir to the clan, and leaving everyone else as equals. Everyone that is part of the clan is considered family or as those in the clan call each other, Oflama[/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/241166/24116568_350.png[/img] [b][u]Ace[/u][/b] Leader of the Flames Embrace, and is known for his ability to set himself on fire along with his narcoleptic tendencies (face planting in food is a common occurrence). He holds no prejudices against any species of dragons and is the third ruler of the Flames Embrace. The flames that dance along his mane along with his wisps are practically extensions of himself and demonstrate what he's feeling at the moment. They however do not burn unless he orders them to. He treats everyone the same, as he does not truly care for ranks or bloodlines and finds them to be incredibly stupid. Hoping to set up his two "sons" with somebody at the party. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/241011/24101021_350.png[/img] [b][u]Marco[/u][/b] The co-leader of the clan and is the one in charge of confirming any actual new relations, alliances and trading agreements. She is a relatively serious dragon and her main duty is to make sure that Ace doesn't cause any trouble or embarrass himself. She is skilled in the works of a healer through the use of her flames as instead of being warm they are almost freezing in nature. She will be staying near Ace and will very rarely leave his side and might only do so to help her "sons". [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/301419/30141837_350.png[/img] [b][u]Sabo[/u][/b] The Flames Embrace heir and chosen by Impulse, Celeste, and Silverdust although he's not one to flaunt this supposed remarkable achievement. Instead he likes to keep himself humble and reminds himself of his origins. Sabo has taken to wearing things that remind him of both of his adopted parents. He is hoping to gain the eldest sisters hand due to the rumors that he has heard of her speaking her mind. A quality that he finds appealing in all dragons. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/294680/29467901_350.png[/img] [u][b]Dusk[/b][/u] Dusk is the caretaker of the blessed places where the statues of the gods along with beast clan deities are placed so that a dragon or those of a beastclan could worship. He has a visible crush on the youngest daughter as his cheeks have a visible blush whenever he looks at any female dragon thats not in the clan. If something were to happen to Sabo he is the next in line to as heir to the Flames Embrace clan. Stutters a lot since he is a nervous child 50% of the time. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/256986/25698591_350.png[/img] [u][b]Nightshade[/b][/u] Not a dragon that you would imagine to be a guard or a ambassador in any situation. In fact he's rather lazy and would much rather be working on his magic formulas. He doesn't stick around any in particular but mostly hovers around Dusk. He is a son in law to Ace and Marco due to him being mated with their daughter Amber.[/center]
((Okay then!!))
Flames Embrace Clan
A clan that has started living in peace with the beast clans and seek to further peaceful negotiations and cohabitation. The clan itself has an ambassador for the beast clans that speaks so that peace can be kept and understanding can be reached. The clan itself is made up of misfits who didn't fit in or were thrown out of their previous clans. The Flames Embrace itself doesn't truly have a hierarchy as the only ones who have a true rank are the leaders and the heir to the clan, and leaving everyone else as equals. Everyone that is part of the clan is considered family or as those in the clan call each other, Oflama
24116568_350.png
Ace
Leader of the Flames Embrace, and is known for his ability to set himself on fire along with his narcoleptic tendencies (face planting in food is a common occurrence). He holds no prejudices against any species of dragons and is the third ruler of the Flames Embrace. The flames that dance along his mane along with his wisps are practically extensions of himself and demonstrate what he's feeling at the moment. They however do not burn unless he orders them to. He treats everyone the same, as he does not truly care for ranks or bloodlines and finds them to be incredibly stupid. Hoping to set up his two "sons" with somebody at the party.

24101021_350.png
Marco
The co-leader of the clan and is the one in charge of confirming any actual new relations, alliances and trading agreements. She is a relatively serious dragon and her main duty is to make sure that Ace doesn't cause any trouble or embarrass himself. She is skilled in the works of a healer through the use of her flames as instead of being warm they are almost freezing in nature. She will be staying near Ace and will very rarely leave his side and might only do so to help her "sons".

30141837_350.png
Sabo
The Flames Embrace heir and chosen by Impulse, Celeste, and Silverdust although he's not one to flaunt this supposed remarkable achievement. Instead he likes to keep himself humble and reminds himself of his origins. Sabo has taken to wearing things that remind him of both of his adopted parents. He is hoping to gain the eldest sisters hand due to the rumors that he has heard of her speaking her mind. A quality that he finds appealing in all dragons.

29467901_350.png
Dusk
Dusk is the caretaker of the blessed places where the statues of the gods along with beast clan deities are placed so that a dragon or those of a beastclan could worship. He has a visible crush on the youngest daughter as his cheeks have a visible blush whenever he looks at any female dragon thats not in the clan. If something were to happen to Sabo he is the next in line to as heir to the Flames Embrace clan. Stutters a lot since he is a nervous child 50% of the time.

25698591_350.png
Nightshade
Not a dragon that you would imagine to be a guard or a ambassador in any situation. In fact he's rather lazy and would much rather be working on his magic formulas. He doesn't stick around any in particular but mostly hovers around Dusk. He is a son in law to Ace and Marco due to him being mated with their daughter Amber.
oulcMpY.gif
@Thaaftwe

Elessar chuckled at the small exchange between Alanis and Nahein, "I take it he's a friend of yours?" he said, giving a small nod in the direction of the stoic man. "While I know not that the details, he reminds me of someone I know, though maybe not as bitter."

"But yes, it would be quite the journey regardless, without full support from the full council it's not likely that such a move would happen, so I try not to worry myself with it." He gave a small sigh as he paused, "We do have our reasons though, which some of the newer and younger councilmen don't quite understand... The idea was actually suggested by the head of our council," he said as he nodded over to a pearlcatcher across the room. She stood off to the side with a broad guardian beside her, the two seemed like an odd duo, the shorter of the two certainly seeming friendly than her companion. "She's rather young, but she's our head for a reason, so I have the utmost faith in her decisions."

"Though I certainly wouldn't say what you all have here couldn't compare to the cities, everything here has it's own kind of charm." He gave a nod as he looked around the room again, his smile holding strong, "It's certainly something that I don't see every day, so I can't help but appreciate it at the very least. For this building being so new is surprising as well, to me it feels as if it would have always been here."

Elessar's interest left the thought of the buildings craftsmanship at the mention of the inn, "Gilded Basin, hmm? The name itself makes it sound like a good place to be, and seeing as you seem to man of good taste I have no doubt that this inn is spectacular. I'll definitely have to be sure to visit it a few times while I'm here, the promise of good tea and the prospect of relaxing are more than enough reason to visit."
@Thaaftwe

Elessar chuckled at the small exchange between Alanis and Nahein, "I take it he's a friend of yours?" he said, giving a small nod in the direction of the stoic man. "While I know not that the details, he reminds me of someone I know, though maybe not as bitter."

"But yes, it would be quite the journey regardless, without full support from the full council it's not likely that such a move would happen, so I try not to worry myself with it." He gave a small sigh as he paused, "We do have our reasons though, which some of the newer and younger councilmen don't quite understand... The idea was actually suggested by the head of our council," he said as he nodded over to a pearlcatcher across the room. She stood off to the side with a broad guardian beside her, the two seemed like an odd duo, the shorter of the two certainly seeming friendly than her companion. "She's rather young, but she's our head for a reason, so I have the utmost faith in her decisions."

"Though I certainly wouldn't say what you all have here couldn't compare to the cities, everything here has it's own kind of charm." He gave a nod as he looked around the room again, his smile holding strong, "It's certainly something that I don't see every day, so I can't help but appreciate it at the very least. For this building being so new is surprising as well, to me it feels as if it would have always been here."

Elessar's interest left the thought of the buildings craftsmanship at the mention of the inn, "Gilded Basin, hmm? The name itself makes it sound like a good place to be, and seeing as you seem to man of good taste I have no doubt that this inn is spectacular. I'll definitely have to be sure to visit it a few times while I'm here, the promise of good tea and the prospect of relaxing are more than enough reason to visit."
Olive | Truffula

He | FR+2

@Ridashippu

K'var merely glanced at the servant who shuffled closer to the Empress. He wasn't going to do anything, so the suspicion was unneeded. His eyes went back to the Empress, his expression neutral and borderline bored in appearance.
"Yes, I agree. For now, our alliance will be in words until my family returns to Gimar. Once there, a messenger will be sent to your clan to finalize the finer details of our agreement. Until then," He bowed once more. "I hope you enjoy the party and make many allies. Best of luck on your research. If you'll excuse me." He turned and made his way into the crowd once more, his eyes scanning for Celyn.
He withheld a curse in irritation. Where could she have gone? Instead, he made his way over to one of the wall and leaned against it with his arms crossed.

@Thaaftwe

Em blinked at Nimue in confusion, her arms slowly falling down to her sides. She was serious...

Carefully she asked. "I hope you don't mind me asking but... when was the last time someone joked with you?" She tilted her head slightly as well before shaking it."Nevermind." She said quietly as an afterthought. "I'm sure he has things that he finds fun... I think."

Her eyes searched the crowd for her brother, who she spotted leaning against a wall. "There he is!" She pointed him out to the other skydancer. "He's the one leaning against the wall. I can go fetch him if you want." She turned her attention back Nimue. Her tail flicked a bit as she waited. Maybe K'var would get along with her? Em didn't really know what to do.
@Ridashippu

K'var merely glanced at the servant who shuffled closer to the Empress. He wasn't going to do anything, so the suspicion was unneeded. His eyes went back to the Empress, his expression neutral and borderline bored in appearance.
"Yes, I agree. For now, our alliance will be in words until my family returns to Gimar. Once there, a messenger will be sent to your clan to finalize the finer details of our agreement. Until then," He bowed once more. "I hope you enjoy the party and make many allies. Best of luck on your research. If you'll excuse me." He turned and made his way into the crowd once more, his eyes scanning for Celyn.
He withheld a curse in irritation. Where could she have gone? Instead, he made his way over to one of the wall and leaned against it with his arms crossed.

@Thaaftwe

Em blinked at Nimue in confusion, her arms slowly falling down to her sides. She was serious...

Carefully she asked. "I hope you don't mind me asking but... when was the last time someone joked with you?" She tilted her head slightly as well before shaking it."Nevermind." She said quietly as an afterthought. "I'm sure he has things that he finds fun... I think."

Her eyes searched the crowd for her brother, who she spotted leaning against a wall. "There he is!" She pointed him out to the other skydancer. "He's the one leaning against the wall. I can go fetch him if you want." She turned her attention back Nimue. Her tail flicked a bit as she waited. Maybe K'var would get along with her? Em didn't really know what to do.
keidrJW.gifyredHSU.pngLwicdQN.pngiK7Ohoa.pngow5IsSc.png4ppxMP9.pngc0zcpSx.gif
Hex0gCq.png
@Truffula
Alanis shrugged at Elessar's question. Casually he said, "You could call us friends. At least, I like to think we are. We are both some of the clan members who have lived here the longest, so we merely have a long-standing relationship." The pearlcatcher grinned. "In all honesty, he is just fun to tease."

He followed Elessar's gaze to the pearlcatcher who was head of the In'shun council. She did seem rather young to be leading the delegates of a five-city republic. Yet he had been surprised before at the skill some people of young age possessed, so he agreed with Elessar's assessment. She would not be in a position of power if she did not deserve it.

"I suppose I am accustomed to the architecture and style of decor at this point," Alanis mused on the subject of the ballroom. "Nothing around here surprises me in that way. I've seen buildings come and go, so none really spark an interest any longer. Although," his mouth turned up in a smile and he clasped his hand together lightly, "the Gilded Basin is still so vibrant each time I visit it. It was built by the two owners, Deinir and Ruathi, a year or so after they arrived on the island. Life around here has certainly brightened since then. A lovely couple, those two, and extremely welcoming to all who visit their establishment. If you wish, when you and your delegation, if they have the interest, visit the Basin I can introduce you all to them."

@Nanobot87
Nimué stared at Emlyn, gauging her reaction. It had been a joke? Which part? The petite skydancer wondered if she had missed something in her companion's words. She then followed the other's gesture to where the skydancer in question stood. They did look related indeed. And his expression reminded Nimué somewhat of Nahein's solemn air.

"You can fetch him if you wish," she told Emlyn. "I would not be opposed to meeting him." She supposed she should start being more social, although she wondered to what extent she was allowed to interact with the guests. It was best to be polite, but where did the boundary fall, exactly? She would have to ask the matriarch about it once the evening's festivities concluded. Nimué swirled the contents of the glass in her hands thoughtfully.
@Truffula
Alanis shrugged at Elessar's question. Casually he said, "You could call us friends. At least, I like to think we are. We are both some of the clan members who have lived here the longest, so we merely have a long-standing relationship." The pearlcatcher grinned. "In all honesty, he is just fun to tease."

He followed Elessar's gaze to the pearlcatcher who was head of the In'shun council. She did seem rather young to be leading the delegates of a five-city republic. Yet he had been surprised before at the skill some people of young age possessed, so he agreed with Elessar's assessment. She would not be in a position of power if she did not deserve it.

"I suppose I am accustomed to the architecture and style of decor at this point," Alanis mused on the subject of the ballroom. "Nothing around here surprises me in that way. I've seen buildings come and go, so none really spark an interest any longer. Although," his mouth turned up in a smile and he clasped his hand together lightly, "the Gilded Basin is still so vibrant each time I visit it. It was built by the two owners, Deinir and Ruathi, a year or so after they arrived on the island. Life around here has certainly brightened since then. A lovely couple, those two, and extremely welcoming to all who visit their establishment. If you wish, when you and your delegation, if they have the interest, visit the Basin I can introduce you all to them."

@Nanobot87
Nimué stared at Emlyn, gauging her reaction. It had been a joke? Which part? The petite skydancer wondered if she had missed something in her companion's words. She then followed the other's gesture to where the skydancer in question stood. They did look related indeed. And his expression reminded Nimué somewhat of Nahein's solemn air.

"You can fetch him if you wish," she told Emlyn. "I would not be opposed to meeting him." She supposed she should start being more social, although she wondered to what extent she was allowed to interact with the guests. It was best to be polite, but where did the boundary fall, exactly? She would have to ask the matriarch about it once the evening's festivities concluded. Nimué swirled the contents of the glass in her hands thoughtfully.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12