Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | DYSTÖPE | a private pokemon rp
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 38 39
@skiatha @carnifex

Mila's grin widened with excitement at Michael's reply. "Wonderful! Thank you so much! It'd really be a waste to dispose of a Pokemon like him, so I'll work hard and make him something you can feel proud of," she said, looking to Delilah as well.

"As for paperwork, please leave it all to me. I do this more often than you'd think, so I've got contacts who can essentially do everything for us." She shrugged, almost sheepishly. "It's pretty cool! It definitely makes the process much easier, and cuts out a good amount of the usual red tape." Mila met Michael's gaze again, head slightly cocked to one side. "Does... that sound alright to you?"
@skiatha @carnifex

Mila's grin widened with excitement at Michael's reply. "Wonderful! Thank you so much! It'd really be a waste to dispose of a Pokemon like him, so I'll work hard and make him something you can feel proud of," she said, looking to Delilah as well.

"As for paperwork, please leave it all to me. I do this more often than you'd think, so I've got contacts who can essentially do everything for us." She shrugged, almost sheepishly. "It's pretty cool! It definitely makes the process much easier, and cuts out a good amount of the usual red tape." Mila met Michael's gaze again, head slightly cocked to one side. "Does... that sound alright to you?"
@skiatha @ayle

Michael narrowed his eyes, considered Mila's words and the potential of that going sideways, and decided that washing his hands of the situation as quickly as possible was the ideal solution. He simply handed over Octavian's pokeball, "Good luck with the beast. You're honestly wasting your time. Too smart and willful for its own good." He remarked, making it sound like Mila was getting the bad end of some deal. It was more for his sake than hers, to reassure the decision was a sound one. He readjusted his grip on Delilah's arm and pulled her away and they left swiftly and quickly, and the faint sound of Michael snarling at his wife soon faded in the murmur of the crowd.
@skiatha @ayle

Michael narrowed his eyes, considered Mila's words and the potential of that going sideways, and decided that washing his hands of the situation as quickly as possible was the ideal solution. He simply handed over Octavian's pokeball, "Good luck with the beast. You're honestly wasting your time. Too smart and willful for its own good." He remarked, making it sound like Mila was getting the bad end of some deal. It was more for his sake than hers, to reassure the decision was a sound one. He readjusted his grip on Delilah's arm and pulled her away and they left swiftly and quickly, and the faint sound of Michael snarling at his wife soon faded in the murmur of the crowd.
JXVUomh.png
@ayle @carnifex

Ajax's jaw fell slightly at being so purposefully brushed off by DuPont, but he caught himself before he could cut in again. He knew that they couldn't draw in more attention than they already did; an intuition that Mila seemed to be so poorly lacking in. DuPont appeared set to dump the pokemon in some alley anyway, but Ajax looked to Mila when he mentioned taking Mila's number. His eyebrow ever so slightly twitched up in a shrug.

Your problem.

However, she surprised him by managing to pull a lie out of thin air; but it was nearly so risky that for a second he thought that DuPont wouldn't take it. The man narrowed his eyes in what looked like suspicion, but with a grunt he handed over the pokeball and then was gone faster than either of them could respond.

Ajax waited after the couple was safely out of range, then turned away sharply towards the exit with a stiff, "Let's go."

They would discuss this...complication back in their suite.
@ayle @carnifex

Ajax's jaw fell slightly at being so purposefully brushed off by DuPont, but he caught himself before he could cut in again. He knew that they couldn't draw in more attention than they already did; an intuition that Mila seemed to be so poorly lacking in. DuPont appeared set to dump the pokemon in some alley anyway, but Ajax looked to Mila when he mentioned taking Mila's number. His eyebrow ever so slightly twitched up in a shrug.

Your problem.

However, she surprised him by managing to pull a lie out of thin air; but it was nearly so risky that for a second he thought that DuPont wouldn't take it. The man narrowed his eyes in what looked like suspicion, but with a grunt he handed over the pokeball and then was gone faster than either of them could respond.

Ajax waited after the couple was safely out of range, then turned away sharply towards the exit with a stiff, "Let's go."

They would discuss this...complication back in their suite.
pdPOUgg.png
@skiatha @carnifex

Mila waved and called out another round of thanks, before turning to follow after Ajax. They made their way to the exit as the other patrons, sensing that this round of entertainment was over, turned back to the stage and resumed their own conversations.

Mila smiled and thanked the guards at the exit as it slid open, revealing another long, lavishly decorated hallway which lead to the outward bound portal system. She looked mildly apologetic as Ajax stormed through, made a show of ensuring Lin passed through as well, and then thanked them again as the door started to close.

The facade evaporated when the door clicked shut, disappearing alongside the quiet susurrus of polite chatter from the lounge. Mila paused, a thoughtful look on her face as she turned Octavian's Pokeball over in her hand; the Braixen looked back at her, its expression unreadable. Or maybe it was emoting; Mila couldn't quite tell.

Ajax, on the other hand, was being quite obvious with his feelings. Mila stifled a sigh, before picking up her pace to catch up and commenting dryly,

"I take it you're displeased."
@skiatha @carnifex

Mila waved and called out another round of thanks, before turning to follow after Ajax. They made their way to the exit as the other patrons, sensing that this round of entertainment was over, turned back to the stage and resumed their own conversations.

Mila smiled and thanked the guards at the exit as it slid open, revealing another long, lavishly decorated hallway which lead to the outward bound portal system. She looked mildly apologetic as Ajax stormed through, made a show of ensuring Lin passed through as well, and then thanked them again as the door started to close.

The facade evaporated when the door clicked shut, disappearing alongside the quiet susurrus of polite chatter from the lounge. Mila paused, a thoughtful look on her face as she turned Octavian's Pokeball over in her hand; the Braixen looked back at her, its expression unreadable. Or maybe it was emoting; Mila couldn't quite tell.

Ajax, on the other hand, was being quite obvious with his feelings. Mila stifled a sigh, before picking up her pace to catch up and commenting dryly,

"I take it you're displeased."
@ayle @carnifex

"What are you trying to get at, here?"

Ajax ignored Mila's question and her tone, stopping in the hallway and turning on her, "First it was that Sinclair guy, and now this--" He jabs a finger at the pokeball in her hand," deadweight."

"Do you think this is some kinda game, where we just pick up sidekicks as we go on our merry way?"
@ayle @carnifex

"What are you trying to get at, here?"

Ajax ignored Mila's question and her tone, stopping in the hallway and turning on her, "First it was that Sinclair guy, and now this--" He jabs a finger at the pokeball in her hand," deadweight."

"Do you think this is some kinda game, where we just pick up sidekicks as we go on our merry way?"
pdPOUgg.png
@skiatha @carnifex

Mila hummed, unfazed. "It never hurts to collect potential assets." She spun Octavian's Pokeball around, before tucking it away into a pocket. "I did actually think it would be waste for this Pokemon to be disposed of. It might have promise, and I'd like to look at its behaviour a little more closely. Therr's no need for you to be too concerned about it, Ajax."
@skiatha @carnifex

Mila hummed, unfazed. "It never hurts to collect potential assets." She spun Octavian's Pokeball around, before tucking it away into a pocket. "I did actually think it would be waste for this Pokemon to be disposed of. It might have promise, and I'd like to look at its behaviour a little more closely. Therr's no need for you to be too concerned about it, Ajax."
@ayle @carnifex

"Potential assets? What, seedy strangers and half-feral pokemon?"

He couldn't believe the nerve of this woman. But then, that was Mila. He stared at her for a moment, then turned back and continued down the hall,

"We're trying to stop a super-pokemon that could wipe out half the major cities in the US, and meanwhile here you are, trying to...rehabilitate a Braixen."

He let out a sharp laugh, at the absurdity of it all.

When they reach the portal, only marked with a glowing EXIT sign above, Ajax paused before entering through.

"Fine, keep it. But if it gets in our way or slows us down, I'm disposing of it."

Then, he walks into the portal. The space around him momentarily shifts, then deposits him in what looked like a hotel lobby. Ajax blinks, getting his bearings. A single attendant at the front desk stood up at his entrance, giving him a nod,

"Enjoy the rest of your afternoon, sir."
@ayle @carnifex

"Potential assets? What, seedy strangers and half-feral pokemon?"

He couldn't believe the nerve of this woman. But then, that was Mila. He stared at her for a moment, then turned back and continued down the hall,

"We're trying to stop a super-pokemon that could wipe out half the major cities in the US, and meanwhile here you are, trying to...rehabilitate a Braixen."

He let out a sharp laugh, at the absurdity of it all.

When they reach the portal, only marked with a glowing EXIT sign above, Ajax paused before entering through.

"Fine, keep it. But if it gets in our way or slows us down, I'm disposing of it."

Then, he walks into the portal. The space around him momentarily shifts, then deposits him in what looked like a hotel lobby. Ajax blinks, getting his bearings. A single attendant at the front desk stood up at his entrance, giving him a nod,

"Enjoy the rest of your afternoon, sir."
pdPOUgg.png
@skiatha @carnifex

Mila smiled pleasantly, and a little bit dangerously. "Well, thank you for offering. I'll leave that to you."

Honestly, I'd rather not be personally involved in this 'saving the world' business. It'd be better to play a support role if I want to maximise profit.

Mila waited for the portal to stabilise after Ajax passed through, before she took hold of Lin and walked through as well. She caught the tail end of the receptionist's greeting, before looking around to get her bearings.

There was a pause, and then, "This isn't our hotel," Mila noted, a tinge of irritation in her voice. She shook her head, before starting towards the counter.

"I'll see if they can help us arrange transport."
@skiatha @carnifex

Mila smiled pleasantly, and a little bit dangerously. "Well, thank you for offering. I'll leave that to you."

Honestly, I'd rather not be personally involved in this 'saving the world' business. It'd be better to play a support role if I want to maximise profit.

Mila waited for the portal to stabilise after Ajax passed through, before she took hold of Lin and walked through as well. She caught the tail end of the receptionist's greeting, before looking around to get her bearings.

There was a pause, and then, "This isn't our hotel," Mila noted, a tinge of irritation in her voice. She shook her head, before starting towards the counter.

"I'll see if they can help us arrange transport."
@Ayle @carnifex

Well, thank you for pointing out the obvious, Ajax almost rolled his eyes. This hotel must be where the lounge's guests stayed, though he couldn't tell which one they were in from the interior. It definitely had a more modern look than the Palace, all polished wood flooring and white granite tops.

The man at the reception desk straightened at Mila's approach, "Would you like me to call a cab, ma'am?"
@Ayle @carnifex

Well, thank you for pointing out the obvious, Ajax almost rolled his eyes. This hotel must be where the lounge's guests stayed, though he couldn't tell which one they were in from the interior. It definitely had a more modern look than the Palace, all polished wood flooring and white granite tops.

The man at the reception desk straightened at Mila's approach, "Would you like me to call a cab, ma'am?"
pdPOUgg.png
@skiatha @carnifex

"Yes, please. To Caesar's Palace, as soon as possible."

Mila leaned on the counter, arms crossed, as she spoke, easy smile back on her face. Lin stuck close, but glanced back towards Ajax, as if watching him.

"Of course. We'll get that arranged for you, ma'am, sir." The receptionist nodded, and Mila looked back around to Ajax.

"Unless you would prefer to do something else?"
@skiatha @carnifex

"Yes, please. To Caesar's Palace, as soon as possible."

Mila leaned on the counter, arms crossed, as she spoke, easy smile back on her face. Lin stuck close, but glanced back towards Ajax, as if watching him.

"Of course. We'll get that arranged for you, ma'am, sir." The receptionist nodded, and Mila looked back around to Ajax.

"Unless you would prefer to do something else?"
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 38 39