Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | (Private) A Visit to the Labyrinth
[center][quote][b]Prologue[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12153951] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121540/12153951_350.png[/img] [/url] It was a warm, breezy day in the Gladeveins. The Willow's wispy tendrils floated in the air as if they were underwater, or perhaps in a dream. Sonata watched what used to be her Clan from her usual perch, up in the trees. She was silent, and her heart was filled with loneliness, but she had heard the news. A beam of hope blossomed in her chest. Perhaps life would go on as it should. ------- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11636560] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/116366/11636560_350.png[/img] [/url] Ashlesha turned to face the two Imperials, smiling slightly. "Welcome, Sirus and Surasa, to the Viridian Labyrinth," he said, whisking his tail around him. It brushed along the dense foliage of the undergrowth, churning the air with the scent of moss and pollen, of living things. He beckoned the Imperials to follow him. They were approaching the Clan territory, and he wasn't sure if they had visited recently, since all the political changes. But the City had been updated with the news, of Aria's birth and of her future as the Clan leader. The scandal itself had not been publicly broadcasted, but it was possible that the Clan visitors were well aware. It was a rocky time for visitors, but this was a special occasion. And besides, Surasa was a close friend of several Clanmates - she and her mate were not just random strangers invited into their home. Snorting loudly to clear his mind, he continued onwards. -------- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12738255] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/127383/12738255_350.png[/img] [/url] "Gather beneath the Willow, Clanmates!" a voice called out, clear and loud. It belonged to the slim body of a WildClaw, Marcus. As the Clan ambassador, he had taken up the duty of making the announcement, but the words were awkward in his mouth. He realized he had forgotten half of the Clan call. This was not something he had done before. His tail swished behind him, slightly embarrassed, but he tried to hide that. "As you may have heard, we are expecting visitors in the Clan. Two Imperials, Sirus and Surasa, from our allied City in the Plaguelands. They will be nesting here, and while they are with us, you are to treat them with as much respect as you would a regular Clan member." He winced at the words. Perhaps that wasn't the best statement after the so recent fracture in their Clan. But it was too late to rephrase. Instead of drawing attention to his choice of words, he continued. "Many of you might have may remember Surasa from before, as she is the City's tea master, and as such, trades with our Clan quite frequently. Show our guests the wonder of Nature while they are here, but please be mindful - they are here for their hatchlings, not to sight-see! If you have any questions, please speak with anyone on the Councils. "May you go with clarity!" he finished to the warm cheer of his Clanmates. [i]Phew,[/i] he thought to himself as he turned to face the rest of the Council Majora, gathered behind him. [i]How did Sonata always do it? I couldn't get used to that if they paid me in lamb chops![/i] [/quote][/center] @Crobbin I hope this is a good start! :)
Quote:
Prologue

12153951_350.png

It was a warm, breezy day in the Gladeveins. The Willow's wispy tendrils floated in the air as if they were underwater, or perhaps in a dream. Sonata watched what used to be her Clan from her usual perch, up in the trees. She was silent, and her heart was filled with loneliness, but she had heard the news. A beam of hope blossomed in her chest.

Perhaps life would go on as it should.

11636560_350.png

Ashlesha turned to face the two Imperials, smiling slightly. "Welcome, Sirus and Surasa, to the Viridian Labyrinth," he said, whisking his tail around him. It brushed along the dense foliage of the undergrowth, churning the air with the scent of moss and pollen, of living things.

He beckoned the Imperials to follow him. They were approaching the Clan territory, and he wasn't sure if they had visited recently, since all the political changes. But the City had been updated with the news, of Aria's birth and of her future as the Clan leader. The scandal itself had not been publicly broadcasted, but it was possible that the Clan visitors were well aware. It was a rocky time for visitors, but this was a special occasion.

And besides, Surasa was a close friend of several Clanmates - she and her mate were not just random strangers invited into their home. Snorting loudly to clear his mind, he continued onwards.

12738255_350.png

"Gather beneath the Willow, Clanmates!" a voice called out, clear and loud. It belonged to the slim body of a WildClaw, Marcus. As the Clan ambassador, he had taken up the duty of making the announcement, but the words were awkward in his mouth. He realized he had forgotten half of the Clan call. This was not something he had done before.

His tail swished behind him, slightly embarrassed, but he tried to hide that.

"As you may have heard, we are expecting visitors in the Clan. Two Imperials, Sirus and Surasa, from our allied City in the Plaguelands. They will be nesting here, and while they are with us, you are to treat them with as much respect as you would a regular Clan member."

He winced at the words. Perhaps that wasn't the best statement after the so recent fracture in their Clan. But it was too late to rephrase. Instead of drawing attention to his choice of words, he continued.

"Many of you might have may remember Surasa from before, as she is the City's tea master, and as such, trades with our Clan quite frequently. Show our guests the wonder of Nature while they are here, but please be mindful - they are here for their hatchlings, not to sight-see! If you have any questions, please speak with anyone on the Councils.

"May you go with clarity!" he finished to the warm cheer of his Clanmates.

Phew, he thought to himself as he turned to face the rest of the Council Majora, gathered behind him. How did Sonata always do it? I couldn't get used to that if they paid me in lamb chops!

@Crobbin I hope this is a good start! :)
1u3H6jas.png
[quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17213600] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/172137/17213600_350.png[/img][/center] [/url] Sirus listened to Marcus's speech. He found it amusing how flustered the ambassador had gotten. He also took mild offense that Surasa was mentioned as a trade partner but not him. Surasa wouldn't have ever left the City if it wasn't for him. A weeks vacation from the City was a god sent for Sirus. His ship needed repairs again but the parts they needed were out of stock. It was times like now that he cursed becoming the engineer of the Polaris. Rum went to bargain with the Lightening Blackmarket for the part but that could take months. In the mean time the crew, including Sirus, could do as they wish. Sirus just happens to want to treat his lady to a nice relaxing getaway. Little did Sirus know that Surasa had other plans for their vacation. --- Sursas steered Sirus towards her small tea shop located to the left of the main entrance. They had important matters to discuss and the tea house was the best place to talk. The biggest problem was the fact that their week long vacation had turned into two. Sirus believed it was completely Surasa's fault for this extension. He thought that if they had just done what he wanted and relaxed then they would be back in the City by now. In reality, it wasn't Surasa's choice of activity that delayed the couple, but instead the result of the activity. Upon entering the back room, Surasa turned to Sirus. He interrupted her before she could get a word out: "Surasa, I get that the kid is shy but he needs to get out. I know you don't feel comfortable leaving the Willow without him being sent off. I feel the same way. But we need to push him. He won't leave on his own."[/quote] @clarax (OOC: hope that is a good enough start/you get the theme)
Quote:

Sirus listened to Marcus's speech. He found it amusing how flustered the ambassador had gotten. He also took mild offense that Surasa was mentioned as a trade partner but not him. Surasa wouldn't have ever left the City if it wasn't for him.

A weeks vacation from the City was a god sent for Sirus. His ship needed repairs again but the parts they needed were out of stock. It was times like now that he cursed becoming the engineer of the Polaris. Rum went to bargain with the Lightening Blackmarket for the part but that could take months. In the mean time the crew, including Sirus, could do as they wish. Sirus just happens to want to treat his lady to a nice relaxing getaway. Little did Sirus know that Surasa had other plans for their vacation.

---

Sursas steered Sirus towards her small tea shop located to the left of the main entrance. They had important matters to discuss and the tea house was the best place to talk. The biggest problem was the fact that their week long vacation had turned into two. Sirus believed it was completely Surasa's fault for this extension. He thought that if they had just done what he wanted and relaxed then they would be back in the City by now. In reality, it wasn't Surasa's choice of activity that delayed the couple, but instead the result of the activity.

Upon entering the back room, Surasa turned to Sirus. He interrupted her before she could get a word out:

"Surasa, I get that the kid is shy but he needs to get out. I know you don't feel comfortable leaving the Willow without him being sent off. I feel the same way. But we need to push him. He won't leave on his own."

@clarax
(OOC: hope that is a good enough start/you get the theme)
OrOeLpE.png They/Them
a small storefront
Click the spiral to the left for current avatar
looking for 10/08 gen ones
[center][quote][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17461045] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/174611/17461045_350.png[/img] [/url] Surasa had greatly enjoyed her time visiting the Nature Clan. This felt like a second home to her, somewhere she knew she was always welcome. It had been a nice vacation - she was able to check on her tea shop, and Sirus was able to relax, taking a break while his ship went under repair. She and her mate had been able to pay their respects to the Gladekeeper, as well, and they were rewarded with two beautiful Nature eggs. One had found a new home for himself already, and seemed to be settling in nicely. The other... As Sirus faced her in the back room of their shop, Surasa now thought to her remaining child. "Alfalfa needs some time," Surasa said calmly, taking a moment to compose herself. She knew that Sirus was agitated, eager to return to his shipmates, but what he said was true. She would not leave the Willow and abandon their son - even if he was among friends and allies here in the Clarus Clan. "There is a lot to adjust to, now that he is out of the nesting grounds. And I heard from Flora that he wants to learn how to garden. That's a life skill he can take with him to his next Clan - we can't turn him down." The Imperial took a sip of her quickly-cooling tea. She breathed a little hot air onto it to warm it again. [i]I never thought I'd become one of those doting mothers, but we're all full of surprises, I suppose,[/i] she thought to herself. But she didn't want to admit that to her mate! [/quote][/center] @crobbin ! :)
Quote:

17461045_350.png

Surasa had greatly enjoyed her time visiting the Nature Clan. This felt like a second home to her, somewhere she knew she was always welcome. It had been a nice vacation - she was able to check on her tea shop, and Sirus was able to relax, taking a break while his ship went under repair. She and her mate had been able to pay their respects to the Gladekeeper, as well, and they were rewarded with two beautiful Nature eggs. One had found a new home for himself already, and seemed to be settling in nicely. The other...

As Sirus faced her in the back room of their shop, Surasa now thought to her remaining child.

"Alfalfa needs some time," Surasa said calmly, taking a moment to compose herself. She knew that Sirus was agitated, eager to return to his shipmates, but what he said was true. She would not leave the Willow and abandon their son - even if he was among friends and allies here in the Clarus Clan. "There is a lot to adjust to, now that he is out of the nesting grounds. And I heard from Flora that he wants to learn how to garden. That's a life skill he can take with him to his next Clan - we can't turn him down."

The Imperial took a sip of her quickly-cooling tea. She breathed a little hot air onto it to warm it again. I never thought I'd become one of those doting mothers, but we're all full of surprises, I suppose, she thought to herself. But she didn't want to admit that to her mate!

@crobbin ! :)
1u3H6jas.png
[quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17213600] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/172137/17213600_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Sirus stared at Surasa in frustration. "The boy isn't going to find a new clan to go to if we keep coddling him. And gardening isn't going to get him far in life. How is he going to make a living when all he can do is grow plants?! Alfalfa doesn't even show a natural ability for either of our trades!" Sirus slammed his hand down on the table. Surasa, predicting his outburst, calmly picked up her drink so it didn't spill. Sirus wasn't normally this temperamental. He is known far and wide as being the calmest member of the Polaris. He hated the way he was acting towards Surasa but he was deeply concerned about the child. Alfafla was very happy when he was tending the gardens that dot the Nature clan. Sirus feared that Alfalfa would not be able to protect himself if the need arises if he continued to be a gardener. He had seen the clans what had been pillaged. The gardeners were always unlucky. Sirus had lost too many friends and family to allow Alfalfa to go the same way.[/quote] @clarax c:
Quote:

Sirus stared at Surasa in frustration. "The boy isn't going to find a new clan to go to if we keep coddling him. And gardening isn't going to get him far in life. How is he going to make a living when all he can do is grow plants?! Alfalfa doesn't even show a natural ability for either of our trades!"

Sirus slammed his hand down on the table. Surasa, predicting his outburst, calmly picked up her drink so it didn't spill. Sirus wasn't normally this temperamental. He is known far and wide as being the calmest member of the Polaris.

He hated the way he was acting towards Surasa but he was deeply concerned about the child. Alfafla was very happy when he was tending the gardens that dot the Nature clan. Sirus feared that Alfalfa would not be able to protect himself if the need arises if he continued to be a gardener. He had seen the clans what had been pillaged. The gardeners were always unlucky. Sirus had lost too many friends and family to allow Alfalfa to go the same way.

@clarax c:
OrOeLpE.png They/Them
a small storefront
Quote:
Surasa's tail swished behind her, narrowly avoiding a stack of boxes containing loose leaf tea. She knew where she had placed those boxes earlier, and her tail skimmed the edge of the cardboard with a low whoosh. "Oh, shush. He doesn't need to take after us completely!" She paused. "Gardeners and growers are necessary anywhere and everywhere. You can't expect to feed a Clan without growing some food, now can you?"

Besides, she thought to herself, Nature magic is a strange and powerful thing. She knew Sirus was concerned, and she understood his reasoning. But he had not seen the Nature magic work in the ways she had seen: The Clarus Clan's previous gardener, Misthaven, could control tree roots and limbs in strangling ways; Ashlesha himself had shaped the Willow tree to work as a lair; the new gardener, Flora, was particularly adept at creating sinister traps from innocent-looking flowers. As their son, Alfalfa would be grow to be a large, imposing dragon - but he also had Nature magic flowing through his veins, something neither of his parents possessed. The elemental magic would give him a foothold anywhere in Sorneith.

She leaned forward, her eyes lighting up. "Have you even tried to reach out to him, to teach him about your trade? Perhaps if we teach him a little bit of both our trades, he will find something to proceed with. There is always a way."

@Crobbin sorry if it's a little short! c:
Quote:
Surasa's tail swished behind her, narrowly avoiding a stack of boxes containing loose leaf tea. She knew where she had placed those boxes earlier, and her tail skimmed the edge of the cardboard with a low whoosh. "Oh, shush. He doesn't need to take after us completely!" She paused. "Gardeners and growers are necessary anywhere and everywhere. You can't expect to feed a Clan without growing some food, now can you?"

Besides, she thought to herself, Nature magic is a strange and powerful thing. She knew Sirus was concerned, and she understood his reasoning. But he had not seen the Nature magic work in the ways she had seen: The Clarus Clan's previous gardener, Misthaven, could control tree roots and limbs in strangling ways; Ashlesha himself had shaped the Willow tree to work as a lair; the new gardener, Flora, was particularly adept at creating sinister traps from innocent-looking flowers. As their son, Alfalfa would be grow to be a large, imposing dragon - but he also had Nature magic flowing through his veins, something neither of his parents possessed. The elemental magic would give him a foothold anywhere in Sorneith.

She leaned forward, her eyes lighting up. "Have you even tried to reach out to him, to teach him about your trade? Perhaps if we teach him a little bit of both our trades, he will find something to proceed with. There is always a way."

@Crobbin sorry if it's a little short! c:
1u3H6jas.png
[quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17213600] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/172137/17213600_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Sirus sighed in defeat. Surasa had a point. If he could teach Alfalfa how to make an airship work then he would have a crew to protect him from danger. Plus he didn't want to continue arguing with Surasa. She always won and he always looked like a fool in the end. "Fine. Why doesn't he start by learning your trade. They don't have any air ships in this clan anyways so I am going to have to pull a few favors to get one. I just hope you are right about this. I don't want to get a letter from you saying the worst has occurred." Sirus turned and left the tea shop. He needed to find a way to blow off some steam without hurting anyone. He hadn't been this angry in a while. Sirus wondered what Surasa and the members of Clarus thought of his outburst. [/quote] @clarax (mine is a little short too, I hope it is enough to go off of!)
Quote:

Sirus sighed in defeat. Surasa had a point. If he could teach Alfalfa how to make an airship work then he would have a crew to protect him from danger. Plus he didn't want to continue arguing with Surasa. She always won and he always looked like a fool in the end.

"Fine. Why doesn't he start by learning your trade. They don't have any air ships in this clan anyways so I am going to have to pull a few favors to get one. I just hope you are right about this. I don't want to get a letter from you saying the worst has occurred."

Sirus turned and left the tea shop. He needed to find a way to blow off some steam without hurting anyone. He hadn't been this angry in a while. Sirus wondered what Surasa and the members of Clarus thought of his outburst.

@clarax (mine is a little short too, I hope it is enough to go off of!)
OrOeLpE.png They/Them
a small storefront
@Crobbin
Quote:
Surasa watched her mate. Her Lightning eyes glowed with affection for him; it was a rought time for him as a parent, she knew. But with patience and teamwork, they would work through this. She trusted in Sirus, knowing that they only wanted the best for their offspring. Alfafa would one day see that as well, she hoped.

"I will speak with him tonight," she promised. "We can begin with the basics of tea! And for your trade, why don't we take Alfafa on a trip to see the airship docks? As he travels the land, he may find himself a home."

She didn't expect a response, especially since Sirus was still in a mood. She watched as he left her tea shop, her whiskers twitching all the while. Shaking her head slightly, she leaned forward and began cleaning up the tea cups left behind. The grand Imperial let her mind wander, briefly wondering if the Clarus Clan was okay with their prolonged stay in the lair. The Councils had shown no signs of impatience at their visit, and Clan life was moving along smoothly - she decided that there was no rush from the Clan's perspective.

From her mate's, however... She sighed.

They would simply need to consult with their son and show him what needed to be done.
@Crobbin
Quote:
Surasa watched her mate. Her Lightning eyes glowed with affection for him; it was a rought time for him as a parent, she knew. But with patience and teamwork, they would work through this. She trusted in Sirus, knowing that they only wanted the best for their offspring. Alfafa would one day see that as well, she hoped.

"I will speak with him tonight," she promised. "We can begin with the basics of tea! And for your trade, why don't we take Alfafa on a trip to see the airship docks? As he travels the land, he may find himself a home."

She didn't expect a response, especially since Sirus was still in a mood. She watched as he left her tea shop, her whiskers twitching all the while. Shaking her head slightly, she leaned forward and began cleaning up the tea cups left behind. The grand Imperial let her mind wander, briefly wondering if the Clarus Clan was okay with their prolonged stay in the lair. The Councils had shown no signs of impatience at their visit, and Clan life was moving along smoothly - she decided that there was no rush from the Clan's perspective.

From her mate's, however... She sighed.

They would simply need to consult with their son and show him what needed to be done.
1u3H6jas.png