Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Travelling Flight - Part 1! (a bit WIP)
{To find out what this (mini?)-game is, the rules, the participants and how to join in, visit the OOC link! The first rule at the moment is that you can only join this RP if you are from a Wind or a Plague flight or have a wandering dragon. This will change as my dragons pass through other flights' territories. Have fun, guys!}

Travelling Notes of Anthraci of Two Hunters' Retreat.

{Under the title is some space left for some mysterious reason, but you can just make out the rubbed out attempts at drawing a silhouette of a Mirror and a Fae dragon.}

My flight will carry the stories of the realm, and tell of its history - the Windsinger

Anthraci looked proudly at her work, and, after a second's thought, scribbled the Windsinger's sign under it - just to make sure that whoever read this would know that the writer had been from the Wind flight. She already had grand dreams of someone finding these notes of her definitely exciting adventure thousands of years later, and reading it with as much enthusiasm and fascination as she read Eleutheria's stories. She thought some more, and turned to the first page of her stack of paper, ready to begin her notes. So far, though, nothing eventful has happened, but that wasn't going to stop her.

On this day, five days before the Starfall Celebration, I left my clan to travel to the Starfall Isles, to see the magic of the festival for myself. I travel not alone, but with my clanmates - Melaina, the Runic of my clan. Eunys, the Juggernaut of my clan. Seeker, the Mentor of my clan (although really, he just worries about everyone).
We have set out from the Windswept Plateau, our home for the longest time, to see the other Flights, to learn and to befriend those that do not serve under Winddad. And

"Anthraci, are we going or not?" intoned a voice that was calm, but clearly slowly losing its patience. "It is far past noon. I did not know that travelling at night was our intention".

The speaker was a black-and-grey Tundra, with an air of calm confidence around her. She came closer to nudge the Spiral into finally departing properly. "Come on. You will write down something when something happens."

"What, you afraid of going around in the dark, Mel?" another voice, joyfully mocking this time, belonged to a light-coloured Ridgeback. Her eyes glowed red, though - a Plague-born raised in a Wind clan who still felt her instinctual call to be strong in any circumstances. "If anything jumps out on us, I can just smash it, and Anthraci can write it down like the nerd she is. Put in that I was awesome, though!" she called out to the Spiral. "And also put in that I just want to get started, I'm not sitting around all day. Or night," she added, the irony and impatience back in her voice.

"Come now, Eunys. Don't start to argue." The speaker this time is a sleek Skydancer with a gentle voice and eyes. "But everyone is right, Anthraci. We should go before it's too late, and while I'm sure we will be safe, it would be nice to travel while there's still some light. We've got quite a lot of ground to cover." The Skydancer smiled. "Although I would be very glad to help you with your notes, when we've got time. There are some sights I would like to see, too..."

"Fiiine, fine!" the Spiral called Anthraci packed her stack of notes back into her bag. "But I didn't write where we were going yet! I mean, there are a few routes we could take to the Isles, and I would love to see Pumpkin again, so I thought--"

"I am NOT going into the Water territory," Eunys snarled suddenly. Everyone else just rolled their eyes, variations of a sarcastic "Ridgebacks..." echoing in their minds. "Well, I'm not going there as our first stop, anyway," huffed the Ridgeback after noticing everyone's reaction. "And you promised me we'd see the Wyrmwound! So write down that our first destination is the Scarred Wasteland." She crossed her arms defiantly. "Anywhere else first, and I'm not going."

"We-ell, I did meet someone from the Wasteland at the festival..." Anthraci said thoughtfully, before perking up in her usual manner. "Right, decided then! Let's go, everyone! Destination - Scarred Wasteland!"

And, as the group set out, Anthraci fished out of her bag her biggest treasure - a map of Sornieth she'd copied from one of Eleutheria's books, and carefully marked down the beginning of their journey with an X. She also drew a tentative arrow towards the Wandering Contagion, their first destination, before carefully folding down the map and putting it into one of her bag's pockets and following the rest of her group.

And so, four dragons begin their journey from the Reedcleft Ascent towards the Wandering Contagion. Who will they meet on their way, and what will they have to face? Only time will tell, and there's not much of it before the night falls.
{To find out what this (mini?)-game is, the rules, the participants and how to join in, visit the OOC link! The first rule at the moment is that you can only join this RP if you are from a Wind or a Plague flight or have a wandering dragon. This will change as my dragons pass through other flights' territories. Have fun, guys!}

Travelling Notes of Anthraci of Two Hunters' Retreat.

{Under the title is some space left for some mysterious reason, but you can just make out the rubbed out attempts at drawing a silhouette of a Mirror and a Fae dragon.}

My flight will carry the stories of the realm, and tell of its history - the Windsinger

Anthraci looked proudly at her work, and, after a second's thought, scribbled the Windsinger's sign under it - just to make sure that whoever read this would know that the writer had been from the Wind flight. She already had grand dreams of someone finding these notes of her definitely exciting adventure thousands of years later, and reading it with as much enthusiasm and fascination as she read Eleutheria's stories. She thought some more, and turned to the first page of her stack of paper, ready to begin her notes. So far, though, nothing eventful has happened, but that wasn't going to stop her.

On this day, five days before the Starfall Celebration, I left my clan to travel to the Starfall Isles, to see the magic of the festival for myself. I travel not alone, but with my clanmates - Melaina, the Runic of my clan. Eunys, the Juggernaut of my clan. Seeker, the Mentor of my clan (although really, he just worries about everyone).
We have set out from the Windswept Plateau, our home for the longest time, to see the other Flights, to learn and to befriend those that do not serve under Winddad. And

"Anthraci, are we going or not?" intoned a voice that was calm, but clearly slowly losing its patience. "It is far past noon. I did not know that travelling at night was our intention".

The speaker was a black-and-grey Tundra, with an air of calm confidence around her. She came closer to nudge the Spiral into finally departing properly. "Come on. You will write down something when something happens."

"What, you afraid of going around in the dark, Mel?" another voice, joyfully mocking this time, belonged to a light-coloured Ridgeback. Her eyes glowed red, though - a Plague-born raised in a Wind clan who still felt her instinctual call to be strong in any circumstances. "If anything jumps out on us, I can just smash it, and Anthraci can write it down like the nerd she is. Put in that I was awesome, though!" she called out to the Spiral. "And also put in that I just want to get started, I'm not sitting around all day. Or night," she added, the irony and impatience back in her voice.

"Come now, Eunys. Don't start to argue." The speaker this time is a sleek Skydancer with a gentle voice and eyes. "But everyone is right, Anthraci. We should go before it's too late, and while I'm sure we will be safe, it would be nice to travel while there's still some light. We've got quite a lot of ground to cover." The Skydancer smiled. "Although I would be very glad to help you with your notes, when we've got time. There are some sights I would like to see, too..."

"Fiiine, fine!" the Spiral called Anthraci packed her stack of notes back into her bag. "But I didn't write where we were going yet! I mean, there are a few routes we could take to the Isles, and I would love to see Pumpkin again, so I thought--"

"I am NOT going into the Water territory," Eunys snarled suddenly. Everyone else just rolled their eyes, variations of a sarcastic "Ridgebacks..." echoing in their minds. "Well, I'm not going there as our first stop, anyway," huffed the Ridgeback after noticing everyone's reaction. "And you promised me we'd see the Wyrmwound! So write down that our first destination is the Scarred Wasteland." She crossed her arms defiantly. "Anywhere else first, and I'm not going."

"We-ell, I did meet someone from the Wasteland at the festival..." Anthraci said thoughtfully, before perking up in her usual manner. "Right, decided then! Let's go, everyone! Destination - Scarred Wasteland!"

And, as the group set out, Anthraci fished out of her bag her biggest treasure - a map of Sornieth she'd copied from one of Eleutheria's books, and carefully marked down the beginning of their journey with an X. She also drew a tentative arrow towards the Wandering Contagion, their first destination, before carefully folding down the map and putting it into one of her bag's pockets and following the rest of her group.

And so, four dragons begin their journey from the Reedcleft Ascent towards the Wandering Contagion. Who will they meet on their way, and what will they have to face? Only time will tell, and there's not much of it before the night falls.
HUPya8X.pngfj9buO7.pnghIj7jwJ.png
9hSEhEA.pngGICME1y.png7fAUMwP.png
1D2yhnu.pngK507Hal.pngudcB2pK.png