Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [RP w/ the squad] Alexandrian Library
1 2
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/124429/12442870_350.png[/img] A very bright and bejeweled Coatl sat behind a large stone desk in the elegant entryway to the well-lit Alexandrian Library, flicking his tongue in and out of his mouth absentmindedly. His glittering adornments jangled as his foot stomped repetitively against the granite. It seemed that Gourmand was bored out of his mind. With a sign, Gourmand's head slumped down on the desk in front of him. "I thought opening day would at least bring in [i]some [/i]travelers," Gourmand mused. "Great Lightweaver, Regalia didn't tell me that being appointed Head Scribe would be so boooooring!" He briefly considered taking a nap. This desk wasn't terribly comfortable, but he supposed it would make do. The clan meeting this morning [i]did[/i] cut into his sleep schedule, after all. As long as no one was looking... Before Gourmand could close his eyes, a shadow loomed over his desk. How had me ot heard the clack of claws against the stone floor?! Well, it didn't matter now. Some dragon was looking at him expectantly, waiting to be greeted. Muffling a particularly undistinguished noise of surprise, Gourmand straightened and put on his most welcoming grin. "Ah, hello there! Welcome to the newly refurbished Alexandrian Library, one of Matriarch Regalia's projects. Are you here on behalf of one of our allies? Or, perhaps you want to take a look at our collection? We accept donations as well, if that's why you're here..." He paused, waiting for the dragon in front of him to state their business. Open to @theamy @safehavenblue @maryrose @artestani and @possiblytroodon if any of you wanna reply to this! Don't be shy! [b]Edit - message me if you wanna start a different RP thread please! [/b]
12442870_350.png

A very bright and bejeweled Coatl sat behind a large stone desk in the elegant entryway to the well-lit Alexandrian Library, flicking his tongue in and out of his mouth absentmindedly. His glittering adornments jangled as his foot stomped repetitively against the granite. It seemed that Gourmand was bored out of his mind. With a sign, Gourmand's head slumped down on the desk in front of him.

"I thought opening day would at least bring in some travelers," Gourmand mused. "Great Lightweaver, Regalia didn't tell me that being appointed Head Scribe would be so boooooring!" He briefly considered taking a nap. This desk wasn't terribly comfortable, but he supposed it would make do. The clan meeting this morning did cut into his sleep schedule, after all. As long as no one was looking...

Before Gourmand could close his eyes, a shadow loomed over his desk. How had me ot heard the clack of claws against the stone floor?! Well, it didn't matter now. Some dragon was looking at him expectantly, waiting to be greeted. Muffling a particularly undistinguished noise of surprise, Gourmand straightened and put on his most welcoming grin.

"Ah, hello there! Welcome to the newly refurbished Alexandrian Library, one of Matriarch Regalia's projects. Are you here on behalf of one of our allies? Or, perhaps you want to take a look at our collection? We accept donations as well, if that's why you're here..." He paused, waiting for the dragon in front of him to state their business.

Open to @theamy @safehavenblue @maryrose @artestani and @possiblytroodon if any of you wanna reply to this! Don't be shy! Edit - message me if you wanna start a different RP thread please!
tumblr_np6ecfivzw1s2sk55o1_r1_500.jpg
Regina Caydranth had set off from Serena Mare on her daily round of the water tribe's home base of The Sea of a Thousand Currents. While out, Caydranth thought it would be a good idea to travel to other kingdoms in search of possible allies or treasures for her clan. Regina Caydranth decided to first stop in the Light domain of the Sunbeam Ruins. Because there were four subdivisions, just like her own home had, she would stop first at the Sundial Terrace. She had heard of a very impressive library there and hoped to find any interesting or useful information about other clans and possibly even her own.

Caydranth had stopped infront of what seemed to be the entrance to the grand library of the Light kingdom. There seemed to be a snoozing dragon resting on a podium infant of the entrance gates. When she finally landed on the granite ground below her, she saw the slumbering dragon awake almost as if he had planned a routine of some sorts. She admired his cheerful disposition and smiled back at the enthusiastic Coatl dragon.

"Good day to you kind sir. I had heard rumors about this place and I chose right in believing them. It is quite a grand looking building from the outside. Do you mind telling me more about this library?" she asked the other.
Regina Caydranth had set off from Serena Mare on her daily round of the water tribe's home base of The Sea of a Thousand Currents. While out, Caydranth thought it would be a good idea to travel to other kingdoms in search of possible allies or treasures for her clan. Regina Caydranth decided to first stop in the Light domain of the Sunbeam Ruins. Because there were four subdivisions, just like her own home had, she would stop first at the Sundial Terrace. She had heard of a very impressive library there and hoped to find any interesting or useful information about other clans and possibly even her own.

Caydranth had stopped infront of what seemed to be the entrance to the grand library of the Light kingdom. There seemed to be a snoozing dragon resting on a podium infant of the entrance gates. When she finally landed on the granite ground below her, she saw the slumbering dragon awake almost as if he had planned a routine of some sorts. She admired his cheerful disposition and smiled back at the enthusiastic Coatl dragon.

"Good day to you kind sir. I had heard rumors about this place and I chose right in believing them. It is quite a grand looking building from the outside. Do you mind telling me more about this library?" she asked the other.
Water-banner_zps6a0adf87.gif

rafflegif_zps1lbgfahm.gif

eZ5CPeG.gif

tumblr_nt9mvvWHx21stv40do1_250.png
@safehavenblue

Looking down at the Fae in front of his desk, Gourmand sized up what rank she might be. She was no ordinary dragon, judging the the large amount of jewels draped all over her. Boy, what he would do to have that many shiny things. Shiny, shiny rocks...

Ok, back to business here. Gourmand guessed that she must be someone of importance, as the very air around her was tinged with regality. Well, his networking skills were the one of the reasons the Matriarch assigned this role to him. Time to put those Coatl social skills to use.

"But of course, milady. Matriarch Regalia discovered this library while on her Search, the one all Guardians eventually undertake. She discovered that she was meant to protect this library, but when she arrived... well, there wasn't much of a library to protect!" Gourmand laughed, although nothing about his previous statement was particularly funny. Nevertheless, the Coatl continued on with his tale.

"Because we of the Light Flight are dedicated to the pursuit of truth and knowledge, it was our sacred duty to rebuild this noble place of learning back up to it's former glory!" Gourmand proudly puffed out his chest. Ok, maybe he was laying it on a bit thick here. Maybe his mate, Scymrian, was right about his tendency towards theatrics... Well, diplomacy was quite boring if the words exchanged lacked any fire behind them.

Earth to Gourmand, now is not the time for inner monologues.

"A-anyways," Gourmand stammered, getting himself back on track. "Clan Morningstar is currently endeavoring to restoring this library to its status as a beacon of knowledge throughout the Sunbeam Ruins. There is no sense in barring others from the information among these shelves, so we invite any of the curious to make use of this library. Being friendly also encourage other clans to donate much-needed books to our shelves..."

He trailed off, realizing with a sudden clarity that he had never bothered to introduce himself to the lovely Fae patiently listening to his blather on. Gourmand fastidiously adjusted his glasses out of embarrassment. "Excuse me, milady! I seemed to have forgotten my manners back in my nest this morning. I am Gourmand, the Head Scribe and Vizier to Matriarch Regalia, mother of our humble clan. May I ask your name, if milady would grace me with it?"

If Gourmand was being honest with himself, he thought there was nothing humble about either his clan or his rather fancy title. Well, hopefully too much pride didn't find itself into his voice.
@safehavenblue

Looking down at the Fae in front of his desk, Gourmand sized up what rank she might be. She was no ordinary dragon, judging the the large amount of jewels draped all over her. Boy, what he would do to have that many shiny things. Shiny, shiny rocks...

Ok, back to business here. Gourmand guessed that she must be someone of importance, as the very air around her was tinged with regality. Well, his networking skills were the one of the reasons the Matriarch assigned this role to him. Time to put those Coatl social skills to use.

"But of course, milady. Matriarch Regalia discovered this library while on her Search, the one all Guardians eventually undertake. She discovered that she was meant to protect this library, but when she arrived... well, there wasn't much of a library to protect!" Gourmand laughed, although nothing about his previous statement was particularly funny. Nevertheless, the Coatl continued on with his tale.

"Because we of the Light Flight are dedicated to the pursuit of truth and knowledge, it was our sacred duty to rebuild this noble place of learning back up to it's former glory!" Gourmand proudly puffed out his chest. Ok, maybe he was laying it on a bit thick here. Maybe his mate, Scymrian, was right about his tendency towards theatrics... Well, diplomacy was quite boring if the words exchanged lacked any fire behind them.

Earth to Gourmand, now is not the time for inner monologues.

"A-anyways," Gourmand stammered, getting himself back on track. "Clan Morningstar is currently endeavoring to restoring this library to its status as a beacon of knowledge throughout the Sunbeam Ruins. There is no sense in barring others from the information among these shelves, so we invite any of the curious to make use of this library. Being friendly also encourage other clans to donate much-needed books to our shelves..."

He trailed off, realizing with a sudden clarity that he had never bothered to introduce himself to the lovely Fae patiently listening to his blather on. Gourmand fastidiously adjusted his glasses out of embarrassment. "Excuse me, milady! I seemed to have forgotten my manners back in my nest this morning. I am Gourmand, the Head Scribe and Vizier to Matriarch Regalia, mother of our humble clan. May I ask your name, if milady would grace me with it?"

If Gourmand was being honest with himself, he thought there was nothing humble about either his clan or his rather fancy title. Well, hopefully too much pride didn't find itself into his voice.
Caydranth chuckled slightly at the Coatl's enthusiasm. She loved and respected other dragons who took pride in their clans. "I see you truly care about this place as well as your clan," she said to him. "My name is Regina Caydranth, leader of the Aquebio Clan as well as the protector of Sereno Mare. I am pleased to make your acquaintance," she said smiling at the other dragon. She was amazed at the other's information about this ancient library. She wondered how long it must have taken to restore this library from what it was before. She wondered how many dragons it took to complete this library or if it was just the Matriarch Regalia, whom the coal mentioned, who had constructed this athenaeum on her own. She was quite interested and wanted to find out more about the library and what if had to offer to other dragons such as herself. "May I go inside? I was unsure if I needed to pay in order to enter such an astounding place or not. If need be I have money if that is what is needed to enter," she said looking at the male Coatl before her with a worried expression on her face.
Caydranth chuckled slightly at the Coatl's enthusiasm. She loved and respected other dragons who took pride in their clans. "I see you truly care about this place as well as your clan," she said to him. "My name is Regina Caydranth, leader of the Aquebio Clan as well as the protector of Sereno Mare. I am pleased to make your acquaintance," she said smiling at the other dragon. She was amazed at the other's information about this ancient library. She wondered how long it must have taken to restore this library from what it was before. She wondered how many dragons it took to complete this library or if it was just the Matriarch Regalia, whom the coal mentioned, who had constructed this athenaeum on her own. She was quite interested and wanted to find out more about the library and what if had to offer to other dragons such as herself. "May I go inside? I was unsure if I needed to pay in order to enter such an astounding place or not. If need be I have money if that is what is needed to enter," she said looking at the male Coatl before her with a worried expression on her face.

eZ5CPeG.gif

As the two dragons spoke, there was a strange shifting in the earth in front of the Library. "BOO!" The black-and-white face of a nocturne popped out of the hole that had suddenly appeared, shaking herself clean of the dirt and stones that had gathered between her horns. Malice scrabbled out, chuckling to herself. "Heh, sorry about that folks," she grinned. "Shadow dragon. Couldn't resist. Anyway, a dragon named Noxus was telling my Clan about a library being refurbished, and I was sent to check it out. For science." The nocturne nodded solemnly, but a mischievous glint in her purple eyes showed that she still wasn't fully serious. Malice looked around. "I hope I came to the right place." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13213446] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/132135/13213446_350.png[/img] [/url]
As the two dragons spoke, there was a strange shifting in the earth in front of the Library. "BOO!" The black-and-white face of a nocturne popped out of the hole that had suddenly appeared, shaking herself clean of the dirt and stones that had gathered between her horns. Malice scrabbled out, chuckling to herself. "Heh, sorry about that folks," she grinned. "Shadow dragon. Couldn't resist. Anyway, a dragon named Noxus was telling my Clan about a library being refurbished, and I was sent to check it out. For science." The nocturne nodded solemnly, but a mischievous glint in her purple eyes showed that she still wasn't fully serious. Malice looked around. "I hope I came to the right place."

13213446_350.png
[img]http://[/img]
@safehavenblue (Hi I'm updating this at really late o'clock.)

Oh. Oh my. Gourmand's eyes widened in surprise as Caydranth announced just what her title was. Matriarch Regalia hoped to gain a visit from some sort of ambassador from foreign flights, but neither of them had hoped to dream that a clan leader would show up at their door...

Gourmand dipped his head in acknowledgement of Caydranth's title. "It is an honor to have you visit our hallowed halls, Lady Caydranth. But what brought you to our library, if I may be so bold to ask your motives?" Gourmand asked this flippantly, as if the question didn't matter to him. However, Gourmand listened carefully for the Water dragon's answer, curious as well as slightly cautions. It wasn't as if if he didn't trust Caydranth, really... a small clan such as his just needed to be careful.

Gourmand cocked his head sideways when the subject of payment arose. Yes, that was a good question. Gourmand cleared his throat. "A portion of Clan Morningstar had, ah, suggested, to put the word lightly, that a fee be imposed upon entry. For you, however, entry is free~... If you do me a tiny favor and spread the word about this library. For all their commitment to knowledge, many Light dragons can be quite, well, scatterbrained and completely forget that we exist here! They really aren't much help with advertising so far, it seems."

His eyes shifted over to a glass jar perched on the edge of his desk. Some dragon has stuck a sticker with the word "Donations" scrawled in rigid handwriting on the glass, and it stood out quite plainly. "There is, however, a donation jar if you so choose to fund our project here. Let me see if I can't convince you with some more information on this library..."

Carefully hopping off his chair, Gourmand shuffled down the hallway a bit, beckoning Caydranth to follow him with a flick of his tongue. He then led her to an open room filled with bookshelves. Though some bookshelves were bare, there were still many bookshelves of different materials lined with books of all shapes, colors, and degrees of thickness. A soft pile of cushions lay in the middle of the room under a circular hole in the ceiling. Said hole went through the three floors above the current floor to give way to a dome that let sunlight in through it, capturing the perfect light for reading.

Gourmand gave an appreciative sniff towards the pillows. "I picked out some of those myself. However, they're hardly the most impressive part of this floor. Each bookshelf was created by a member of our clan, and each one has a certain kind of personality to it. We consider it... something of a right of passage in Clan Morningstar."

Gourmand moved on before he could become too nostalgic. "Aaaanywhoo, our resident architect, Zephyr, designed the finer points of the layout here. He created the plan for the amber dome above our heads, and a few of our craftier dragons made his design a reality. You'd be surprised the amount of caution Wildclaws can take when given the opportunity. This entire structure really was something of, and forgive me if I sound saccharine, a 'team effort'."
@safehavenblue (Hi I'm updating this at really late o'clock.)

Oh. Oh my. Gourmand's eyes widened in surprise as Caydranth announced just what her title was. Matriarch Regalia hoped to gain a visit from some sort of ambassador from foreign flights, but neither of them had hoped to dream that a clan leader would show up at their door...

Gourmand dipped his head in acknowledgement of Caydranth's title. "It is an honor to have you visit our hallowed halls, Lady Caydranth. But what brought you to our library, if I may be so bold to ask your motives?" Gourmand asked this flippantly, as if the question didn't matter to him. However, Gourmand listened carefully for the Water dragon's answer, curious as well as slightly cautions. It wasn't as if if he didn't trust Caydranth, really... a small clan such as his just needed to be careful.

Gourmand cocked his head sideways when the subject of payment arose. Yes, that was a good question. Gourmand cleared his throat. "A portion of Clan Morningstar had, ah, suggested, to put the word lightly, that a fee be imposed upon entry. For you, however, entry is free~... If you do me a tiny favor and spread the word about this library. For all their commitment to knowledge, many Light dragons can be quite, well, scatterbrained and completely forget that we exist here! They really aren't much help with advertising so far, it seems."

His eyes shifted over to a glass jar perched on the edge of his desk. Some dragon has stuck a sticker with the word "Donations" scrawled in rigid handwriting on the glass, and it stood out quite plainly. "There is, however, a donation jar if you so choose to fund our project here. Let me see if I can't convince you with some more information on this library..."

Carefully hopping off his chair, Gourmand shuffled down the hallway a bit, beckoning Caydranth to follow him with a flick of his tongue. He then led her to an open room filled with bookshelves. Though some bookshelves were bare, there were still many bookshelves of different materials lined with books of all shapes, colors, and degrees of thickness. A soft pile of cushions lay in the middle of the room under a circular hole in the ceiling. Said hole went through the three floors above the current floor to give way to a dome that let sunlight in through it, capturing the perfect light for reading.

Gourmand gave an appreciative sniff towards the pillows. "I picked out some of those myself. However, they're hardly the most impressive part of this floor. Each bookshelf was created by a member of our clan, and each one has a certain kind of personality to it. We consider it... something of a right of passage in Clan Morningstar."

Gourmand moved on before he could become too nostalgic. "Aaaanywhoo, our resident architect, Zephyr, designed the finer points of the layout here. He created the plan for the amber dome above our heads, and a few of our craftier dragons made his design a reality. You'd be surprised the amount of caution Wildclaws can take when given the opportunity. This entire structure really was something of, and forgive me if I sound saccharine, a 'team effort'."
@possiblytroodon (whoops, I didn't see your post before I wrote out the other one. That's what I get for not using the refresh button!I'll work you in here)

At the sudden arrival of a Nocturne, Gourmand fell backwards on his feathery butt while letting out a very quiet wheezing sound. Goodness gracious, young things busting into the library... well, he really wasn't that old himself. He just behaved like an old grandmother Snapper. Casting a rueful glance at his sacred upturned pillow plle, Gourmand got on his feet once again and greeted the unexpected but not unwelcomed guest.

"Ah, g-greeting, Lady Nocturne. Yes, I remember Noxus... I believe Matriarch Regalia sent her to a certain clan by the name of The Whatnot? Of course, I am in charge of documenting such exchanges and interactions, so naturally I would recall it."

Realizing he was beginning to monologue to himself, Gourmand made eye contact with the Nocturne once again. There was no harm in accepting one more to his little tour. Another tour guide could be summoned (or bribed with his dessert, if necessary) to assist him, if the situation called for help.

"You have indeed come to the right place, Lady Nocturne" said Gourmand, getting back into his speaking rhythm. "I am Gourmand, Head Scribe of Clan Morningstar. You do indeed stand in the incomplete yet still, in my humble opinion, rather magnificent Alexandrian Library. I assume you are also here on behalf of your clan, as there is quite a lot to check out since our clans have last exchanged words?"
@possiblytroodon (whoops, I didn't see your post before I wrote out the other one. That's what I get for not using the refresh button!I'll work you in here)

At the sudden arrival of a Nocturne, Gourmand fell backwards on his feathery butt while letting out a very quiet wheezing sound. Goodness gracious, young things busting into the library... well, he really wasn't that old himself. He just behaved like an old grandmother Snapper. Casting a rueful glance at his sacred upturned pillow plle, Gourmand got on his feet once again and greeted the unexpected but not unwelcomed guest.

"Ah, g-greeting, Lady Nocturne. Yes, I remember Noxus... I believe Matriarch Regalia sent her to a certain clan by the name of The Whatnot? Of course, I am in charge of documenting such exchanges and interactions, so naturally I would recall it."

Realizing he was beginning to monologue to himself, Gourmand made eye contact with the Nocturne once again. There was no harm in accepting one more to his little tour. Another tour guide could be summoned (or bribed with his dessert, if necessary) to assist him, if the situation called for help.

"You have indeed come to the right place, Lady Nocturne" said Gourmand, getting back into his speaking rhythm. "I am Gourmand, Head Scribe of Clan Morningstar. You do indeed stand in the incomplete yet still, in my humble opinion, rather magnificent Alexandrian Library. I assume you are also here on behalf of your clan, as there is quite a lot to check out since our clans have last exchanged words?"
"My reason for venturing out to this place was for one purpose alone; knowledge. I had heard that this library has collected many kinds of books; books about every element, best clan and dragon. I was hoping to venture in and find some books about our leader, Tidelord." she said to the Coatl. When she heard the other answer her question about payment she smiled and bowed her head. "I appreciate your kindness and will be sure to spread the good word out about this library. I know of a few of my own dragons who are always in search for knowledge. They too will help me in spreading word about the library. I will though give my thanks in the form of a donation at the end of my inquiry if that is alright."

The Coatl gave a signal as if he were saying to follow him. Caydranth did just that and followed the male into the building. She was amazed at the architecture within the library. It was so majestic looking as if it had come from right out of a painting. She had taken a seat in the middle of the room on one of the many pillows pilled in the middle, each with its own intricate design. From the other's words, it seemed as if he found a knack in decoration. Caydranth looked up to see the many bookshelves lined up against the walls. There seemed to be many books closer to the bottom of the room rather than at the top. None the less, it was an amazing sight to see. She heard Gourmand mention an amber dome at the top and looked up to see and sure enough, there was a marvelous looking amber dome. Caydranth liked the way the light shone through the dome and into the library, creating a beautiful light spectacle inside the building. "It seems you have very talented dragons in your Clan. Matriarch Regalia must be proud of each and everyone of yours and their accomplishments."
"My reason for venturing out to this place was for one purpose alone; knowledge. I had heard that this library has collected many kinds of books; books about every element, best clan and dragon. I was hoping to venture in and find some books about our leader, Tidelord." she said to the Coatl. When she heard the other answer her question about payment she smiled and bowed her head. "I appreciate your kindness and will be sure to spread the good word out about this library. I know of a few of my own dragons who are always in search for knowledge. They too will help me in spreading word about the library. I will though give my thanks in the form of a donation at the end of my inquiry if that is alright."

The Coatl gave a signal as if he were saying to follow him. Caydranth did just that and followed the male into the building. She was amazed at the architecture within the library. It was so majestic looking as if it had come from right out of a painting. She had taken a seat in the middle of the room on one of the many pillows pilled in the middle, each with its own intricate design. From the other's words, it seemed as if he found a knack in decoration. Caydranth looked up to see the many bookshelves lined up against the walls. There seemed to be many books closer to the bottom of the room rather than at the top. None the less, it was an amazing sight to see. She heard Gourmand mention an amber dome at the top and looked up to see and sure enough, there was a marvelous looking amber dome. Caydranth liked the way the light shone through the dome and into the library, creating a beautiful light spectacle inside the building. "It seems you have very talented dragons in your Clan. Matriarch Regalia must be proud of each and everyone of yours and their accomplishments."

eZ5CPeG.gif

Slightly embarrassed by her sudden arrival in the magnificent building in front of these two important-looking dragons, Malice hastily attempted to straighten the cushions she'd knocked over in her "dramatic entrance."

"That's right," she said to the Coatl. "Noxus told us about the library, and I was assigned to investigate. And," she added sheepishly, "to expand the tunnels under our lair for easy access. Hence the mess. Sorry."

Malice looked nervously at the regal Fae decked out in sapphires, and then again at the ancient, faded magnificence of her surroundings. Clearly this wasn't the right time for her jokes. She gathered a clawful of rusty coins from her bag and put them into the donation jar, and then sat down by where the Fae and the Coatl were conversing, her head cocked- listening. Since it seemed like the Coatl was about to begin the tour, she was glad that she'd arrived when she did. She was starting to feel a bit less awkward, and she was more than ready to explore the old building and figure out its secrets.
Slightly embarrassed by her sudden arrival in the magnificent building in front of these two important-looking dragons, Malice hastily attempted to straighten the cushions she'd knocked over in her "dramatic entrance."

"That's right," she said to the Coatl. "Noxus told us about the library, and I was assigned to investigate. And," she added sheepishly, "to expand the tunnels under our lair for easy access. Hence the mess. Sorry."

Malice looked nervously at the regal Fae decked out in sapphires, and then again at the ancient, faded magnificence of her surroundings. Clearly this wasn't the right time for her jokes. She gathered a clawful of rusty coins from her bag and put them into the donation jar, and then sat down by where the Fae and the Coatl were conversing, her head cocked- listening. Since it seemed like the Coatl was about to begin the tour, she was glad that she'd arrived when she did. She was starting to feel a bit less awkward, and she was more than ready to explore the old building and figure out its secrets.
[img]http://[/img]
There was a rather loud clanging noise as the door suddenly burst open, revealing the somewhat menacing silhouettes of two dragons. The first was a guardian, it's scales pleasing shades of blue marred with haphazard dashes of dried war paint. It silently stood in the frame of the door, lowering the hood that obscured her face with a shake.
A second dragon slinked in front of her, a pale skydancer adorned in a simple scarf that hosted many metal pockets. He pushed himself up to the desk in a fluid motion that was offset by the jangles of the various contraptions his scarf hid, and cleared his throat.
'Pardon the interruption,' he began, looking the coatl up and down with a raised eyebrow.
'I've heard word that this here is a bookstore, of sorts?'
'Its a library,' the guardian from the back boomed, making the skydancer cringe.
'Remember what we came here for.'
'R-right,' the skydancer dipped his head in response, clearing his throat.
'Ah, where are my manners..? I am Mithril, and my, er, escort here is Waterbear. May you please point me to where we may find manuscripts of the blue sort of color concerning electrical conduits and the like?
Uh, our, um, caravan's generator broke down. Again. Would you kindly point us in the direction of the mechanics section? If you have one, I mean.'
He sniffed and shifted his wings, attempting to recompose his haughty demeanor, warily glancing at the nocturne and fae that accompanied the coatl. It's been forever since he'd been away from his clan's camp, and the unfamiliar environment made him uneasy. Mithril wasn't sure if having the warrior guardian accompany him was any help to his nerves, either, she honestly gave him the heebie-jeebies...
There was a rather loud clanging noise as the door suddenly burst open, revealing the somewhat menacing silhouettes of two dragons. The first was a guardian, it's scales pleasing shades of blue marred with haphazard dashes of dried war paint. It silently stood in the frame of the door, lowering the hood that obscured her face with a shake.
A second dragon slinked in front of her, a pale skydancer adorned in a simple scarf that hosted many metal pockets. He pushed himself up to the desk in a fluid motion that was offset by the jangles of the various contraptions his scarf hid, and cleared his throat.
'Pardon the interruption,' he began, looking the coatl up and down with a raised eyebrow.
'I've heard word that this here is a bookstore, of sorts?'
'Its a library,' the guardian from the back boomed, making the skydancer cringe.
'Remember what we came here for.'
'R-right,' the skydancer dipped his head in response, clearing his throat.
'Ah, where are my manners..? I am Mithril, and my, er, escort here is Waterbear. May you please point me to where we may find manuscripts of the blue sort of color concerning electrical conduits and the like?
Uh, our, um, caravan's generator broke down. Again. Would you kindly point us in the direction of the mechanics section? If you have one, I mean.'
He sniffed and shifted his wings, attempting to recompose his haughty demeanor, warily glancing at the nocturne and fae that accompanied the coatl. It's been forever since he'd been away from his clan's camp, and the unfamiliar environment made him uneasy. Mithril wasn't sure if having the warrior guardian accompany him was any help to his nerves, either, she honestly gave him the heebie-jeebies...
1 2