Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Lost Charge OOC
1 2 3
The Lost Charge OOC

The OOC chat, where the plot will be planned out. Feel free to drop by and say hello!

Pinglist:
@MidnightRaven @Dimesocket @Malaika @shadowdrac @Nimphy @Lamvin @Thewarywatcher13 @FloatingInSpace
The Lost Charge OOC

The OOC chat, where the plot will be planned out. Feel free to drop by and say hello!

Pinglist:
@MidnightRaven @Dimesocket @Malaika @shadowdrac @Nimphy @Lamvin @Thewarywatcher13 @FloatingInSpace
uCR5SCW.png
@MidnightRaven @Dimesocket @Malaika @shadowdrac @Nimphy @Lamvin @Thewarywatcher13

Welcome, once again everyone! I'd be very grateful if you uploaded your profiles to the profile page. The bio is a bit modified in order to cover a few points I forgot, so if you could make sure you got everything, that would be great.

The first course of action would be figuring out what the magics are, exactly. I have some rough ideas, but I would like to hear your thoughts first.
@MidnightRaven @Dimesocket @Malaika @shadowdrac @Nimphy @Lamvin @Thewarywatcher13

Welcome, once again everyone! I'd be very grateful if you uploaded your profiles to the profile page. The bio is a bit modified in order to cover a few points I forgot, so if you could make sure you got everything, that would be great.

The first course of action would be figuring out what the magics are, exactly. I have some rough ideas, but I would like to hear your thoughts first.
uCR5SCW.png
@shadowdrac

That won't be the RP thread, just a quick sign-up thing I made up will trying to get my thoughts together.
@shadowdrac

That won't be the RP thread, just a quick sign-up thing I made up will trying to get my thoughts together.
uCR5SCW.png
@FloatingInSpace Sorry, somehow I missed that originally. xD I'm not at my sharpest at the mo'.

Excited to see this going!
@FloatingInSpace Sorry, somehow I missed that originally. xD I'm not at my sharpest at the mo'.

Excited to see this going!
@MidnightRaven @Dimesocket @Malaika @shadowdrac @Nimphy @Lamvin @Thewarywatcher13 So your original idea was this: [quote= FloatingInSpace] Earth- Pillar Fire- Metal Wind- Cloud Water- Life Shadow- Chaos Ice- Time Lightning- Truth Light- Spirit [/quote] And the second idea, by @thewarywatcher13 was [quote= Thewarywatcher13] Earth- Pillar(could move time here, but then ice would have nothing. hmm.. ) Fire- Metal Wind- Sound (I just think that this suits the flight better, clouds being made of water and all) Water- Life(could move cloud here, but it doesn't sound very powerful, but life also sounds vague/overpowered to me, so maybe narrow it down to something like blood magic?) Shadow- Chaos Ice- Time Lightning- Spirit Light- Truth [/quote] First of all, there are only eight elements here! Arcane, Nature and Plague are missing! So I suggest Blood for Plague, Mind for Arcane and Venom for nature. Let's define magic? Let's define magic. I personally think that these new magics are variations, a bit unorthodox, of what is already normal magic. For example, let's take water. While it's called Life, I personally think it should be something more along the lines of healing (so someone who uses Life magic is a healer). Healing is already an ability associated with water, so it's just a variation. Venom, too, same with Chaos. In my mind, Venom is just what it sounds like, venom (lots of things in nature are venomous or poisonous), and Chaos is a kind of magic that creates illusions (you can't see the truth in the dark). That's just how I view it though. So what could Pillar and Metal do? For those, I have no idea, bu I also suggest switching them, because then I'd know what to do at least for Metal. I imagine it as being an advanced variation of Earth magic. More resistant, also more affected by heat (fire) and electricity (lightning), seeing as metal conducts them both well. As for Pillar, I honestly wouldn't know. I thought we were using the tiles that appear in Runestones of the Arcanist? Because if we are, I have never seen Sound, we'd have to stick to Cloud for Wind. Honestly, Clouds are already darn strong. They are heavy, they block vision, they can travel, I bet they can suffocate somebody, they can do lots of things, and as a bonus to a battle they would be useful (although I imagine not as useful as other kinds of magic). Spirit, Truth and Mind for Light, Lightning, and Arcane respectively, I suggest. I have a very vague idea of what Spirit could do (mostly manipulate will, emotions, motivations, I thought?), no idea whatsoever for Truth, but I thought that Mind could either be mind-reading or telekinesis, or both. As for Blood, I think that it would be a bit like blood bending in the Avatar series *nod nod*. Ahem, is it obvious yet that I love developing magic systems? Promise I tried and not estabilish too much. Tried.

So your original idea was this:
FloatingInSpace wrote:
Earth- Pillar
Fire- Metal
Wind- Cloud
Water- Life
Shadow- Chaos
Ice- Time
Lightning- Truth
Light- Spirit

And the second idea, by @thewarywatcher13 was
Thewarywatcher13 wrote:
Earth- Pillar(could move time here, but then ice would have nothing. hmm.. )
Fire- Metal
Wind- Sound (I just think that this suits the flight better, clouds being made of water and all)
Water- Life(could move cloud here, but it doesn't sound very powerful, but life also sounds vague/overpowered to me, so maybe narrow it down to something like blood magic?)
Shadow- Chaos
Ice- Time
Lightning- Spirit
Light- Truth

First of all, there are only eight elements here! Arcane, Nature and Plague are missing! So I suggest Blood for Plague, Mind for Arcane and Venom for nature.

Let's define magic? Let's define magic. I personally think that these new magics are variations, a bit unorthodox, of what is already normal magic. For example, let's take water. While it's called Life, I personally think it should be something more along the lines of healing (so someone who uses Life magic is a healer). Healing is already an ability associated with water, so it's just a variation. Venom, too, same with Chaos. In my mind, Venom is just what it sounds like, venom (lots of things in nature are venomous or poisonous), and Chaos is a kind of magic that creates illusions (you can't see the truth in the dark). That's just how I view it though.

So what could Pillar and Metal do? For those, I have no idea, bu I also suggest switching them, because then I'd know what to do at least for Metal. I imagine it as being an advanced variation of Earth magic. More resistant, also more affected by heat (fire) and electricity (lightning), seeing as metal conducts them both well. As for Pillar, I honestly wouldn't know.

I thought we were using the tiles that appear in Runestones of the Arcanist? Because if we are, I have never seen Sound, we'd have to stick to Cloud for Wind. Honestly, Clouds are already darn strong. They are heavy, they block vision, they can travel, I bet they can suffocate somebody, they can do lots of things, and as a bonus to a battle they would be useful (although I imagine not as useful as other kinds of magic).

Spirit, Truth and Mind for Light, Lightning, and Arcane respectively, I suggest. I have a very vague idea of what Spirit could do (mostly manipulate will, emotions, motivations, I thought?), no idea whatsoever for Truth, but I thought that Mind could either be mind-reading or telekinesis, or both.

As for Blood, I think that it would be a bit like blood bending in the Avatar series *nod nod*.

Ahem, is it obvious yet that I love developing magic systems? Promise I tried and not estabilish too much. Tried.
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
@MidnightRaven @Dimesocket @shadowdrac @Lamvin @Thewarywatcher13

@FloatingInSpace Profile uploaded!

As for the magics, I can pitch a few ideas here-

Pillar Magic- Allows the user to raise buildings and constructs from stone. When Earth Magic is more destructive, Pillar Magic is used for more constructive purposes. A master Pillar Magic practitioner can create grand golems out of rock.

Metal Magic- Closely related to Earth Magic but not quite, Metal Magic draws out the alloy within stone for use in combat or construction. For combat, searing metal is flung at the foe, leaving them with quite a burn. If the practitioner wishes, they can harden the Metal at will, restricting movement.

Cloud Magic- Is able to solidify things like clouds, mist, and in some cases gasses to create an illusion. The illusion depends on the expertise of the user. The illusion is almost always harmless, and anyone could pass through it, but the more experienced the dragon the more potent the illusion becomes. An expert could give the cloud solid form if they had enough practice.

Life Magic- Enables the user to purify water, no matter where the source has come from. With a few drops, the Life Water can cure major lacerations. However; one must be cautious when practicing this art, as it can easily cause exhaustion or a major injury if used too much.

Chaos Magic- With a little bit of Chaos Magic, the practitioner can employ this dark art to enter into the mind of another. If used by a novice, an experienced dragon can often block the efforts of the user. The more experience with this kind of magic you have, the easier it is to find certain thoughts, and perhaps plant some of your own.

Time Magic- Can be used for preservation, or decay. Whatever the user touches may remove itself from time altogether, becoming a static form, or age rapidly. The act of making something younger, strangely, is the hardest to achieve, requiring a master to perform. Even more odd is that the older the dragon is, the more potent Time Magic becomes.

Truth Magic- The act of divining fate. With Truth Magic, a dragon could see the outcome of a battle happening the next day, and move to make necessary changes to halt or instigate the unfolding of events. However; just like Life Magic, the act of Truth Magic leaves the user exceedingly drained.

Spirit Magic- A vivid type of magic, granting the user protection of spirits. These spirits are often deceased Imperials or Skydancers that have passed onto the beyond, but descend to help those in need. These spirits increase in power the nearer the user is to the Sunbeam Ruins.

...Aaaaand I got inspired again. ;v; Pillar Magic was a hard one, but I had fun with it!

Also, I agree with @Nimphy that that would be an awesome idea for Blood Magic. B)
@MidnightRaven @Dimesocket @shadowdrac @Lamvin @Thewarywatcher13

@FloatingInSpace Profile uploaded!

As for the magics, I can pitch a few ideas here-

Pillar Magic- Allows the user to raise buildings and constructs from stone. When Earth Magic is more destructive, Pillar Magic is used for more constructive purposes. A master Pillar Magic practitioner can create grand golems out of rock.

Metal Magic- Closely related to Earth Magic but not quite, Metal Magic draws out the alloy within stone for use in combat or construction. For combat, searing metal is flung at the foe, leaving them with quite a burn. If the practitioner wishes, they can harden the Metal at will, restricting movement.

Cloud Magic- Is able to solidify things like clouds, mist, and in some cases gasses to create an illusion. The illusion depends on the expertise of the user. The illusion is almost always harmless, and anyone could pass through it, but the more experienced the dragon the more potent the illusion becomes. An expert could give the cloud solid form if they had enough practice.

Life Magic- Enables the user to purify water, no matter where the source has come from. With a few drops, the Life Water can cure major lacerations. However; one must be cautious when practicing this art, as it can easily cause exhaustion or a major injury if used too much.

Chaos Magic- With a little bit of Chaos Magic, the practitioner can employ this dark art to enter into the mind of another. If used by a novice, an experienced dragon can often block the efforts of the user. The more experience with this kind of magic you have, the easier it is to find certain thoughts, and perhaps plant some of your own.

Time Magic- Can be used for preservation, or decay. Whatever the user touches may remove itself from time altogether, becoming a static form, or age rapidly. The act of making something younger, strangely, is the hardest to achieve, requiring a master to perform. Even more odd is that the older the dragon is, the more potent Time Magic becomes.

Truth Magic- The act of divining fate. With Truth Magic, a dragon could see the outcome of a battle happening the next day, and move to make necessary changes to halt or instigate the unfolding of events. However; just like Life Magic, the act of Truth Magic leaves the user exceedingly drained.

Spirit Magic- A vivid type of magic, granting the user protection of spirits. These spirits are often deceased Imperials or Skydancers that have passed onto the beyond, but descend to help those in need. These spirits increase in power the nearer the user is to the Sunbeam Ruins.

...Aaaaand I got inspired again. ;v; Pillar Magic was a hard one, but I had fun with it!

Also, I agree with @Nimphy that that would be an awesome idea for Blood Magic. B)
tumblr_nxz6n6mNKg1tc68dzo1_250.pngRADIANT1.pngtakfb5.png
@Nimphy

Plague, Nature, and Arcane are not up there because the Plaguebringer, Galdekeeper, and Arcanist did not dwell within the Pillar, so there is no symbol or tie of theirs there.

Don't worry, something will show up representing them soon enough! I did have their categories planned out.

@Malaika

I like your idea for Pillar magic! Something that is more of advanced creation, as I guess Earth magic can also create things, just not as precisely.
@Nimphy

Plague, Nature, and Arcane are not up there because the Plaguebringer, Galdekeeper, and Arcanist did not dwell within the Pillar, so there is no symbol or tie of theirs there.

Don't worry, something will show up representing them soon enough! I did have their categories planned out.

@Malaika

I like your idea for Pillar magic! Something that is more of advanced creation, as I guess Earth magic can also create things, just not as precisely.
uCR5SCW.png
@Malaika, I'll have to disagree on Truth. If it's Lightning's magic, then something as divination of fate is not really believable to me. After all, Lightning values science and discovery and generally not mysterious things. As for the rest (particularly Pillar), sounds good. Well, throwing hot metal at your opponent sounds like a very rough and very silly fighting technique tbh, but I guess with the right user it could become deadly.
@Malaika, I'll have to disagree on Truth. If it's Lightning's magic, then something as divination of fate is not really believable to me. After all, Lightning values science and discovery and generally not mysterious things. As for the rest (particularly Pillar), sounds good. Well, throwing hot metal at your opponent sounds like a very rough and very silly fighting technique tbh, but I guess with the right user it could become deadly.
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
@Nimphy Thanks! As for Truth, yeah, I kinda agree. There's a lot of potential there, so if I come up with different idea, I'll toss it in.

As for Metal, I was kinda worried that that would be too corny. xD I wanted something that could still relate to Fire, but I really couldn't come up with anything else. The Avatar topic that you brought up was really cool though, and they also have Metalbending, if I'm not mistaken. That might be a cool idea. :> (Although it might be too close to Earth/ Pillar Magic?)
@Nimphy Thanks! As for Truth, yeah, I kinda agree. There's a lot of potential there, so if I come up with different idea, I'll toss it in.

As for Metal, I was kinda worried that that would be too corny. xD I wanted something that could still relate to Fire, but I really couldn't come up with anything else. The Avatar topic that you brought up was really cool though, and they also have Metalbending, if I'm not mistaken. That might be a cool idea. :> (Although it might be too close to Earth/ Pillar Magic?)
tumblr_nxz6n6mNKg1tc68dzo1_250.pngRADIANT1.pngtakfb5.png
@FloatingInSpace
Profile updated!
@FloatingInSpace
Profile updated!
1 2 3